yngve

Oct 28, 2018
just a detail, but
the ass of sage could look better, the faces look perfect, why not do the same with her asses?

jill's face is based on female guitar player Tash wolf?

1st

Nov 18, 2018
Probably in minority here, but this is pretty disappointing, after Acting Lessons. Main character has little personality and the game has no "emotional hook" or humor, like his previous game. And dual morality/personality systems seems a step back next to simply making choices based on context ( how you interpret it) of each situation/character...essentially, "locking you" in one of two paths to gain x amount of points.
That's true, I agree.
Beside of that I think the biggest flaw in this game is inconsistency - there is no correlation between attribute points and their impact on the story. One of the brightest example: we know that MC has been trained by his father in hand-to-hand combat, we can invest in Strenght and become highly skilled in fighting but.. when a time comes a skinny bitch is twisting his arm with no sweat. That's pathetic. What was the point of implementing attribute system if there is no use of it in MC's story? Mini game purpose only? Not a best idea I'm affraid. Drop it totally or make it useful.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Probably in minority here, but this is pretty disappointing, after Acting Lessons. Main character has little personality and the game has no "emotional hook" or humor, like his previous game. And dual morality/personality systems seems a step back next to simply making choices based on context ( how you interpret it) of each situation/character...essentially, "locking you" in one of two paths to gain x amount of points.
And those mini games..
Hope this gets better.
It's literally the first episode. I don't recall the starting part of Acting Lesson being humorous. This episode only established the MC's background while introducing some girls. Just like how AL was on starting episode.

Will not debate with you on the topic of the 'ethics' system and will instead wait for it to unfold and see in the end.

thank you @N7

Josey is the best girl don’t @ me
Hell nah, Jill best girl.

DrPinkCake

Cake Baker
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2018
Acting Lesson was quite linear yes I agree. I don't necessarily agree that it's bad writing, like I've mentioned before, the only grudge I ever have with that game is forcing the player to date Megan anyway and make the player feels like shit for cheating on the one they truly wanted if they didn't want Megan.

But I get it, it's for the sake of the theme of the story, that life sucks but you got to move on. It's a visual novel made by one guy, not a well budgeted game like the Japanese visual novel games such as Rance and Evenicle, etc. While more choices would have been great, I can imagine at the time Acting Lesson was in progress, his budget wasn't much and this wasn't a full time job for him so the time that needed to make a crap ton more choices would have increased by a lot and release dates would have been pushed back even further.
(Sengoku Rance was great by the way, there are horrible endings that you can avoid due to how many choices it gives the players, highly recommend, it is a Harem game though)

I truly wish he revisit Acting Lesson and make a 2.0 (like a sequel) to it, after he finishes Being a DIK. Always interesting stories to be written out there. See new stories to be made and how the choices that you've made led to. Plus I want to see more of Rena and Melissa. :D
Visual Novel kind of implies linearity. Just like a book is linear, the nature of a visual novel is, too. Before I started developing games it was so hard to imagine the kind of work that goes into making a branching story, but luckily I realized early on that early game branching is something that can kill a project. Maintaining branches not close to the main story is not a good idea early on (unless you really have mapped out the game in advance). As for Megan, she was central to the moral of the story and the plotline. The whole idea of Jonas turning into something he was broken by could only happen if Megan was there. And it added a lot to the drama. I don't like my games to be easy-going. That's just who I am and it's of course ok if you like different.

Take your time buddy, id rather wait 1 more month for a quality episode than a buggy and rushed one. Do you have any clue how many episodes will be for this series ? :D
There's no set number of episodes, yet. I have planned the game in great detail from start to end, but I don't want to rush things as there are certain things I really wanna spend time exploring this time around. I wanna give each main girl proper attention when it comes to animations, for one. Expect >10 Episodes/major updates.

Can someone tell me how do i reset the game so i can see the intro again? its so funny, but everytime i delete it and unarchive it again, its not being reset unlike on phone... I dont even know where are the save files located, been searching in Documents for ages and its not there. Sorry if I sound dumb, but I must be since i have no clue how to do it
hope he just put a intro button for the next verson in the main menu. it was really fun
The intro would be annoying to see everytime, but I can implement a button in the options menu that resets the intro only. Thanks for the feedback!

To be quite frank I am baffled how the dev maintains a day job and delivers frequent updates too. Wish I could save some money to support him :/
My schedule is wake up 5am, go to work, come home at 3pm, work until 11pm, go to sleep. Rinse repeat during the week. If I get lucky, I can spend 36 hours Saturday/Sunday working on the game. Sometimes I have to do IRL stuff, but every chance I get I spend on developing this game. Seeing how developers get burnt out recently has been a warning sign and I need to figure out a way to get more spare time in the development cycle to make sure this is sustainable. If I only could work with this fulltime...that would be a dream.

Nauzhror

Jul 16, 2018
Branching isn't "bad", but it is certainly a hell of a lot of work. By no means implying that good linear visual novels are easy to make, but they're much easier than they are once you add in lots of impactful decisions.

ugz2

Feb 21, 2018
because you don't have enough points???
Having and making choices you may not agree with, and having content gated by choices isn't unique to this game, it exists in Acting Lessons and many of the visual novels on this site. It's also been stated that the neutral path will have its own benefits.

Reactions: DrackDrap

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
Hey DrPinkCake, no need to mock feminists, I just played Acting Lessons (it was 10/10) and I see you are way better than that. (at least the ones I know in my country they are intelligent people).

but.. when a time comes a skinny bitch is twisting his arm with no sweat. That's pathetic.
dude... you can deal with a girl no matter your 'fighting skills', you just let her or not twist your arm, but you just don't hit a girl...

1st

Nov 18, 2018
dude... you can deal with a girl no matter your 'fighting skills', you just let her or not twist your arm, but you just don't hit a girl...
You didn't get the point. I wasn't complaining that MC can't hit her - I was refering to the logic behind attribute system. A trained, strong young man wouldn't allow such thing to happen to him however in the game it happens! It's just against the logic. And as far as I remember there was no option in the game to avoid that situation - which turns us back to the thing I pointed out previously, that attributes seem to have no impact on the story.

Reactions: Vidimus

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Bullying is not dissuaded nor disdained by gender, nor age, nor upbringing.

Girls in this very game bully the MC - they are certainly not feminists and nor are they any step forward in evolution.

The Bully will always win - hence why she is the bully and MC is the bullied.

A trained snow flake is a snow flake - flaky to the bone.

A muscle bound chicken that billies the rooster will always get eaten by the snake.

This first episode was for survival and losing all the bearings.

Prepare for the reckoning!

Finkos

Butt Lover
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
Looks like a top quality project. But it's hard to pass english tests when english is not your native language

4.80 star(s) 1,499 Votes