Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
I'm not saying it's impossible but a dev would have to spend way more time than they likely could ever afford to even get close to isolating any vulnerability that I haven't already accounted for.
I'm starting to think, he spent just as much time setting traps against modders, as he did working on the game.

Reactions: rKnight

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: I feel the same way bud... there's so much here though. I'll make a detailed progress report (like I did with other mod threads) when I take my next break. Bottom line, it's all done except 2 of 5 FreeRoams (they are all outlined but 2 need detailed refinements), MiniStat choreography (I'm not sure on percentage but ~50% guessing), and detailed guide tweaking. There's a couple new mini-games that I will code cheats for after the initial mod update is pushed since they will eat way too many hours (possible days) to sort through like I want them. Bottom line: SanchoGallery 100% done, ChoiceGuide (including Rooster/Chat) 98% done (need to finish the main SanchoNotes), UI/cheat hooks 100% (until I sort the complex mini-games being PartyPlanning, the new Brawler, and Science class). That's the basics of where I'm at.

PhelanPKell

Mar 14, 2023
dr cunt is really proud of that silly ass zoey running animation cause there is no other explanation why she runs away like an idiot even on mc celibate playthrough lol, he basically railroaded her acting insecure af so we had to watch his "amazing" animation lol
Keeping in mind that I don't fucking like Zoey. I think she's a self-absorbed child who manipulated the MC, then abandoned him, and I've known girls like that in my life, so she cuts some vital spots for me.

That being said, I do understand why she runs away like a whiny coward. I mean, she's basically coming to the realization that she fucked up, threw away the best thing she had, and that she was/is truly in love with him as well. But even if you try to be as nice as you can to her, think on how he responds to her when she tries to talk about it at the BBQ.
It's karma bitch, and your blue-haired ass is gettin' it in spades. :)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
alsooo.. is there a way to increase the party budget? cant find the variable for it and I don't wanna miss beer pong.
the variable I think is called pp_money, I added some myself for both the party game and the mansion stuff with URM

Reactions: JakoDel

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
the variable I think is called pp_money, I added some myself for both the party game and the mansion stuff with URM
Don't forget you did/do that. That minigame is intentionally coded in a way as to never be able to outcome perfect during natural gameplay. My point being is that a future issue could blow up in your face. Be cautious, and I highly recommend never using any cheat until it's actually needed/desired for a specific outcome (if one was to cheat at all). Otherwise there's no point in the risk. And this PartyPlanner is complete 100% risk since no outcome(s) is/are known yet. That's just my take on it though, you do you... but remember it wasn't me if things go wrong, please.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
Don't forget you did/do that. That minigame is intentionally coded in a way as to never be able to outcome perfect during natural gameplay. My point being is that a future issue could blow up in your face. Be cautious, and I highly recommend never using any cheat until it's actually needed/desired for a specific outcome (if one was to cheat at all). Otherwise there's no point in the risk. And this PartyPlanner is complete 100% risk since no outcome(s) is/are known yet. That's just my take on it though, you do you... but remember it wasn't me if things go wrong, please.
thanks for the warning. I just chose new, pork and beer pong (adding two monopoly money), is it going to be fine or has DPC made a scene for each possible combination with no modularity?

not that it matters either way, since next free roam I get a mphones_chat is not defined and everything related to the phone chat goes crazy. it happened already with Zoey messages a few scenes before but I didnt bother since I could still go forward.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
thanks for the warning. I just chose new, pork and beer pong (adding two monopoly money), is it going to be fine or has DPC made a scene for each possible combination with no modularity?

not that it matters either way, since next free roam I get a mphones_chat is not defined and everything related to the phone chat goes crazy. it happened already with Zoey messages a few scenes before but I didnt bother since I could still go forward.
Dude... really? Don't EVER put a mod inside a VN that aren't matching versions...ever. That's all on you bud, you should know better, especially if you're forcing VN variables to different values on your own. SanchoMod v0.9.1 is NOT compatible with VN v0.10.0

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
Dude... really? Don't EVER put a mod inside a VN that aren't matching versions...ever. That's all on you bud, you should know better. SanchoMod v0.9.1 is NOT compatible with VN v0.10.0
if you allow me to call you bro, bro I braindeadlessly imported the save I haven't installed the mod or anything like that
ps. not to say that it's your fault or anything, since you're a pro at this I was hoping you could shed some light on this lol, sorry I should've pointed it out from the start

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
oops you replied faster than I could edit, but yeah
Well, that should be impossible. The VN (unmodded of course, the mod does not define the VN's variables) has that emoji list defined clearly:

In the VN's header file (this tells Python/RenPy that there is a new list to be created and named "mphones_emotes":
default mphones_emotes = []

Since you stated you use URM (or otherwise have access to the console), close the VN, reopen it and once it's open immediately go to the console and type exactly mphones_emotes, press Return/Enter and tell me what it says please.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
Well, that should be impossible. The VN (unmodded of course, the mod does not define the VN's variables) has that emoji list defined clearly:

In the VN's header file (this tells Python/RenPy that there is a new list to be created and named "mphones_emotes":

Since you stated you use URM (or otherwise have access to the console), close the VN, reopen it and once it's open immediately go to the console and type exactly mphones_emotes, press Return/Enter and tell me what it says please.
That was (@)Elduriel, not me : )
mphones_emotes is not defined either.
forgot to mention because I forgot about it too,the first sign of shit going south actually appeared with ep8_told_josy_chad not defined while in the library, and it also complained about ep9_prep_truce afterwards. I guess something has gone wrong while importing the save

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That was (@)Elduriel, not me : )
mphones_emotes is not defined either.
forgot to mention because I forgot about it too,the first abnormalities actually started with ep8_told_josy_chad not defined while in the library, and it also complained about ep9_prep_truce. I guess something has gone wrong while importing the save
No... the import can't fuck that up. Something is wrong with your base Season 3 VN. The base VN initialization code establishes that emoji list, it has nothing to do with whatever you import or don't import... so eliminate that thesis from the possible issue.

In another newly named directory(folder) make a fresh install of v0.10.0 that you DL'd from this website, go through the import process of your S2 save(s) as you did before, and retest by speedrunning to get to a phone chat. I could give you a fix in a file but that shouldn't be necessary and I'm concerned that if your base VN installation is fucked up then there might be other issues as well.

I know the above is a hassle but it's the best process of elimination for now imho.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
oops you replied faster than I could edit, but yeah

Yep Dude you are 100% correct. I now have played multiple playthroughs with 8.3 modded which I imported into a clean 10. Played right to the end of 10 on 5 of them not one issue. Something else is going on in his game.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
I do know... and it's not the end of the world bud... it you're being a DIK, then it's and expected possibility the Player chose it by the dev. I'd give you more info but that'd be a spoiler. But, it's not gamebreaking in Ep10 but it does change some story dialogue and minor stats (again, nothing that's overdramatic). It's subjective of course, just like being a CHICK or being a DIK is.

I'll try to slightly embellish these types of events in the mod's notifiers subtly (without giving outcomes away).
An example:
View attachment 3164556
Speaking of embellisments, the first few DIK/CHIK choices were very tame and seemed inconsecuential, maybe adding a warning that they have no long term effect and are good for just affecting your lifepath early on would be a good idea.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Speaking of embellisments, the first few DIK/CHIK choices were very tame and seemed inconsecuential, maybe adding a warning that they have no long term effect and are good for just affecting your lifepath early on would be a good idea.
Well, that's where I'm at a crossroads with almost every mod I produce to the public. I always notify the player if I think they should make a save point in case they change their mind later... but I've found in the past (I overdid it in once VN long ago) that if I hold the player's hand too much then it might as well be a kinetic novel... I take the fun/surprise out of it. I'm not saying you're point doesn't have merit... nothing you choose in the VN's choices is going to "break" anything... but the story outcomes/variances are meant to be explored and experienced without spoiler... like a movie or book of course.

So, what I'm getting at is that I try to be more restrained in my "guides" than just blowing it all out there in every choice. I really want to elevate the player's experience with the dev's vision and not hijack it into a plane crash. It's a fine line in the overall scheme of things... also, some of those "Major Choices" do and will have long-term affects of course, they limit what LI's are available among other things. Some are minor though. I really want the player to experience the ramifications as they were meant to be experienced.

I'm rambling but hopefully my objective in the "guide" creation makes some sense... to assist and help but not pull the lid off completely.

Mursanian

Feb 12, 2021
I did a replay of Bella recently without Minigames.

And I wondered what kind of grade the MC gets when there is no minigames actually played.

So, the question is, does that change depending on how well you do in the Mini-Games? And if it does, would it overall be possible to change the hidden value in the background, for when playing without Mini-Games? Not that it is anything more than flavortext.

So if Minigames do have hidden variables that change flavor, would it be possible to change them when playing withoutb Minigames to always get perfect or well a result of ones choosing, to trigger the flavor you only get when doing it with Minigames?

When speedrunning the story, playing with Minigames gets really tiresome... I mean, with your mod its totally fine cause you made cheats for most of them. But it still takes a bit of time still.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes