Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have to be honest... I feel I just wasted two more hours on an issue I noted in the phone chat guide. I've fought it (the code is the same as S2, not sure where I'm missing the workaround yet) but decided I must move on so: Those fucking emojis in replies that have the guide are temporarily going to be gone... fuck 'em for now. If I leave them they overwrite the guide:

With emoji and guide:
View attachment 2250479

Without emoji and guide:
View attachment 2250484

I'll sort it out after initial release. I can't be bothered to waste any more time on fucking emoji code. Just being honest of the silly roadblocks that occur. I'm getting back to it... onward I march forward.
Gah!!

The same damn thing fucked me up from last year... those damn emojis. Another 2hrs wasted trying to figure out why some of my phone chat guide wasn't working.

Damnit. Time for a smoke break.

Mursanian

Feb 12, 2021
Gah!!

The same damn thing fucked me up from last year... those damn emojis. Another 2hrs wasted trying to figure out why some of my phone chat guide wasn't working.

Damnit. Time for a smoke break.
I was wondering why there is no Phone-Chat Guide in S1 & S2. That explains it?

But isn't Emojis just escaped unicde in python?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was wondering why there is no Phone-Chat Guide in S1 & S2. That explains it?

But isn't Emojis just escaped unicde in python?
S1/S2 does have phone chat guide bud... I'm certain as I recently updated that mod earlier this week and reviewed it as part of the maintenance process. Not all phone choices have consequence though... I usually try to put "Player's Choice" in those but it's likely not in all of 'em. Those that change stats are included though... and they toggle On/Off in real-time via the ChoiceGuide feature.

Otherwise yeah, emojis fuck up a lot of things though. In all of this VN where I need to place info for the guide I simply remove them... I'm not fighting RenPy to the grave.

Reactions: Kayrahan91

Mursanian

Feb 12, 2021
S1/S2 does have phone chat guide bud... I'm certain as I recently updated S2 and reviewed it as part of the maintenance process.

Otherwise yeah, emojis fuck up a lot of things though. In all of this VN where I need to place info for the guide I simply remove them... I'm not fighting RenPy to the grave.
Hmm weird, I just did a complete clean unpack of 8.3 today and a redownload of your mod and I did not see any guides during phone-text-messaging, playing all the way through in speedmode to episode 8.

I will check tomorrow again... Cause you having me doubt my sanity right now. *scratches head*

Also screw the emojis, don't let them break your head.

But most Importantly thank you for your hard work on the mod! Love it! (Well only thing that it misses,was the phone-text-message guides for me, but that might be something on my end...)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmm weird, I just did a complete clean unpack of 8.3 today and a redownload of your mod and I did not see any guides during phone-text-messaging, playing all the way through in speedmode to episode 8.

I will check tomorrow again... Cause you having me doubt my sanity right now. *scratches head*

Also screw the emojis, don't let them break your head.

But most Importantly thank you for your hard work on the mod! Love it! (Well only thing that it misses,was the phone-text-message guides for me, but that might be something on my end...)
I'm certain it's there, been there forever (although the "old" phone doesn't work the same way as the "new" phone). I just looked at the mod's code for chat(old) and chat(new)... it's all there.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I usually try to put "Player's Choice" in those but it's likely not in all of 'em.
I've been wondering about this Player Choice detail while playing first seasons from fresh currently. I just assumed it's popular player/dev choice and only changes flavor text, does it have any real consequences and I've been messing up whenever I choose the other option?

tonicekkralicek

Dec 6, 2021
I've been wondering about this Player Choice detail while playing first seasons from fresh currently. I just assumed it's popular player/dev choice and only changes flavor text, does it have any real consequences and I've been messing up whenever I choose the other option?
It means that the choice is completely up to you and does not have any points, variable or other consequences but maybe slight change in a dialogue.

Reactions: Lord Bradley

Mursanian

Feb 12, 2021
I'm certain it's there, been there forever (although the "old" phone doesn't work the same way as the "new" phone). I just looked at the mod's code for chat(old) and chat(new)... it's all there.
Okay, just started a new playthrough. I toggled the Choice Guide off and back on, and now it is showing them. Not sure if there is a hidden variable or something in the persistant save data in AppData(I Have been backing up that part for a few years, so might have been somewhat corrupted with old stuff). Anyhow, now I got the full guides in the Phone-Text-Messages.

:love:

Or maybe you one need to generally toggle the guide on and off to get it to work, and you intialized the Phone-Text-Message flag falsely.
Not that it important, I don't wann take you away from working on 10.0

Cheers again <3

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
See this spoiler section in the OP for a ChoiceGuide legend of common terminology and acronyms used by me in all my public mods (so they are consistent in nature):
1702219173871.png

Reactions: Lord Bradley

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Some days I just really have my shit all together and get in a zone. I'm knocking out complex code like a madman today. An example in SanchoGallery:

Pink gives you three small Madame scenes in the VN's gallery... hardly complete.

I give you.... fucking ALL of 'em, in one scene compilation where you can enjoy any or some of them as you wish... just like in-game.
1702237614025.png 1702237652394.png 1702237935584.png
Now, I know that seems simple but that's why Pink only gave a few... that overall scene is wonky as hell and a bitch to figure out some efficient code that you don't have to rewrite what's already there (and I didn't). I only added a few lines of code here and there, that's it.

There's more examples but I don't want to spoil 'em for y'all.

My goal is to ultimately wait on the more complex cheats for later (after I publish the mod update) so I'm attacking on finishing the core basics you folks expect... which will be everything except those more complex cheats. That'll let me push the update faster, let you play with it, and give me time to concentrate on coming up with clever cheats/conveniences.

With all that said (this post is getting long), we are expecting a freeze here overnight so I need to take 30mins to 1hr to prep this property's infrastructure (make sure my emps wrapped all piping, covered delicates, etc.)

I'm back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, nevermind, my #1 hand has it all under control... so back to work for me.

BTW, to add to the above post I'm going to take liberties with the mod's gallery scenes and extend them a bit. Pink has many of the newest ones starting right at the lewd... which is fine for some folks but there should be a certain amount of scene layup... like a determined, consistent cadence before the QB gets the hike, ain't it?

I'll only do these extensions for the new scenes for now, I'll redo the Ep9 scenes when I'm working the elaborate cheat code after I push out the first Ep10 update.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I love you.
Well, I haven't done them all.. it would take a bit (more than the three hours I already invested in extending the worst of the scene offenders) and I want to get the initial update done and out before I fine tune every last detail...otherwise it'd take longer than folks are patient enough for. But I took care of the ones that were wayyyy to the point. One scene in the VN's gallery with Josy started just a couple frames before the MC had his dick in her mouth! :ROFLMAO: Yeah, a certain amount of scene layup is prudent I reckon, and so it's done for the worst offenders.

Otherwise, not everyone will like the VN's story but there's no doubt there is a bunch of content in here. This is extremely laborious to work through and fine tune a mod properly but I'm getting closer every hour. I would have loved to had this VN's beta a month in advance... the things I could do while not being pressured and with proper time would be pretty sweet. But, here we are.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Well, I haven't done them all.. it would take a bit (more than the three hours I already invested in extending the worst of the scene offenders) and I want to get the initial update done and out before I fine tune every last detail...otherwise it'd take longer than folks are patient enough for. But I took care of the ones that were wayyyy to the point. One scene in the VN's gallery with Josy started just a couple frames before the MC had his dick in her mouth! :ROFLMAO: Yeah, a certain amount of scene layup is prudent I reckon, and so it's done for the worst offenders.

Otherwise, not everyone will like the VN's story but there's no doubt there is a bunch of content in here. This is extremely laborious to work through and fine tune a mod properly but I'm getting closer every hour. I would have loved to had this VN's beta a month in advance... the things I could do while not being pressured and with proper time would be pretty sweet. But, here we are.
No pressure from me. But I'm sure you'd like to get this out of the way and play the game. I'm fine with waiting for all the cheats and stuff, I like having god-like control over my games. Though I guess cheats run up all the way to just before the current chapter, huh.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes