Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Interesting, there's usually some bugs discovered kinda quickly and patches ensuing in the first week.

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
FWIW I've not found any major bugs (yet), only timebombs if a save every had Scrap's installed. I made an auto-checker in the MiniStat that gives a one-button press to fix them all in one go though out of courtesy. Either your save loaded wasn't pure or there's an issue I'm not aware of yet. I've noted the timebomb locations in this thread that can be found via search. One is at the doc's office and another is at the MC's room, can't remember the others off the top of my head though.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/episode9/update9.rpy", line 416, in script
    menu:
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 1849, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 1851, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 1854, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 1855, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 1856, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpy", line 1859, in execute
NameError: Name 'mod_gr' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    menu:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1062, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1298, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 991, in _textbutton
    text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Sun Dec 10 22:36:45 2023
Hate to bother but is there any reason I'm getting this error in the game? I added your mod cheat fix and tried running the game on both the regular and 32 applications and it's still the same, I dont get the option to make choices and then i get hit with these error codes.

Last edited:

gdpe359

Jun 20, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    menu:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    menu:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1062, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1298, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 991, in _textbutton
    text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Sun Dec 10 22:36:45 2023
Hate to bother but is there any reason I'm getting this error in episode 10 version of the game? I added your mod cheat fix and tried running the game on both the regular and 32 applications and it's still the same, I dont get the option to make choices and then i get hit with these error codes.
Because the mod itself is not updated to episode 10 yet?

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
Because the mod itself is not updated to episode 10 yet?
I tried using both 9 and 10 episodes(only because sancho give a quick fix for mod saves without the actual mod for 10), I know Sancho it working on the v10 update but i did my files all over from the very beginning and this is the error i get, i have both the sancho v9.1 mod and the mod fixer on the v9.1 download but I cant do my files starting with episode 9 without it crashing with this code. (I'm waiting to fully play episode 10 until the new mod comes out)

Joratox

Sep 1, 2018
I tried using both 9 and 10 episodes, I know Sancho it working on the v10 update but i did my files all over from the very beginning and this is the error i get, i have both the sancho v9.1 mod and the mod fixer on the v9.1 download but I cant do my files starting with episode 9 without it crashing with this code. (I'm waiting to play episode 10 until the new mod comes out)
If u have episode 9, just use the mod for ep 9. Don't use the mod fixer too, they conflict with each other.

gdpe359

Jun 20, 2018
I tried using both 9 and 10 episodes(only because sancho give a quick fix for mod saves without the actual mod for 10), I know Sancho it working on the v10 update but i did my files all over from the very beginning and this is the error i get, i have both the sancho v9.1 mod and the mod fixer on the v9.1 download but I cant do my files starting with episode 9 without it crashing with this code. (I'm waiting to fully play episode 10 until the new mod comes out)
I'm kinda confused, what version of the game you have? If you have version 0.10, then it doesn't matter if you are just playing episode 9, the game itself is 0.10.

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
If u have episode 9, just use the mod for ep 9. Don't use the mod fixer too, they conflict with each other.
All right just tried that, deleted the mod fixer and still the same thing, the first scene with MC and Rusty when your first choice comes up it auto picks one then i receive the same error issues

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
I'm kinda confused, what version of the game you have? If you have version 0.10, then it doesn't matter if you are just playing episode 9, the game itself is 0.10.
i have both 9.1 and 10 right now i'm trying to use 9.1 to finish my play through save from v8.3 because DPC made v9 like it was a whole new game so every time i use the import option to pull my save i just finished i get the error at the first player choice option when MC and Rusty are speaking

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
i have both 9.1 and 10 right now i'm trying to use 9.1 to finish my play through save from v8.3 because DPC made v9 like it was a whole new game so every time i use the import option to pull my save i just finished i get the error at the first player choice option when MC and Rusty are speaking
Ok if you updated to 10 the 9.1 version of the mod will not work. Wait for 10 from san. Or you can do what I did. I reinstalled 9.1 updated it to 10 without installing the mod "that part is important". Then import the save from 8.3 It works just fine. You will have to redo the party You can knock that out in like 10 min to get to 10 but that is a small price to pay. If it does not work that means you had other mods installed before like scrappy mod. This only works if you have a sancho modded 8.3 and a clean 10. Untill he updates then you can add the mod again. In your case it seems you had other mods installed aswell

gdpe359

Jun 20, 2018
I see. tbh, I didn't really encounter any problem in ep 9 even though I used a modded save, so I can't really help you, honestly the best bet is just use the mod fixer on version 10 and then play it unmodded while waiting for sancho's mod

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
Ok if you updated to 10 the 9.1 version of the mod will not work. Wait for 10 from san. Or you can do what I did. I reinstalled 9.1 updated it to 10 without installing the mod "that part is important". Then import the save from 8.3 It works just fine. You will have to redo the party You can knock that out in like 10 min to get to 10 but that is a small price to pay. If it does not work that means you had other mods installed before like scrappy mod. This only works if you have a sancho modded 8.3 and a clean 10. Untill he updates then you can add the mod again. In your case it seems you had other mods installed aswell
thats what its looking like, I got the v9.1 download from my buddys computer, he just file dropped it to me and without asking anything i just extracted and threw the sancho 9.1 mod into the file and replaced everything. I didnt think that would screw it up since I only used sanchos mod for the entire v8.3 import save

Edit: Just asked my bud he said he did use scrappy because it "was an easier cheat during the mansion mini" so does that screw over my entire v9.1 file? Should i try re-downloading a clean v9.1?

Last edited:

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
I see. tbh, I didn't really encounter any problem in ep 9 even though I used a modded save, so I can't really help you, honestly the best bet is just use the mod fixer on version 10 and then play it unmodded while waiting for sancho's mod
can you play episode 9 from a clean v.10? I did a full 11g v10 download from DPC's patreon because i was worried of the issues i started having in v9.1

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
can you play episode 9 from a clean v.10? I did a full 11g v10 download from DPC's patreon because i was worried of the issues i started having in v9.1
If you exported from 8.3 with sancho mod(only sancho's, not the other mod), it should work fine on a clean 10..
(this is what I'm doing atm)

Reactions: david2248

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
If you exported from 8.3 with sancho mod(only sancho's, not the other mod), it should work fine on a clean 10..
(this is what I'm doing atm)
That looks like my option because the 9.1 i got dropped to me was using scrappy so i think it's going to screw up my sancho 8.3 saves lol

gdpe359

Jun 20, 2018
That looks like my option because the 9.1 i got dropped to me was using scrappy so i think it's going to screw up my sancho 8.3 saves lol
Then you're in luck because scrappy updated his cheats already so you can use them if you want but seeing that DPC is cracking harder and harder down on mod it is best to keep a clean save as back up.

• Sad

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
Then you're in luck because scrappy updated his cheats already so you can use them if you want but seeing that DPC is cracking harder and harder down on mod it is best to keep a clean save as back up.
See thats slightly worrisome for me becuse I use sancho for every AVN i truthfully dont have any more clean saves especially since the renpy rework dpc did at the first release of v9

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
FWIW I've not found any major bugs (yet), only timebombs if a save every had Scrap's installed. I made an auto-checker in the MiniStat that gives a one-button press to fix them all in one go though out of courtesy. Either your save loaded wasn't pure or there's an issue I'm not aware of yet. I've noted the timebomb locations in this thread that can be found via search. One is at the doc's office and another is at the MC's room, can't remember the others off the top of my head though.
For what it's worth; I made fresh, brand new "pure" saves with a new download, extraction, and file location back in May in anticipation of the update not being playable with mods for a while before they were updated and I also had to use the scrappymod fix to bypass that doctor office bullshit.

I'm absolutely positive the saves in question used a fresh install with no mods added whatsoever.

That said, I did use scrappy's mod, and yours, in the past, but the last time I used scrappy's was for like episode 6 or 7, and those saves are long gone and were completely deleted. Is it possible there'd still be some carry-over somewhere in the persistent file or something? Or was that "new" download "tainted" somehow?

gdpe359

Jun 20, 2018
See thats slightly worrisome for me becuse I use sancho for every AVN i truthfully dont have any more clean saves especially since the renpy rework dpc did at the first release of v9
Nah, it's not really something you should worry about since there's always modders like scrappy and sancho that will provide fixes here. Just be patient.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes