TuanMinh123

Sep 5, 2018
I have a bug when Jill and Isabella met up outside the party and decide to go upstare then Sage, Maya, Josy bring Isa to their room to talk, that's keeping back and fourth and don't move to another scene I feel the game was stuck. Anyone have same problem with me?

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
It would be nice to do a poll on Episode 9 and see the average opinion.
It's certainly more divisive than any other episode I remember releasing. DPC acknowledged the development time backlash a few weeks ago, I wonder if he'll say something about this episode's polarizing reception.
But I'm not in his discord server, so perhaps the people who did not enjoy this episode are just a vocal minority...

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I will do what I want - criticize other people's opinions, be in opposition if I see fit and will always stay on my line as much as allowed by the rules of the site.
I got what I wanted from the episode. Huge crazy party. This made up for the slow progression of the storyline for me. Being a DIK in the ninth episode was as canonical as possible by the first season.
And those dorm girls whose names I can't even remember (Becky, Penny and who else?) They're not from the MC league anyway - who needs them when there are MG's, HOT's and Pink Rose strippers? I'm surprised that anyone is upset about the lack of scenes with them.
But that is the entire point. The episode is called "the vixens" and the vixens, as showed by dpc are referred to these new unkown girls. And they didn't add anything to this episode at the end. At the end of the day it was a joke of an episode. People waited for a year for this episode to come out and it was only boring free roams. There was no progression to the story, Zoey that had an entire interlude, didn't add much, the vixens didn't add anything. It was only a party with a sex scene at the end with your favorite LI. Only who was on "others" path, could have some real fun in the party lol. For me it is like this update didn't even happen. But ofc you are entitled to give your opinion, but DPC naming the episode the vixens, portraiting the vixens with the new girls, and they add nothing to the episode was an antecipated april fool prank.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Damn, looks like I'm in the minority who liked Episode 9.
I can't call it the best, it doesn't come close to the mind-blowing Ep.7 and 8, but it's just good. Just a different feeling, a different experience.
It looks like the DPC is experimenting with different mechanics and decided to make a giant party with 70% free roam. This episode was meant to be relaxing fun in Being a DIK canon, but DPC didn't take that there is a group that doesn't like free roams, mini-games and wants the story to continue as soon as possible.
It would be nice to do a poll on Episode 9 and see the average opinion.
i just think the underlined part is kinda funny because we waited a year IRL for just this episode, of course people want things to actually progress at a semi-reasonable rate haha. if i can keep my interest in this game, i dont look forward to having grandkids by the time its a finished story lol

he made (arguably) better content at a faster rate in the past, with less free time and less money to devote to it. that means something, if you ask me...

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
How many Romances have you read? When a love interest says that, it's a foreshadowing not a warning.
hah while I hope you're right since I really like Lily, I will admit I don't fully trust an author who, in his previous game, made the player choose to let one of the key characters and potential LI burn to death. :ROFLMAO:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It's certainly more divisive than any other episode I remember releasing. DPC acknowledged the development time backlash a few weeks ago, I wonder if he'll say something about this episode's polarizing reception.
But I'm not in his discord server, so perhaps the people who did not enjoy this episode are just a vocal minority...
I checked his Patreon, it's skyrocketing amid the release. It was 11700 at the beginning of the month, 13400 at the time of release, now it is already 14700. If the majority were really disappointed, there would be an exodus of subscribers from Patreon. I'm interested to see the final numbers by the end of the month - Episode 8 gave him a record 17,500 patrons.
So most likely it's just a loud minority, but the same drama was after the release of Interlude.

Reactions: QBaSS

SomeOldFart

Nov 18, 2017
Ok, I have been through the story 4 different ways from imported uploads and I still cant make this one Josy Reward pop. Has anyone gotten it and how did you do it? Please help? :)

josy.png

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
i just think the underlined part is kinda funny because we waited a year IRL for just this episode, of course people want things to actually progress at a semi-reasonable rate haha. if i can keep my interest in this game, i dont look forward to having grandkids by the time its a finished story lol

he made (arguably) better content at a faster rate in the past, with less free time and less money to devote to it. that means something, if you ask me...
The issue is ambition. Two things to consider:

1) Technical quality and attention to detail. It's easy to get spoiled, but there's so much work evident in these renders and animations that it's mind boggling that one person can produce all this content.

2) So many characters on screen! This update was dominated by large party scenes with 10 or more characters in foreground and background. This makes it extremely challenging from a computational standpoint. Updates featuring scenes with fewer characters would likely feel 'longer', because it would be so much easier to render simple scenes.

So, there was a noticeable tradeoff in development time to meet these goals and to make it 'feel' like a party. I think DPC succeeded in his goal. Whether that was worthwhile appears to be contentious among the players.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can anyone get better than a "It's decent" on the first party planning stage?? I must've done this 3 times and that's the best he gave me.
Tommy's evaluation is based solely on whether you meet all his personal needs. (if it's all 4, then he'll praise you, otherwise it's decent for 3, and shit for less) In other words, don't pay much attention to it. :v

Reactions: Nanar4849
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes