allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
You are focusing way too much on the animations...

The reason why everyone is talking about these animations is just the fact that they take the MOST time to render and it seems that they delay the release... DPC can do about 8 animations a week with his PC slaves. But to say those animations are the reason why an update takes so long is to easy. To prepare those animations doesnt take that much time. The render-time only is time consuming... but its nothing DPC has to "do"... he pretty much throws them in the queue and works on other stuff. But of course the "slaves" are occupied with animations renders than, but he need this time to deal with coding, writing, and preparing static renders... if he would do the game without animations, i would say the epsiode would maybe take 1-2 months less time to develop but not more... while the slaves are occupied with animation rendering, DPC has to deal with other things anyway. Its just the fact that the overall content is big and he is making everything on his owen why it takes so long. But those things just take its time... only way to be a lot faster, would to cut out content... with better hardware the rendering progress would be faster, but DPC has still to do the coding, polishing, writing and so on... there is nothing that can speed up this... well, except hire personal.

Of course those animations dont add much to the content itself. Mostly they are for the lewd scenes... dont know anymore what DPC told us in a DEV report, but all those animations together maybe have a play time about 45 minutes total... as a "sexmovie" that is ^^

No the actual big mass of the content are the static renders... an those will be close to 5000. Which is a huge number and in fact the biggest episode so far. So you can be sure, contentwise it will be the biggest, DPC said this himself too in one of his reports.

If you will enjoy it is on another page though of course...

Regarding the progress you want to see. Well, i cant imagine that those checkboxes you posted will NOT be checked mostly... of course he has to do something with Zoey, and he will... maybe not THAT much, she is just introduced, or better said, had her comeback... I would think she will make an impact late in the episode to stir things up that will come in the future.

The Burke scene has to be dealt with too... to me it would be much appreciated if we can solve the Maya tuition at least for a while... its getting a little annoying now. In my opinion the whole tuition deal holds any progression with Maya and Josy back for good. And it feels kinda pointless that Maya studies, made the midterms and such, if the whole thing blows up anyways... so yeah DPC should deal with it now (no matter how, i could easy picture a scenario where maya has to leave college too, but still be a big part like before... she lives nearby) i dont say he must deal with it for good... but it should not be a big issue anymore for at least the next two episodes... so he can focus on other things more and we can get progress in the relationship with J&M and maybe open up a solo route for them too. This solo route HAS to come eventually and to be satisfying it should start about now, or maybe with episode 2 in season 3... otherwise it would feel a little bit too late for that.

Halloween will be big... there will be the planning for the party, as far as i know including a minigame.

Most LI will take part in it. Maybe Jill will not take part in the party... she is not a party girl and isnt a "fangirl" of the DIKs... maybe she will take part in the party if she is with the MC, but it wouldnt surprise me much if she wont be there... Same goes for Bella, i cant really picture her in a wild Halloween party in the DIK mansion... Every other LI and sidegirl (well the pink roses and college-girls that is... Nora and Jade will not be there i think) will be there... and will get some "quality time" with the MC too. But it will be interesting how the whole party will play out considering the Burke-Scene. And the Halloween party is the reason why i think that the Burke-scene will be somewhat smooth. Cant imagine the Burke-scene will blow up there and than everybody is happy at a Halloween-party later. So i dont think there will be some real shit going on at the burkes... maybe AFTER the party shit will hit the fan.

Regarding "real" progress with any of the LIs... well yeah, for J&M there has to be more... but for the others? Since episode 8 we are in a REAL relationship now (or with noone) that pretty much settles it for now... how much more progress do you want there? Put a ring on her finger? I think maybe the feelings will develop a little more, and of course 1-2 lewd scenes and talks... but the major impact in those relationship was epsiode 8 for now... the ship is sailed for most girls for now... a little "honeymoon-phase" can follow up... not that much more for most relationships, i wouldnt expect very much more progress in the somewhat "settled" love-paths. Yeah J&M need some real progress, and the Bella/Jill situation has to be dealt with too... but thats about it for the LIs. We have to wait how Zoey will be placed in all this... i think she will appear late in the episode and shake some things up for the future episode. But not imediately.

About classes... *shrug* i dont know, and i dont really care too... yeah its a game in college life, but lets face it, the actual classes are just short "breaks" from the drama. Not the focus of the game.

The hospital scene... we saw a preview, nothing more... who knows what this means... maybe its jsut something short, maybe somebody at the halloween party just went overboard with alc and needed some care? DPC loves to play with our minds and expectations. The Hospital scene could mean shit. Something like... Derek put a little to many vodka tampons up his butt.

There are some serious and huge questions in the air that need answers, but i think those answers dont have to come in this episode... like the pregnancy test, Bellas secret and more... i think DPC will play a little more with those pending issues, maybe spread some hints here and there. Those things are to big to be "solved" or "concluded" just now.
I feel like you don't understand what I'm saying and trying to explain it will just create further misunderstandings. So ... whatever, numbnuts. Deuces!
(y)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Hahn1900

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I feel like you don't understand what I'm saying and trying to explain it will just create further misunderstandings. So ... whatever, numbnuts. Deuces!
(y)
yeah nice discussion... throwing insults is always the way to go and brings everyone further... well... bless the ignore list, youre welcome

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
I *think* DPC is talking about short, non-lewd scenes there. It's not like he has absolutely everything planned in advance, so it makes sense he'd need to add a few minor scenes here and there to fill things out properly. Assuming they don't get 'environmental' animations, I doubt they take much time to knock out.

That said, the first step is admitting you have a problem, and DPC is clearly not ready to acknowledge how much he needs a good editor.
I agree. and those scenes will most likely make the game feel more smooth, without the player having a feeling something somewhere was just randomly cut off or that we just jumped into a situation

but the issue is that we had a feeling we're almost done 2 months ago. 40 renders and a few animations to go. meanwhile he just keeps adding and adding and adding. looking at how things have gone so far, this might go on for months because he might keep feeling the story doesn't run smooth enough so he keeps on adding scenes.
I know it's impossible but I'd rather have him make the story and the scene planning and then say "the story part is done, I need 10 months to finish all the renders and animations". not like this. we have a feeling we're near the finish line and then stuff just keeps being added. this is what fuels the "milker" stories

Last edited:

jask_skull

May 31, 2017
Hello, I've got a question. I just downloaded the game, but I am unable to start a new game. On the main menu it only says Import and Continue, but there is no New Game option to select. I noticed that the game says INTERLUDE, is this a different game from the main game?

1667022804974.png

I downloaded Season 3 Interlude, should I download Season 1 - 2 to play the main game? Thanks in advance for the help

1667023005289.png

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Hello, I've got a question. I just downloaded the game, but I am unable to start a new game. On the main menu it only says Import and Continue, but there is no New Game option to select. I noticed that the game says INTERLUDE, is this a different game from the main game?

View attachment 2131309

I downloaded Season 3 Interlude, should I download Season 1 - 2 to play the main game? Thanks in advance for the help

View attachment 2131315
Yes you need season 1-2 first, then you can import your completed playthrough into the interlude.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Eh, if the Interlude were a normal update it would have been called Episode 9. Even if you like the Interlude, I don't think it's unreasonable to note that the main story has been left hanging for a full year (and counting!). It's hard to keep up momentum with that kind of delay, especially when Episode 8 ended on what it presented as a big change to the status quo.
What makes you think the Interlude isn't part of the main story? You have no idea what DPC has planned. It's their work, and it isn't up to you to decide what matters.

The Dick

Oct 22, 2022
Again, the Interlude is a real update, and pretending it isn't doesn't change anything. It has been just under 8 months since an update. Anything else is simply untrue.
No... Oh, no... After a clear explanation on why one shouldn't engage in semantic debates, the guy goes and starts one... Some people just don't know how to do it differently...

Ok... Be happy with your real updates -- welcome to the desert of the real...

But you can't deny the following proposition is true, can you?

"We're almost a year without an update of the game we play as the MC known as Tremolo (though you can baptize him as you like) and we -- impersonating this Tremolo guy -- interact with such characters as Quinn, Sage, Lily, Jill, Josy, Maya, Bella, the DIKs, and others."

If you deny this, you're schizophrenic, because you'd be denying reality (no wonder some philosophers say reality is different from the Real). Thus, call it whatever you want it -- as I said, engaging in semantic debates doesn't interest me --, we're almost an year without that that-has-been-described (label it here according to your tastes :____________), and we'll probably be without it for more two or three months.

Now... No one is denying that there was a release by the owner of the brand Being a DIK™ which was associated to the same brand and officially -- de jure & de branding -- considered part of the franchise (though an irrelevant subplot that will go to the dustbins of the story)... I know it (unfortunately) exists... I'm not schizophrenic...

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Again, the Interlude is a real update, and pretending it isn't doesn't change anything. It has been just under 8 months since an update. Anything else is simply untrue.
You've been arguing this point for a couple of months now.

Technically, The Interlude was an update. It took up the time between Episode 8's completion and The Interlude's release. No one can say that it's taken DPC almost a year to develop something.

But, people who are arguing that it's taken almost a year for episode 9 to come out are looking from the perspective that they've been waiting since episode 8 was released on November 19 last year.

So it's basically jut the focus. It hasn't taken a year for an update, but it's taken a year for episode 9.

I agree. and those scenes will most likely make the game feel more smooth, without the player having a feeling something somewhere was just randomly cut off or that we just jumped into a situation

but the issue is that we had a feeling we're almost done 2 months ago. 40 renders and a few animations to go. meanwhile he just keeps adding and adding and adding. looking at how things have gone so far, this might go on for months because he might keep feeling the story doesn't run smooth enough so he keeps on adding scenes.
I know it's impossible but I'd rather have him make the story and the scene planning and then say "the story part is done, I need 10 months to finish all the renders and animations". not like this. we have a feeling we're near the finish line and then stuff just keeps being added. this is what fuels the "milker" stories
Interestingly, if you look back at the status updates from June and July where he gave some percentage completes, extrapolating what he had achieved in the time it had taken, it looked like he was going to finish by November some time, and then there would be the testing.

This idea that he's been close to finished only to add more things is probably more to do with our own wishful thinking being undermined. I think we've fooled ourselves a bit, hoping for an October release, expecting similar development times as previous episodes and so on.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
not like this. we have a feeling we're near the finish line and then stuff just keeps being added.
I would say it's not an impression, it's DPC saying it directly

when a few reports ago he said that after finishing Bella's run he realized something was missing. if he did the run to test it in theory that means it was finished for him

and then there's this count of animations that never ends, I don't think it's realistic to think that he's adding events, he's just "embellishing/expanding" the ones he had already decided to include in the story, I personally also doubt that they are "sexual" animations.

Reactions: SomboSteel

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think this idea of his, of moving to yearly updates around Christmas, will be good, you know, because we'll then start to associate Christmas with debauchery, perversion, and fapping. It's been already some years since I've lost interest in Christmas; if he keeps up with this plan, I may start to have interest again.
I don't really know the origin of Christmas, like you know, it hijacked some pagan ritual or some shit. But I'm sure those pagan rituals were rife with debauchery and perversion. So this seems only right!

Not that BaDIK is the epitome of debauchery and perversion. It's pretty wholesome compared to most games here. :unsure:

I would say it's not an impression, it's DPC saying it directly

when a few reports ago he said that after finishing Bella's run he realized something was missing. if he did the run to test it in theory that means it was finished for him

and then there's this count of animations that never ends, I don't think it's realistic to think that he's adding events, he's just "embellishing/expanding" the ones he had already decided to include in the story, I personally also doubt that they are "sexual" animations.
If we're lucky he's just polishing the DnG marathon that's sure to be in this episode! :giggle:

Reactions: KristopheH

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If we're lucky he's just polishing the DnG marathon that's sure to be in this episode! :giggle:
actually since DPC was talking about a great episode, it could only be this one!!!:love::love::love::love:

and I also forgot to put it in the top and flop 5 of things we would find in the new chapter:cautious:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: shazba

IllDisposed

Apr 3, 2018
Brothers, I have a question.

So fuckface finds Tybalt's phone during the Preps' a*s-kis**ng party and decides to take a D**k pic on it to "Freak Tybalt out". And the picture somehow ends up on Tybalt's public presentation slide which he displays during his presentation.

My question is: How does any of that work??
Tybalt's presentation was prepared with the help of one of his pledges. I can't remember his name but based on some of the conversations you see him in, as well as what is said by the preps at Becky's party, he does not like Tybalt at all. My money's on Tybalt giving him the phone to put stuff together and him finding the pic and throwing it in there.

Reactions: georsak
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes