Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy shit... seems I have many notices of a large handful of my posts deleted from the VN's thread... imagine that. I've done nothing for over 24hrs but to help as many folks as I can (regardless of what they used in the past or currently if at all) all while trying to get my own work done. Bummer. Oh well.

I'm on my first cup of coffee after yesterday's binge coding session, opening up the project (I'm in the studio) and fixing to get back to it.... I think I left off after finally finishing that damn Puzzle Box mini-game multi-cheat and need to continue on with the free roam guides.... sounds about right.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just wish it was possible to get back the 3d ones like we had previous for the phone wallpaper. Not a huge fan of the 2d cartoony ones.
Which season... give me a bit more info to refresh my memory and I'll see what I can do (no promises as the OG music coding was already a real bitch to pull off).

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
so I quit playing for now waiting for your mod, I was wondering if I use your mod on the season 1/2 and have the fix already installed in 10, I should be able fine I think? just checking before I start cause I only have 3 routes done and I wanted to do more but I didn't want to have to spend so much time going through it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so I quit playing for now waiting for your mod, I was wondering if I use your mod on the season 1/2 and have the fix already installed in 10, I should be able fine I think? just checking before I start cause I only have 3 routes done and I wanted to do more but I didn't want to have to spend so much time going through it.
All SanchoMod's listed in the OP auto-dectect and fix timebombs (you don't need any other fixes)... the one for the pending update is a new timebomb series that's not in the previous updates/seasons. I think I put the code in S1/S2... I'm pretty sure I did long ago. I push out those stand-alone fixes for folks that don't use SanchoMod... as a courtesy.

Reactions: horusxcaen82

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
All SanchoMod's listed in the OP auto-dectect and fix timebombs (you don't need any other fixes)... the one for the pending update is a new timebomb series that's not in the previous updates/seasons. I think I put the code in S1/S2... I'm pretty sure I did long ago. I push out those stand-alone fixes for folks that don't use SanchoMod... as a courtesy.
thanks! I love BADIK but when they come out at the pace they do I kind of forget about it being a thing until its released, so these help.

Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
Good morning. You can use that file safely (it's non-destructive). If you don't and wait for SanchoMod then my mod will auto-detect if there's a timebomb and give you an option to remove it. See posts here for example of how that looks here (for the pending update). The pending update will resolve all previous timebombs as well...cause that's how we roll.
Thanks man, I appreciate it and will wait for your update.

Just one question that got me confused so, your upcoming mode will have a feature to remove any previous other mods eg Scrappy in it using a click or something? And then my saves will work as per your mode, am I right?

Also that includes the fix for doctor scene crash and freeroam stuck right?

alive89

Mar 8, 2023
I'm sorry I am a noob to this, may I ask if I load a previous modded save with Scrappy mod, but this time have your mod installed will I have problems?
I am not interested in starting over, but if I have to is ok too.
Thanks!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks man, I appreciate it and will wait for your update.

Just one question that got me confused so, your upcoming mode will have a feature to remove any previous other mods eg Scrappy in it using a click or something? And then my saves will work as per your mode, am I right?

Also that includes the fix for doctor scene crash and freeroam stuck right?
It will only give you the option to remove the timebombs. I'm not fucking around and wasting my time for the "looping" issues that the "harem" cheats have caused.... that's not my problem tbh. You'll have to seek him for help with that, since he caused the issue via his product. I'm not dumping on him, just saying that's where the responsibility ultimately lies. My courtesy only goes so far as I'm very busy too. Make sense?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sorry I am a noob to this, may I ask if I load a previous modded save with Scrappy mod, but this time have your mod installed will I have problems?
I am not interested in starting over, but if I have to is ok too.
Thanks!
Bud... literally read the posts above yours. For timebombs yes, for "harem looping" issues no.

I'm going dark for a bit folks... I have to continue coding as daylight's a burnin'.

Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
It will only give you the option to remove the timebombs. I'm not fucking around and wasting my time for the "looping" issues that the "harem" cheats have caused.... that's not my problem tbh. You'll have to seek him for help with that, since he caused the issue via his product. I'm not dumping on him, just saying that's where the responsibility ultimately lies. My courtesy only goes so far as I'm very busy too. Make sense?
Yea thanks man. I didn't use the mods for harem routes. Just used for money and test purposes.
At the end of ep8 & ep9, I made a specific save for each of my path.
Waiting for your update.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I noticed that to replace the old music you need the old file from 0.8.2 would anyone happen to have that file here? or would it maybe be in the VN thread?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The current bane of my existence:
1702154693712.png
These new English tests are input via the keyboard and not mouse-clicking... causing massive havoc with the mod's hotkey code system. I now have to write some epic code to be able to completely shutdown that system and revive it somehow.

It's all these little things that are bogging me down today, but I'm fighting through it.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
View attachment 3159352
These new English tests are input via the keyboard and not mouse-clicking... causing massive havoc with the mod's hotkey code system. I now have to write some epic code to be able to completely shutdown that system and revive it somehow.

It's all these little things that are bogging me down today, but I'm fighting through it.
Thanks for all you're willing to do Sancho. I am patiently waiting for your mod, they are always top notch.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 3159352

Scratch the replied to post...

Damnit!!! Really? What a brain-fart.... I already have that damn code... I disabled hotkeys during scenes in SanchoGallery... I just have to trigger the same damn code.

Man, last night's coding binge has me not quite as sharp today... I'm too old for 20hr work sessions (especially while drinking fine whiskey) :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for all you're willing to do Sancho. I am patiently waiting for your mod, they are always top notch.
That's the problem... I know I'll be judged harshly on this update so I have to keep pulling rabbits out of my hat to impress. This VN's update every year is like a modder's final semester evaluation... you're only remembered for "what have you done for me lately" by many. I reckon I still have a few rabbits left though.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes