KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
It would be completely normal if the girl you didn’t choose found someone else. This would show the realism of the game world and the fact that MC is not a center of the universe. DPC has already done this in Acting lessons (Rena + Liam) but I don’t know if he can do it again. I would tell being on his placeto the anti-NTR brigade go to hell. Reddit would definitely be on fire, this forum is more adequate.
I don't know about realism, it's a game set in a fictional world after all so calling for more realism it's pretty cliche and not very logical if you think about it, you have the real world if you want as much realism as someone wants.

A video game could never portray the true realism and people still want to feel like they play a game and not the real life, there should be a difference between the two.

Besides that, MC wouldn't really feel like MC if he wasn't in the center of everything doesn't it? if DPC would somehow decide for Zoey to be with someone else rather than MC i think that should be the player's choice, although i don't think he will and it wouldn't be very logical to do that now so far in the story to feature such an option out of the sudden.

Last edited:

Murgus

May 17, 2018
Well, the MC is definitely a bit naive and is still has moments of immaturity. You have to remember that he's only like 19. The brain doesn't stop developing until like 25. I mean, look at the MC's reaction to finding out about Josy and Maya when Josy shows up at the dorm. Regardless of the route (but of course went with trying to date them), MC knows that both Maya and Josy are in relationships, yet he still tries to get with them and catches the feels. Then he feels like he's betrayed, overreacts, and immediately leaves without talking to them, and refuses to talk to them for a while after. The only real thing they held back was that they were both dating a girl instead of a guy. He knew what he was getting into when trying to date a girl or girls that were in a relationship.

But yeah, it would still be weird to just accept that the gun was a prop gun when Vinny hits the MC with it. Why would a prop gun be metal? Alarm bells would start going off in my head at that.
It wasn't really about being betrayed, that is just what tremolo told himself. He was trying to come to terms with the fact that he had lost both of them. That is why it makes more sense that he rejects them at the end of ep 4.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
Just to be clear - you need 11 DIK choices to end up with DIK affinity right? I don't really want to work at the strip club on this playthrough but I will if I have to because I'm not gonna cheat on the midterms. Sage path btw.
You can basically make 4 CHICK choices and still be DIK affinity

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
It wasn't really about being betrayed, that is just what tremolo told himself. He was trying to come to terms with the fact that he had lost both of them. That is why it makes more sense that he rejects them at the end of ep 4.
That's you as the player knowing that information, not the MC himself. The MC is his own person and not you. That's why I said he's still got some naivety and a bit immature. Especially with how he acted. Which is a bit understandable at his age, but still naive and a little immature.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy
Aug 29, 2023
Okay, so, the first 3, is Basically every single Brother behavior. Yeah, I do have a sister, so, I was pissed at her when she was bitching to our parents about what I did. Yeah, I definitely didn't want Her to hang around my circle, and I definitely didn't wanted her to be fucked by someone from my circle.
Meh; my sister’s a year younger than me, was in my circle, fucked some of the guys in my circle, and I fucked one of her friends. Big deal. If you love each other you get over that shit. Look at Derek’s reaction when he finds out Tremolo fucked Maya: Really, it only bugged him because Maya was cheating on Josy. Otherwise he was happy if she was happy. That’s me and my sister. That’s not Tommy and his stepsister. Tommy only thinks, “People will only fuck her to fuck with me.” Bitch, it ain’t all about you.

I know I know MC was some " big dik " … but he is a literal noob when it's comes to planing any party. An inexperienced Noob. let's not try to paint it in any other way, shall we?
Oh, I won’t. But first Tommy was okay with it, and then he flipped. Probably because of some alpha toxic-masculinity bullshit. Like when the DIKs were all impressed with Tremolo taking down Chad, but Tommy wanted them to shut up about it. To his mind, greatness consists of knocking everyone else down, instead of supporting everyone else and letting their successes be your successes. (At least Tommy gets, as he later tells Quinn, that apologizing is strength instead of weakness.)

Okay some of you have some selective memory let me show you the BITCH, the whiny little BItch of the Story. Ready? There He is, our Little Bitch
View attachment 2983994
Crying because your best friend and fuckbuddy of two years ditches you for California, leaving you absolutely miserable, then shows up again and apologizes and swears it’ll never happen again? That makes you a bitch? Somebody hurt you, dude. Somebody shat on your soul and now it’s all numb.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I don't know about realism, it's a game set in a fictional world after all so calling for more realism it's pretty cliche and not very logical if you think about it, you have the real world if you want as much realism as someone wants.

A video game could never portray the true realism and people still want to feel like they play a game and not the real life, there should be a difference between the two.

Besides that, MC wouldn't really feel like MC if he wasn't in the center of everything doesn't it? if DPC would somehow decide for Zoey to be with someone else rather than MC i think that should be the player's choice, although i don't think he will and it wouldn't be very logical to do that now so far in the story to feature such an option out of the sudden.
The fact is MC is not the center of the universe in this game. Look at the script. There are storylines where MC is just an observer/doesn’t even know anything about what’s happening. And this is a good move, the world looks more alive.
Maya's story and her loan, is MC the savior here? No, he's just an observer and can't do anything. We can't change anything, we just giving her moral support. MC present at Burke meeting don't change anything.
Drug conspiracy, he doesn't even know anything about what's going on. We influence the game world a little, as if leaving waves on the water after a thrown stone at certain moments - MC is not the messiah or the chosen one, he is an ordinary guy who was involved in a series of events.
And it would be simply stupid in the finale to show girls whoich you didn't choose to be eternal singles because of the crowd of screaming idiots. People find someone else, that's life. I'm not saying that the game should completely replicate real life, otherwise it won't be interesting to anyone. But the creator’s task is to make the player believe in the realism of what is happening.

Aug 29, 2023
And it would be simply stupid in the finale to show girls whoich you didn't choose to be eternal singles because of the crowd of screaming idiots. People find someone else, that's life.
Exactly. Maya and Josy are just fine paired off together without the MC’s cock literally up in their business. If any of the girls he doesn’t choose, decide to go find other guys without him, he should be cool with it instead of pining for the road not traveled.

Though that brings up one thing that bugs me a bit. Out of curiosity I tried pursuing Jill while on the DIK route. Clicked the whole “Fight for Jill” deal and everything. And then, in the game, Tremolo himself states that maybe Jill isn’t right for him, even as I’m trying to steer him into her. In real life sometimes you’re interested in someone but they’re not into you—same as when you “try for something more” with Maya and Josy, but you haven’t tried racked up enough Maya points, so it doesn’t happen—and that sucks, but it’s life. But the game had to rationalize Trey and Jill not getting together as something Trey wanted, even though I was steering him to not want it.

Ah well; Jill wouldn’t have been happy anyway. Just so long that she doesn’t fly into the arms of that watermelon-fucker Tybalt. Otherwise Bella and Trey’ll have to get him on the racquetball court and see how many teeth and testicles they can smash.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
The fact is MC is not the center of the universe in this game. Look at the script. There are storylines where MC is just an observer/doesn’t even know anything about what’s happening. And this is a good move, the world looks more alive.
Maya's story and her loan, is MC the savior here? No, he's just an observer and can't do anything. We can't change anything, we just giving her moral support. MC present at Burke meeting don't change anything.
Drug conspiracy, he doesn't even know anything about what's going on. We influence the game world a little, as if leaving waves on the water after a thrown stone at certain moments - MC is not the messiah or the chosen one, he is an ordinary guy who was involved in a series of events.
And it would be simply stupid in the finale to show girls whoich you didn't choose to be eternal singles because of the crowd of screaming idiots. People find someone else, that's life. I'm not saying that the game should completely replicate real life, otherwise it won't be interesting to anyone. But the creator’s task is to make the player believe in the realism of what is happening.
He is certainly the center of the story though, that is a role of a main character in a video game, despite scripts and whatnot, we talk about general rules.

Not everything revolves around him but the idea of a main character is that he influences the actions of others around him and the world he's in, he doesn't define the world itself but he has the power to influence it, more exactly the player has, he is different than others for being controlled by the player therefore, his importance is also bigger than others.

You don't know if he can change anything or not since the game is not finished and the story is still going on, it's hard to tell what will be what so soon, seems like you undermine the role of a main character.

Seems like MC barely started to be aware of this whole shady business with drugs and other things, remember his first interaction with Vinny, personally i believe he will play an important role in this otherwise it would be a pointless huge plot device that the player will not have access to and it will be a pretty big disappointment for many players.

Probably it will also depend to some degree on the choices you make if you will get involved in this, especially when comes to Quinn path, but i'm pretty sure one way or another, Tremolo will get involved.

The girls who end up not hooking with MC would probably be involved in other parts of the story, doesn't mean it has to be necessarily about romance, the ones who will matter the most will be the ones which path every player has taken and the others wouldn't be as noticeable if you didn't interact with them too much in the first place.

Basically they could become lesser characters with less screen time and given more chances to hook with MC later in the story if they get involved, but otherwise i don't see the point of interacting very much with the girls you don't even choose, they could just vanish out of the story and make small appearances for the stake of the story telling which involved MC also in this part of the game.

For example i never did Maya and Josy path because i don't really see MC getting involved in their relationship, i seen it as a one time thing and it remained at the level of friendship and their role will remain strictly important to the main story.

Like i said after all it's a video game and everything is fictional, it doesn't have to portray reality to the very point because it really wouldn't feel like a video game in the end.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You know guys if that was me & Maya in that bench scene
I would probably cry too.

I know you are shocked to hear this.

Dec 19, 2019

Long post incoming. TLDR if you don't want to read about the polishing process is that I'm currently playing and polishing Episode 10, and animations are rendering. Skip to the last section of the text if you want to read about bug fixes from v0.9.1.

My polishing process
Today, I figured I would describe my workflow during the polishing phase a little more in-depth than before. And I'll also exemplify how I've worked this past week. I've spent the better part of this week playing the game and taking detailed notes of what must be polished.

Until now, while I have worked with every part of the episode and completed all scenes, I haven't played more than a few playthroughs. There are several scenes I haven't even seen in-game yet.

In this phase of the development - the polishing phase - I play the episode and sometimes prior episodes repeatedly to improve the new content in as many areas as possible.

I play and polish in many different ways, focusing on different things each time. In some playthroughs, I focus solely on the visuals, inspecting every render and animation - spotting if something needs to be changed/fixed/improved/removed/added. I write notes in my code and then go back to fix it after I have racked up a decent list of to-dos.

In other playthroughs, I focus on the story, dialogue, grammar, and continuity and stop caring about other aspects of the game. Similar playthroughs happen for sound/music/mini-games/features/phone content, and more.

And when I'm near the end of this process, I play, trying to take it all in at once and absorb the entire experience.

My first week of polishing Episode 10
This week, I started polishing by playing some branches and looking at them with no particular focus. I tried to enjoy the episode and spot things to fix. My first playthrough was on the Jill branch with mini-games enabled. It took me roughly 15 hours to get through episode 10 while playing in a particularly meticulous way.

While playing, I actively made notes and fixed minor things, but I never rolled back to test fixes and always moved forward in the episode.

As a whole, her branch and content felt very good. Things I found that needed to be fixed after this first pass were:

• Mini-games and their tutorials
  • Music and SFX
  • Choices
  • Details in renders
  • Dialogue
  • Some canon content
This is an example of a render to fix, and errors I find can be as small as this or something bigger.

This is just a reflection error on a bottle that caught my eye.

My second run clocked in at ~13 hours. It was an Others branch game where I saw many exclusive scenes yet missed some of them.

In this playthrough, I got to test a couple of lewd scenes for the first time - scenes that I posed back in January/February but had yet to play. On this pass, I found more things to fix:

• More mini-game bugs
  • Bad dialogue
  • DIK affinity sections that were off
  • Missing music
  • A missing animation
  • Code that crashed a lewd scene
I made a few more playthroughs, and the to-do list grew longer with each of them. I started fixing the issues I found so I could create a new build. It's easier to spot mistakes in a build where it's a clean slate with no known issues. And that's what I'm working on right now.

The to-do list was pretty long, with minor to major things that must be fixed. After I have fixed everything, I will continue playing more with other types of branches and combinations. Rinse and repeat the process in different ways.

My thoughts on this process
And this is what my polishing process is all about and how I've done it for years. At first, the episode will feel very rough, but with each pass, it improves.

The funny and sad part about this is that even though I do this phase countless times for different branches and combinations, I will still miss things. Eventually, my brain grows accustomed to errors, and I can't spot what's wrong within a scene until it gets pointed out to me by someone else. Even something you would say is a glaring issue/error might slip through. But at some point, I will feel I've done what I could to polish the episode. And when I reach that point, and all art has been rendered, I use my team of testers and proofreader for the extra polishing step.

Even after all of that, the release will still have bugs, typos, and occasional errors, but it will be in a state where it's good enough to be released to Patrons and have considerably fewer bugs than it would have if I skipped the polishing phase.

I carry out this meticulous polishing process because I don't want players to be the game's beta testers. I don't think it's fair to put out an episode that hasn't been properly tested after all this time and causes big game-breaking bugs.

It might still happen, and I will kick myself for every single bug that slips through, but at least I can rest well knowing I and my team of testers did the best we could.

This is what I'll do in the upcoming weeks, and I'll try my best to report how it's coming along and what areas I've been working on.

List of fixed bugs
If there is a bug in the Interlude or Episode 9 (v0.9.1) that you are aware of but don't see on the list below, please report it on my Discord server in the bug-reports room, and I'll fix it for this upcoming release.

These are the bugs that have been reported and fixed for v0.10.0 so far, any other bugs you know of, I am unaware of:

• Fixed a bug where the CHICK response on Elena's cluck would subtract one from the total number of CHICK actions instead of adding one.
  • Fixed a bug with the Below Budget perk, which increased the starting budget of the Halloween party by $5.
  • Fixed an issue with Sarah's and Melanie's optional event in the final free-roam event.
  • Fixed an issue with Sarah's optional event in the second free-roam event.
  • Fixed an issue with the timer hampering performance during the drawing mini-game in the Interlude.
  • Fixed an issue where a scene with Becky could happen after the first party activity. Now, it only triggers before this activity as intended.
  • Fixed a bug where save names sometimes reverted to old save file names.
  • Fixed a bug with the Wallpaper setting in the Settings app during the end of the Interlude that caused a crash.
  • Fixed an issue where Maya's lewd scene was stored incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug with the truth or dare game that caused an omission of truth when asked how many you've slept with.
  • Fixed an issue with Lily's gallery scene, causing an emote to misalign the text chat.
  • Fixed an issue with Lily's lewd scene where her tattoos were missing.
  • Updated the description of the Multiplier Madness perk. It worked as intended, but its description was off.
  • Corrected typos
Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
mpa71 right now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Exactly. Maya and Josy are just fine paired off together without the MC’s cock literally up in their business. If any of the girls he doesn’t choose, decide to go find other guys without him, he should be cool with it instead of pining for the road not traveled.

Though that brings up one thing that bugs me a bit. Out of curiosity I tried pursuing Jill while on the DIK route. Clicked the whole “Fight for Jill” deal and everything. And then, in the game, Tremolo himself states that maybe Jill isn’t right for him, even as I’m trying to steer him into her. In real life sometimes you’re interested in someone but they’re not into you—same as when you “try for something more” with Maya and Josy, but you haven’t tried racked up enough Maya points, so it doesn’t happen—and that sucks, but it’s life. But the game had to rationalize Trey and Jill not getting together as something Trey wanted, even though I was steering him to not want it.

Ah well; Jill wouldn’t have been happy anyway. Just so long that she doesn’t fly into the arms of that watermelon-fucker Tybalt. Otherwise Bella and Trey’ll have to get him on the racquetball court and see how many teeth and testicles they can smash.
DIK MC and Jill just aren't right for each other and this branch really isn't written well. Indeed, when you run through the game for the first time on the Jill branch and don’t know the necessary conditions, you don’t have a guide, you don’t understand what went wrong. The first hint that you have the wrong affinity is a meeting in the mansion, after which Jill says “something is wrong here” and there will be no scene. That's it, the route is closed.
Maya and Josy are most likely doomed without MC, he is the stabilizing factor in Throuple. They constantly have some kind of quarrels and tension.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
at the very end of this update how come thy did not show wats gonna Happend in the 10th Update ?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
He is certainly the center of the story though, that is a role of a main character in a video game, despite scripts and whatnot, we talk about general rules.

Not everything revolves around him but the idea of a main character is that he influences the actions of others around him and the world he's in, he doesn't define the world itself but he has the power to influence it, more exactly the player has, he is different than others for being controlled by the player therefore, his importance is also bigger than others.

You don't know if he can change anything or not since the game is not finished and the story is still going on, it's hard to tell what will be what so soon, seems like you undermine the role of a main character.

Seems like MC barely started to be aware of this whole shady business with drugs and other things, remember his first interaction with Vinny, personally i believe he will play an important role in this otherwise it would be a pointless huge plot device that the player will not have access to and it will be a pretty big disappointment for many players.

Probably it will also depend to some degree on the choices you make if you will get involved in this, especially when comes to Quinn path, but i'm pretty sure one way or another, Tremolo will get involved.

The girls who end up not hooking with MC would probably be involved in other parts of the story, doesn't mean it has to be necessarily about romance, the ones who will matter the most will be the ones which path every player has taken and the others wouldn't be as noticeable if you didn't interact with them too much in the first place.

Basically they could become lesser characters with less screen time and given more chances to hook with MC later in the story if they get involved, but otherwise i don't see the point of interacting very much with the girls you don't even choose, they could just vanish out of the story and make small appearances for the stake of the story telling which involved MC also in this part of the game.

For example i never did Maya and Josy path because i don't really see MC getting involved in their relationship, i seen it as a one time thing and it remained at the level of friendship and their role will remain strictly important to the main story.

Like i said after all it's a video game and everything is fictional, it doesn't have to portray reality to the very point because it really wouldn't feel like a video game in the end.
He is the protagonist, but in history I see him as a connecting link, which at certain moments can influence reality, correcting it.. As a protagonist, our MC can influence events.. but not everything. Let's remember the scenes in which MC doesn't participate - there are a lot of them, especially in the second season. While MC is doing something there, we see Jade quarreling with Stephen, Lily making deals with Quinn, Derek looking for Ashley and Riona complaining to Camila about Quinn. DPC expands on the background and shows us the lives of other characters. And it so happened that we, the players, know much more than MC - he is blind compared to us.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
DIK MC and Jill just aren't right for each other and this branch really isn't written well. Indeed, when you run through the game for the first time on the Jill branch and don’t know the necessary conditions, you don’t have a guide, you don’t understand what went wrong. The first hint that you have the wrong affinity is a meeting in the mansion, after which Jill says “something is wrong here” and there will be no scene. That's it, the route is closed.
Maya and Josy are most likely doomed without MC, he is the stabilizing factor in Throuple. They constantly have some kind of quarrels and tension.
How is he a stabilizing factor? They worked out their issues without him in s2 and nothing changes in their relationship if you are in a relationship with them or if they are just friends. Maya rejects his inheritance, Sage supports her either way, the scavenger hunt is completed without a problem or Quinn involvement. Their relationship becomes rocky because of Maya's dad but you can talk to him and help them even as friends.

I could buy that he is a potential unstabilizing factor if he decides to start a relationship in episode 4 then rejects them in episode 9. Josy looked absolutely devastated which probably doesn't bode well for her and Maya.

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
You know guys if that was me & Maya in that bench scene
I would probably cry too.

I know you are shocked to hear this.
Honestly, I'm not shocked anymore. I see Joshy's post and I just expect a love declaration about Maya, or how much bitchy she makes you feel. The reality is that you're a rapist pervert, and you're chasing Maya because nobody wants her, and she's an easy target.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes