Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning,

Got a 4.5hr rest and back to it with a full pot of coffee.

I appreciate the patience as I still feel strongly that if I had just shoveled a mediocre mod update in less than 48hrs it would not truly meet expectations of the normally fully-polished SanchoMod legacy. I hope you will see and appreciate my efforts when I get this update deployed... today is the obvious goal.

There's so many little things I sorted like Pink making the difficulty setting for the new Brawler app permanent. It no longer is since you can now change that difficulty at any time you want in SanchoCheats.
1702386809675.png
I've fully automated cheats for all minigames except: PartyPlanner, Science class, and the new Brawler. These require more time investment (which I'll do) but I don't want the mod update delayed due to the amount of time I likely need to sort them properly.

As with last night when I crashed I'm semi-speedrunning the main LI paths to finish their respective polish and details. I did most of the typical update cycle code cleanup last night before I retired so that's ~1-2hr savings for today.

Anyway, enough of me yammering. I don't want to highlight too much so as not to spoil anything so I'll leave this progress update as is and get back to it.

Thanks again for your moral support and your patience. I'm certain once I push this update live and make a post in the VN's thread it'll get buried within 30mins and the only folks that will ever really know it's a thing are you folks. So, I'm basically making a badass custom mod for "friends"... and I'm okay with that. Regards.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Good morning,

Got a 4.5hr rest and back to it with a full pot of coffee.

I appreciate the patience as I still feel strongly that if I had just shoveled a mediocre mod update in less than 48hrs it would not truly meet expectations of the normally fully-polished SanchoMod legacy. I hope you will see and appreciate my efforts when I get this update deployed... today is the obvious goal.

There's so many little things I sorted like Pink making the difficulty setting for the new Brawler app permanent. It no longer is since you can now change that difficulty at any time you want in SanchoCheats.
View attachment 3167091
I've fully automated cheats for all minigames except: PartyPlanner, Science class, and the new Brawler. These require more time investment (which I'll do) but I don't want the mod update delayed due to the amount of time I likely need to sort them properly.

As with last night when I crashed I'm semi-speedrunning the main LI paths to finish their respective polish and details. I did most of the typical update cycle code cleanup last night before I retired so that's ~1-2hr savings for today.

Anyway, enough of me yammering. I don't want to highlight too much so as not to spoil anything so I'll leave this progress update as is and get back to it.

Thanks again for your moral support and your patience. I'm certain once I push this update live and make a post in the VN's thread it'll get buried within 30mins and the only folks that will ever really know it's a thing are you folks. So, I'm basically making a badass custom mod for "friends"... and I'm okay with that. Regards.
The mod seems to be almost finished, man. When you said that DPC took 365 days to finish Ep.10 I thought it would take you at least 1 month.

Reactions: kevinzz

WhateverWorx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm certain once I push this update live and make a post in the VN's thread it'll get buried within 30mins and the only folks that will ever really know it's a thing are you folks. So, I'm basically making a badass custom mod for "friends"... and I'm okay with that. Regards.
I was curious as to why yours wasn't listed under the main VN pages "extras" with the other multimod :p nothing against other modders of course, it's all super appreciated, but I def choose you sancho-chu when there's an option lol I full cleaned all my BaDIK playthroughs from appdata and reinstalled and replayed S1/S2 to settle in for Ep10, but initially went with the one they had listed and realized quickly it wasn't what I remembered the mod looking like which had me re-scrub and search out your page again :p

Also, of course, obligatory thanks and keep up the crazy good work! your mods are the best :p

Reactions: ziggy81

Deamon1000

Mar 13, 2020
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and I can't imagine it being anywhere else but here. Sancho1969 , in my opinion, you are a MASTER. Your attention to detail and meticulousness in your work are unmatched. Thank you for consistently raising the bar. The fact that you correct the mistakes of other modders is something wonderful. You don't impose on anyone how they should play or which path to follow in a visual novel, and I encountered that while playing "Where the Heart Is," if I remember correctly. Once again, thank you very much for your hard work.

I apologize for any potential language errors; unfortunately, I've always had difficulty with writing and speaking in English :(.

Edit:
And I forgot to mention that I will patiently wait for the "full" release of your mod. Because "Party Planner" is something that overwhelmed me, although I haven't delved into it too much, I prefer to wait patiently for your invaluable assistance.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Actually reading that.... sounds way different than I had in my mind :ROFLMAO:...
... I think from now on I'll reference it as smoking a brisket rather than baking a cake. The whole in/out of the oven and "icing" puts me in a potential cringe spot for misinterpretation. Besides, my briskets are badass and I don't bake anything except lasagna :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Okay, this is exactly where I'm at:
  • Mod Core updating: Done
  • ChoiceGuide (including all phone apps): Done
  • SanchoGallery: Done
  • SanchoCheats: Done (except the few complex minigames for later processing)
  • Stat screens: Done
  • UI tweaking: Done
  • MiniStat choreography and final route detailing:
    • Others/Alone: Done
    • Bella: Done
    • Jill: Done
    • J/M: ~50%
    • Sage: ~25%
  • Code cleanup and build prep: ~95%
  • Final build and integrity checks: 0%
That's the summary. I'm back to it.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
... I think from now on I'll reference it as smoking a brisket rather than baking a cake. The whole in/out of the oven and "icing" puts me in a potential cringe spot for misinterpretation. Besides, my briskets are badass and I don't bake anything except lasagna :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Did you flunk home ed?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes