Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Brothers, I have a question.

So fuckface finds Tybalt's phone during the Preps' a*s-kis**ng party and decides to take a D**k pic on it to "Freak Tybalt out". And the picture somehow ends up on Tybalt's public presentation slide which he displays during his presentation.

My question is: How does any of that work??
Tybalt didn't scan his pictures folder when transferring from phone to laptop the dickpic was auto-saved into the default picture folder where Tybalt had his presentation stuff saved.
Or, as I suspect, Tyballs paid one of the nerds to make his presentation, and they decided to fuck with him. He didn’t bother to check their work, and voilà! Karma’s Third Leg gets a public viewing!!!

I have a strong suspicion that the nerds are behind the scenes pitting the DIKs against the Jocks.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Anyone could guess why this drastic drop from 12 to 6 animations per week rate?
Bigger animations take more time to render. DPC has previously stated that in ep.9 the animations are usually longer than before. He could speed up things with a few RTX 4090s graphic cards, he's probably going to buy some if he wants to have a shorter release time. He can repay them in just a week, he has a really high income with this successful game.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Bigger animations take more time to render. DPC has previously stated that in ep.9 the animations are usually longer than before. He could speed up things with a few RTX 4090s graphic cards, he's probably going to buy some if he wants to have a shorter release time. He can repay them in just a week, he has a really high income with this successful game.
He shouldn't be buying any until Nvidia sorts out the melting cables. If not, we are going to hear " I will no longer continue developing Being A DIK because of mental anguish due to the loss of melting 4090 gpus. It hurt my business because I spent a lot money upgrading the cards, therefore I cannot continue. "

bigbaer124

Jul 30, 2018
Kinda wild we're waiting more than a year for a single episode. I know that if DPC were to ever hire additional people the quality would most likely diminish. But having to wait this long for a continuation in the story is excruciating. At this rate season 3 would be fully out by 2025. And he has plans for 16-20 episodes?? Dear God.. lol

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
He shouldn't be buying any until Nvidia sorts out the melting cables. If not, we are going to hear " I will no longer continue developing Being A DIK because of mental anguish due to the loss of melting 4090 gpus. It hurt my business because I spent a lot money upgrading the cards, therefore I cannot continue. "
Those idiots buying a 2k worth graphiccard and using the cable adapter to safe 100 bucks on a new supply which wouldnt cause any problems at all... :rolleyes:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Kinda wild we're waiting more than a year for a single episode. I know that if DPC were to ever hire additional people the quality would most likely diminish. But having to wait this long for a continuation in the story is excruciating. At this rate season 3 would be fully out by 2025. And he has plans for 16-20 episodes?? Dear God.. lol
well, you forget, he is putting more animations and renders out in a shorter time than before. And he planned to make the epsiodes a little shorter... well... this one will be the biggest episode ever so far. He didnt intend to do so, but it turned out to be the case...

Name one single game on this page that did more than 4000 renders and 250 animations in a year... 99% of the completed games dont even have these numbers.

The most succesful games around here put out about 2 updates a year, combined with less than 1000 renders and less than 100 animations. Most of these game are NOT a one-man-show like being a dik from DPC.

Overall... DPC is maybe the most productive DEV on F95. By far. and no one can beat his numbers, especially not with this quality in renders and animations combined with the numbers.

Does it bother me to wait so long for updates? Yep... but is there one game out there making the same huge amount of content in the same time? Nope.

And if season 3 is finished in 2025, and the whole game maybe in 2028... so what, at least iam pretty sure he WILL finish it... most of the projects here dont get completed at all. And very very few does have so heavy branching like being a dik... most of the devs cant even handel one branch.

IF he can restrain himself a little, lets say... to 3500 renders and 200 animations for an episode, with better hardware (which he will get soon, iam sure) he would be able to put those updates out about every 6 months. And we will get about 7000 renders and 400-500 animations a year maybe... which are numbers so high above everyone else it isnt even funny anymore.

would it go faster if he would hire a team? of course... would he be able to handle it to work with outhers on his baby? Not until the winter olympics will take place in hell.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Remains!

• The rendering of the animations left should take 6 to 8 weeks.
    • If "planned animations have been posed" true, we can be done in 4-5 weeks at full speed.
    • Release Estimate: 38-42 weeks; Mid-Late December
Every damn friday update is always "animations left should take 6 to 8 weeks"... the Dude keeps adding "stuff": please someone stop him!

:eek:

I do wonder if he might then delay until the new year. Or at least until after Christmas, as he seemed to do with the Steam launch.
Easy: next friday he comes up that he's adding a scene... et voilà, you get a January release.

Reactions: The Dick

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Every damn friday update is always "animations left should take 6 to 8 weeks"... the Dude keeps adding "stuff": please someone stop him!

:eek:

Easy: next friday he comes up that he's adding a scene... et voilà, you get a January release.
I don’t think he would do it to intentionally push the release. As he always releases on a Friday, if that Friday is the 23rd he may think 2 things. 1. People won’t be able to play over Christmas weekend. 2. He doesn’t want to have to work on patches and bug fixes at Christmas. If he pushes to January 4th he avoids the issue.

If he’s done with beta testing to be complete by the 16th, which is possible then I think he’ll release then.

Last edited:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
F95 must be one of the few forum sites on the net where "motherfucker" is a complement! :LOL:
Imagine ... your team scores the winning goal in extra time, while Mum's giving you a BJ. o_O
You are right, f95 is unique hahahaha, I put that in any other forum and it would have been a problem :LOL:

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
I just love this game of telephone.
The official statement was 12 to 16 episodes. In the forum people keep repeating 16, 16 and 16. And now there are people putting 16 as the bare minimun with a maybe 20. I wonder if the next year would be others claiming 24 or more.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

So fuckface finds Tybalt's phone during the Preps' a*s-kis**ng party and decides to take a D**k pic on it to "Freak Tybalt out". And the picture somehow ends up on Tybalt's public presentation slide which he displays during his presentation.

Uh ... the cloud and ... phone data ... pictur-NOW LISTEN HERE, YOU LITTLE SHIIIIET!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week I worked on different tasks, including:
  • Finishing the remaining lewd scenes
  • Wrote three new scenes and made the art for them
  • Polished and expanded a few scenes
  • Wrote bios and added some characters to the Bios app
  • Fixed the credits section for v0.9.0
  • Made the "Previously on Being a DIK" section
  • Added ending screens and end reports
Work that remains:
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game
  • Add music (A couple of scenes remains)
  • Add SFX (A couple of SFX remains)
  • Special renders/2D art (Testing remains)
  • Scenes Gallery (Testing remains)
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude
  • Playtest and polish (40%)
Phone content:
  • Rooster (2 clucks remain)
  • Stats, Bios and Vault (Testing remains)
As you can see, most of the manual work left is testing and polishing the episode.

Further insight:

4887 static renders are complete (0 in the render queue)
The number of animations for episode 9 at the moment is 303.
  • 258 animations are completed
  • 45 animations are in the render queue
The planned animations have been posed, and during this upcoming week, I'll try to estimate how long the render time will be for the entire animation queue.
I will try to finish all tasks in the checklist above aside from the playtest and polish task. Then I will continue to playtest and polish while the animations render. After that, beta testing and proofreading can start.

The truckload of work for episode 9 is almost dealt with. Now it's all about nailing the details.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well, the news may not be rosy, but at least we have numbers! DPC completed 6 animations this week. He also completed 125 static renders in the last two weeks, an average of ~63/week. Overall his average now stands at approximately 143 statics and 7.6 animations per week since the Interlude launched. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, relative to last week DPC trimmed the number of expected animations by about 13, but he also halved the render rate. The means we're now on pace to wrap up animations around Christmas day. Add in time for testing and we'd be looking at an early January release. Now there's decent odds at least some of the remaining animations will be faster to render than they were this week, but given DPC is clearly all in on complex animations and that we know there are still some lewd scenes to render, I don't think we can expect all that much of a speed boost.

If he can keep the rate at ~9 animations/week (i.e. the average of the last three weeks), we might just be able to finish rendering in time to playtest and release before Christmas, which seems like the best case scenario right now. Anything less than that and I can't see a release in 2022; even if DPC is willing to work through the holidays, I'm not sure his beta testers would be. So let's all hope the remaining animations are fairly simple. And let's especially hope that DPC will keep up his numbers kick.

Last edited:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017

The game explains it pretty clearly.

The **** interfaces with ****** leaving a small window for ******* to stop any residual *****.

This is based on the US version of ***** which we assume he’s using based on the scene before (****, ****?).

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
It's only been a problem with cheaply made adapters. If you use a quality power supply, and a well made cable, it's not an issue. One wire per pin works fine, as opposed to the adapters which are using 8 wires for 12 pins. Anyone familiar with electrical engineering could have warned them (and, in fact, DID), but you know, those execs always think safety margins are too big.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
It's not more than a year - the last episode came out eight months ago.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
The game explains it pretty clearly.

The **** interfaces with ****** leaving a small window for ******* to stop any residual *****.

This is based on the US version of ***** which we assume he’s using based on the scene before (****, ****?).
Exactly. This guy gets it. It's so simple.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes