Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
For what it's worth; I made fresh, brand new "pure" saves with a new download, extraction, and file location back in May in anticipation of the update not being playable with mods for a while before they were updated and I also had to use the scrappymod fix to bypass that doctor office bullshit.

I'm absolutely positive the saves in question used a fresh install with no mods added whatsoever.

That said, I did use scrappy's mod, and yours, in the past, but the last time I used scrappy's was for like episode 6 or 7, and those saves are long gone and were completely deleted. Is it possible there'd still be some carry-over somewhere in the persistent file or something? Or was that "new" download "tainted" somehow?
Now when you say "fresh", did you go into the appdata folder and delete the "hidden saves" that all Ren'Py games make?

Also, some games will even have another file in a folder called "persistent", example here:

example.png

If you did wipe those, then not sure, if you didn't wipe all those, that could be why.

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
Nah, it's not really something you should worry about since there's always modders like scrappy and sancho that will provide fixes here. Just be patient.
Yeah honestly how hard sancho works and the product being put out is a god send, I normally wait until his mod is out but i figured while waiting this time i could do a start to current save to have everything fresh in my mind for episode 10 then had a mini heart attack when I tried episode 9 and it started acting up lol

Reactions: gdpe359

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Now when you say "fresh", did you go into the appdata folder and delete the "hidden saves" that all Ren'Py games make?

Also, some games will even have another file in a folder called "persistent", example here:

View attachment 3163728

If you did wipe those, then not sure, if you didn't wipe all those, that could be why.
I did, however I didn't delete the persistent "BaDIK Season 2 transfer" file which must be the culprit. Which I guess means if you've ever even transferred a modded save at some point it flags everything going forwards as having been modded even if you do what I did. This shit is ridiculous.

Reactions: david2248

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Reading all these posts makes me wonder. Is it okay to use a different mod (from different creators) for each episode? I thought it wasn't even possible to play the game without a mod after having played it with a mod at some point. Does the mod kind of not change the save game? This is all very confusing to me...

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Reading all these posts makes me wonder. Is it okay to use a different mod (from different creators) for each episode? I thought it wasn't even possible to play the game without a mod after having played it with a mod at some point. Does the mod kind of not change the save game? This is all very confusing to me...
Don't mix mods. Most of the problems people have here is because of that. You cannot use 2 different mods. However. The transfer file which you import seem a bit different. So for instance you cannot use say sanchos mod in 9 then run a clean 10 and try and load a save it will fail. But if you import from a sanco modded 8.3 to a clean 9 it works fine.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chuck6o and DMNOV3R
Jun 21, 2020
Don't mix mods. Most of the problems people have here is because of that. You cannot use 2 different mods. However. The transfer file which you import seem a bit different. So for instance you cannot use say sanchos mod in 9 then run a clean 10 and try and load a save it will fail. But if you import from a sanco modded 8.3 to a clean 9 it works fine.
You can actually use a sancho save on a clean copy as long as you use the save fixer on the front page. I'm using it right now while waiting for sancho's episode 10 patch.

Last edited:

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
You can actually use a sancho save on a clean copy as long as you use the save fixer on the front page. I'm using it right now while waiting for sancho's episode 10 patch.
Yes if you fix it with the save fixer. But I personally really don't mind doing the party over. It takes me 10 min max. And I don't have fiddle with save fixes. Just import the 8.3 modded into a clean 10 and bob's your uncle. Maby later when we are at like chapter 15 or so it will become too much work. Then I would bother with a save fixer. If he didn't use the save fixer tho it would just not load. But most the problems are of people crashing at the start.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is it possible there'd still be some carry-over somewhere in the persistent file or something? Or was that "new" download "tainted" somehow?
Good morning (0630hrs here and freakin' cold!),

VN DL's aren't corrupt, but the timebombs look specifically for two variables that Scrap uses in his mods. If the dev's code finds those variables ever existed in your savefile data then it pops. You can only be timebombed (to date) from a save system that had Scrap's installed and used at some point in the past.

I'm not doubting you or debating... I'm just trying to explain how it works in layman's terms.

Drag and drop the file in the attached zip inside your "/game" directory or wait for the mod's pending update...either will get you sorted. It's safe to use with my SaveFixer or mod (never use the SaveFixer and SanchoMod together) as well (it's completely non-destructive, if you feel you later don't want this fix then simpily delete the file). This is the same file I provided in the VN's thread on the day of the leak... so modded and unmodded folks have already confirmed it works flawless.

Last edited:

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can i use this mod to just change the part when i cheated on the test without corrupting my save? or should i just go back to season 1-2?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
can i use this mod to just change the part when i cheated on the test without corrupting my save
What do you mean by "change"? If you used SanchoMod's test cheats (Auto A+) then nothing will ever be corrupted, I assure you. If you want to change that then you must load a save prior to that particular test then simply retake the test on your own inputs. If you ace all the answers on the test then the outcome of your playthrough is exactly the same as if you used my cheat code...they are identical. So, you do you, but don't fret it unless you just want to play the tests again. Either don't push the "Auto A+" button or turn Off the particular test cheat in SanchoCheats so you don't see the "Auto A+" button at all... same thing, different look. Make sense?

Joratox

Sep 1, 2018
What do you mean by "change"
I think he's referring to the cheating on the midterms thing ( the one with papers in the toilet from S2). I don't know if u can use the sancho cheats to change that specific variable, maybe use the console ? but sometimes that works against you with DPC :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think he's referring to the cheating on the midterms thing ( the one with papers in the toilet from S2). I don't know if u can use the sancho cheats to change that specific variable, maybe use the console ? but sometimes that works against you with DPC :D
Ahhh.... that could make sense. Well, I don't have a specific cheat for it but I could add a "CriticalChoice" type screen when that issue pops in Ep10. That way the player could alter the outcome... the problem though is it's a "Major Choice" and was used to determine DIK Score, DIK Type, and DIK Status on all calculations from that original point forward when it was first chosen (like all Major Choices). So, there's no logical way for me to revert all those VN calculations tbh. The Player would have to live with their current DIK stats (unless they manually change them in SanchoCheats). That said one can see how convoluted things can become... but it would still be "safe" to do... it just would be far from a "pure" playthrough (obviously).

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
dr cunt is really proud of that silly ass zoey running animation cause there is no other explanation why she runs away like an idiot even on mc celibate playthrough lol, he basically railroaded her acting insecure af so we had to watch his "amazing" animation lol

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Ahhh.... that could make sense. Well, I don't have a specific cheat for it but I could add a "CriticalChoice" type screen when that issue pops in Ep10. That way the player could alter the outcome... the problem though is it's a "Major Choice" and was used to determine DIK Score, DIK Type, and DIK Status on all calculations from that original point forward when it was first chosen (like all Major Choices). So, there's no logical way for me to revert all those VN calculations tbh. The Player would have to live with their current DIK stats (unless they manually change them in SanchoCheats). That said one can see how convoluted things can become... but it would still be "safe" to do... it just would be far from a "pure" playthrough (obviously).
damn, i might have to start a new playthrough to get rid of that, anyone know how bad is it?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
damn, i might have to start a new playthrough to get rid of that, anyone know how bad is it?
I do know... and it's not the end of the world bud... it you're being a DIK, then it's and expected possibility the Player chose it by the dev. I'd give you more info but that'd be a spoiler. But, it's not gamebreaking in Ep10 but it does change some story dialogue and minor stats (again, nothing that's overdramatic). It's subjective of course, just like being a CHICK or being a DIK is.

I'll try to slightly embellish these types of events in the mod's notifiers subtly (without giving outcomes away).
An example:
1702304331872.png

SD22112211

Mar 26, 2022
I glanced over the last 10ish pages but didn't see the answer. (However I could have missed it.) But what is it about scappy's mod that Cake doesn't like? I've only ever used Sancho's when I can for a game, so my experience with scappy is nil I believe, but setting up traps for his mod seems more than just protecting Cake's game.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
hopefully he won't come after Sancho's but I guess it would take 5 seconds to remove whatever check he (DPC) would code in. He thinks he's Denuvo lol.

alsooo.. is there a way to increase the party budget? cant find the variable for it and I don't wanna miss beer pong.

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I glanced over the last 10ish pages but didn't see the answer. (However I could have missed it.) But what is it about scappy's mod that Cake doesn't like? I've only ever used Sancho's when I can for a game, so my experience with scappy is nil I believe, but setting up traps for his mod seems more than just protecting Cake's game.
Probably because Scrappy tried to set up a harem route, DPC seems determined to block attempts to play harem.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've said it before... it's going to be a real bitch to figure out a way to timebomb SanchoMod. I hook the mod's Core internally into the VN and have no persistent variables introduced. I'm not saying it's impossible but a dev would have to spend way more time than they likely could ever afford to even get close to isolating any vulnerability that I haven't already accounted for.

I'm not bragging, just saying I prepared the Core against many things (including wrong installation) which makes it hard to timebomb by default... I didn't go out of my to make it bombproof, it's like kinda that by default.

That said, Scrap's (and most other mods) are very easy to timebomb. They all introduce simple variables to toggle their menus (usually always in the QuickMenu code) so they are very easy for a novice coder to find and manipulate. The reason most all mods are like this is that other "rookie" coders (who I shall not name here) basically stolen/ripped-off that the same QuickMenu code from other modders who stole it of others. So they almost all use the same exact thing (maybe just the variable named different but otherwise the process is identical). Make sense?

That said, I could easily timebomb my own mod. It's easier than it looks but I obviously won't divulge that info. :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty damn sure after I made fun of and made a cheat for that "Pancake" event at Bella's last season that Pink likely wanted to target me too. Hell, I even made a Bella's fence painting cheat... I went nuts on his mini-games last season.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes