Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay out of the 187 choice menus I'm down to the final stretch of ... 48 I reckon. That's me ~74% done with the ChoiceGuide.
I've also removed some event stats that aren't pertinent since the screens are getting crowded. There's a ton of variables in Ep10 and many have zero circumstance yet so I'll almost certainly have to revisit this episode in the future to flesh the guide out more.

Anyway, I'm getting there... time for another beverage refill.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh, btw, I've tightened up the OG Music portion of the mod code for those who have added back the missing songs from prior Seasons. It seems to work as expected and will (hopefully) now allow favorites to be chosen and remembered. The MainMenu will auto-default to the original BaDIK theme song of course.

Instructions are inside the mod link spoilers on the OP post (they haven't changed, steps are the same).

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Okay out of the 187 choice menus I'm down to the final stretch of ... 48 I reckon. That's me ~74% done with the ChoiceGuide.
I've also removed some event stats that aren't pertinent since the screens are getting crowded. There's a ton of variables in Ep10 and many have zero circumstance yet so I'll almost certainly have to revisit this episode in the future to flesh the guide out more.

Anyway, I'm getting there... time for another beverage refill.
I'm curious to know how you create your mod. I thought you played all routes first, but it seems that's not the case. If you create the mod first and then play: respect, man! You literally see the spoiler of the entire episode through the code, it's as if you sacrificed yourself for us. What a Chad!

Reactions: Pakona

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm curious to know how you create your mod. I thought you played all routes first, but it seems that's not the case. If you create the mod first and then play: respect, man! You literally see the spoiler of the entire episode through the code, it's as if you sacrificed yourself for us. What a Chad!
I don't really read any dialogue bud, I code so fast I'm just scraping variable changes and making UI upgrades. I also tend to code one to three features at a time which keeps my mind filled with calculations and not the VN's story.

In the later phase when I flesh out SanchoNotes is when I make note of very odd label jumps are things I notice once I'm coding the MiniStat choreography. The MiniStat code mandates I speedrun so I capture scene endings/beginnings to open/close the little screen in an automated fashion.

Basically I know the general outcomes but not the fine details...which is why I work the way I do since I make the mods for my own use... I want to play with the experience and not completely botch the story for myself. It's a bitch though, ain't gonna lie.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Anyway, that's me with 100% of the basic ChoiceGuide coded. That means I could in theory push out a beta public which wouldn't have free roam guides or SanchoGallery updates yet...along with all the fine details and cheats/conveniences. But the foundation is now set.

These are my final Event variable screen candidates:
1702085897935.png 1702085812412.png 1702085855909.png

Ciil

Oct 31, 2018
If the Dev TEAM of the App, of one of my contracted ISPs I'm working for, would be only 10% as effectiv as you... I literally wouldnt have any kind of problems with my work- and flow anymore ô.o

You are a beast, daaamn. Thanks for the amazing work

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I don't know if I'm getting old or am just an asshole, but I need to know what my choices do so I go on a path I want to go. Unless it's really obvious like in some specific fetish games, but for such huge project as Being a DIK after trying fresh play with clean game I already run into problems very early. Since I want to immerse myself not worry about save hunting and looking for info outside the game I am hoping this mode will work for me and not break the game going forward. I realize it will be some time before newest update mod is polished, but that's more than fine. In meantime I will replay fresh game with first two seasons mod since my previous save files got disintegrated for whatever reason even tho I played previous update perfectly fine.

Anyways, thank you and bless you and good luck! <3

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if I'm getting old or am just an asshole, but I need to know what my choices do so I go on a path I want to go. Unless it's really obvious like in some specific fetish games, but for such huge project as Being a DIK after trying fresh play with clean game I already run into problems very early. Since I want to immerse myself not worry about save hunting and looking for info outside the game I am hoping this mode will work for me and not break the game going forward. I realize it will be some time before newest update mod is polished, but that's more than fine. In meantime I will replay fresh game with first two seasons mod since my previous save files got disintegrated for whatever reason even tho I played previous update perfectly fine.

Anyways, thank you and bless you and good luck! <3
Ep10 really only has path splits if on the Alone/Others pathing from Ep9 and prior. All SanchoMod's to date have pathing guides and alert you when you should make a save just in case you change your mind. I write SanchoNotes constantly in my mods to give you my personal notes so you don't just rely on variable names alone.

Just thought I'd flesh that out in case it wasn't clear. Regards.

2x973

Aug 24, 2022
I don't know if I'm getting old or am just an asshole...
It's getting old. For the past few years, I never feel like I have enough time to do everything I want. The mods make going through the VNs so much easier. I don't feel like I have time to fuck about with trying to guess that looking up one girls skirt will give me negative points, but asking another girl if you can check her g-string will give me positive points. The mods just let me pick the route I want.

Sancho1969, you're doing an awesome job. Thanks.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Porthas I use . I don't use the browser extension, but it's just copy/pasting the URLs for the threads that you want to follow and pasting them in the bottom bar of the F95checker and hitting Enter. It can run as a background "service" (it just runs in the system tray) and it checks every item you've added every 15 mins by default if I'm not mistaken and shows you windows notifications when an item is updated. Here is my list of Sancho mods that I follow.
View attachment 3155893

It's an outdated screenshot. This is now:
View attachment 3155928
thanks 3.gif

Dr Huge Vee

Nov 18, 2021
Sancho please can u give me an estimate time how long it will take to create this mod because I want to play this update with ur mod. Everything is ready just waiting for your mod

johnman300

Aug 1, 2022
Sancho please can u give me an estimate time how long it will take to create this mod because I want to play this update with ur mod. Everything is ready just waiting for your mod
Just download his save fixer, and play it unmodded if you can't wait. Its what I'm doing.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Patience young padawan. If you go through all his posts he is constantly updating us on the progress. I personally waiting because I suck at the minigames but don't want to turn em of. Just wanna cheat my way through em. My old brain cannot do that crap anymore.

Reactions: 7thOmen

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FreeRoam Guide coding initiated:
1702090379037.png
Of course it's data is fully dynamic and changes along with your choices as you've come to expect. They are a bitch to code but DAMN do they look good and work well if implemented correctly (meaning I don't go overboard with the guide... too much hand-holding ain't a good thing).

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
ty for the save fixer, I am almost 100% sure I didnt use your cheat mod (unless I used scrappy's and forgot) but anyways I even deleted all of my old saves thinking that might have been it, so now that its working I can just import the ones I have I suppose.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The only answer I have is: when it's done.

There's no way for me to give an estimate until I post the typical "Thank you for using SanchoMod" screeny which means I'm at code cleanup, retail packaging, and integrity testing.

This VN is huge man... it takes time. Always has, always will.... unless you want me to produce garbage which of course you don't and I won't. I might push out a beta but we're not quite at that point to discern that yet.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ty for the save fixer, I am almost 100% sure I didnt use your cheat mod (unless I used scrappy's and forgot) but anyways I even deleted all of my old saves thinking that might have been it, so now that its working I can just import the ones I have I suppose.
I posted a quick fix for those who used Scrappy's and have borked saves in the VN's thread here if needed. I've made it a automated detection in SanchoMod out of courtesy as well.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I posted a quick fix for those who used Scrappy's and have borked saves in the VN's thread here if needed. I've made it a automated detection in SanchoMod out of courtesy as well.
cool I'll keep that in mind, I am going through episode 10 now but I'll probably save once I get towards the end

PeterMill

Jul 28, 2023
Hello Sancho1969,
I hope I'm not bothering too much with this feature request, since you are busy with the MOD at the moment. But I've been trying to read through this thread and already "figured" out that you are not really a fan of money cheats. I wanted to ask if it's possible to add a money cheat for the party planning mini game, because that would make it a lot easier to get some higher scores in that "event"?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes