Smackotron

Apr 15, 2020
Honestly I understand why people feel underwhelmed by ep9 - I thought so too after finishing my blind playthrough (which happens to be DIK Sage path) and felt a little sad by the same points that the majority of disappointed people highlight - seems underwhelming, not a lot of content compared to ep8, no meaningful plot advancement, too much free roam etc...
So I have replayed the whole game 6 times over the span of several days covering all major branches, and now I appreciate ep9 for what it is - an opening to Season 3.
By now we can all agree that we can trust the good Doctor when it comes to storytelling, and we needed this party tailored to all of the branches for each of them to work when it comes to the bigger picture - yes, that meant less content for a single branch, and it was heart-breaking to see the breakups when you are emotionally invested in each of the relationships across multiple saves, but honestly I feel that people who complain the most just have 1 or 2 saves and did not get to experience all of the content.

Going forwards seeing that we have "cheat" points introduced now, we will see most (or maybe even all/depending on choices?) branches overlap at some stage and from both story and development perspective that makes sense. Will MC feel like crap about cheating? Yes he most certainly will, but that's classic DrPinkCake play on emotions.
Ep8 had everything - character development, plot advancement, relationships advancement (or rather choices and consequences wrap up), plot twists and plenty of sexy content because it was a season finale, that is what it needed to be. Ep12 will be the same, and the brand new journey towards that has just begun. Interlude provided plot advancement (or whatever you wish to call it - it still was a plot heavy release), and now we get the sex focused episode. Ep10 will either be plot focused or balanced for sure (Christmas party will probably be in ep11 or 12 unless it's rushed).

I don't feel disappointed anymore - I feel excited for what's to come - each branch ended on amazingly great cliff-hanger alongside Derek's discovery(the battery in the bug is low, so that's why it was not flashing before and he did not notice it sooner), can't wait to explore them all further!!! ("don't fall in love with me" struck a special chord for me)

That being said even further branching with the new LI girls (that being said who the fuck is that blue-eyed masked girl? very mysterious) might seem like a red flag to development times, but theories aside we shall see the impact of that in ep10 for sure.

In conclusion - don't get your DIK soft, brothers - this is still THE best VN out there. Cheers to the good Doctor!

PS:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 18, 2022
My personal ranking of women's Halloween costumes. It was quite difficult to decide, there are a lot of cool outfits, some of which support the boner, others are more from an aesthetic point of view. Some looked cringe, but about them separately.

1.Without any doubt, this is Quinn costume. It is a pity that she is a member of the jury and you can not vote for her. The sexy succubus just blew this place up. Badass, hot and artistic at the same time.
View attachment 2253733
Oh yeah, and those claws are pretty good to prank Sally. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 2253734

2. Riona. Feline good tonight? Cute and sexy kitty. And Sage said that Rio put a lot of effort into making this costume. View attachment 2254356
View attachment 2254361

3.Zoey as a demon. She looks good in revealing latex and this Venetian carnival mask. Original. The best eye makeup of all, well, except that Lily can compete on this point.
View attachment 2254373
View attachment 2254374

4.Josy the petite fairy. I know she and Maya both wear the same costumes, but it fits Josy better. And for the first time we see Josy with her hair let go.
View attachment 2254376

View attachment 2254377

5. Lily. It's not exactly a Halloween costume, but I like the cool makeup and punk look. View attachment 2254379

Also noteworthy: Jill in a bee costume, Elena McTitty cowgirl, and Bella the slutty mummy. Expected more from my girl Sage - a slutty schoolgirl is certainly sexy, but a little corny.

About cringe costumes: it's of course Swyper fat girl who tries to ruin the contest(seriously, who wears a Santa costume for Halloween)
But a winner for a most cringe costume is definitely this: View attachment 2254388
What the fuck is she wearing? (c) Sage
Jill
when MC on her route. Just...why?:HideThePain:
First, why are the costumes different, why doesn't she dress the bee in this case?
Secondly, did she decide to humiliate her boyfriend, who hangs out in the company of cool guys? Or is this DPC trolling and he doesn't like Jill... I don't know.
Ind third.... JILL, BANANA IT'S A JOSY'S THING! YOU STOL HER SUBJECT! HOW DO I LOOK AT JOSY PLAYING WITH A BANANA IN THE LIBRARY WHEN I KNOW THIS IS WAITING FOR ME?:KEK:
This was my list of costumes. Which costumes did you like the most, and which caused facepalm?
The different costumes for Jill make sense though. If she's not with the MC, Bianca is continuing to try to push Jill out of her shell. If she's with the MC, Jill is still insecure about being sexy but will probably (hopefully) come into her own by the time DPC finishes the game. Now if Jill dressed as a turtle...#TurtleJillIsBestJill

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
I think Tybalt could play a positive role in the future, if you were never aggressive towards him/let the preps in on parties(building bridges) and so on. He's kind of a punching bag atm, but I truly believe the players will be punished by the end if they were stomping him all the time.

Vex0

Jun 2, 2019
I'm stuck on 'Talk to the Ghost' i've already spoken to her in the hallway, now I can't find her again and i've done every other task and passed the vinny scene.. anyone know what to do?

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
This was my list of costumes. Which costumes did you like the most, and which caused facepalm?
1. Totally agree that Quinn’s costume is the best, it’s very well done and fits perfectly with the theme.

2. Derek’s spaceman outfit looks insane, and the exposed ass cheeks made me chuckle.

3. Nick is also on point even though I despise him. The mask is almost cheating since he didn’t need to worry about makeup or his eyes.

4. Jamie’s magician was pretty well done, and Franz the queer rabbit looked adorable

Honorable mention of Zoey’s costume. However I feel like most of the reason for it looking so good, is because Zoey is an absolute alt-bombshell rather than the outfit/ makeup being particularly complex.

That’s also a general sentiment of mine, a lot of people including the MC not wearing anything horror themed, but they just look good because of how pretty the models are.

The worst was the banana even though it made me chuckle. Most of the strippers basically just wore lingerie like Mel and Sarah. They still look hot, but their costumes suck. Sage’s costume is also very basic.

Lamset312

Mar 22, 2019
I'm stuck on 'Talk to the Ghost' i've already spoken to her in the hallway, now I can't find her again and i've done every other task and passed the vinny scene.. anyone know what to do?
You need to talk to her only once, when she is in a right hallway. If you have this task again it's a bug

Smackotron

Apr 15, 2020
I think Tybalt could play a positive role in the future, if you were never aggressive towards him/let the preps in on parties(building bridges) and so on. He's kind of a punching bag atm, but I truly believe the players will be punished by the end if they were stomping him all the time.
I feel that our MC is the karma for the guy - like Sage says there is nobody standing up to him, and he needs to be taken down from his high horse. By allying with the freshmen preps we might see the most satisfying outcome for the bastard.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Honestly I understand why people feel underwhelmed by ep9 - I thought so too after finishing my blind playthrough (which happens to be DIK Sage path) and felt a little sad by the same points that the majority of disappointed people highlight - seems underwhelming, not a lot of content compared to ep8, no meaningful plot advancement, too much free roam etc...
So I have replayed the whole game 6 times over the span of several days covering all major branches, and now I appreciate ep9 for what it is - an opening to Season 3.
By now we can all agree that we can trust the good Doctor when it comes to storytelling, and we needed this party tailored to all of the branches for each of them to work when it comes to the bigger picture - yes, that meant less content for a single branch, and it was heart-breaking to see the breakups when you are emotionally invested in each of the relationships across multiple saves, but honestly I feel that people who complain the most just have 1 or 2 saves and did not get to experience all of the content.

Going forwards seeing that we have "cheat" points introduced now, we will see most (or maybe even all/depending on choices?) branches overlap at some stage and from both story and development perspective that makes sense. Will MC feel like crap about cheating? Yes he most certainly will, but that's classic DrPinkCake play on emotions.
Ep8 had everything - character development, plot advancement, relationships advancement (or rather choices and consequences wrap up), plot twists and plenty of sexy content because it was a season finale, that is what it needed to be. Ep12 will be the same, and the brand new journey towards that has just begun. Interlude provided plot advancement (or whatever you wish to call it - it still was a plot heavy release), and now we get the sex focused episode. Ep10 will either be plot focused or balanced for sure (Christmas party will probably be in ep11 or 12 unless it's rushed).

I don't feel disappointed anymore - I feel excited for what's to come - each branch ended on amazingly great cliff-hanger alongside Derek's discovery(the battery in the bug is low, so that's why it was not flashing before and he did not notice it sooner), can't wait to explore them all further!!! ("don't fall in love with me" struck a special chord for me)

That being said even further branching with the new LI girls (that being said who the fuck is that blue-eyed masked girl? very mysterious) might seem like a red flag to development times, but theories aside we shall see the impact of that in ep10 for sure.

In conclusion - don't get your DIK soft, brothers - this is still THE best VN out there. Cheers to the good Doctor!

PS:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well said, but for me personally I was never disappointed.
Ep9 is a SETUP episode for the rest of the season. Interlude was interesting way to understand Zoey, yet MC doesn't understand her like we do. We as the players know more than the MC.

The theories make sense, specially about Rio's feeling of being watched. It's not just drugs, it's a prostitution ring too since Quinn sells sex, she's a pimp and drug dealer.

I believe DPC knows what he is doing, so I'm all for it. Replayed the episode quite a few times and I enjoyed it.
I just believe that it being episode 9, people expected late game content, and not a setup episode that sets up the rest of the season, specially after Interlude which is also a character setup episode.

From the Bella's Christmas thing, to the police, crime... Season 3 will end in a dark way, and we are being setup for things going out of MC's control. Only thing he gets to control now is his character and faithfulness.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Everyone is stomping him, even his own sister does and i kind of feel bad for him to be fair lol, but that's what you get for being an asshole.

MC barely has any contacts with him, he just comes into his way and gets punished for it, i actually have no problem with preps just with him, i even let them coming to the party even though Tommy said to not let them.

As long as he remains a douchebag, he will be treated as one since the problem is at him and not anyone else.

I actually find him more annoying than Chad, i find Chad a decent guy who's acting erratic because of his sexual orientation insecurity while Tybalt is being a jerk for no reason.

Last edited:

Smackotron

Apr 15, 2020
Well said, but for me personally I was never disappointed.
Ep9 is a SETUP episode for the rest of the season. Interlude was interesting way to understand Zoey, yet MC doesn't understand her like we do. We as the players know more than the MC.

The theories make sense, specially about Rio's feeling of being watched. It's not just drugs, it's a prostitution ring too since Quinn sells sex, she's a pimp and drug dealer.

I believe DPC knows what he is doing, so I'm all for it. Replayed the episode quite a few times and I enjoyed it.
I just believe that it being episode 9, people expected late game content, and not a setup episode that sets up the rest of the season, specially after Interlude which is also a character setup episode.

From the Bella's Christmas thing, to the police, crime... Season 3 will end in a dark way, and we are being setup for things going out of MC's control. Only thing he gets to control now is his character and faithfulness.
Yep, fully with you on pre-amble of Season 3 of the story.
I feel that there is a reason why we get a recap of 5 girl highlights after each episode in 1-8 - they are the main focus of the game. And even on the Others path we will eventually circle back (as per 101 story writing).
That being said, the recap of ep9 derives from that concept, so it could go deeper if the Doctor decides(especially with Zoey being back as potential LI), I guess we shall see.

Reactions: The Glorious LIME

Smackotron

Apr 15, 2020
I don't want to believe it, but it's probably true. Perhaps the author has a penchant for dark plots (remembering "Acting Lessons"), like Alfred Hitchcock. :(
Dude, we are definitely down that path both Vinny-wise and cheating-wise. Not even mentioning the theories. In fact I am expecting that from DrPinkCake - see the very first post of the thread, I believe he intends to go that way eventually.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Yupp, being a DPC enjoyer, I'm not expecting a rainbow ending. He likes to build complex, morally gray and dark stories.
Season 3 started with 2 setup episodes, which means that the rest is likely gonna start spire out of control.
Season 3 will be the biggest one yet, so I do enjoy this calm before the storm with ep9.

DPC loves his dark twists, and I'm all here for it.

And truth be told, BaDIK has by far the largest cast(from the games I played). Yet he manages to make the game feel not clunky and overloaded. So he can build his twist however he wants.

It's not like I play BaDIK with the mentality "Fuck yeah, can't wait for characters to die or be sexually abused", but after AL, I am interested in what he does this time. My only hope is, that it's not an end game situation. I'd actually love if the dark twist happens in S3, and we get another Season with a bit older cast(1 year later) dealing with the consequence/fallout. In AL it was at the real end point, and we get a small epilogue after that. I'd actually enjoy a fallout season, if that makes sense. And not just an epilogue

EDIT: Woot woot, member status, passed 100 posts xD

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
The different costumes for Jill make sense though. If she's not with the MC, Bianca is continuing to try to push Jill out of her shell. If she's with the MC, Jill is still insecure about being sexy but will probably (hopefully) come into her own by the time DPC finishes the game. Now if Jill dressed as a turtle...#TurtleJillIsBestJill
Yes, while it can be concluded that Jill, if she with MC, doesn't come out of her shell, she has not yet developed as a character.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes