lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

View attachment 3037869

This week, I tested unlocking all collectibles and found areas to fix. It was mostly bugs related to unlocking 2D art and some gallery issues that I worked on.

After that, I extended some of the content in Jill's and Sage's branches to give them extra love and attention. Next week, I will continue doing that with Bella's and Josy & Maya's branches. The Others branch will receive similar treatment the week after that.

They are few and far between, but I still find bugs when I play. Some bugs have a big effect on gameplay - like skipping through an entire free-roam event without doing it properly, showing an empty map screen with no places to teleport during free-roams, or messing up the save/load screen after playing a mini-game.

I'm also finding repeated sentences and phrases in the dialogue - these can be hard to spot as I've written almost 30,000 lines of code/dialogue for this episode, counting only the main dialogue files. But the bugs have been easy to fix. At this point, the hard part is finding them, as I have to play differently than I'm used to and try to break the game. I'm sure beta testers will find even more of these issues.

I plan to add bios to the episode soon. I've reached a point where I feel confident there will be no major changes to the episode. I've been testing the new Stats app changes this week and am very happy with how they work. I use this app more than I thought, and the Party Planner tab, particularly, is very useful.

The updated ETA for the animation queue after this week is ~18-19 days. There haven't been any speedbumps in rendering this week. Mid-November is still a promising target for beta testing and proofreading.

The remaining weekly status updates for episode 10 won't be big, but I still want to touch base with you weekly until beta testing starts. There's no shortage of work on my end, and when I feel like I need a break from testing, I will start planning the development of episode 11.

I have already started by adding content to existing mini-games for episode 11. The mini-game work for episode 11 will be much easier and faster compared to episode 10, as the shells to new mini-games were completed during episode 10 development, and all I have to do now is add more content.

Creating all these new features, which will now be re-used with ease, was part of what made episode 10's development take extra time. In less than two days ' work, I've already knocked out six mini-game updates for episode 11. That's six mini-games that are good to go for v0.11.0 right now. That tells me it was worth the time and energy I spent coding the backbone for everything this year. Streamlining the mini-games for the rest of Season 3, with some use in Season 4, has done much for the game's future development.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
Let the “ep 11 will be released faster than ep 10” copium begin

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
From 24-28 to 18-19 left in a week, thats promissing.

But I'm totally skeptical about his comments about his work on ep10 will help ep11. I mean, it will probably help but the update wont come out faster since he will probably increase the number of 60fps animations.

Or make an even bigger update in the best case scenario.

Lets hope Ep11 comes out in 2024.

Last edited:

Harveztrau

Aug 8, 2017
From 24-28 to 18-19 left in a week, that's promising.

But I'm totally skeptical about his comments about his work on ep10 will help ep11. I mean, it will probably help but the update won't be fast since he will probably increase the number of 60fps animations.

Or make an even bigger update in the best case scenario.

Lets hope Ep11 comes out in 2024.
it's 2025, January or February

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017

I have already started by adding content to existing mini-games for episode 11. The mini-game work for episode 11 will be much easier and faster compared to episode 10, as the shells to new mini-games were completed during episode 10 development, and all I have to do now is add more content.

Creating all these new features, which will now be re-used with ease, was part of what made episode 10's development take extra time. In less than two days ' work, I've already knocked out six mini-game updates for episode 11. That's six mini-games that are good to go for v0.11.0 right now. That tells me it was worth the time and energy I spent coding the backbone for everything this year. Streamlining the mini-games for the rest of Season 3, with some use in Season 4, has done much for the game's future development.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake

blank-stare-really.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Dr. Javi and Redd23

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
you're the one who is making a stupid argument just to attribute one more screw to Quinn and sleep easy
Rusty is the president of the Diks because he pays the bills, but he has never shown personality and he has never been, for what we have seen, the man who decides what to do, he has no leadership, so Quinn has no reason to be interested in him, and in fact in the whole game I don't see her or Sage (apart from the flashback) addressing him.

but having the money he could pay for the super services of the restaurant, but even in that scenario it's not credible that he would do that, a guy we see whining on the roof because he's sidelined by a girl who's already engaged I just don't see him being interested in Quinn, with Camilla or Riona he might be, but I would see him being uncomfortable even with Sara, let alone Quinn.

there's not a single reason to think they've ever spoken to each other....

with Vinnie it's propable, with Burke it's possible that she's one of the 3 students. but Rusty...

"but Quinn is a mean bitch and she fucked them all!!!" okay, good night
Sorry but your argument is very stupid yes Rusty doesn't have much leadership skill but the fact he is the dik president means he is in a leadership role. Sage and Quinn have nothing to do with this so you cannot bring them up . This is only about Rusty. But i'm a nice guy so I wont hold it against you :LOL: :LOL: :Kappa:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scopelophila

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019

View attachment 3037869

This week, I tested unlocking all collectibles and found areas to fix. It was mostly bugs related to unlocking 2D art and some gallery issues that I worked on.

After that, I extended some of the content in Jill's and Sage's branches to give them extra love and attention. Next week, I will continue doing that with Bella's and Josy & Maya's branches. The Others branch will receive similar treatment the week after that.

They are few and far between, but I still find bugs when I play. Some bugs have a big effect on gameplay - like skipping through an entire free-roam event without doing it properly, showing an empty map screen with no places to teleport during free-roams, or messing up the save/load screen after playing a mini-game.

I'm also finding repeated sentences and phrases in the dialogue - these can be hard to spot as I've written almost 30,000 lines of code/dialogue for this episode, counting only the main dialogue files. But the bugs have been easy to fix. At this point, the hard part is finding them, as I have to play differently than I'm used to and try to break the game. I'm sure beta testers will find even more of these issues.

I plan to add bios to the episode soon. I've reached a point where I feel confident there will be no major changes to the episode. I've been testing the new Stats app changes this week and am very happy with how they work. I use this app more than I thought, and the Party Planner tab, particularly, is very useful.

The updated ETA for the animation queue after this week is ~18-19 days. There haven't been any speedbumps in rendering this week. Mid-November is still a promising target for beta testing and proofreading.

The remaining weekly status updates for episode 10 won't be big, but I still want to touch base with you weekly until beta testing starts. There's no shortage of work on my end, and when I feel like I need a break from testing, I will start planning the development of episode 11.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
Wonder what life is like in the universe where DPC doesn't have a terrible habit of feature-creeping the shit out of everything.

• Haha
Reactions: sava75 and VOYEUR

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

View attachment 3037869

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
Sounds like we could get by the end of November

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes