Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sharyan

Dec 29, 2021
View attachment 3846540

I envy those of you with powerful graphics cards. My poor 12GB 3060 did not appreciate this render. I was only at 75% convergence after 8 hours of baking and over 12,000 iterations.
I also use one 3060 12GB. which I think may have reduced the quality of the render, was the moisture in their bodies, I know it was to implement the sweat in the scene, them running through the fire, in this case, work the opacity would help (maybe?) a little, in these cases you can try to render separately, the character and the background, and put them together in photoshop. I also stopped using quality and only use interations, in this case to render in 4K I use 10,000 and in most of the time I don't even let the 10,000 finish, since I'm going to do the post in Lightroom, a tip I picked up here on the forum a while ago, was this, use interations only, and resize the image, in this case I render in 4k and resize to 2k/FHD, and even when I don't resize, the 4K image has an interesting quality, even with 7,000 interations (without the post denoiser)

Most of the time you will get better quality using just interations, since a 3060 12GB is not a bad GPU, I will attach the original render of Bianca that I made this week, without post, there were 7000 interations, 45 minutes in 4k, of course, ofc more interations and the better your GPU/Hardware, the better qualities you will obtain, but there comes a point in the rendering when it is "done" and the rest of the interactions are just for polishing, the DAZ renders the entire scene, (Yes, even what is not in the camera crop is rendered for reflections and other things) so using the camera cutaway can help optimize the rendering of your scene too (it will affect some things like some reflections, but not the lighting).

bia_pool_original.png

bellaisdabest

Jan 9, 2022
Not a direction to the series. I know it's famous, but I haven't watched it. My idea was to do a short series of renders about Rio's rescue. I found a suitable basement asset and positioned the characters. In the basement itself there are 3-4 stationary fluorescent lights. For better lighting and expression of the scene, I added a few additional lighting surfaces. Surprisingly for me, the rendering time was extremely long - towards 2 hours. Usually it doesn't take more than 20-25 min. No reflective surfaces, no complicated lights. I have no idea what is causing this increased time.
View attachment 3849342
View attachment 3849348
nice work. in the series there is a episode where they rescue an asian girl in a basement lol.

Reactions: Valarcho

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
I also use one 3060 12GB. which I think may have reduced the quality of the render, was the moisture in their bodies, I know it was to implement the sweat in the scene, them running through the fire, in this case, work the opacity would help (maybe?) a little, in these cases you can try to render separately, the character and the background, and put them together in photoshop. I also stopped using quality and only use interations, in this case to render in 4K I use 10,000 and in most of the time I don't even let the 10,000 finish, since I'm going to do the post in Lightroom, a tip I picked up here on the forum a while ago, was this, use interations only, and resize the image, in this case I render in 4k and resize to 2k/FHD, and even when I don't resize, the 4K image has an interesting quality, even with 7,000 interations (without the post denoiser)

Most of the time you will get better quality using just interations, since a 3060 12GB is not a bad GPU, I will attach the original render of Bianca that I made this week, without post, there were 7000 interations, 45 minutes in 4k, of course, ofc more interations and the better your GPU/Hardware, the better qualities you will obtain, but there comes a point in the rendering when it is "done" and the rest of the interactions are just for polishing, the DAZ renders the entire scene, (Yes, even what is not in the camera crop is rendered for reflections and other things) so using the camera cutaway can help optimize the rendering of your scene too (it will affect some things like some reflections, but not the lighting).

View attachment 3850624
I've come across this tip with resizing the renderer for better quality, but never used it.

My monitor is 1920x1080, and the photos I render are mostly 3:2 (W:H) aspect ratio. The processing percentage is the default one from DAZ -95%, quality: 1, and the number of renderers is unlimited (rarely reaching over 4000-5000).

With the above settings, I wonder if there would be any significant improvement in the final frame quality if I render at 4k and then resize (I guess yes if the footage is viewed on a non-higher end monitor with 4k resolution):rolleyes:

Sharyan

Dec 29, 2021
I've come across this tip with resizing the renderer for better quality, but never used it.

My monitor is 1920x1080, and the photos I render are mostly 3:2 (W:H) aspect ratio. The processing percentage is the default one from DAZ -95%, quality: 1, and the number of renderers is unlimited (rarely reaching over 4000-5000).

With the above settings, I wonder if there would be any significant improvement in the final frame quality if I render at 4k and then resize (I guess yes if the footage is viewed on a non-higher end monitor with 4k resolution):rolleyes:
I have some renders of original characters that I made in 4K with 3000 interations, and I resized them in photoshop to FHD, it turns out that when you resize, the pixels will come together, and it will leave the render with a better resolution, since in 4K they are "scattered" an example attached. Another tip is to do the post in Lightroom and when exporting, increase the number of pixels in the image, for example: the default is 300-450 pixels, I put it between 1000-3000 pixels when I export from Lightroom. I put 10000 interations max, 100 minimum samples, time render -1 and keep looking, when I think it's good I cancel it, but you can also render in 2K if you intend to resize to FHD.

Edit: Turn Off Quality render mode

4K Original FHD Resize + Post
Chloe&Agnes_pool_02_01_4k.png Chloe&Agnes_pool_02_1080.jpg

Pillower

May 21, 2019

View attachment 3850624
I think you misunderstood my post. I know why my image took so long, and it has nothing to do with body moisture, it was the volumetric lighting. Just 1 instance alone can bring a GPU to its knees. The fire scene was using 8 at once. A 3060 can handle body moisture like a piece of cake. I wasn't needing help, I was just laughing at the fact I actually had a render hit the seconds threshold before it hit convergence which never happens to me (I usually use 8 hours because I often start rendering right before I goto sleep). Your suggestion for render settings is functionally the exact same thing I use, as the convergence slider with an unrealistically high max iteration setting is essentially a render for iteration setup. It renders out 95% of the iterations required to complete the image, because that last 5% is basically imperceptible and if not in the case of a stray firely or two can easily be fixed in post.

As far as rendering the background and model separate, if I'm understanding you right (compositing/photobashing), I highly highly recommend nobody do this (unless you're using a very low VRAM card in which it can be useful) because rendering your character separate from the background loses a lot of lighting from the enviornment and reflections on the model that make it look realistic. If you want ultimate control over your lighting in post, I WOULD recommend however learning how to render everything separately in Daz using canvases.

I personally don't do it because I enjoy the challenge of trying to get everything right in-camera and doing as minimal postwork as possible (which is where having a 4090 would be handy because you can basically work by sitting in iray preview and see changes in realtime, especially useful when you're working with volumetric lighting as otherwise it takes forever to render out all the particles correctly), but if you want to do professional work, I would highly recommend learning how to use canvases.

The process of rendering big and then resizing down is called downsampling. It's normally used to manipulate compression algorithms, but I suppose it could make a difference in your renders depending on how you export them (lossy vs lossless) or maybe in dealing with possible compression algorithms that could arise in post work. I personally like posting 4k renders though and am not about to start rendering at 8k.

Reactions: Valarcho
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes