funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
That depends on who you ask. If you ask DPC himself, he might just answer something like this:

View attachment 2720833

That's from his latest status update, BTW. :rolleyes:
The quality will eventually reach a point where DPC might as well just cut to the chase and hire actors and a film crew and just film the fucking thing..

Rendering in 4K is in my opinion and experience a complete waste of time and drive space.

Reactions: ttt_ and Webleten

Oraculo

Dec 25, 2018
Ok, I lied, its time to dive into the beautiful character that is Envy/Nicole.

First off, some facts:
  • She 30.
  • She didn't go to college because she got pregnant (therefore roughly 12 years ago).
  • She was married and is now divorced.
  • She has a child (possibly the 12 year old).
  • She's a stripper.
  • She used to fuck clients but doesn't anymore (she made an exception for the mc).
Ok, now that shit is out of the way let's get down to the good stuff:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now most of those pics were just included for fun. The reality is, for a character who has been married, divorced, a single mother, stripping for a living, she actually seems really chill and down to earth. In spite of the entire cliché that is her life, once you get to know her character, she comes across really genuine. And she genuinely really likes the mc even though she never intended to.

At one point she was my favourite character, but now it's a three way tie between Nicole, Lily & Quinn. o_O

Got it! You like women with emotional problems in their baggage. To me, Nicole and Lily are well developed characters. I don't doubt at all if Lily is an undercover DEA agent, investigating who is dealing drugs in the B&R.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: wrath09

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Rendering in 4K is in my opinion and experience a complete waste of time and drive space.
4K is four times as big as 1080p, after all. It is a very big leap indeed.

The renders in the game are FHD. I understand it means that it is the resolution of the renders he creates for the game. Or am I misunderstanding it? :unsure:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
4K is four times as big as 1080p, after all. It is a very big leap indeed.

The renders in the game are FHD. I understand it means that it is the resolution of the renders he creates for the game. Or am I misunderstanding it? :unsure:
Well, the trick is to render in 4K and then reduce the actual results, which results in slightly better details even for 1080P. But the point is, is it honestly really needed? Because DPC uses depth of field and focal distance settings really well, like what professional photographers do using SLR cameras and professional equipment.

Doing the 4K then reduce trick, just takes a fuckton more time to create a render for what maybe 4 to 10% improvement (at best)!?

Reactions: tiopleura

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Well, the trick is to render in 4K and then reduce the actual results, which results in slightly better details even for 1080P. But the point is, is it honestly really needed? Because DPC uses depth of field and focal distance settings really well, like what professional photographers do using SLR cameras and professional equipment.

Doing the 4K then reduce trick, just takes a fuckton more time to create a render for what maybe 4 to 10% improvement (at best)!?
Ah, I see. So he actually first renders in 4K. I did not know that.

And if the gained final quality over just rendering in FHD from the beginning is as moderate as you say (only 4 to 10 percent better quality), then I have to agree that it hardly looks like a decent payoff.

sampow

May 14, 2023
Got it! You like women with emotional problems in their baggage. To me, Nicole and Lily are well developed characters. I don't doubt at all if Lily is an undercover DEA agent, investigating who is dealing drugs in the B&R.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Sure Quinn is fucked up galore, but Nicole and Lily? Nicole and Lily seem to be two of the most casual and composed characters in the game (and well developed as you say). Compare them to the actual main LIs:
  • Bella: We know she has some significant psychological trauma, if the mc understood the reason for her persona, he retrospectively suggests he would never have kissed her but called for help instead. That's some fucked up shit.
  • Jill: She's kinda stupid, and used to have major hangups about sex (good to see she's tackled that last one)
  • Josy: She's cool, and super cute.
  • Maya: She's been fucked over by her dad all her life and relies on others to solve her problems. She has low self esteme and is confused about her sexuality.
  • Sage: By her own admission, she has trouble discussing emotions and is prone to bouts of anger.
And then some of the side characters:
  • Arieth: Maybe one or two braincells?.
  • Ashley: Caught up in a love triangle with two morons.
  • Becky: Narcissistic bitch.
  • Bianca: Husband's cheating on her and she's lusting after her close friend's boyfriend.
  • Camila: Prostituting herself and feeling ashamed about it.
  • Cathy: Lonely sex-starved teacher.
  • Elena: Exhibitionist but she seems quite level headed.
  • Heather: In a loveless relationship being constantly cheated on.
  • Jade: In a hateful marriage with a sleezy husband, and getting sexually involved with a student.
  • Lynette: Dead.
  • Karen: Shy girl with heaps of physical handicaps (allergies to everything, hearing and sight problems), and scared of everything.
  • Melanie: Fairly easy going.
  • Mona: Ruined her life by regretting getting into a prostitution ring.
  • Riona: Low self esteem (thanks to that cunt Quinn), can't trust her friends. Drawn into Quinn's financial issues. She's paranoid (hang on, it's not paranoia if someone is actually following you :unsure:).
  • Sally: Angry little bitch for seemingly no good reason.
  • Sandy: Insane?
  • Sarah: Same as Mel, pretty chill.
  • Tara: Boyfriend's cheating on her every chance he gets.
  • Zoey: Casual, friendly girl who wasted her inheritance from her grandma on a whim, skipped out on completing high school, but then got her life back into gear, finished school via correspondence, and now has every DIK drooling at her feet. She's doing well. :sneaky:
So almost every character in the game has some sort of emotional problem or other problem that is currently defining them. And of the three girls I listed, only one of them, Quinn, has major problems. Nicole may have a son, but who's to say that is a problem to her? Plenty of single mothers out there enjoying their lives (plenty not though...)

And Lily being a narc? I like the theory, but I don't subscribe to it. Vinny is a bigger player than Quinn, and Lily's moved on from him without a bust, and she's already buying from Quinn, so she's broken the college drug ring already, and what's she doing about it? She's toking it up. Nah, she's not a narc, she's making bank now stripping with the intention to move into healthcare. She knows what she wants.

Anyway, bottom line, you choose any three girls from the game, and there's a huge chance that at least one of them has emotional problems or baggage; doesn't mean that's your type.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes