Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
The only way that can happen is that you installed the mod inside a game where you previously unarchived the scripts. Don't do that. Install the mod into a clean, untampered with copy of the VN (both the uncompressed and compressed versions of the VN DL are script-archived). That will resolve the issue. Regards.
out of curiosity, how would i have unarchived the scripts? I didnt touch any game files other than copying over mod files.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
out of curiosity, how would i have unarchived the scripts? I didnt touch any game files other than copying over mod files.
I couldn't say what's inside your VN's game directory so there's no way for me to answer that. What I do know (which eliminates all other potential variables) is that the mod installed as directed inside a clean new install works 100%. We've done the basics for resolving your current install (the mod is definitely ready to receive the proper mod scripts from your last screenshot). The "scripts.rpa" file in the mod's download is to replace the original VN's "scripts.rpa" (overwrite it). If this is not done then the ChoiceGuide and a few other features simply won't work. If there are any "*.rpy" or "*.rpyc" files inside your "game" folder or its subfolders then they are read by RenPy BEFORE the "*.rpa" file scripts...that's why I believe yours is not working proper.

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
I couldn't say what's inside your VN's game directory so there's no way for me to answer that. What I do know (which eliminates all other potential variables) is that the mod installed as directed inside a clean new install works 100%. We've done the basics for resolving your current install (the mod is definitely ready to receive the proper mod scripts from your last screenshot). The "scripts.rpa" file in the mod's download is to replace the original VN's "scripts.rpa" (overwrite it). If this is not done then the ChoiceGuide and a few other features simply won't work. If there are any "*.rpy" or "*.rpyc" files inside your "game" folder or its subfolders then they are read by RenPy BEFORE the "*.rpa" file scripts...that's why I believe yours is not working proper.
wouldnt that mean that the Choice Guide would never display though? Wonder why it is breaking only once i get into ep 8. Either way, i am redownloading the game to do a fresh install. Will the saves i have still be useable?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
wouldnt that mean that the Choice Guide would never display though? Wonder why it is breaking only once i get into ep 8. Either way, i am redownloading the game to do a fresh install. Will the saves i have still be useable?
As long as those save are either from an unmodded game (other than SanchoMod) or were created with SanchoMod installed they'll be just fine. If you save with any other mod then the odds are low but it would depend on where in the scripting the save was made in that case.

You shouldn't have to re-DL the VN if you got it from this site. Just create a fresh install in a differently named directory, install the mod, and that should be fine. When a fresh install is made, inside the "game" folder (under the VN's main folder) should have 47 files inside, and none of them should end in ".rpy" or ".rpyc", after installing the mod you'll have one more file and a folder (the mod's .rpa file, including a folder) and you will overwrite one original file (the scripts.rpa file) with the one contained inside the mod's download.

Last edited:

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
As long as those save are either from an unmodded game (other than SanchoMod) or were created with SanchoMod installed they'll be just fine. If you save with any other mod then the odds are low but it would depend on where in the scripting the save was made in that case.

You shouldn't have to re-DL the VN if you got it from this site. Just create a fresh install in a differently named directory, install the mod, and that should be fine. When a fresh install is made, inside the "game" folder (under the VN's main folder) should have 47 files inside, and none of the should end in ".rpy" or ".rpyc", after installing the mod you'll have one more file and a folder (the mod's .rpa file, including a folder) and you will overwrite one original file (the scripts.rpa file) with the one contained inside the mod's download.
All my saves were created with your mod installed. So hopefully that wont be an issue. Unfortunately, i didnt save my original download after extracting it. So i need to download the game again :(

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
All my saves were created with your mod installed. So hopefully that wont be an issue. Unfortunately, i didnt save my original download after extracting it. So i need to download the game again :(
For what it's worth while you are doing that, the screenshots I posted in reply to yours is a fresh install of the compressed version with a fresh install of the mod on a test system here in the studio that stays completely clean of any RenPy games, work files, etc. (it's one of two dedicated virgin testing tower PCs). This is how I do final tests on all my mods before I distribute any of them (including any later updates) so as to verify integrity.

Edit: I sent the two files (the VN DL and the Mod DL) to the second test machine which has no persistent files, no other installs of anything other than the operating system. Installed the VN, installed the mod, then copied one save file near the end of Ep7, loaded it, ran it and no issues at all. With all that said we know the VN is ok and the Mod is ok, we just have to figure out what's going on in your particular case. I'm sure we'll sort it out.

Last edited:

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
For what it's worth while you are doing that, the screenshots I posted in reply to yours is a fresh install of the compressed version with a fresh install of the mod on a test system here in the studio that stays completely clean of any RenPy games, work files, etc. (it's one of two dedicated virgin testing tower PCs). This is how I do final tests on all my mods before I distribute any of them (including any later updates) so as to verify integrity.
oh, no worries. I have no doubt i must have done something to bork it. I did install 1 or 2 other mods at the same time I installed yours when i started the game. But yours seemed to work fine all the way until ep 8. So still dont know for sure what broke it there. Fingers crossed its all good for me after a fresh install of the game and just your mod. Would hate to lose all those saves. :cry:

Your mod is amazing by the way, thank you for it :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
oh, no worries. I have no doubt i must have done something to bork it. I did install 1 or 2 other mods at the same time I installed yours when i started the game. But yours seemed to work fine all the way until ep 8. So still dont know for sure what broke it there. Fingers crossed its all good for me after a fresh install of the game and just your mod. Would hate to lose all those saves. :cry:

Your mod is amazing by the way, thank you for it :)
Wait....stop right there.
I did install 1 or 2 other mods at the same time I installed yours when i started the game.
That's the problem... any other wonkey mod will definitely have installed unarchived files which is what was thought to begin with. See you didn't unarchive the files yourself, you installed some other non-original files which is the issue, they most certainly installed unarchived script files. NEVER mix mods unless they explicitly state they are compatible.

With that said your saves may or may not work. There's no way for me to know what some other "modder" has or hasn't done. Cross your fingers...

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
Wait....stop right there.

That's the problem... any other wonkey mod will definitely have installed unarchived files which is what was thought to begin with. See you didn't unarchive the files yourself, you installed some other non-original files which is the issue, they most certainly installed unarchived script files. NEVER mix mods unless they explicitly state they are compatible.

With that said your saves may or may not work. There's no way for me to know what some other "modder" has or hasn't done. Cross your fingers...
reinstalled fresh copy, and only your mod and the DETECTED MOD FIX. All good now, and saves still work. Thanks for walking me through this. I really appreciate it :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
reinstalled fresh copy, and only your mod and the DETECTED MOD FIX. All good now, and saves still work. Thanks for walking me through this. I really appreciate it :)
No other mod is required nor endorsed. You don't need that "fix"... just so you know. SanchoMod is a complete package and coded to run by itself with no other shenanigans required. Regards and enjoy.

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
No other mod is required nor endorsed. You don't need that "fix"... just so you know. SanchoMod is a complete package and coded to run by itself with no other shenanigans required. Regards and enjoy.
I am using the DETECTED MOD FIX because this pops up without it when just using your mod on fresh install.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I am using the DETECTED MOD FIX because this pops up without it when just using your mod on fresh install.
Indeed, that's due to use of saves created with other mods previously installed. The very first thing SanchoMod code does in it's script is to flag the dev's checker invalid with cheatcat=None, so playing with SanchoMod doesn't raise those warnings, only from the use of saves used with other products.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just so you folks know, that "Detected Mod Fix" is a fix for the other mod. The variable the dev is looking for cheatcat is not an OEM variable but that of another modder. In other words it will only resolve issues if you previously used another mod and has nothing to do with SanchoMod. I just wanted to clear that up so there's no confusion: You don't need to install anything extra with SanchoMod and it's certainly not recommended nor supported. It's a fully contained mod and likely does not play well with others. Regards.

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
Just so you folks know, that "Detected Mod Fix" is a fix for the other mod. The variable the dev is looking for cheatcat is not an OEM variable but that of another modder. In other words it will only resolve issues if you previously used another mod and has nothing to do with SanchoMod. I just wanted to clear that up so there's no confusion: You don't need to install anything extra with SanchoMod and it's certainly not recommended nor supported. It's a fully contained mod and likely does not play well with others. Regards.
yup. I only needed to use it because it was the only way to load my previous saves and not have to start over

runkpocker

Apr 10, 2022
Newbie here - loved your mod for S1 and 2, and just installed it for S3. I dont see any choiceguide options for S3 with it enabled. Is that expected or is this version setup to toggle this differently than the S1-2 method?

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Sancho1969 Hey matey, can you add an option where we get to deside the SanchoMod Menu's position? i installed ur mod along with Scrappy's Mod, and both locate the same part of the screen. so i can't access his Cheat menu.

Greetings Riggnarock

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
Hey Sancho, im running into this error whenever i try importing another Season 1-2 playthrough into Interlude after completing an Interlude playthrough and saving.

The only way around it is to delete the persistant files from save and appdata, then importing the next playthrough.

I tried it without your mod installed and it didnt bring up the error, which is why i am posting it here.

It looks like it is happening when the screen for Play Interlude or Skip to Episode 9 is supposed to appear.

Steps to Reproduce:

Fresh install
Import a game into Interlude
Play till the end.
Save on the Save Here screen.
Exit to Main Menu.
Tap Import.
Select another (or the same) save to import.

Result:
Error (see attachments)

When i did these exact steps without your mod, the result is it brings up the Play Interlude or Skip to 9 screen.

Note: This is a clean install and clean saves that only have your mod.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes