Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No pressure from me. But I'm sure you'd like to get this out of the way and play the game. I'm fine with waiting for all the cheats and stuff, I like having god-like control over my games. Though I guess cheats run up all the way to just before the current chapter, huh.
Cheats... let's just say this dev goes out of his way to make some things way overly complicated. But it's content so I won't bitch as I appreciate the challenge. It's a challenge on some of them that merits me allowing more time so yeah, there won't be a cheat for every single mini-game styled content yet. That doesn't mean I won't be packing a punch with this update though... I haven't been kicking back the last three days... I might need a new keyboard soon, it's getting a serious workout.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Well, I haven't done them all.. it would take a bit (more than the three hours I already invested in extending the worst of the scene offenders) and I want to get the initial update done and out before I fine tune every last detail...otherwise it'd take longer than folks are patient enough for. But I took care of the ones that were wayyyy to the point. One scene in the VN's gallery with Josy started just a couple frames before the MC had his dick in her mouth! :ROFLMAO: Yeah, a certain amount of scene layup is prudent I reckon, and so it's done for the worst offenders.

Otherwise, not everyone will like the VN's story but there's no doubt there is a bunch of content in here. This is extremely laborious to work through and fine tune a mod properly but I'm getting closer every hour. I would have loved to had this VN's beta a month in advance... the things I could do while not being pressured and with proper time would be pretty sweet. But, here we are.
Have you ever thought about making two versions? One version would just be a simple walkthrough showing the best choices and/or the amount of DIKstatus that the player gains or loses with a given choice while the other version would be the complete version of your mod containing everything you wanted. Maybe it would be a good way to take some pressure off your shoulders whenever a new episode comes out.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Well, I haven't done them all.. it would take a bit (more than the three hours I already invested in extending the worst of the scene offenders) and I want to get the initial update done and out before I fine tune every last detail...otherwise it'd take longer than folks are patient enough for. But I took care of the ones that were wayyyy to the point.
I really appreciate everything you do to polish and primp so many of these great stories. Some of the setups are so wonderful in past content like the leadup where Lily is picking glass out of Tremelo's hair or Sage laying on Tremelo's bed with all of her "marital aids" all knolled out on display lol. It really makes the scenes look like they were cared for rather than voted on if you get my drift. That you're able to find time to set some tone in any of them is icing on the cake. It's nice to see your attention to detail shine so brightly when there's less to repair and more to innovate with. The fact that you get so much done so quickly is a testament to your thorough preparation.

We the patient thank you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Have you ever thought about making two versions? One version would just be a simple walkthrough showing the best choices and/or the amount of DIKstatus that the player gains or loses with a given choice while the other version would be the complete version of your mod containing everything you wanted. Maybe it would be a good way to take some pressure off your shoulders whenever a new episode comes out.
I can't bud. I expect the best from myself and many now expect the same from the Sancho brand at this point. I just can't half-bake a mod... that's exactly why I'm doing all this.. because too many others are pushing out untested and bugged garbage that's not really helping folks. I want the Player (meaning me first and foremost) to have the best experience with the content of a VN as possible. That means I must go all the way or not at all.

That's okay though. It just feels heavy with a few of these VN's that are massive in content. Let's just admit it, many VN's are rather shallow in their presentation and quantity of content assets so they are much faster to code on since there's only so much one can do with the provided dev content... or I'm just spending all my time fixing their bugs.

In a VN like this it becomes my sandbox... my playground to test my own new ideas instead of being a bug fixer. But, being creative and paying attention to the little details takes time. There's just no way around it.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I can't bud. I expect the best from myself and many now expect the same from the Sancho brand at this point. I just can't half-bake a mod... that's exactly why I'm doing all this.. because too many others are pushing out untested and bugged garbage that's not really helping folks. I want the Player (meaning me first and foremost) to have the best experience with the content of a VN as possible. That means I must go all the way or not at all.

That's okay though. It just feels heavy with a few of these VN's that are massive in content. Let's just admit it, many VN's are rather shallow in their presentation and quantity of content assets so they are much faster to code on since there's only so much one can do with the provided dev content... or I'm just spending all my time fixing their bugs.

In a VN like this it becomes my sandbox... my playground to test my own new ideas instead of being a bug fixer. But, being creative and paying attention to the little details takes time. There's just no way around it.
Hey, don't mind my shitty idea. I don't know shit what I'm talking about, trust me. I understand what you mean and I think it's cool that you care about the player's experience playing the game using your mod. Most mod creators don't give a shit if they end up screwing up someone's save game or gameplay.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I keep making the mistake of looking in the vn thread and getting spoiled lol I need to just buck up and go back and play my newly sancho modded season 1 and 2 maybe even replace the imported saves I have and start from scratch

Reactions: Justin9427

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I extended her scene's beginning as well... she needed just a bit more layup before stripping down imho, so it's already done.
Well, I'm extending Cathy's scene as well... it's way too abrupt in the original gallery. I think Pink might have been rushed coding his gallery since many of the scenes are just BAM... in your face lewd from the very start. I know it sounds odd if you haven't seen them yet... but trust me, my time doing this for SanchoMod is for the better now and in the future.

I keep making the mistake of looking in the vn thread and getting spoiled lol I need to just buck up and go back and play my newly sancho modded season 1 and 2 maybe even replace the imported saves I have and start from scratch
I've stopped looking at the VN's thread, only replying to pings if they have merit... I won't spoil anything in here for you bud, all information is either mod progress/issue based or I only give you very general info regarding story (and selective on which images I share).

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Well, I'm extending Cathy's scene as well... it's way too abrupt in the original gallery. I think Pink might have been rushed coding his gallery since many of the scenes are just BAM... in your face lewd from the very start. I know it sounds odd if you haven't seen them yet... but trust me, my time doing this for SanchoMod is for the better now and in the future.

I've stopped looking at the VN's thread, only replying to pings if they have merit... I won't spoil anything in here for you bud, all information is either mod progress/issue based or I only give you very general info regarding story (and selective on which images I share).
You just gave away the spoiler that Cathy returns in Ep.10, friend. It's okay, I already imagined... KEKW

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ntohugo

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018

oh no worries from me I would have just figured that most would spoiler stuff but they aren't lol, they are just throwing stuff out left and right.

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
Sancho1969 Thought I'd bring this to your attention in case it comes up while building the latest version.

Like many who didn't want to play through the Halloween party 5 times, I used your mod (and later Scrappy's to test) to change the variables to match the different paths. However, I ran into a snag.

I attempted to switch from the Jill path that I played through Halloween on to the Maya/Josy (with plenty of side sex before the choice) path which resulted in a bit of a bug. I'm still on the path, but during the aftermath of the Halloween party, I got the scene for the threesome still being in effect, and a second scene where Josy is upset that I broke up with them in favor of Jill.

Apparently a couple contradictory variables are in effect, and neither mod seemed to have a way to switch it to the right one.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Thought I'd bring this to your attention in case it comes up while building the latest version.

Like many who didn't want to play through the Halloween party 5 times, I used your mod (and later Scrappy's to test) to change the variables to match the different paths. However, I ran into a snag.

I attempted to switch from the Jill path that I played through Halloween on to the Maya/Josy (with plenty of side sex before the choice) path which resulted in a bit of a bug. I'm still on the path, but during the aftermath of the Halloween party, I got the scene for the threesome still being in effect, and a second scene where Josy is upset that I broke up with them in favor of Jill.

Apparently a couple contradictory variables are in effect, and neither mod seemed to have a way to switch it to the right one.
I don't know what to tell you bud. You mixed mods through various saves apparently. I do know that the path switching in SanchoMod is solid... I use it in testing all the time... I don't change just one "route" variable in the routing cheat, I change all important past variables as well including those that would conflict (those that are not possible via normal playthrough).

My suggestion would be to load a save at some time prior to the discrepancy. If you did that in say Ep9 then load a save from Ep8, etc. Whatever you do, please, don't mix mods and don't go changing variables willy-nilly. I'm not wagging my finger at you but only stressing the point as to what can (and likely will) ultimately happen... fucked up saves that you've invested personal time in.

Obviously the safest thing is to simply make save points especially where the mod alerts you to so that no pathing cheat is ever applied. Otherwise I have yet to see any save made with SanchoMod alone that has borked anything... and I have so many pages of saves that it should be outlawed. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kaintfm

PhelanPKell

Mar 14, 2023
I do appreciate a proper cougar though to see on one screen while I code on another:
View attachment 3163097
Between Bella, Jade, Nicole, and Nora... damn the MILFs and Cougars are something else in this romp.
Nora isn't a "cougar", she's a "cowgar". That rack is made for milking. oO

In any event, I've played my "natural" PT with zero mods (though DPC broke something and I still had to use Scrappy's temp fix to actually play the game).
Now just waiting on your mod to play my other PTs.
Sadly, I'm very, very, very disappointed in DPC at this point because of his anti-mod shenanigans.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In any event, I've played my "natural" PT with zero mods (though DPC broke something and I still had to use Scrappy's temp fix to actually play the game).
FWIW I've not found any major bugs (yet), only timebombs if a save every had Scrap's installed. I made an auto-checker in the MiniStat that gives a one-button press to fix them all in one go though out of courtesy. Either your save loaded wasn't pure or there's an issue I'm not aware of yet. I've noted the timebomb locations in this thread that can be found via search. One is at the doc's office and another is at the MC's room, can't remember the others off the top of my head though.

Reactions: PhelanPKell
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes