Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The question is: what relationship? MC offered it, but did Sage really accept it? It doesn't seem so to me.
She already accepted it in Ep. 8.

Also in that case it can be even more telling when you don't play the Sage path and see what she is telling the MC, when he announces to her, that he will move on with a committed relationship with someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crepusculum

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think they weren't really the last to accept emotional involvement, but were the last to REALIZE (admit to themselves) they are already emotionally involved.
I said 'accept' precisely in that sense
And in Sages leaf conversation "I've told you things i haven't told"
a phrase that well or poorly all LIs have said or understated even well before

having confidence to open up a little is not that much of a requirement for a relationship, some people do it quietly even with friends.

Sage has this problem with confiding, talking about feelings, and for her it is a big exception, ok. but it remains a limit not yet overcome (a bit like Maya who trusted more with each passing)
She already accepted it in Ep. 8.

Also in that case it can be even more telling when you don't play the Sage path and see what she is telling the MC, when he announces to her, that he will move on with a committed relationship with someone else.
I have seen more enthusiastic adhesions....

mc "But, even so, I feel that I need to make you understand that it's what I'm going for."
mc "Don't get me wrong, having you as a friend is great. We can talk about so many things that I don't talk about with a lot of people."
mc "But I'm coming for you in other ways. Maybe not today, but soon."
mc "Long-term, I want more than to be friends with you."
sa "Wow... You're really putting all your cards on the table."
mc "It's easy to let relationships turn into friendships if you don't say these words. And I don't want that."
mc "I mean, I want your friendship, too. But also the other stuff."
sa "Haha... Stuff like what? Sex? Because you already have that."
mc "Not just sex. You know, dates... Long talks at night. Sleepovers."
sa "Handholding, cuddling, kissing...?"
mc "Yes. And don't make fun of me."
sa "It's, uh..."
mc "Don't you want that with someone? At all?"
sa "I do. But I guess I never met someone who wanted to do those things, too."
mc "You're looking at him."

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
If DIK was a 4-6 months time between updates i would've had a much easier time letting go, right now, there is a sort of desperation in the back of my mind knowing AT BEST its 7month away until the next update.

Maybe that's just me.
Longer periods between updates tend to raise our expectations, so i don't think you're the only one.... And besides that DPC already set the standards high for himself. We will expect him to do better each time and our expectations only grow during the time we wait... But when it's finally complete nothing like that matters anymore, anybody downloading the completed 4/5 seasons, 16 or 20 episodes... They see the game as one... Anybody that didn't play it already will just have expectations based on how they came to find it.... And then it's a big game too with several chapters so it's more about the total then the separate updates... But yeah.... Until then we will have to cope with the waiting times and our expectations. But's it's worth it so far...

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Let's talk about Burke.

In my opinion, his business is to supply old rich people with sugar babies/prostitutes. This is done under cover of a donation to the university to finance scholarships.

He offers desperate students to finance their education in exchange for a "privileged" relationship with a generous donor.

Mona needed to finance her schooling, she met Burke, and we know how the meeting ends. Then we learn that she is leaving college. Burke is seen deleting his scholarship recipient file.

What's weird is why Burke agreed to take Mona into his business when she was in the process of joining HOT? When Maya tells him that she is a HOT, he gives up on including her in his system.

Either Quinn was going to make sure Mona didn't pass HOT selection, or there's something else.

And I think the person Burke is calling is Quinn. (Quinn, queen, chess piece, nickname given by her father and which she takes as a first name; Burke addresses her by her official first name present on her file)

He calls her because he is not happy to know that rumors were circulating about HOTs and a scholarship.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Let's talk about Burke.

In my opinion, his business is to supply old rich people with sugar babies/prostitutes. This is done under cover of a donation to the university to finance scholarships.

He offers desperate students to finance their education in exchange for a "privileged" relationship with a generous donor.

Mona needed to finance her schooling, she met Burke, and we know how the meeting ends. Then we learn that she is leaving college. Burke is seen deleting his scholarship recipient file.

What's weird is why Burke agreed to take Mona into his business when she was in the process of joining HOT? When Maya tells him that she is a HOT, he gives up on including her in his system.

Either Quinn was going to make sure Mona didn't pass HOT selection, or there's something else.

And I think the person Burke is calling is Quinn. (Quinn, queen, chess piece, nickname given by her father and which she takes as a first name; Burke addresses her by her official first name present on her file)

He calls her because he is not happy to know that rumors were circulating about HOTs and a scholarship.
It would be incredibly funny if it was Quinn who actually called Burke. It turns out that Quinn goes to meet him in Episode 10 and invites the MC to take a walk (if you are on the Quinn route). It's just hilarious if MC gets home to...Burke again. Jade will definitely be "glad" for a second surprise visit.:KEK:

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
I said 'accept' precisely in that sense

a phrase that well or poorly all LIs have said or understated even well before

having confidence to open up a little is not that much of a requirement for a relationship, some people do it quietly even with friends.

Sage has this problem with confiding, talking about feelings, and for her it is a big exception, ok. but it remains a limit not yet overcome (a bit like Maya who trusted more with each passing)

I have seen more enthusiastic adhesions....

mc "But, even so, I feel that I need to make you understand that it's what I'm going for."
mc "Don't get me wrong, having you as a friend is great. We can talk about so many things that I don't talk about with a lot of people."
mc "But I'm coming for you in other ways. Maybe not today, but soon."
mc "Long-term, I want more than to be friends with you."
sa "Wow... You're really putting all your cards on the table."
mc "It's easy to let relationships turn into friendships if you don't say these words. And I don't want that."
mc "I mean, I want your friendship, too. But also the other stuff."
sa "Haha... Stuff like what? Sex? Because you already have that."
mc "Not just sex. You know, dates... Long talks at night. Sleepovers."
sa "Handholding, cuddling, kissing...?"
mc "Yes. And don't make fun of me."
sa "It's, uh..."
mc "Don't you want that with someone? At all?"
sa "I do. But I guess I never met someone who wanted to do those things, too."
mc "You're looking at him."
I think it's a matter of interpretation, reading this i heard "i want it, but i suppressed it because i didn't think ill get it, I'm open to it, with you"

I'm a year or so we'll see if i interpreted correctly

Longer periods between updates tend to raise our expectations, so i don't think you're the only one.... And besides that DPC already set the standards high for himself. We will expect him to do better each time and our expectations only grow during the time we wait... But when it's finally complete nothing like that matters anymore, anybody downloading the completed 4/5 seasons, 16 or 20 episodes... They see the game as one... Anybody that didn't play it already will just have expectations based on how they came to find it.... And then it's a big game too with several chapters so it's more about the total then the separate updates... But yeah.... Until then we will have to cope with the waiting times and our expectations. But's it's worth it so far...
Yeah i agree.
Don't really "care" about the people seeing at all one when it comes out, as well, that's nobody right now, or in at least 3-4 years.

I'm not complaining, i don't think we're entitled to demand anything, was just sharing how it made me feel.

Reactions: vogelbeest

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
No matter how this game ends I expect massive backlash for PinkCake, similar to GoT or ME3. Especially on this forum.
But judging on the following which this game has and that it made more waves than any NSFW game I know - saw screens from BADIK on russian gaming newsportal etc etc, Cake already outdid himself and 95% of the devs in here. Of course there are games like SubVerse and others which had massive ad campaigns in comparison to DIK, but their profit/resources in comparison to this dev is completel different, so dude has achieved a lot already. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to move into SFW game development and will try to form small indie-team once this story is finished.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Trojaner A bit off topic, how does one donate?
No matter how this game ends I expect massive backlash for PinkCake, similar to GoT or ME3. Especially on this forum.
But judging on the following which this game has and that it made more waves than any NSFW game I know - saw screens from BADIK on russian gaming newsportal etc etc, Cake already outdid himself and 95% of the devs in here. Of course there are games like SubVerse and others which had massive ad campaigns in comparison to DIK, but their profit/resources in comparison to this dev is completel different, so dude has achieved a lot already. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to move into SFW game development and will try to form small indie-team once this story is finished.
I'm all for DPC telling the story he wants to tell. I for one liked the end of AL. I know there was big backlash about it's end, but hey, his next game is one of the largest ever in the genre. So even if a part of the community hates BaDIKs end, 90% of the people will try his third game if he makes one and probably love it.

Most of these games are made by a single person, so I appreciate the effort and just enjoy the ride DPC(or any other creator) sets for us.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
Trojaner A bit off topic, how does one donate?

I'm all for DPC telling the story he wants to tell. I for one liked the end of AL. I know there was big backlash about it's end, but hey, his next game is one of the largest ever in the genre. So even if a part of the community hates BaDIKs end, 90% of the people will try his third game if he makes one and probably love it.

Most of these games are made by a single person, so I appreciate the effort and just enjoy the ride DPC(or any other creator) sets for us.
From what i learned here and on reddit, most of these games are created by multiple people, DPC is the odd one out.

And i agree, i haven't seen anything he made, AL or any DIK that i didn't love and think was high quality, and i believe the majority of people feel the same

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
At this point 80% of my comments here must be about Sage. But what can I say, I love the character.

To me, Sage's relationship progresses in a completely different way than the other LI's routes. While the others needed to first establish an emotional connection before getting in bed with MC (this is especially true for Bella and Jill), Sage is the complete opposite.
The way I see it, the point of her relationship is getting to know the real Sage, romantically and sexually. We already know that she loves sex and wants to experiment a lot of new stuff with MC, but that's because she's a lot more open to talk about sex than anything else.
The real "challenge" of her route is to bring out that sweet and caring Sage that we see in Season 2. Sure, she was an emotional mess in that season, but that's when she also realized that the MC cares about her a lot more than she thought.
During those episodes, we see that she has her guard down when it comes to emotions, and that's why we bonded (emotionally) so much with her. That, to me, is the point of her character arc: to show Sage that it's okay to let your guard down to the ones you care about. And when she finally realizes that, the "romantic" Sage will be a lot more common to see.

I agree with the fact that she's not as emotionally involved with us as the other LI's are (she likes us a lot, don't get me wrong, but she's not IN LOVE yet) but that will happen with time. If the whole point of her relationship was just to try sex stuff, then we would have no challenge or goals as a couple because, like she says:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If sex was really all that is to her, why would DPC make her a main girl in the first place? She could just be a side girl and nothing would be different. Or, narrative wise, she could just refuse MC's proposition and tell him that she only wants to be a fuckbuddy.

Of course, her route will be a lot kinkier than Jill's and Bella's combined, but that doesn't mean it will be just that.
I have no problem with how Sage was portrayed in this chapter, it's completely in character with her. They are in a party and she's finally free to try out new stuff in bed that she didn't got to do before, and what we see in episode is her finally letting loose after all these years. But I would also like to see, in the next episode, how she will behave with us in private when the environment is appropriate for a more serious approach to their relationship.

The sad truth is that we will have to wait for 7-9 more months in order to see how things will progress.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
My only problem with Sage is that she stayed with Chad for over 2 years without any type of sexual contact, what did she think he was waiting for marriage to have sex?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes