Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Holy fucking shit, I read the whole damn thing. How long did it take you to even organize all this... FUCK.

I'm gonna focus on the Sage bit obviously, but all the points you made are valid and credible and the Acting Lessons comparisons... just Perfection.
Thx, bro. I greatly appreciate it.
But seems you hadn't read a whole thing, bc I mentioned it at the end of the post. 15 hours, 2-3h per day, since I had an intense week. I limited myself a bit, bc attachments number for post limited to #64 and I decided to save some material for future posts.
Noticed that you're panicking about the "In lieu of flowers" thing, yeah the phrase in on itself has a meaning and we can read into that.
But in the context of Sage and Fuckface asking each other out,

Sage: "In lieu of a flower. You like the weather and leaves, right?"

in here In lieu of meant Instead of. I think she chose the synonym to make the sentence appropriate, and the leaf(yeah I know it's just a leaf but its not what it is... it's what it represents) to make the moment more you know memorable and meaningful.

Giving Fuckface a leaf instead of a flower... you know since he's into weather and leaves changing colors, so much. Just realizing canon Fuckface got kink for leaves(hopefully Fuckface doesn't go around sticking his dick in Jamie's plants)
I decided to use names which DPC used in Steam version to designate each MG branch. And since the phrase sounds like a French, I decided to google what it means. The result was very surprising to me. Before, I really thought it was just about comparing a flower with a leaf, like, "a leaf instead of a flower" words play. Probably, it's really innocent thing and there is nothing to care about, but why the hell he used such a "special" phrase? If google search suggests the first results as a funeral terminology, then it means it used more occasionally. Why not choose something less provocative?

DPC is obsessed with symbolism and duality, in a good term. It gives me a reason to think about it. Like, you know, what's the EP10 title? "The calm before the snow" - DPCs really like this kind of thing because it's both exciting and intriguing for the player. Following the logic of duality, what else could it mean? A flower is a symbol of completeness, or as a kind of classic "romantic" gift and compared to an ordinary leaf from a tree, as a symbol of simplicity, or as a kind of "simple" gift. And what if this is a comparison of a full-fledged and far-reaching relationship (flower), which some expect so much, with a short but bright affair (leaf) ?

Man, I gotta tell ya I thought about this multiple times and yeah I totally agree with you. People saying Sage acting like a crazy nymphomaniac in ep9 while they're not wrong but the fuck did they expect from Sage? for her to act like a virgin princess? I think she will do it if you ask nicely.

But let's get back on topic yes she was a bit overzealous but what really happening is she's trying to fit an entire relationship in the span of 6 months.

For example, after putting pumpkin pulp in Tyballs bed she wanted to go overboard and put pulp in his suit but before that she just stands like this... maybe I'm reading into it but come on.
I absolutely agree. Her dialogue with Quinn during a Halloween party planning, when she began to regret and showed a kind of disappointment with how her student years passed, from the position of a 4th-year student who has 6 months before a new adult and probably boring life. Sage mentioned fellow students with whom she meets periodically and who tell her about their lives and how it's not fun. Quinn encouraged her to go wild in last months to remember them and not regret of anything later. Well, after that we have the option to immediately arrange a threesome with them...

This is how I see their "relationships" and Sage attitude. While some expect dates, restaurants and walks in the park, I see it in a completely different way. And her morning conversation with MC and DIKs only gives me more conviction in this. I won't say that it fully excludes any romantic and cute moments, she is a girl finally... but it's a secondary thing, not a primary in a case with Sage.

And after when Sage graduates and Fuckface is in his sophomore or junior year(depending on the credits he has earned) only thing comes to mind is a breakup or the alternative... long distance relationship but they never workout, hell look at Maya and Josy, apart from Patrick being a pain in the ass the distance was the main thing killing their relationship. Maybe I'm being morbid thinking that way but I don't know.

Keeping in mind that Maya and Josy love each other... the L word. When it comes to Sage and Fuckface... guess the time will tell as the story progresses and the clusterfuck of player choices reveals it.
The various endings, based both on the girls we pick and MC past choices and behavior would be very plausible. I don't think that most people will like the same kind of mawkish or dramatic endings, just with the replacement of models and names in them and some minor permutations. I would also like to become a wingman for some of the girls and DIKs brothers at the end and help them to bond with somebody, as it was in AL.

The only thing I'm afraid of is how many months it will take to release the last and most important episode with all the endings and so on :KEK:

With this here you convinced me to try Josy and Maya's path.

But seriously, I liked your observations, I didn't even consider “balancing” the relationship with them, I always imagined it was a trap, and that in the end I could only have one, and as I prefer Josy I never cared about the three-way relationship involving Maya.

I don't know if I can reject Sage, but one day I'll try to make a save with a focus on J&M.
I probably will never understand why it is so difficult for some people to try different playthroughs. Dude, this is a game, limiting yourself to one branch or interest, you block yourself from most of the content. You won't believe how much you're missing out not playing a different branches and paths. Even if you don't like some girl, you can eventually skip the lewd scenes and just stay for plot. Perhaps... you'll change your mind about some of the characters and girls. This happens quite often with Quinn, many people hate her, but then accidentally or on purpose play her path and even if it doesn't change their opinion of her as a person, they find it exciting.
J&M branch is definitely worth playing it. Their relationship and affection for each other, imo, is the most touching and sincere, and despite the complex structure of the relationship itself, the way they work on it also looks very cute. J&M whole thing is a honeypot. The potential Throuple permutations, potential single paths, cheating paths, break up outcomes are really insane. This is what inspires me, and also inspired this post.

It is useful to have different saves. The game is huge and will grow and branch even more. While playing only one branch you will see about 20% of the content. Some plot twists will be visible only on different branches.

AMAZING ANALYSIS!!!
I'm going to talk about my limited experience. Bella does have a very bad vibe but it seems like DPC in the beginning planned her route to be tragic but changed his mind like when Quinn was introduced she felt like maybe she could be the antagonist (using Taser on the mc) the mc was pissed for like half a second then it was dropped completely most likely because she became very popular with the fans.
Thx. Don't forget that DPC planned his story in advance. The only thing he added at the last moment was Jill. In early teaser in AL you may see the first 2 episodes scenes, but there're no Jill in them. She also absent at the game banner at that time. The MC narrator lines regarding Bella and calling for help takes place in EP3. So this is already a well-considered decision of the author, and in any case such lines will have to be justified somehow. Will it be something creepy or will it be played as an exaggeration - we'll see. It's too important to be abandoned. DPCs crazy attention to details will barely allow such a situation.

Maya/Jose's relationship seems to hang by a thread with the MC trying to keep them together and now that he broke up with them which was an amazing breakup scene I can't wait to see how they will react especially if the MC was with Bella.
Keeping Throuple alive with all that balancing and other challenges which awaits us on this path, friends path with feelings for one of girls, while being on Others road (it's barely could be considered a MG paths, though), feelings part while being in relationship with any other MG (cheating & temptations), pure friends path (no feelings), break up "path" (whatever it could be, most probably a cheating & temptations again - just look at the Bella & Jill arc). They outperform any MGs with all of such possible and potential permutations in their relationships and influence even while MC is on a different MG road. Which only proof their unique and major role and a special place in plot.

I wouldn't call their way canonical, but they do have a lot of renders devoted to them. The problem is that Maya was the obligatory girl in the first season, we couldn't avoid her. The player couldn't choose who to move in with after being kicked out of the dorm by Troy. Also, in my opinion, it's obvious now that the DPС's tastes for certain girls are changing. Right now his favorite is Quinn. She has the most interesting branch and a very important role. Now it's Quinn who is the main girl in the game, not Maya, Josy or Sage. Her sex scene was the longest in the game, and the number of renders and unique events are almost identical to those in the way of the main girls. Bella was probably the earlier favorite of DPC, considering how many scenes with Bella were in season two and how few with Josy and Maya.
Perhaps, the renders number only proves it or is one of the proofs for.

Maya obligatory is a limitation of the plot & freedom given to the player. We may find a lot of similar examples. Some people don't like idea of pledging to DIKs frat :BootyTime: Like wtf, why my MC have to do that?! As for me, such of such inevitable momets helps to create a first impression and take a better look on a particular character. While the rest is just required for the plot - to let the author tell us the story.

We met Josy at the beginning of the game, then we met Maya which helps MC, then a little reveal of Derek & Maya siblings part, and met Bella at the same time. DPC have a constant tastes and affections, imo, if he have them at all. If it's changing, then I don't see a reason to constantly & repeatedly create all that small checks & scene variations for J&M, he may do some for them, then move to another MG and do the same he did for J&M for somebody else. But it's not happening. Pattern remains the same for 9 episodes already.

Quinn is an antogonist character & romancing material at the same time, which makes her unique in this way. Like, you don't want a princess, then take this bad girl and turn to the black side. Quinn's doesn't have a lot to do with MC, when he is not on her path. He need to reject all MGs and stay on Others road to be with her. She is the biggest part of "others" road for sure, but she can't compete with MGs. Sex scene in EP9 is a compensation, just count her sex scenes overall number in a whole game and compare to MGs numbers. I can't agree that her part in EP9 was significant or literally big. Being on her path adds a photosession scene, phone chat scene and a scene before the end of the episode and final sex scene. It doesn't stand near any of MGs branches. Others branch will concentrate on various bunch of SGs per each futher episode, since it's impossible to include them all in one. It's a DPC words, not mine.

This is an incredibly huge analysis.
I can imagine how long it took to prepare, collect this information into a single construct and type it.
I don't agree with everything, especially with the thesis that Josy/Maya are canon. Unfortunately, I have almost no free time right now to describe it in detail and all I have at hand is a phone...
But in short: I consider only the events of flashbacks and MC's life before the events of main game to be canon. Josy/Maya arc is rather not canonical, but the main link in the game's plot, such a skeleton around which the game is built.
Therefore, one of the reasons why this thread doesn't like Maya, she is not very popular here, from many you can hear that, in every episode the same thing - "Maya and her problems." People are tired of this.
Thx :geek:
That's why I don't like the "canon" word. I don't know how to describe or express it better. Languare barrier doesn't help here as well. The "true" path? The "right" path? How you could consider and describe the Megan or Melissa paths in AL? Or how you may call going for Rena or MCs ex Ana or... Leah? That's what I tried to figure out and made a post for, finding all that details, proofs such as DPC extreme levels of attention to details for some MGs and nothing similar for another MGs. What's the purpose? What he want to tell us or point at? Your "skeleton around which the game is built" is a good take too. I like it. Body is collapsing w/o the skeleton.

Well. In AL we had a flashback with MCs ex Ana at the beginning of the game. Could you call it "canon"? In BADIK we see Zoey in EP3 flashback and a huge flashback with her life far away from MC in Interlude. Could it be canon? She returnes at the moment when MC is already in relationship or he stayed alone - depending you your choice. Could it be "canon" to reject all girls MC met during 8 episodes, including the narrator lines about Josy, etc.

I have the same vibes for solo Josy & Maya paths. Player have to wait so much, he have to be (probably) on Others road and I bet, DPC will deliver this paths with a lot of drama and a make player feel guilty of going for it. Since I created post for MGs, their single paths could be considered as SG material. This is why I haven't said a lot of this sub-branch. But in short, remember MC narrator lines and his dialogue with Derek, when he said that he is not a person who ruins the relationships. And he promized Derek that he won't hurt Maya. I'm lazy to copy exact lines from script now.

That's why I accented on narrator lines, dialogues with MC dad and so on. It's a DPC method of giving player a clues and hints.

Since we had a compare with AL, let's keep it going. Zoey is the light and mostly kind version of Ana from AL. She haven't cheated on him. Yes, she left him and then ghosted for a long 9 (?) months. She was in a good terms with MCs dad as well. They knew each other quite well. She is very important part of the plot and story, but I doubt that her path could be considered as a canon one. An alternate one and for the sake of alternate ending - yes, the reconcillation & reunite thing of best friends which never realised the boyfriend/girlfriend thing between them before it came to late. Second chance as is.

Great post. :D(y)

Here what Josy says to Tommy is important. Tommy should leave her friends alone, that is Maya, Derek and the MC. That's why it's better for the MC to defend himself against Tommy. It is defense and not attack. It's about the MC's honesty. In EP1 the MC said to Josy so that he practices martial arts and to Sage the MC says so that he fights only to defend himself or others. I'm afraid so that the effects of not defending himself against Tommy could lead to the MC being perceived like Jamie by others.
I can't believe that I'm going to reply... :BootyTime:

What about jocks? Josy kicks Tommy into the balls only when MC in Throuple and refuses to fight Tommy back (or maybe it's not shown to player, since scene have a sexual context, when they call to MC and these renders are shown during their conversation). As for me, it's mostly about who will handle Tommy later - would it be MC or Josy. It's also may be a various base for their futher relationship development and handling Tommy. In EP9 MC stands up for Jill in front of DIKs, Sage takes care of herself perfectly w/o MC help, while J&M (once again, lol) may get a little difference moments in their branch depending on MC major choice. I don't think it will last long, because there're already a lot of material to build various permutations with.

In EP2 Trend said on the phone that 4, not 5. I think so that here the single paths of Josy and Maya are hidden.
And you almost immediately disappointed me... :ROFLMAO:
That numbers intended to unlock the vault and get the fucking special renders in a gallery. We even don't have a clue what Trent talks about.

Maya and Josy have 5 lewd scenes each. But in EP9, the MC player for Josy and Maya only gets the full RP count for both if he has interacted with each girl only 4 times.

"- EP8, dorm party, the way Maya's lewd scene is played depends on selecting her or Josy in EP7."
What secret you're try to find here? It's how deep DPC goes with this branch permutations. Giving a player such possibilities and details. But we have nothing more outside the lewd scenes variables at most. Even "unlocking" Maya in EP7 just gives you an alternate version of lewd scene with her in EP8. No variables is stored. No variables = no consequences. Josy's red sweater is a signal of disbalance is starting. She wears it when you do all of her lewd scenes in EP7. But even getting a red sweater scene allows you to get +3RP for both of them in EP9, since Maya allows 1 point difference and will be ok with 4:3 "score", while Josy not.

Interesting to mention here so Josy gets jealous in EP9 when the MC doesn't cum inside her. Remember what Josy and Maya said in their conversation in EP4. They are both the same and the MC should treat them both the same. So 44 by code and cum in both of them. Throuple ahead.
No variables = no consequences. You may play lewd scene the way you want and see different "endings" just for fun. The same for drinking game with Sage & Bella and partially for J&M & MC one. Some options just leads to different scenes, but don't set any variables. It's usefull to learn some things and girls thoughts regarding different questions and aspects, but that's all. Josy's jealousy don't last long :ROFLMAO: she handle this situation pretty well. Clever and dare girl.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't have time to reply on the rest part, I may try a bit later, but I found SOME of your clues interesting or worthy of attention. Thx for reading (y)

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Thx, bro. I greatly appreciate it.
But seems you hadn't read a whole thing, bc I mentioned it at the end of the post. 15 hours, 2-3h per day, since I had an intense week. I limited myself a bit, bc attachments number for post limited to #64 and I decided to save some material for future posts.

I decided to use names which DPC used in Steam version to designate each MG branch. And since the phrase sounds like a French, I decided to google what it means. The result was very surprising to me. Before, I really thought it was just about comparing a flower with a leaf, like, "a leaf instead of a flower" words play. Probably, it's really innocent thing and there is nothing to care about, but why the hell he used such a "special" phrase? If google search suggests the first results as a funeral terminology, then it means it used more occasionally. Why not choose something less provocative?

DPC is obsessed with symbolism and duality, in a good term. It gives me a reason to think about it. Like, you know, what's the EP10 title? "The calm before the snow" - DPCs really like this kind of thing because it's both exciting and intriguing for the player. Following the logic of duality, what else could it mean? A flower is a symbol of completeness, or as a kind of classic "romantic" gift and compared to an ordinary leaf from a tree, as a symbol of simplicity, or as a kind of "simple" gift. And what if this is a comparison of a full-fledged and far-reaching relationship (flower), which some expect so much, with a short but bright affair (leaf) ?

I absolutely agree. Her dialogue with Quinn during a Halloween party planning, when she began to regret and showed a kind of disappointment with how her student years passed, from the position of a 4th-year student who has 6 months before a new adult and probably boring life. Sage mentioned fellow students with whom she meets periodically and who tell her about their lives and how it's not fun. Quinn encouraged her to go wild in last months to remember them and not regret of anything later. Well, after that we have the option to immediately arrange a threesome with them...

This is how I see their "relationships" and Sage attitude. While some expect dates, restaurants and walks in the park, I see it in a completely different way. And her morning conversation with MC and DIKs only gives me more conviction in this. I won't say that it fully excludes any romantic and cute moments, she is a girl finally... but it's a secondary thing, not a primary in a case with Sage.

The various endings, based both on the girls we pick and MC past choices and behavior would be very plausible. I don't think that most people will like the same kind of mawkish or dramatic endings, just with the replacement of models and names in them and some minor permutations. I would also like to become a wingman for some of the girls and DIKs brothers at the end and help them to bond with somebody, as it was in AL.

The only thing I'm afraid of is how many months it will take to release the last and most important episode with all the endings and so on :KEK:

I probably will never understand why it is so difficult for some people to try different playthroughs. Dude, this is a game, limiting yourself to one branch or interest, you block yourself from most of the content. You won't believe how much you're missing out not playing a different branches and paths. Even if you don't like some girl, you can eventually skip the lewd scenes and just stay for plot. Perhaps... you'll change your mind about some of the characters and girls. This happens quite often with Quinn, many people hate her, but then accidentally or on purpose play her path and even if it doesn't change their opinion of her as a person, they find it exciting.
J&M branch is definitely worth playing it. Their relationship and affection for each other, imo, is the most touching and sincere, and despite the complex structure of the relationship itself, the way they work on it also looks very cute. J&M whole thing is a honeypot. The potential Throuple permutations, potential single paths, cheating paths, break up outcomes are really insane. This is what inspires me, and also inspired this post.

It is useful to have different saves. The game is huge and will grow and branch even more. While playing only one branch you will see about 20% of the content. Some plot twists will be visible only on different branches.

Thx. Don't forget that DPC planned his story in advance. The only thing he added at the last moment was Jill. In early teaser in AL you may see the first 2 episodes scenes, but there're no Jill in them. She also absent at the game banner at that time. The MC narrator lines regarding Bella and calling for help takes place in EP3. So this is already a well-considered decision of the author, and in any case such lines will have to be justified somehow. Will it be something creepy or will it be played as an exaggeration - we'll see. It's too important to be abandoned. DPCs crazy attention to details will barely allow such a situation.

Keeping Throuple alive with all that balancing and other challenges which awaits us on this path, friends path with feelings for one of girls, while being on Others road (it's barely could be considered a MG paths, though), feelings part while being in relationship with any other MG (cheating & temptations), pure friends path (no feelings), break up "path" (whatever it could be, most probably a cheating & temptations again - just look at the Bella & Jill arc). They outperform any MGs with all of such possible and potential permutations in their relationships and influence even while MC is on a different MG road. Which only proof their unique and major role and a special place in plot.

Perhaps, the renders number only proves it or is one of the proofs for.

Maya obligatory is a limitation of the plot & freedom given to the player. We may find a lot of similar examples. Some people don't like idea of pledging to DIKs frat :BootyTime: Like wtf, why my MC have to do that?! As for me, such of such inevitable momets helps to create a first impression and take a better look on a particular character. While the rest is just required for the plot - to let the author tell us the story.

We met Josy at the beginning of the game, then we met Maya which helps MC, then a little reveal of Derek & Maya siblings part, and met Bella at the same time. DPC have a constant tastes and affections, imo, if he have them at all. If it's changing, then I don't see a reason to constantly & repeatedly create all that small checks & scene variations for J&M, he may do some for them, then move to another MG and do the same he did for J&M for somebody else. But it's not happening. Pattern remains the same for 9 episodes already.

Quinn is an antogonist character & romancing material at the same time, which makes her unique in this way. Like, you don't want a princess, then take this bad girl and turn to the black side. Quinn's doesn't have a lot to do with MC, when he is not on her path. He need to reject all MGs and stay on Others road to be with her. She is the biggest part of "others" road for sure, but she can't compete with MGs. Sex scene in EP9 is a compensation, just count her sex scenes overall number in a whole game and compare to MGs numbers. I can't agree that her part in EP9 was significant or literally big. Being on her path adds a photosession scene, phone chat scene and a scene before the end of the episode and final sex scene. It doesn't stand near any of MGs branches. Others branch will concentrate on various bunch of SGs per each futher episode, since it's impossible to include them all in one. It's a DPC words, not mine.

That's why I don't like the "canon" word. I don't know how to describe or express it better. Languare barrier doesn't help here as well. The "true" path? The "right" path? How you could consider and describe the Megan or Melissa paths in AL? Or how you may call going for Rena or MCs ex Ana or... Leah? That's what I tried to figure out and made a post for, finding all that details, proofs such as DPC extreme levels of attention to details for some MGs and nothing similar for another MGs. What's the purpose? What he want to tell us or point at? Your "skeleton around which the game is built" is a good take too. I like it. Body is collapsing w/o the skeleton.

Well. In AL we had a flashback with MCs ex Ana at the beginning of the game. Could you call it "canon"? In BADIK we see Zoey in EP3 flashback and a huge flashback with her life far away from MC in Interlude. Could it be canon? She returnes at the moment when MC is already in relationship or he stayed alone - depending you your choice. Could it be "canon" to reject all girls MC met during 8 episodes, including the narrator lines about Josy, etc.

I have the same vibes for solo Josy & Maya paths. Player have to wait so much, he have to be (probably) on Others road and I bet, DPC will deliver this paths with a lot of drama and a make player feel guilty of going for it. Since I created post for MGs, their single paths could be considered as SG material. This is why I haven't said a lot of this sub-branch. But in short, remember MC narrator lines and his dialogue with Derek, when he said that he is not a person who ruins the relationships. And he promized Derek that he won't hurt Maya. I'm lazy to copy exact lines from script now.

That's why I accented on narrator lines, dialogues with MC dad and so on. It's a DPC method of giving player a clues and hints.

Since we had a compare with AL, let's keep it going. Zoey is the light and mostly kind version of Ana from AL. She haven't cheated on him. Yes, she left him and then ghosted for a long 9 (?) months. She was in a good terms with MCs dad as well. They knew each other quite well. She is very important part of the plot and story, but I doubt that her path could be considered as a canon one. An alternate one and for the sake of alternate ending - yes, the reconcillation & reunite thing of best friends which never realised the boyfriend/girlfriend thing between them before it came to late. Second chance as is.

I can't believe that I'm going to reply... :BootyTime:

What about jocks? Josy kicks Tommy into the balls only when MC in Throuple and refuses to fight Tommy back (or maybe it's not shown to player, since scene have a sexual context, when they call to MC and these renders are shown during their conversation). As for me, it's mostly about who will handle Tommy later - would it be MC or Josy. It's also may be a various base for their futher relationship development and handling Tommy. In EP9 MC stands up for Jill in front of DIKs, Sage takes care of herself perfectly w/o MC help, while J&M (once again, lol) may get a little difference moments in their branch depending on MC major choice. I don't think it will last long, because there're already a lot of material to build various permutations with.

And you almost immediately disappointed me... :ROFLMAO:
That numbers intended to unlock the vault and get the fucking special renders in a gallery. We even don't have a clue what Trent talks about.

What secret you're try to find here? It's how deep DPC goes with this branch permutations. Giving a player such possibilities and details. But we have nothing more outside the lewd scenes variables at most. Even "unlocking" Maya in EP7 just gives you an alternate version of lewd scene with her in EP8. No variables is stored. No variables = no consequences. Josy's red sweater is a signal of disbalance is starting. She wears it when you do all of her lewd scenes in EP7. But even getting a red sweater scene allows you to get +3RP for both of them in EP9, since Maya allows 1 point difference and will be ok with 4:3 "score", while Josy not.

No variables = no consequences. You may play lewd scene the way you want and see different "endings" just for fun. The same for drinking game with Sage & Bella and partially for J&M & MC one. Some options just leads to different scenes, but don't set any variables. It's usefull to learn some things and girls thoughts regarding different questions and aspects, but that's all. Josy's jealousy don't last long :ROFLMAO: she handle this situation pretty well. Clever and dare girl.

I don't have time to reply on the rest part, I may try a bit later, but I found SOME of your clues interesting or worthy of attention. Thx for reading (y)
Ok, this is starting to get a little absurd. the last 3 days, I feel like I just spent it reading through a 100 page Japanese instruction manual written in fine print where you need a magnifying glass. And I don't read Japanese!

Feels like my retinas have detached and ran away voluntarily....

*mumbles to self*
Think I need a 3 week vacation from this thread

:ROFLMAO:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
This is it then... someone finally made me post here for the first time. I really wished it hadn't been for something like this, but here it goes.
The lack of media literacy I've seen in this thread has honestly baffled me in several occasions, but there's been no post that has made me this dumbfounded before. And then seeing some people actually praising it just left me completely speechless... so I felt forced to actually articulate the many things you've theorized wrong, as well as some places to give you praise (very few).
Before beginning, english is not my first language, so I'm sorry if I ever word myself improperly. Also, I hope the post is formated properly since, again, it's my first time doing it. With that out of the way, let's begin.

0 & 1 - The first egregious mistake you make is somehow deciding that the author is wrong about something you say he stated about the game he single-handedly created. Now I can't personally attest to what he actually said about "canon" and "non-canon" LI's, as I don't remember if DPC ever wrote anything like that, but if everything you said is true, then it makes absolutely no sense to go against what he says. "Since DPC said himself for a while, like, there are no canon LI, routes, etc in BADIK. ". If he did say something like that, then you can't say he is wrong about it, just cause you think some characters are less developed or lead to "bad" endings. Plenty of stories have "bad" and nonoptimal endings being canonic. You are also implying that because AL only had good endings if you went for M&M (questionable), that somehow the only good endings MC will have is if you go for J&M just because they share similarities. If that wasn't one of the things you were trying to state with your BaDIK and AL comparison, then it certainly seems like you were trying to imply it.

You also heavily imply that J&M's story is the most important in the game.
Both these statements are wrong on so many levels.
- Josy and Maya had to be heavily developed early. A connection had to be built with both before the big EP3 twist could happen, so it makes sense that they had a lot of content early on.
-Out of the 5 MG's, the simple fact they are two makes it so there is just naturally more content for them. While they come as a package deal, they are still two different people that need their own individual moments.
- They are the only LI's that are in the same grade as MC, so it's obvious more moments will naturally happen between them than with a junior, a senior, and a senior citizen (sorry, had to do it).
- MC has arguably more important plot points with other characters. There is obviously Quinn's story, that will almost certainly affect several aspects of MC's school life with the whole prostitution/drugs deal, either directly or indirectly. But there is also characters like Jill which seem to have some sort of personal connection to MC's past, as implied by Lynette's and Jill's photo being taken in the same place.
- Josy and Maya's story is so important that if you decide to be friends with them, all their issues (Patrick) are resolved the exact same way (that was sarcasm, if you didn't notice). Only difference being that it seems like they won't be together if MC is not with them, which, for the MC does not mean a "bad" ending, since it's only bad for J&M. Their story is as important as many other stories in the game. Nothing specifically important about it.

At the end of the day, BaDIK's main story is the one that DPC advertises in his Patreon, and is also displayed in this thread's overview. All other stories are there to be experienced however you want to.
If you wanna say that J&M's story is more important because it happens and affects the MC, no matter what kind of relationship he has with them, then so are Quinn's, Bella's, Sage's and Jill's (cause of Lynette) stories, as (if you really look at it) they all end up happening wether the MC is closely involved with the girl or not, and they all affect them to a varying level (except for maybe Bella. Maybe Jill as well, but most likely not. I can explain later if you ask me about it, but it's too much to write about when most people probably get why the whole Jill/Lynette/MC storyline develops wether MC is with Jill or not.)

Concluding point 1, nothing indicates that J&M are somehow the "canon" LI's of the story. From DPC's "supposed" statements, to exactly how important J&M's storyline is to the whole story of the game, nothing seems to give irrefutable evidence that J&M are more important than any other LI.

2- Here I will be displaying any point I make about what you wrote but copying a big section of your text into a spoiler, and then debating your points 1 by 1, ordering them by letters. I don't know how to do anything fancy with colored, bold or different sized text, so sorry for the poor formatting once again:
a- Even if MC said it was love in his dream, did he actually mean it like that? He is young and barely knows Josy personally at this point. It is actually pointed out that, even though they've been working together all summer, they barely talk except for work-related stuff. It seems like a crush to me. Actually, I just remembered they also state they had a crush on each other later on during their date in EP1. But even if he does love her, he is arguably less certain about it in EP5 considering he questions J&M about dating other people. Their feelings for eachother aren't THAT deep yet. It's why they have that conversation and discuss exactly what their "relationship" entails. The whole thing about not going too far emotionally or physically. The whole 'not attaching strings' conversation. And that moment is concluded in EP9 when MC finally tells them he wants to commit to the throuple by saying 'his strings are beginning to attach'. With all that, it's arguable that the MC actually fell in love (actual love, not just a crush or simply liking) with J&M somewhere during EP6, 7, or 8.

b- Why would this matter? It's not a race. And once again, Josy and Maya had to be heavily developed early. MC built a connection with Maya much faster than others for that same reason, and for Josy it was already built before the game's story even started.

c- Why would he have the option to choose one of them???????? After the whole conversation Maya and Josy just had in front of MC, they are clearly going to try to rekindle their relationship to what it used to be before they were forced to be separated.

d- MC also calls Jill "my girl" at the end of E9 during the walk of shame. And he would probably also do it for Sage and Bella at that same moment, but in one Sage shows up alone, and in the other Bella doesn't show up at all.

e- I have know idea where that is from. I also have a vague idea of it happening, but it might just be a similar one in EP8 when they have sex at the gym, but that one we can opt out of saying it.

"After MC quarreled with J&M and didn't know what to do, he called his father and asked for advice once again. And dad advised to follow his heart. Which MC did later:"

So? If he decides to keep them as friends he still says he followed his heart.

"Library scene:" "and the MC himself will continue to doubt and will have the opportunity to preserve feelings for one of the girls."

There are like two moments where he questions any possible lingering feelings. In EP5 with Derek, which MC can deny any feelings for both, and another in EP9 with Josy, where MC can deny thinking about how things would be like if something more had happened between them.
Now, it is also true that there are moments between the two, namely the time in EP7 Josy sleeps with MC, and if you're not on their path, MC's and Josy's conversation seems to indicate some lingering feelings, but considering it's been a week since all that stuff in EP4 happened, it makes sense he wouldn't lose feelings that quickly. I mean, MC took WAY longer to get over Zoey (if he even did at all).

"He never asked dad for advice, except for J&M."
Why would he? He already asked him that time. He doesn't need his father to tell him that again. And once he does have doubts about his feelings he actually has a conversation with (mostly) Elena.
Shit, I think he even uses that same "follow my heart" line in his inner monologue once he decides which girl (if any) to take things seriously with.

3- The start of this one should pretty much all be in orange. What the fuck was going through your mind to actually write half of this stuff. And I thought dalli x had weird theories. Obviously, I'm joking but this has WAY too much speculation.

Not even going to attempt to challenge your opinion that he likes more characters than others. He obviously does, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's normal to be biased, even if just a little bit. DPC does a pretty good job with all other characters and the moments they have with the MC. Jill has the picnic date, the running date, the 'with friends' date, the recital not-date and the sex scene in EP8. Sage has the 'sick' date, the 'I'm adopted' date, and the 'talk about the weather' date. Bella is a character I'm particularly not too into, so I don't really like her dates all that much, but she still has some pretty nice moments, especially in EP9.
Point is: all characters have great moments, and some of the best are arguably some with Jill, and considering she was the last MG to be put into the game, I'd say that any idea that 1st means better is just plain wrong.

It can go both ways. He changed a character meaning he cares a lot about it so he wants to make sure it's perfect.
He barely changed the character meaning his vision for it is set and knows exactly what he wants to do with it.
They can both be viewed as positive. Don't overthink it if it's not part of the game.

"J&M is the only MGs that have RP check and use RP system as it is."

Because their unique relationship works well with it, while others don't really require it. For J&M there is a certain level of competion for MC, most notably at the end of their sex scene in EP9. There is also the very real possibility that at some point, even if you choose them both in EP4 and EP8, if the RP in one of them is too low she might no longer wanna be part of the throuple, or if both are low enough, the MC will no longer be part of it. While other girls require more of the specific flags to be triggered for things to either go good or bad, J&M can benefit from an approach of checking for general events (accumulation of RP) or lack of it.

" If all MG's were "equal" (which is important), then either these details would not exist at all, or all MG's would have them, right? "

All MG's have unique details like those. First that comes to mind is actually Jill with the MC being required to play the guitar a specific amount of times if he wants to play on her recital.
A lot of other things that you point out as attention to detail are just a consequence of them being two different characters and the game needing different moments depending on how involved you are getting with each of them. DPC is careful about things like these, and also does them for other characters. You just notice it more cause, again, two characters means needing more different possible outcomes, and also cause they are you favourite LI's.
Of course if you don't have sex with Josy it might not be the best idea for the MC to wanna sleep with her at the end of EP4. And it makes sense, as well as being easily implementable, to have Josy react to MC's dick differently in case she hadn't seen it before.
I really don't wanna spend a fuckton of time writing down why each of those is a very small deal and that other girls have similar moments with the MC, but if I have to, I'll do it later, but certainly not in this post. I do wanna focus on a specific line you wrote. "Thus, both J&M & Jill paths are "true" or "canonical"". MY DUDE... THIS GOES COMPLETELY AGAINST WHAT YOU'VE BEEN PREACHING THIS WHOLE TIME.
As you were writting all that, once you got to this point, you realized that other characters also have a possibility (according to your weird idea that canonical must = good ending) to be "canonical" LIs. WTF.

"When MC rejected Throuple or got rejected, but feelings left for Josy or Maya:"

I know there are no lines in EP8 for when he says in EP5 to Derek he doesn't have feelings for any of the two, but you should have pointed out that he if says that to Derek, it technically means he has no feelings left for them at this point.

"When MC dated several MGs, but picked someone else over J&M:"

He also has similar lines for the other girls.

"Break up with J&M is the severest scene in the whole game, at least up to the moment. I think we will see something worse later, but nevertheless it's so, at the moment."

You've already made some of the points I'm going to point out, so it means we don't completely disagree here, but you considerably downplayed several moments so I'm still going to write about it.
Jill's scene is just as bad. It really is up to personal preference which is worse. Don't downplay it just cause you have a personal preference. One happens early, the other happens later (he cuts it off very slowly."). So what? The reason he delays this moment is cause he wants to explore how J&M react to it at a later date. If he had done it now, it most likely would have meant extensive amounts of flashbacks to what J&M went through before Halloween started. It would take way too long. It would also mean that what happened between Jill and MC during Halloween, if you rejected her, would also happen between J&M and MC, if you rejected them, with slightly different reactions and interactions to account for the difference in personalities between the 3 LIs. It just makes the most sense to leave it for later.
Also, a relationship with Bella is pretty much doomed to fail. Not my personal thought, as most likely there is a way to get a good ending with any LI and probably even SG, but it is most likely what she thinks in that moment. She was happy that she was getting a chance to be in love again, but ultimately realizes that the age gap, and it being a teacher-student relationship meant it wasn't going to work out (and her being 'married'), so she realizes it's probably for the best. But that might not be the case either, just a way to explain it that feels logical.
With Sage it was never about love. From the start the MC and her are just fuck buddies. They become closer starting EP7, after the MC took care of Sage in EP6 (and even if he didn't). Regardless of that, they have a pretty understanding conversation when MC rejects her, and at that point Sage states that she wasn't quite ready for it yet, but she was starting to feel that way towards the MC. The whole thing feels pretty light-hearted, and it ends on a note that seems to indicate that she isn't necessarily giving up on him.
So there are enough reasons to explain them having weaker break up scenes, and it is also important to remember we don't know what the future of the story holds. They might still have plenty of fight to give regarding the MC, irregardless of his decision in EP8.

The whole rest of the orange wall of text just SCREAMS bias. Once again, I can tackle each line specifically and explain why you are wrong. About most. I do agree that J&M's as well as Jill's break ups are better that the others, but that thought also comes from a place of bias. I prefer the more tragic breakups, that eventually, after many talks end up in a friendship, yet a sign of possible feelings from 1 or both sides still linger (what I'm hoping will happen for all these 3 LIs), than the ones where couples remain as friends from the start, and once again, possible feelings from 1 or both sides still linger. But like I said it all comes from a place of bias, and ultimately the better stories might come from Sage and Bella in the future. I mean, we can't forget were are at the halfway point of the game, so how the stories and feelings develop from now on is still very much a mistery to us.

"Summarizing the above, I'll raise this question again - why is all this so, since J&M supposed to be "equal" to other MGs ?" - You are biased and clearly have a skewed perspective of what events and LIs are better. Everyone thinks their favourite LIs have the best moments for the most part (unless we are talking about specific moments like Sage's "adopted" talk, Jill's picnic date, Maya during the dorms party and Josy in the same party as well). Except for moments like those that we all would love to see on our favourite LI/LI's, all other more day-to-day/mundane moments are the best with our LI/LI's of choice.

5- Not reading any of that. Like you say at the start "This part has nothing to do with the facts and this is just speculations, because the end is still very far away and we can only guess what options we will have in each case."
You are making predictions for the ending at the halfway point of the story to a DPC game????????????????????????????
This is the kind of guy that I imagine writing a twist to his story in the last two lines of dialogue.

6- Musics are tricky. It depends a lot on finding the right music for the feelings you are trying to express, and in a game like this, it also means doing it for as cheap as possible. Looking at my BaDIK playlist (which, full discloure, does not include all the songs in the game), I have 6 for J&M (some only J, some only M), 6 for Jill, 3 for Sage, and 4 for Bella. While this means almost nothing considering it's only the ones I have, and not actually all of them, it's still not showing much, also considering that Jill actually has more than J&M, but once again, personal preference. Also, "Run run runnin" (Bella's song)... I don't think I need to point out why you're wrong, since it seems like you know and are just joking. In case you're not, it's run run runnin by grace mesa. Check the lyrics.

p.s- Who's first????????????????????? Checkmate. Quinn wins. (see what I just did there).

To finish, I'm sick of writing. Been doing it for an hour. Not even gonna bother proofreading.
Since you like making assumptions so much, I'm gonna make one of my own. You created your account a bit over half a year ago. You probably haven't playing BaDIK all that much yet. I'm going to assume my almost 400hours on it are more than whatever you've put into it and say: Play more. Specifically other routes. There are so many great moments with all the characters that I've even developed a sort of morbid liking for characters like Tybalt and Dawe. I'm not saying your tastes are going to change, but you'll certainly learn to appreciate the story a whole lot more, and even start to try out new things in your playthroughs.
I think Kpyna overshoots the mark with canonical LI, but is still not wrong about one thing. The story of JM regarding the tuition is canonical. DPC has written itself so there is a main story and several side stories. JM is canonical, but not the main story. That honor goes to MC and his family finding.

I can't write much about AL because I have never played it and my knowledge of it is not detailed enough. But DPC has clearly stated their position on it in their Q&A.

"Will there be some relation between Being a DIK and Acting Lessons or any future installments?

No, the games aren't related more than that Being a DIK was initially meant to be a prequel to Acting Lessons. Some ideas coined in Acting Lessons made it into Being a DIK, like the fraternity name and Hell Week. You'll even see Angela and Hedwig sporting the HOT sorority clothes in a dorm not too dissimilar to Maya's dorm in Acting Lessons.

Despite some of the similarities, it's best to treat them as independent works of fiction. Their stories won't intertwine at any point.
"

But I have to stand by Kpyna. He clearly wrote so it's his thoughts and observations. Accordingly, it is a subjective writing, which should be read as such. Each of us experiences BaDIK in a different way, everyone prefers one or the other girl and feels situation differently. Kpyna shared his thoughts (subjective) with us openly and honestly and this should be respected.

There are other BaDIK players who have almost 400 hours of BaDIK game time, have been members for about 5 years and are not very active in the BaDIK community.

Reactions: Jumbi and 7thOmen

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
Of all people that could discover MC and Bella's relationship, it had to be Nick (Vinny's best friend). Knowing DPC that can't be innocent

The more I think about it the more Bella's route is recipe for disaster, with also that ominous Ep9 intro

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I wonder who's behind Sarah. Or is it probably a nobody?
If it's a HOT it's probably Ash, however as they just appear to have arrived I'm guessing it's possibly a yoga instructor setting things up.

It's clear Becky's about to trip over her while distracted by Fuckface though so that's probably DPC's primary reason to be in that position.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

It could also be described as the "favorite DPC's route" (perhaps). It's obvious that he loves creating Throuple relationships, otherwise he wouldn't repeat himself like that from one game to another.
I don't remember well the AL plot and all the paths available, but I remember that only Megan and Melissa can be positioned as Main Girls, I also remember this traumatic experience from the ending. I got a very bad ending because I couldn't stay away from the cookie jar. :ROFLMAO:
Again, it's hard to talk about canonical J/M, because DPC has given us many opportunities to avoid this route. My stance on all immersive/RPG games where there is a lot of variation in the development of events is this: only the backstory is canonical.
For example, if we take the Witcher trilogy, then the book source is canon - everything that happens in games is not canon and depends only on our choices. Books says that Yennefer is canon, but I would say "Fuck her" and go with a redhead:p
So I would say that: MC backstory with Zoey is canon, but how you will decide her route it's all on the player. Even Interlude is not canonical on 100%, because we able to change Zoey personality in DIK/Chick.

I love second chances, Zoey fitting good my personality, she's cool and easy going and ofc I created route for her. She's not like ex-gf in other games, in most of this games the ex betrayed MC, ruined his life, cheated on him, ect... But Zoey not like that. Actually she didn't do anything terrible - she is a teenager, trying to find her way in life, and is also a little chaotic. She didn't quite understand their relationship with MC, which led to a misunderstanding between them. Definitely deserves a second chance.
And in one of the routes I say "To hell!" all this drama with MGs and their minefields, reuniting with the blue haired one.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes