Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Feel free to disregard my post but affinity isn't the only system gatekeeping your choices. DIK Score heavily limits you from a metric fuckton of interactions during the game that influence your playthrough. If I wanna pick a certain option talking to Maya or Josy I gotta get that score slider to the chick side. If a few minutes later I'm talking to Quinn or Jade there is gonna be an option I wanna pick that requires me to be a DIK so i gotta go change that slider the other way. Also the further you get into the game the harder it gets to avoid being assigned a permanent affinity which is what I have to avoid at all costs to enjoy my playthrough.

There is nothing wrong with liking the system and how it's implemented. I just happen not to.
There's something very wrong with deliberately playing a game you don't like and then complaining that it doesn't work the way you like. Are you immortal, that you have so much time to waste doing something you don't enjoy?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
There's something very wrong with deliberately playing a game you don't like and then complaining that it doesn't work the way you like. Are you immortal, that you have so much time to waste doing something you don't enjoy?
I wasn't complaining... Much less demanding it to change or cater to my preferences. I take it for what it is and I was just sharing my opinion, in this case, my dislike for the core system. I'm sorry if I offended you but please know that you are welcome to disregard my post...

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
And yes and no. The harem route in relation to main LI is excluded (unless you think the Maya/Josy are harem route). But the path of Others is definitely a harem route. MC can fuck side chicks with absolute impunity for himself, can share love (and seed) with all the girls on campus. Another question is how long this fun will last and when DPC decides to ruin everything.
Ah you mean when the DIK mansion starts on fire and you have to choose between saving Maya and Josy.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Pardon my suggesting it, ser, but you have the wrong perspective.

He's not doing it to "control how you play a game". He's doing it because he's fucking sick and tired of people coming to him for tech support on a game they broke by cheating it and doing 'impossible' things.

If you jailbreak your phone and change the firmware on it, it's neither the carrier's job, nor the manufacturer/point of sale, to provide you tech support for fucking shit up all on your own.

I'm not saying you can't cheat (hell, I do, too!). DPC isn't saying you can't cheat. He's very clearly saying "Fuck you, I won't do tech support for X". And it was really easy in the earlier implementation, too. Just look at how many posts we have here in this very forum that say stupid shit after every fucking update, "Help, my game crashes at point X". And you see at least 2 dozen other people, almost all of whom are rare visitors to the thread at all, with the exact same problem.

When stupid shit like that crops up on his Discord or whatever other contact channels he might have, he knows he can just file them immediately into the garbage, because they're not having problems with an un-modded game. They've broken it themselves and he can wash his hands of concern.
That's fair and I can see how it would be stressful, I guess I just see it differently. To me refusing help to people with modded saves and such is different than taking actual steps to prevent people from being able to do it altogether. I guess it's a good thing the only "mods" I use myself are just personal dialogue edits.

Either way at the end of the day it is just a game, no matter how proud a dev is or how much someone may enjoy it. That's not me taking a jab at anyone in particular or diminishing the dev's work. There's nothing really worth wasting your day worrying about is all I'm saying. Situations like that just rub me the wrong way.

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
If you show this footage to someone who doesn't know about BaDIK, he will think this is some kind of gay game :KEK:
you wanna tell me it's not?
derek bangs that purple haired dude

and when MC ends up in prison for dealing with his precious broccoli, he'll have no other option, really

also [another joke about banging madame and jill], just let your imagination run wild

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
you wanna tell me it's not?
derek bangs that purple haired dude

and when MC ends up in prison for dealing with his precious broccoli, he'll have no other option, really

also [another joke about banging madame and jill], just let your imagination run wild
That is bestiality, no gay...

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes