Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

MichaelJordan

Jul 23, 2017
+1 Sancho, thanks for still doing your magic, even for VN's like this one, where the dev makes the life of people using mods extra difficult :HideThePain:

hnjk619

May 2, 2020
That's the problem... I know I'll be judged harshly on this update so I have to keep pulling rabbits out of my hat to impress. This VN's update every year is like a modder's final semester evaluation... you're only remembered for "what have you done for me lately" by many. I reckon I still have a few rabbits left though.
Man I'll be extremely grateful if I could just use my old save file again without the "AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0'". just to be clear once you release the mod just using it would remove this error and the old save will start to work right?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Man I'll be extremely grateful if I could just use my old save file again without the "AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0'". just to be clear once you release the mod just using it would remove this error and the old save will start to work right?
If you don't want to wait then use the SaveFixer in the OP... but you must remove that fixer if you later install the pending update... do NOT forget.

Reactions: Elementary_Cookie

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Scratch the replied to post...

Damnit!!! Really? What a brain-fart.... I already have that damn code... I disabled hotkeys during scenes in SanchoGallery... I just have to trigger the same damn code.

Man, last night's coding binge has me not quite as sharp today... I'm too old for 20hr work sessions (especially while drinking fine whiskey) :ROFLMAO:
Fuck you English test!

Both the soft and hard cheats work 100% again:
1702159388497.png 1702157333368.png
I'll remove the MiniStat from the screen while testing like I did in previous mod versions... I'm just testing things right now.

Just like the other mod MiniGame cheats, they are all on by default and can be toggled Off individually via SanchoCheats screen. Toggling them off simply removes them from view of course. Even if you see a one-button cheat you are not required to use it since the soft cheat will remain for normal use if desired.
1702159523631.png

To be clear for the terminology used: soft cheat is information in the MiniStat, notification banner, or otherwise on screen. hard cheat is a button you press to do everything for you.

Recall I have a full PuzzleBox cheat made last night (post is here describing it).

Last edited:

SpiralOrange

Dec 7, 2023
Is the party planning mini-game from the episode 9 connected to this update?

Btw, the game wouldn't feel as enjoyable without your mod, so thanks and keep up the good work!

Reactions: MilfyAces

em2839845

Aug 23, 2022
Good luck and thanks for all your do! I'm busy this whole week so I won't be able to play the new update and currently dodging spoilers. I will be patiently waiting to play with your mod, whenever it's out! Keep up the great work!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is the party planning mini-game from the episode 9 connected to this update?

Btw, the game wouldn't feel as enjoyable without your mod, so thanks and keep up the good work!
Yes, there's another damn party planner... but making a proper cheat is still a problem since the most efficient routes are yet to be calculated.

There's folks posting wonky console commands and such in the VN's OP but those folks are likely fucking up bigtime... their save files might be fucked going forward. I will only release a cheat in the mod if I'm certain it's bulletproof. I don't want my own saves messed up and I would be devastated if any of my public mods borked literally tens of thousands of player's files. I take it quite seriously...others don't so much... they fuck up people's save files all the damn time.

I'll sort it all out eventually... the PartyPlanner will likely come later though. Just like the Mansion mini-game cheat I have in Season 2... it took a while to get that perfected enough to issue it public. Now it's one of the best cheats in any VN on the planet. I'm quite proud of that beast of a project tbh.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Yes, there's another damn party planner... but making a proper cheat is still a problem since the most efficient routes are yet to be calculated.

There's folks posting wonky console commands and such in the VN's OP but those folks are likely fucking up bigtime... their save files might be fucked going forward. I will only release a cheat in the mod if I'm certain it's bulletproof. I don't want my own saves messed up and I would be devastated if any of my public mods borked literally tens of thousands of player's files. I take it quite seriously...others don't so much... they fuck up people's save files all the damn time.

I'll sort it all out eventually... the PartyPlanner will likely come later though. Just like the Mansion mini-game cheat I have in Season 2... it took a while to get that perfected enough to issue it public. Now it's one of the best cheats in any VN on the planet. I'm quite proud of that beast of a project tbh.
barring any actual cheats, I used URM last episode to give me extra money for the party planner game, that way it's quite easy, takes like 5 minutes to get an S result out of it. But I'd take a button-press any day over manual work :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
barring any actual cheats, I used URM last episode to give me extra money for the party planner game, that way it's quite easy, takes like 5 minutes to get an S result out of it. But I'd take a button-press any day over manual work :ROFLMAO:
Well, remember that money is different than the Player's money variable... and we don't know what Pink has planned... so be careful. That mini-game was not meant (by design) to be able to have "everything" perfect so you might fuck shit up. Just saying be cautious... we can always fix minor fubars later but big ones not so much.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well, remember that money is different than the Player's money variable... and we don't know what Pink has planned... so be careful. That mini-game was not meant (by design) to be able to have "everything" perfect so you might fuck shit up. Just saying be cautious... we can always fix minor fubars later but big ones not so much.
man why he gotta be that way, I just want to enjoy the game without too much hassle but he ain't making it easy. That being said I did the same with the mansion game, and that turned out ok, no landmines there by adding money.

Reactions: Chace005

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I wanted to play Ep.9 using the current mod, but I think I'll wait and play Ep.9 along with the Ep.10 mod. I want to be sure which variable in Ep.9 blocks Zoey's path. I think that conversation between the MC and John Boy about whether Zoey is a friend or an ex-girlfriend will be decisive for her route.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
waiting for sancho. not sure why you are not the official modder for most of the games you mod over the other less impressive mods tbh but whatever.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
That's the problem... I know I'll be judged harshly on this update so I have to keep pulling rabbits out of my hat to impress. This VN's update every year is like a modder's final semester evaluation... you're only remembered for "what have you done for me lately" by many. I reckon I still have a few rabbits left though.
You could always call Derek or the Nerds and get the answers to the test!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
THANK YOU!!!!
Official links are literally in the OP for v0.9.1 bud:
1702166218039.png
Never trust third-party links. I don't endorse them since I update mods constantly and using anything other than official for the VN version you are seeking is asking for trouble. Just sayin'. Don't ask me for help if you DL my mod(s) from anywhere except my OPs.

Reactions: Chuck6o

Cloud_Runner

Sep 18, 2022
Official links are literally in the OP for v0.9.1 bud:
View attachment 3159730
Never trust third-party links. I don't endorse them since I update mods constantly and using anything other than official for the VN version you are seeking is asking for trouble. Just sayin'. Don't ask me for help if you DL my mod(s) from anywhere except my OPs.
Fair warning, even tho i copied the link from under that spoiler. Someone else could have changed the link a bit so it redirects to a scam website or whatever.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fair warning, even tho i copied the link from under that spoiler. Someone else could have changed the link a bit so it redirects to a scam website or whatever.
Well, I'm thinking more on the lines that you might not get Maintenance Updates of the mod as I push them if you are relying on outside sources, etc. I have a duty to do my best to protect folks from themselves you understand. I have to keep this madness under some type of control or I get inundated with needless support questions. I'm doing all this for free so I'm not willing to hire additional employees just for tech support duties... that's way beyond the scope of me sharing my toys in this sandbox we're all playing in.

You get the idea... time for tonight's first adult beverage though, brb.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck you English test!

Both the soft and hard cheats work 100% again:
View attachment 3159517 View attachment 3159460
I'll remove the MiniStat from the screen while testing like I did in previous mod versions... I'm just testing things right now.

Just like the other mod MiniGame cheats, they are all on by default and can be toggled Off individually via SanchoCheats screen. Toggling them off simply removes them from view of course. Even if you see a one-button cheat you are not required to use it since the soft cheat will remain for normal use if desired.
View attachment 3159518

To be clear for the terminology used: soft cheat is information in the MiniStat, notification banner, or otherwise on screen. hard cheat is a button you press to do everything for you.

Recall I have a full PuzzleBox cheat made last night (post is here describing it).
Okay, I doubled-back and knocked out the cheat real quick for the new Math Test.. mark this one done too:
1702167786212.png 1702167802085.png

And (of course) you can toggle the cheat to be visible anytime in real-time:
1702167871228.png

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I am just beyond impressed by your work drive and effort and attention to detail and quality. I am both glad and afraid that you set such high standard I will probably never attempt to use any other mod in any other game ever! And I'm originally here just for the +DIK -DIK variables in choices, tho extra features are growing on me!

Reactions: jjmayne
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes