Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
guys after Tommy talk with Jacob Halloween costumes my game closed without any advice or error ,im using a previous save ,what's happened? thx and im using sanchomod, i also tryed without using a mod but nothing changed maybe is because i download the game from torrent? thx hope somebody can help me

this is the log file
I got pretty much the same issue as Max1276, game crashes after this text. 0.8.3 was played with sanchomod, no "mod" option was used in the playthrough (refering to "see all the scenes" option that was sometimes offered)
Good evening and happy holidays. As noted above the issue you have is not with using SanchoMod but rather you used some other mod either in Season 2 or Season 3 Interlude at some point in your save file your loading and now the VN developer (Pink) is fucking you for doing so. Other mods and cheats have been sabotaged but not one single save that was created either unmodded or with SanchoMod exclusively has failed (to date).

If you can't resolve and don't wish to replay Season 2 without one of the other mods then I've generously also provided access to my personal import file that has each Branch separate. See post here for details on all of this supply plus detailed instructions (follow them exactly, all the information is in that post). Once done, import whichever branch you want and rename the MC via SanchoCheats (otherwise your MC will be "Sancho" or "DumbassRedneckWhoCreatesShittyMods" <--- that would be sarcasm :ROFLMAO:). Regards.

Krizalid

Nov 24, 2017
Good evening and happy holidays. As noted above the issue you have is not with using SanchoMod but rather you used some other mod either in Season 2 or Season 3 Interlude at some point in your save file your loading and now the VN developer (Pink) is fucking you for doing so. Other mods and cheats have been sabotaged but not one single save that was created either unmodded or with SanchoMod exclusively has failed (to date).

If you can't resolve and don't wish to replay Season 2 without one of the other mods then I've generously also provided access to my personal import file that has each Branch separate. See post here for details on all of this supply plus detailed instructions (follow them exactly, all the information is in that post). Once done, import whichever branch you want and rename the MC via SanchoCheats (otherwise your MC will be "Sancho" or "DumbassRedneckWhoCreatesShittyMods" <--- that would be sarcasm :ROFLMAO:). Regards.
Thanks for the answer but I didn't use anything else, in fact, I downloaded everything today and started from scratch because in my old playthrough I used scrappy's mod, in this new one no other mods/translations were used
1671929388758.png

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Thanks for the answer but I didn't use anything else, in fact, I downloaded everything today and started from scratch because in my old playthrough I used scrappy's mod, in this new one no other mods/translations were used
View attachment 2261507
I realize that you may not want to hear it, but it's not Sancho pulling your leg. The game code makes a very specific check for a particular cheat mod, and that is then saved in your save file.

If you are playing a pure fresh clean game, there is no way for that variable it checks to be in your save.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 2261507
The only other reason the dev sabotages your playthrough at the point you mentioned is if you're trying to play on mobile. So, you either previously used a mod other than SanchoMod OR you're attempting to play the VN on a mobile device. I have no reason to bullshit you, honestly bud.

So, if you're trying to play on mobile then I've got you covered for doing so (unmodded) as well. I'm a pretty generous fellow, right? See post here for that circumstance. Regards.

Krizalid

Nov 24, 2017
The only other reason the dev sabotages your playthrough at the point you mentioned is if you're trying to play on mobile. So, you either previously used a mod other than SanchoMod OR you're attempting to play the VN on a mobile device. I have no reason to bullshit you, honestly bud.

So, if you're trying to play on mobile then I've got you covered for doing so (unmodded) as well. I'm a pretty generous fellow, right? See post here for that circumstance. Regards.
Okay, I really don't want to be annoying and I know you're trying to help me but I really haven't installed anything else apart from your mod, I'm also not playing on mobile, it's a fresh PC playthrough, in fact, the game crashes at the same place even with your save import provided in another post.

View attachment 2022-12-25 02-46-12.mp4

• Angry
Reactions: zarachi and aordd69

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
i also tryed without using a mod but nothing changed maybe is because i download the game from torrent? thx hope somebody can help me

first of all thx for your patience,so if i had understand right if i replay the season 2 with your mod installed ,when i end the season and start the 0.9.1 after installed your update mod everything will be ok? thx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I really don't want to be annoying and I know you're trying to help me but I really haven't installed anything else apart from your mod, I'm also not playing on mobile, it's a fresh PC playthrough, in fact, the game crashes at the same place even with your save import provided in another post.
If you aren't using mobile (which I can see that you aren't in your vid example) then you are still getting carryover from using the other mod at some point in the past. Try this: backup then delete your persistent file from both the "game/saves" directory AND "AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494". Retest (start the VN) and report back.

i also tryed without using a mod but nothing changed maybe is because i download the game from torrent? thx hope somebody can help me

first of all thx for your patience,so if i had understand right if i replay the season 2 with your mod installed ,when i end the season and start the 0.9.1 after installed your update mod everything will be ok? thx
To be very clear (so there's no misunderstanding): If you previously used the other mod at any time in the past (especially during Season 1 or 2) then you try to import a save made in Season 2 (via the import option) then the VN will crash in Season 3. It doesn't matter in Season 3 if you try playing unmodded or SanchoMod... again if you ever used the other mod, ever, and made a save or export then the VN will crash. That's the VN developer fucking you for using the other mod.

Reactions: Ilhares

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
If you aren't using mobile (which I can see that you aren't in your vid example) then you are still getting carryover from using the other mod at some point in the past. Try this: backup then delete your persistent file from both the "game/saves" directory AND "AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494". Retest (start the VN) and report back.

To be very clear (so there's no misunderstanding): If you previously used the other mod at any time in the past (especially during Season 1 or 2) then you try to import a save made in Season 2 (via the import option) then the VN will crash in Season 3. It doesn't matter in Season 3 if you try playing unmodded or SanchoMod... again if you ever used the other mod, ever, and made a save or export then the VN will crash. That's the VN developer fucking you for using the other mod.

ok so what need to made about play yhe new chapter without the crash? thx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ok so what need to made about play yhe new chapter without the crash? thx
I'm not sure how many different ways to say the same thing but I'll keep trying. If you are using PC and ever used the other mod then you have two choices:
  1. Either start playing from scratch (no save loading) unmodded or using SanchoMod OR
  2. in Season 3 try using my personal import file (I obviously have never used another mod, ever).
Trying to play via a mobile device is a whole different issue. I have a fix for it but it only works playing unmodded, but I'm assuming you are playing PC, correct?

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
I'm not sure how many different ways to say the same thing but I'll keep trying. If you are using PC and ever used the other mod then you have two choices:
  1. Either start playing from scratch (no save loading) unmodded or using SanchoMod OR
  2. in Season 3 try using my personal import file (I obviously have never used another mod, ever).
Trying to play via a mobile device is a whole different issue. I have a fix for it but it only works playing unmodded, but I'm assuming you are playing PC, correct?

i think i used in the past scrappy mod and this cause the crash now correct? i was thinking if playng again so no saves the interlude and using your mod can fix the future crash ,sorry for my english,thx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i think i used in the past scrappy mod and this cause the crash now correct? i was thinking if playng again so no saves the interlude and using your mod can fix the future crash ,sorry for my english,thx
No, if you ever used the other mod it doesn't matter if you load an "Interlude" save since that came from a Season 2 import file. See what I'm saying? You imported a Season 2 previous save to be able to play Interlude whenever it came out... the problem is with that Season 2 save which was imported. Does that make sense?

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
No, if you ever used the other mod it doesn't matter if you load an "Interlude" save since that came from a Season 2 import file. See what I'm saying? You imported a Season 2 previous save to be able to play Interlude whenever it came out... the problem is with that Season 2 save which was imported. Does that make sense?
ok so is possible to play again from the start so clear the season 2 using only your mod?thx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ok so is possible to play again from the start so clear the season 2 using only your mod?thx
That's one of the two choices. Bottom line, the player must NOT load or use a save from any season (even from Season 1) that was using the other mod. That's the issue. So, if you start Season 2 from scratch DO NOT load a Season 1 save that had ever been using the other mod or you'll be playing it all over in vein. Only you can answer the question to yourself, I have no idea when you might have used that other mod tbh.

Even though it's not my responsibility to troubleshoot issues made by using other mods/hacks, I'll make all of this easier to see in the next maintenance release of SanchoMod. I'll add a "stat" to the MiniStat that quickly allows the player to know whether the save they loaded is fucked or not. Maybe something like this where False(green) means "you're good to go" and True(red) means "you're fucked":
1671987186953.png 1671987244036.png
Note: the above are just an example, not final code.

Reactions: zarachi

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
That's one of the two choices. Bottom line, the player must NOT load or use a save from any season (even from Season 1) that was using the other mod. That's the issue. So, if you start Season 2 from scratch DO NOT load a Season 1 save that had ever been using the other mod or you'll be playing it all over in vein. Only you can answer the question to yourself, I have no idea when you might have used that other mod tbh.

Even though it's not my responsibility to troubleshoot issues made by using other mods/hacks, I'll make all of this easier to see in the next maintenance release of SanchoMod. I'll add a "stat" to the MiniStat that quickly allows the player to know whether the save they loaded is fucked or not. Maybe something like this where False(green) means "you're good to go" and True(red) means "you're fucked":
View attachment 2262691 View attachment 2262694
Note: the above are just an example, not final code.

Ok ,thx again so i will start the season 2 clear without load saves but using ONLY your mod ,thx again for explain

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something that seems minor with Jill, like choosing to help out a sick Sage instead of a surprise picnic, can turn out to be a major thing. Is waiting the only way to set $ ep9_jill_orgasm = True? We really won't know until the future the butterfly effect that stuff like this will have.
Good afternoon FYI: I've updated the FAQ here (see the bottom of post's "Added Features" pending) to include a notifier for the Jill easily missed event. It will be included in the next maintenance update. Regards and good catch on that btw.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: I'll be adding a third feature upgrade to the next maintenance update as well: Intelligent "Branch" variable cheats. This works similar to what I did in Season 2 but it's better, smarter, and more intuitive (I think anyway). I'll do my best to be concise with the description as it's going to be a bit of a wall-of-text, so bare with me a bit:

Basically it works like this: If you choose a certain Branch then it's associated paths and other major pertinent variables will be changed automatically... to keep your playthrough as pure as possible (and keep you from fucking up). It will then list the current variables that are relevant to that particular Branch (again, to keep the playthrough as pure as possible).

Why go through this coding nightmare? Well, simple really. You see (for example) you can't be on MayaJosy path if you are on Branch(Others) and alternatively you must be on MayaJosy path if you are on Branch(MayaJosy), etc. As another example you can't obtain JillOrgasm if you aren't on her branch, so the cheat is not available to you on other Branch selections (it's automatically set to False if another Branch is selected as well).

Since this is SanchoMod I wasn't content with just that so I took it a step further... SanchoCheats will remember the paths you have when you loaded the save file and the Branch toggle will remember that and keep it the same as you toggle through them. For example if the player is on Sage's Branch and has Path(MayaJosy) then that is defaulted to True throughout the Branches that allow it (again, Branch(Others) does not so the MayaJosy path is set to False but then again to True as the player cycles through the Branches in this particular example). If the player loads a save that has Path(Jill) and not Path(Sage) then that is remember, and so on.

Hopefully these example make it clear...I know it's a bit technical.

It's but another way to allow you flexibility without the chance of messing things up and ruining your saves (that's the goal anyway). That said anything can happen in the future when you cheat, so the standard SanchoCheat disclaimer stays in effect of course.

Here's a couple teasers of the code working in real-time:
1672013302653.png 1672013391135.png 1672013419751.png 1672013781776.png

BrownThunder000

Oct 10, 2021
Thank you for your hard work with this mod. You're the hero we all needed, and none of us deserved.

Still trying to navigate my way around the game crash shortly after the interlude ends and the main story begins, but I'll stay at it and try my hardest not to peek into the scenes using your mods.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Thank you for your hard work with this mod. You're the hero we all needed, and none of us deserved.

Still trying to navigate my way around the game crash shortly after the interlude ends and the main story begins, but I'll stay at it and try my hardest not to peek into the scenes using your mods.
If you get crashed because you're using another mod at some point, just turn on the console and type the command persistent.mod_wt_enabled = None. Everything will work and it won't affect SanchoMod in any way.

4.80 star(s) 12 Votes