Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Hentie1975

Aug 2, 2017
No rush at all Sancho but on average how long does updating/adjusting your mod take when there's a new release? Especially since you seem quite thorough.

Reactions: RD2008

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No rush at all Sancho but on average how long does updating/adjusting your mod take when there's a new release? Especially since you seem quite thorough.
Each VN and each update is different. There's no way to ever know. One never knows what obstacles there are and sometimes just one of those obstacles can take hours to resolve. The more complex the VN the more time it takes obviously. So, since about half of my mods are for the most complex and elaborate of VN's... usually a minimum of 24 hours up to "who the hell knows". Sometimes I can knock out a VN in just a few hours... if it's mostly dialogue. There's just no way to make that judgement. I can't even tell you how much longer I have on this and I have other VN's that dropped needing updates currently. It's a viscous cycle when folks expect SanchoMod to be top-tier. If I were sloppy and half-assed I'd knock them all out in minutes... but I just can't be like that.

Hentie1975

Aug 2, 2017
Each VN and each update is different. There's no way to ever know. One never knows what obstacles there are and sometimes just one of those obstacles can take hours to resolve. The more complex the VN the more time it takes obviously. So, since about half of my mods are for the most complex and elaborate of VN's... usually a minimum of 24 hours up to "who the hell knows". Sometimes I can knock out a VN in just a few hours... if it's mostly dialogue. There's just no way to make that judgement. I can't even tell you how much longer I have on this and I have other VN's that dropped needing updates currently. It's a viscous cycle when folks expect SanchoMod to be top-tier. If I were sloppy and half-assed I'd knock them all out in minutes... but I just can't be like that.
Like I said thorough with you is good. Appreciate the incite into how you release your stuff. And judging by the games I've played that use your mods, you're doing something right.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's going to be a few event variables that currently have little impact but since we have no idea yet if they might be more important than they seem at first (this has happened before) I'm making more than the usual save point notifications/recommendations. This is to keep you from having to restart something later if the variable just simply doesn't merit a cheat (like a relp path for example). Example:
1671306400222.png

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
First message on this forum just to thank you for your awesome mod. I already got the game and I'm gonna wait for your release before playing it. Thanks for your hard work and effort into making this!
If you haven't played season 1 & 2 yet they are on the site as well, in the same thread. The mod works perfectly well with those seasons :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy shit! This first FreeRoam has a ton of hidden magazines... 16 or so I reckon. I'm just now starting to code the FreeRoam guide, since I know if I skip it then those folks that have used SanchoMod in S1/S2 will post "WTF?" :ROFLMAO:. I can't cop out of it regardless of my current workload.

Here's the rough transition screen sequence from standard play to FreeRoam (disregard info in the FreeRoam MiniStat... I haven't finished coding it yet):

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
At the end of the Halloween party, Quinn, lily and nicole are not clickable to talk to and the optional task is saying that I can talk to them. Do you know how to fix that?
I'm coding the FreeRoam now. Give me some time to work to that point. I have to setup the MiniStat template first to I can automatically populate the majority of the FreeRoams in the future. I'll let you know if I find anything wonky.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I will happily wait, if a game doesn't have a Sanchmod available, then I play unmodded, too many others break so many things it's not worth the effort unless the game is completed.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Sancho1969

As the user above pointed out URM is an alternative, I've considered using it before.

My question is if there's landmines as you've pointed out before that would mess stuff up if I cheated money with URM?
If it helps I think URM is the single greatest tool for any Renpy game. I use it on EVERY single one I play. With other mods installed and never had a single issue because of it. I can change values and variables at will even if the mod I'm using doesn't allow me to. I've used it with Sancho's mod as well in games like Chasing Sunsets and Summer Scent. Not a single issue so far.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If it helps I think URM is the single greatest tool for any Renpy game. I use it on EVERY single one I play. With other mods installed and never had a single issue because of it. I can change values and variables at will even if the mod I'm using doesn't allow me to. I've used it with Sancho's mod as well in games like Chasing Sunsets and Summer Scent. Not a single issue so far.
The point is, while that might be fine and dandy for other VN's, is that Pinkcake has taken it upon himself to timebomb and landmine mod use. So far I'm the only one not in the crossfire. Maybe that urm is ok, I don't know, just know that there is sabotage code from the dev throughout the scripts. I sorted it out for mobile players but I can't waste any more time for other people's mods. I don't say that being an asshole, it's just that I'm burning hours tracking things down for other folks since the VN updated... so if there is an issue it's not on me... I've given fair warning many, many times. That's the only point I'm trying to relay. I just can't spend my whole days troubleshooting people's fucked up saves when it has nothing to do with me... so, my stance is don't mod mix, and play SanchoMod inside a clean, new installation of the VN. That's the golden rule. See my point?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, I despise this phone chat code. I hated it in Season 2 and it's the damn same. It's worse than UoP. Takes forever to code the ChoiceGuide into it. Very slow and aggravating process. I think it's about whiskey time 'round here... need to replenish my tolerance level or I'll go insane :ROFLMAO:

Bigboi42

Nov 13, 2020
Sancho mods are always worth the wait, take your time and as always thank you a lot for your hard work!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho mods are always worth the wait, take your time and as always thank you a lot for your hard work!
Bud, I wish I could take my time. I'll end up having to come back to this mod after I release anyway for the PartyPlanning cheat. It'll take way too long and I have to keep getting these mods updated. It's the same every year, they drop like rain during December. It'll be a rock-solid SanchoMod nonetheless. Just some of the complex cheats I have in mind will have to be implemented a bit later on.

Reactions: Bigboi42

Hentie1975

Aug 2, 2017
Maybe a few hours, maybe not... whenever it's done bud, there's no way to estimate. There's never a known what roadblocks come until you hit them.

I haven't found any code loops. Can you be more specific and I'll sort it out, sure.
I assume he's talking about the never-ending loop with Jill and Bella. It loops with Jill wanting Bella to come over and then continues with Bella talking with girls and then begins again with Jill.

Reactions: Justn409

Meritax

May 2, 2020
Maybe a few hours, maybe not... whenever it's done bud, there's no way to estimate. There's never a known what roadblocks come until you hit them.

I haven't found any code loops. Can you be more specific and I'll sort it out, sure.
Maybe i didn't explain my self really well sorry.
basically during episode 9, when i try to talk wiyh josy and maya at the party,during the conversation the game sends me back to the interlude.
i tried to go through the interlude again but i keep getting the same problem

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes