xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
Its too soon to tell what kind of game this will be, or if it will have something like the burning house of death in it. No indication of anything like that so far, I expect some twists and turns
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but as of right now there isn't anything in the game that suggests something like the house fire will happen in this game. So far, its mostly been introductions to the different people and the earliest stages of relationship building.
I think this is what I was looking for. Perhaps I will wait a bit, some updates, or with until is finished, I'm not in a hurry, there are plenty of content here and there. Thanks. =)

xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
I understand you, and this sure depends of each person.
I'm not one of those people that are good with emotions and how to get the things that happens in the world around, and this reflects in the content I usually see. So I avoid these kind of stories in books, games, movies, series. I am always looking for something for cheer me up, and I this is what gave me a really bad feeling. I was catch by surprise because when I started the game I thought it would be something light.
So every time this happens is like I had took a huge punch in the stomach and I stay like this for weeks, months, or until something stronger get to me. It is a mess up inside my head, and I can't really describe.
Thanks for your point of view anyway.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

f00bar

Jan 6, 2019
That's also why there's a big warning at the beginning of the game about the content.
He's clearly trying to be considerate of people who are worried about a big personal emotional effect.
It feels like a slightly strange choice if knowing this fact about yourself, and seeing the warning, you continued anyway...

badass

Jul 24, 2017
Why does DrPinkCake, who is such a talented dev, only have 932 patrons, while other devs, e.g. Lewdlab have more than 2000 patrons?
I think Lewdlab started earlier compared to DrPink.. And maybe, the goals stated on DrPink's page doesn't motivate enough people to subscribe even tho the game is really good. IMHO people tend to subscribe more when earlier goals are like when he reach certain patreon, he will spend more time on the game, quit his job, or hire team so the updates could be better and faster.. Just my 2 cents tho.. I believe this game will get him a lot of subscribers. So popular even after only 1 episode.

Billi.bolli

Aug 12, 2018
I think Lewdlab started earlier compared to DrPink.. And maybe, the goals stated on DrPink's page doesn't motivate enough people to subscribe even tho the game is really good. IMHO people tend to subscribe more when earlier goals are like when he reach certain patreon, he will spend more time on the game, quit his job, or hire team so the updates could be better and faster.. Just my 2 cents tho.. I believe this game will get him a lot of subscribers. So popular even after only 1 episode.
Thanks, for the answer. 1232 likes for the first release of a game, is really good. Looks like Beeing a DIK is going to be more popular than his first game (which was a masterpiece, in my opinion) Btw. Lewdlab also only finished one game, so the lead he has on DrPinkCake is not that big, right?

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
i mean there's no way in hell he'd just repeat the same ending again and burn a house down or kill someone in his other game just because the first one ended like that.
a different game from the same creator doesn't mean he'll follow the same steps he did before and go with killing some characters or taking a turn that would make his game dark.
yeah maybe it'd involve drama, betrayals, and twists but that doesn't mean it's death whatsoever. but that might be the case cuz you never know what's going on in DrPinkCake's head, either way i don't mind it.

ugz2

Feb 21, 2018
Thanks, for the answer. 1232 likes for the first release of a game, is really good. Looks like Beeing a DIK is going to be more popular than his first game (which was a masterpiece, in my opinion) Btw. Lewdlab also only finished one game, so the lead he has on DrPinkCake is not that big, right?
Yes, and Dreams of Desire started about a year earlier than Acting Lessons. LewdLab's games are also incest themed, which is very popular, and DoD was one of the better games in that category.

Reactions: Capella

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Damn...i like the characters and plot so much...how the fuck am i supposed to wait until episode 2? Wish i was rich to pay this God of a dev piles of cash for him to finish the game :/

Reactions: Griffin407

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Why does DrPinkCake, who is such a talented dev, only have 932 patrons, while other devs, e.g. Lewdlab have more than 2000 patrons?
Lewdlab is a team and longer on the scene with two finished games and third in the work.
I think DrPinkCake is doing great - same as PhillyGames, Likesblondes, DanielsK or HopesGaming. Why did I mention all these devs? Because they all have a tougher time than MrDots or Lewdlab (and I like'em all) simply because they didn't jump on fetish bandwagon (incest, as most exploited, but others also) and they're mostly relying on a (great) story writing.

So, I think it was much harder for them, but they'll have a much more loyal fan base of people really respecting those devs, their games and stories than those just trying to find another five-minute wank material in some incest or netorare or rape or whatever fetish they're looking for.

xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
That's also why there's a big warning at the beginning of the game about the content.
He's clearly trying to be considerate of people who are worried about a big personal emotional effect.
It feels like a slightly strange choice if knowing this fact about yourself, and seeing the warning, you continued anyway...
I don't remember a warning about heavy stuff, if I have seen this I would not be playing the game for sure. If he warned about how deep the storyline could get (and I'm not saying that he needed to to this. The developer do what the think is the better, I'm not against him), so, yes, if this was there I made a mistake by passing without see.
But still, I think this is not what have cause the impact that I have feel. I think that it was the change of (I don't now how to say this) feeling of the game.
The thing about Liam I even understood...
I understand that the developer wanted to shock us, but that seems to me so out of place. It wasn't an action game, some thriller, that you know shit could happen. And too wasn't that kind of movie build in tragedy. (I'm talking about what I felt. I understand that others felt different things too. There are 7 billions brains in the world and I doubt that there is one the same as other)
I'm gonna give an example of of something that did hit me, but I didn't feel so bad about it.
And people can say "But this happens in real life with anyone, we need to understand", but here it is something that is good about fiction. Fiction doesn't need to be like real life.
I really grateful that many other people played the game and didn't had this bad feelings and can be emotional stronger.
Even for the developer that have create those characters and was tough enough to did what they did. I think it isn't something easy to cause something bad to the characters that you created to the good of storytelling.
It just wasn't for me, you know? And I'm doing this now, trying to filter and know a little bit about, just like you said about the warning, so I'm not falling into this again.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
i mean there's no way in hell he'd just repeat the same ending again and burn a house down or kill someone in his other game just because the first one ended like that.
a different game from the same creator doesn't mean he'll follow the same steps he did before and go with killing some characters or taking a turn that would make his game dark.
yeah maybe it'd involve drama, betrayals, and twists but that doesn't mean it's death whatsoever. but that might be the case cuz you never know what's going on in DrPinkCake's head, either way i don't mind it.
I just post something here in the thread.
Yes, it doesn't mean that this could go to the same direction, but is something to me to be concerned of. Some can't get the same punch as others can, and I tend to the weak side, I admit.
because of this I will wait. I have no problem with this, and I trust that when I ask here again in the future if the game is for me or don't, for those reasons, people will give me the advice again and I will not have to go through some bad feelings again.
I actually like to read every point of view about this. It kinda make me feel better understand the others too.
Thanks for the tip. =)

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
I just post something here in the thread.
Yes, it doesn't mean that this could go to the same direction, but is something to me to be concerned of. Some can't get the same punch as others can, and I tend to the weak side, I admit.
because of this I will wait. I have no problem with this, and I trust that when I ask here again in the future if the game is for me or don't, for those reasons, people will give me the advice again and I will not have to go through some bad feelings again.
I actually like to read every point of view about this. It kinda make me feel better understand the others too.
Thanks for the tip. =)
yep i'm well aware that people have different opinions and emotions about things in life and i was just stating what i see fitting you know, and best of luck dude for sure i'll tell you about the game and the story in future updates and so will others :) .

Reactions: xfirstninx

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Probably in minority here, but this is pretty disappointing, after Acting Lessons. Main character has little personality and the game has no "emotional hook" or humor, like his previous game. And dual morality/personality systems seems a step back next to simply making choices based on context ( how you interpret it) of each situation/character...essentially, "locking you" in one of two paths to gain x amount of points.
And those mini games..
Hope this gets better.

4.80 star(s) 1,500 Votes