Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020
Yes, there's another damn party planner... but making a proper cheat is still a problem since the most efficient routes are yet to be calculated.

There's folks posting wonky console commands and such in the VN's OP but those folks are likely fucking up bigtime... their save files might be fucked going forward. I will only release a cheat in the mod if I'm certain it's bulletproof. I don't want my own saves messed up and I would be devastated if any of my public mods borked literally tens of thousands of player's files. I take it quite seriously...others don't so much... they fuck up people's save files all the damn time.

I'll sort it all out eventually... the PartyPlanner will likely come later though. Just like the Mansion mini-game cheat I have in Season 2... it took a while to get that perfected enough to issue it public. Now it's one of the best cheats in any VN on the planet. I'm quite proud of that beast of a project tbh.
1702168586395.gif

Reactions: Chace005

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I am just beyond impressed by your work drive and effort and attention to detail and quality. I am both glad and afraid that you set such high standard I will probably never attempt to use any other mod in any other game ever! And I'm originally here just for the +DIK -DIK variables in choices, tho extra features are growing on me!
If I was ever going to gloat it would be on my free roam guides... in all my mods that a VN has them. They work so dynamically that there's no other mod on the planet that comes close, they just haven't figured out the secret sauce to it.

Prime examples are this VN (all seasons) and UniOfProbs... both have very complex free roams where a standard walkthrough is maybe fine but nothing like having the information change in real-time all dependent on your previous choices and your current location on the "map".

That's me tooting my own horn so I'll stop... not my style.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
If I was ever going to gloat it would be on my free roam guides... in all my mods that a VN has them. They work so dynamically that there's no other mod on the planet that comes close, they just haven't figured out the secret sauce to it.

Prime examples are this VN (all seasons) and UniOfProbs... both have very complex free roams where a standard walkthrough is maybe fine but nothing like having the information change in real-time all dependent on your previous choices and your current location on the "map".

That's me tooting my own horn so I'll stop... not my style.
Must say I agree. Like with University of Problems, you help me catch those social media and message tidbits I'd probably miss.

I barely tolerate the point and click stuff in a VN, they pretty much just slow down the pace of the story. Environmental immersion is great for, Skyrim or Cyberpunk. I don't need it in a VN. So a guide that helps me "speed" through this process is kinda essential for my enjoyment at this point. Mods like yours have spoiled me.

cheers 3.gif

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Must say I agree. Like with University of Problems, you help me catch those social media and message tidbits I'd probably miss.

I barely tolerate the point and click stuff in a VN, they pretty much just slow down the pace of the story. Environmental immersion is great for, Skyrim or Cyberpunk. I don't need it in a VN. So a guide that helps me "speed" through this process is kinda essential for my enjoyment at this point. Mods like yours have spoiled me.

View attachment 3159805
Thank you for the kind words... and cheers to you as well. (I need a refill now)...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I barely tolerate the point and click stuff in a VN, they pretty much just slow down the pace of the story. Environmental immersion is great for, Skyrim or Cyberpunk.
BTW, just wait till you see the new "Brawler"... I'm not sure what to think yet tbh... this ain't MortalKombat :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Mihawk_80

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
BTW, just wait till you see the new "Brawler"... I'm not sure what to think yet tbh... this ain't MortalKombat :ROFLMAO:
Another mini-game? I take it this is something you have to go through even with mini-games turned off?

I'm not sure why these devs complicate their lives with this stuff. I just want a good story and interesting choices, lol.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another mini-game? I take it this is something you have to go through even with mini-games turned off?

I'm not sure why these devs complicate their lives with this stuff. I just want a good story and interesting choices, lol.
These are all the minigames...not including all the phone obligations (Rooster, etc.):
1702170909685.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho not to be that guy but are we thinking hours or days for the publish?
No way for me to know yet. More than the two days so far and less than the year it took the dev to write it. Honestly, there's just no way to calculate that yet since I'm not done coding the basics of the mod into the core.

I've finished the ChoiceGuide (including phone messages, Rooster, etc) and the base FreeRoam guides. I'm still working on MiniStat choreography, minigame coding, SanchoGallery population, and other UI tweaks/features. That's too much on the plate to know

The cake is still baking. But know that every major VN release takes more than two days bud, it takes one full day just to port over mod code and start analyzing the VN for it's changes and issues (bugs). There's literally over 500 script files and almost 200 choice menus alone to process... that's no short list by any VN standard.

So yeah, no need to be that guy... not yet. I'm not behind schedule tbh, I'm actually ahead by BaDIK update standards.

May 15, 2018
Sancho my man, in your mod can we deactivate the minigames mid playthrough?, because after playin chapter 10 DPC can fuck himself with all his fucking minigames

Reactions: Porthas

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho my man, in your mod can we deactivate the minigames mid playthrough?, because after playin chapter 10 DPC can fuck himself with all his fucking minigames
Yes... for the basic VN coded minigames (English, Math, Drawing, etc). See SanchoCheats and select "BaDIK MiniGames" to turn of the VN's options (like you get when first starting the VN). You can turn this On/Off at will, anytime. The other minigame cheat buttons in SanchoCheats change the mod's cheat code only. Make sense?

Also, it works dynamically (cause I do that a lot)... if you turn off the "BaDIK MiniGames" you won't see the normal mod's English, Math, Drawing, etc buttons since they won't be needed. It's intuitive, don't worry, I'm explaining it sounding more complicated than it really is for the end user.

See examples of that SanchoCheat screen here, here, and here (for the most recent).

SangeGame

Aug 17, 2020
No way for me to know yet. More than the two days so far and less than the year it took the dev to write it. Honestly, there's just no way to calculate that yet since I'm not done coding the basics of the mod into the core.

I've finished the ChoiceGuide (including phone messages, Rooster, etc) and the base FreeRoam guides. I'm still working on MiniStat choreography, minigame coding, SanchoGallery population, and other UI tweaks/features. That's too much on the plate to know

The cake is still baking. But know that every major VN release takes more than two days bud, it takes one full day just to port over mod code and start analyzing the VN for it's changes and issues (bugs). There's literally over 500 script files and almost 200 choice menus alone to process... that's no short list by any VN standard.

So yeah, no need to be that guy... not yet. I'm not behind schedule tbh, I'm actually ahead by BaDIK update standards.
You want to finished all of that before releasing? Can you release ChoiceGuide only now, can't wait any longer :ROFLMAO:

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
I've waited a damn year for this update, it's not waiting some more that will kill me
Your mod is just too good to pass on on big games like BaDIK, you just build them different

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
BTW, the mod Core found another timebomb... Pink trying to be sneaky on Scrappy.
View attachment 3160177
Sorted in SanchoMod out of professional courtesy.
I would ask what... but I don't want spoilers. Plus, I don't know shit about programming/coding. My last experience with it was simple If/then stuff for a telephone marketing script job back in the late 90's.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes