Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Mursanian

Feb 12, 2021
I did a replay of Bella recently without Minigames.

And I wondered what kind of grade the MC gets when there is no minigames actually played.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, the question is, does that change depending on how well you do in the Mini-Games? And if it does, would it overall be possible to change the hidden value in the background, for when playing without Mini-Games? Not that it is anything more than flavortext.

So if Minigames do have hidden variables that change flavor, would it be possible to change them when playing withoutb Minigames to always get perfect or well a result of ones choosing, to trigger the flavor you only get when doing it with Minigames?

When speedrunning the story, playing with Minigames gets really tiresome... I mean, with your mod its totally fine cause you made cheats for most of them. But it still takes a bit of time still.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
First post here, long-time lurker, but I just had to say that I don't mind waiting since SanchoMods are miles above the "competition". Keep up the good work!
May man... almost four years and never a previous post.
I'm honored.... or freaked out. Not sure which :ROFLMAO:

All BS aside thank you for the kind words and motivation bud, sincerely.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Probably because Scrappy tried to set up a harem route, DPC seems determined to block attempts to play harem.
So far I've been able to bypass any of his attempts using only URM. I'm dating Josy & Maya, Sage, Quinn and getting all available scenes with Nicole, Rio, Cammy and Lilly. All this in a single save. No issues so far.

Even scenes that are supposed to happen at the same time just trigger one after the other. Fill in the gaps and inconsistencies in your head cannon and you won't have to make the compromises DPC wants you to make.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So far I've been able to bypass any of his attempts using only URM. I'm dating Josy & Maya, Sage, Quinn and getting all available scenes with Nicole, Rio, Cammy and Lilly. All this in a single save. No issues so far.

Even scenes that are supposed to happen at the same time just trigger one after the other. Fill in the gaps and inconsistencies in your head cannon and you won't have to make the compromises DPC wants you to make.
Bud, I call BS... URM alone cannot make an automated harem (read this whole post before replying please). The only way possible is to rewrite all the conditional code in the VN since they are simply executed once... and since they are conditionals the first item that's True is the jump across the board, no exceptions to the Python rule here.

So, for example (I'm pulling a random one here) you will NOT jump to each of these locations simply because you made all the variables True via URM or manually:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now, before you say those are just story note that lewd setups work the same way... everything works in this VN off of conditionals (if statements).

It's just not possible. You cannot view every scene nor have a "harem" by simply changing all the branches/routes to True. You have to physically rewrite all the conditionals to be calls via a loop. This is possible but again it must be manually coded into the scripts for every single conditional that employs routes/paths.

Show me where I'm wrong...enlighten me with such powerful wisdom. I'd love to hear it (not sarcasm).

BUT...if you are physically pushing the URM labels to jump to them then that's a whole different story... that's just simply a poor man's method of physically typing "jump (label name)" into the console directly. If that's what you are doing then yeah, that's a jumbled up mess to deal with and keep yourself coherently organized during playthrough. That's hardly an automated process. Unless you wrote some kind of wicked macro to auto "push" the label jumps.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Close is relative... but let's just say I'm done with the "Others" to completion and polishing the main routes. So yeah, I'm closer to showing the infamous screenshot I normally do when there's bright light at the end of the tunnel.
Well... I tried to be brief in that post but know that the final bit in the update (for all paths) is where I'm actually at this moment... so I'm not technically fully done with "Others"... just to clarify as it's not my intent to mislead. There's still work to do though, and I hope all this polish is worth the wait.

If it's any consolation then consider that RtM took me a week to update (solely due to me being the bug fixer apprently) and this won't be that long. We're on Day4 of me updating... I hope it doesn't lead into 5 but I can't promise that just yet so bare with me.

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Have you figured out how to help with the party minigame, now that you have two chapters of season 3 to work with? I stopped playing the last chapter at that point and just decided to wait until it can be done without so much effort and receiving optimal outcomes.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well... I tried to be brief in that post but know that the final bit in the update (for all paths) is where I'm actually at this moment... so I'm not technically fully done with "Others"... just to clarify as it's not my intent to mislead. There's still work to do though, and I hope all this polish is worth the wait.

If it's any consolation then consider that RtM took me a week to update (solely due to me being the bug fixer apprently) and this won't be that long. We're on Day4 of me updating... I hope it doesn't lead into 5 but I can't promise that just yet so bare with me.
tbh RtM was a fucking mess in some places :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
tbh RtM was a fucking mess in some places :ROFLMAO:
Fucking understatement, right? 30Days was worse though.

There's 2 VN's that won't have many issues that are pending. One I've completed but it's only been released to the dev's Patreons (not leaked public yet) and the other I got the beta link for today. Both are a joy to code on like this VN. The difference with BaDIK is just the sheer amount of code to go through. 500 script files is no small feat... most VN's have less than half a dozen at best. I know folks give Pink shit but from my perspective at least he pumps out code... and that gives me a playground to go bonkers in... much like LeapOfFaith and ChasingSunsets.

Some will keenly note that almost all of SanchoMod's hardcore features all stemmed from me having time to go ape shit with the code in BaDIK, LoF, and CS.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Fucking understatement, right? 30Days was worse though.

There's 2 VN's that won't have many issues that are pending. One I've completed but it's only been released to the dev's Patreons (not leaked public yet) and the other I got the beta link for today. Both are a joy to code on like this VN. The difference with BaDIK is just the sheer amount of code to go through. 500 script files is no small feat... most VN's have less than half a dozen at best. I know folks give Pink shit but from my perspective at least he pumps out code... and that gives me a playground to go bonkers in... much like LeapOfFaith and ChasingSunsets.

Some will keenly note that almost all of SanchoMod's hardcore features all stemmed from me having time to go ape shit with the code in BaDIK, LoF, and CS.
meh, just strictly from a player perspective, BaDIK is the probably one of the most complex game there is, I don't envy the dev or any modders trying to make sense of it. LoF and Sunsets have some flavor to them no doubt, but doesn't come close to this.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn, I just realized I had forgot all about the damn Vault code and potential PackQuest.
I'm sorting them now... pay attention to the MiniStat on FreeRoams if only on the last FR and I'll guide ya.
1702331104229.png

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Show me where I'm wrong...enlighten me with such powerful wisdom. I'd love to hear it (not sarcasm).
I think you misunderstood Sancho. It's not a "true harem". That's why I mentioned the overlapping scenes and the "head cannon". I can just play every path and see every scene I care to see and make up a way for them to make sense or happen simultaneously in my head in a way i can still enjoy the story.

Simply put URM notifies you whenever there is a split path or a new scene can be triggered. I simply change variables in order to trigger every single one, rollback and then move forward with the one I liked better. Knowing that further along I can just adjust the variables again to see what I want to see. And like I said so far I've been able to trigger literally everything I want with a single save even though none of the paths are compatible. I have not yet noticed any roadblock set up by DPC that prevents me from seeing anything or follow a given route.

I can't enlighten you. All I have is basic knowledge of Python and all the coding I do is in SQL with basic queries to fetch the data I need for my job. All the messing around I do in these AVN's are through editing tools like URM. But hey, it's been working great so far :p

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think you misunderstood Sancho. It's not a "true harem". That's why I mentioned the overlapping scenes and the "head cannon". I can just play every path and see every scene I care to see and make up a way for them to make sense or happen simultaneously in my head in a way i can still enjoy the story.

Simply put URM notifies you whenever there is a split path or a new scene can be triggered. I simply change variables in order to trigger every single one, rollback and then move forward with the one I liked better. Knowing that further along I can just adjust the variables again to see what I want to see. And like I said so far I've been able to trigger literally everything I want with a single save even though none of the paths are compatible. I have not yet noticed any roadblock set up by DPC that prevents me from seeing anything or follow a given route.

I can't enlighten you. All I have is basic knowledge of Python and all the coding I do is in SQL with basic queries to fetch the data I need for my job. All the messing around I do in these AVN's are through editing tools like URM. But hey, it's been working great so far :p
Ahh.. I get it, you're manually inputting like I thought in URM (my "But" clause), understood. The way your post read to me is that you just had it rockin' without all the manual alterations. So, yeah, we're on the same page bud. If anything my post will help others who don't understand why a "harem" mod isn't available for the common Player. I get requests for such things all the time and since most folks don't understand (nor want to, I get it) code it gets difficult to explain why some things are just not that simple. I for one have zero interest in completely rewriting a VN's code... it's just not my thing. Now hijacking and hooking into code is a different story, that's my bread and butter :LOL:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

so basically a gallery mod pretty much :ROFLMAO: I Mean I use URM for quite a lot of games but it doesn't come close to the functionality of Sancho's

Reactions: RNasc4444

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
so basically a gallery mod pretty much :ROFLMAO: I Mean I use URM for quite a lot of games but it doesn't come close to the functionality of Sancho's
Pretty much :LOL:

But since Acting Lessons I can no longer stomach playing anything blind. DPC traumatized me like that haha.

Agreed! Sadly, Sancho doesn't mod every single game I play. So I make do with what I can.

Reactions: Chuck6o

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
I don't care for the drama, just get the sancho gallery :p I switched PC and I haven't had the gall to play this game from scratch and I am way too proud to take someone else's save lool. Gallery is something I shamelessly go to xD, gets me the scenes I want to watch :p

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes