Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
You're right, but probably the answer to your question would take away in the limitations of DAZ as a 3D program.
DAZ is an old and weak program, which is practically not developed. It still lacks such elementary functions as snapping and practically no simulation. DAZ works at the level of 2014-2015.
Most of the assets that are sold in DAZ are assets of professional visualizers who sell their models that they used in their architectural visualization projects. These are good models, with good topology, but probably due to some technical limitation they can't sell models with high quality textures.
I don't know what polycount is in DAZ, but I assume it's pretty low, up to a million polygons. For comparison in Zbrush you can create a model with hundreds of millions of polygons.
What can be done? Probably DPC needs to hire its own 3d modeler who will make models based on its references and texture, preparing for import into DAZ.
But DPC has already shown that graphics is not at the top of his own list of priorities.
Yeah, I heard that before about DAZ. Anyway, I think DPC found the golden mean. Between quality, content amount and what he is capable of or not while he is working alone. He provides largest updates than most or almost all competitors and quality/quantity is at the decent levels and balance. If you ask me, I would prefer the 5k+ renders updates with current quality and flaws than 2-2.5k with fixes and insane perfectionism in each of them. And talking about Badik - the game itself is the most complex comparing to others in genre at least in RenPy class and engine. I mean plot decency, tracking the past choices, branching, free-roams, mini-games and so on. And we are only turned a bit past the middle of whole planned game.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

DivineMachine

Dec 6, 2022
it’s definitely a setup episode. It sets up a friendship with some sexual undertones between all the mgs. Means that there’s going to be a more convincing reason for all the mgs to be in the same place at the same time, making dev easier when you don’t need different locations. I mean, I think we can now expect wll the mgs to be at Bella’s xmas party…

It sets up the camera, probably related to Cathy’s pic, it sets up Vinny as a major antagonist to the MC, it sets up Zoey becoming a BR student. I’m probably forgetting most!

The lack of ”progress” was due to the introduction of a multitude of new story elements.
Yeah, interlude was already a setup episode, that's why I expected ep9 to actually move story forward. For Zoey and Vinny it was pretty obvious even before this episode, that they will play bigger part. Zoey got interlude all to her self after all and Vinny was obvious to appear more since Quinn's storyline is going forward. So, yeah, technically biggest episode so far, but story went no where basically. Well, anyway, I have high hopes for ep10.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
What I’m waiting for is when the MC finally tells Sage about Quinn’s criminal enterprise… only to find out she already knows everything, but she’s doing as Rusty does with Tommy’s drug use and whoring, and staying out of it. That’ll break his brain even more than finding out who her family is.
Good point, I hadn't made the analogy between Quinn and Tommy in relation to their respective presidents.

On the prostitution part, we lack different points of view. We don't know everything. How it started, when, where the money goes, and so on.

Between a "fairy tale" version where the girls all agree 100% with no strings attached, and get 100% of the money; and a nightmare version where Quinn forces them all to work and takes almost all the money, there must be a version in between.

For example, some of the HOTs have decided to do it themselves, with a few rules to keep it discreet, and totally optional for sorority members. Rules that Quinn would have partly broken, such as proposing it to candidates (who might therefore feel compelled to accept in order to become HOT, hence the rumored paid tuition), or involving Mr. Burke in some way.

I don't think so. The ending of ep9 implies that Quinn is on a path of redemption and making amends. Her flashback speaks directly to that.
In it, her father tells her to look at her friends as pawns to be sacrificed. But that's when Quinn apologizes to Tommy for the first time in the entire game.
With that act, DPС draws a line under Quinn's character. Now Quinn will stop being a manipulative bitch and start to value the people closest to her.
This passage left me totally undecided.

To me, it means as much what you wrote, as the opposite. Namely, that she needs a pawn because Vinny is causing trouble, and so she makes amends to Tommy out of self-interest and not because she's sincerely sorry for her behavior.

If I had to decide, I'd say she's only sincere to the MC. If she has to throw Rio or Tommy under the bus to save herself, she will, but if she has a relationship with the MC, she won't use him (not as a pawn, anyway). It's also because I think it would be a waste for a character like Quinn to go totally into redemption mode and throw herself on the grenade to save everyone.

Reactions: bloodyasura

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
I have a superficial knowledge and generally understand how it all works, bc I had an experience many years ago with 3d max and other similar software. Since DAZ was made with idea and intended to be as simple as possible for user, while allowing users to get as much as possible w/o a need to use any 3rd party software. A lot of environment assets like a books, calendars, newspapers, etc, etc that will look ridiculous if being the same and being too complicated if each such unit would be made as a separate asset... So, adding/replacing text (using TTF), simply adding some surface textures and so on is implied by default. But things (assets) like suits, costumes, clothes, etc usually sold with a limited customizable options. Like color, print options on T-shirt, etc. That's why I assumed that number on firefighter helmet number is quite hardly a customizable part, because there is not a typical TTF used for it, but a complex texture.

And you had confirmed my assumptions, explaining of how customizing would go when it's outside of the DAZ. All this extra work like exporting to Blender, editing textures in photoshop (especially for characters and suits), etc are not that easy and may took a lot of time. The only thing that bother me and makes my eyes spill blood is the very low res textures here and there (most of the time in S1 but that was enough of them in a S2 too), like grass, some wall/wood ones, etc.

Like, you know, there's a girl standing in front of you, with so high skin detailing, where you can see every pores on her skin, and at the same time - behind or near her there is a shitty lowres textrure of wall or door or grass under her legs... It kills immersion immediately as well as overall quality and devalue the whole work on the scene.

That's what should be fixed at first. And after then the default assets and other stuff. Talking about the default assets and their bundled textures, I sometimes wonder, how the DPC being so a perfectionst, allowing such shit to appear even in Season 3, spending so much time on posing, animations (60 fps animations...), etc... but just killing all of immersion periodically with such a shit:

View attachment 3086823

Being zoomed by camera - Low res bottles texture reveals and JPEG artifacts as well, fuck... As well as some of assets look ugly as fuck too, low polygon shit like playing a game from the beginning of 2000s. All this doesn't deserve to be in such game. Ok, ok... don't give him ideas, no, no, stop :HideThePain:

p.s. and speaking about characters and making them look unique, I think the Josy is the best example, since and until now I hadn't seen appropriate 1:1 copy of her in a lot of fan art I had seen so far. So, even using so simple tools and software like DAZ and just morphing 2 different models together can be done in a way which is hard or almost impossible to repeat. I know one guy from reddit which is obsessed with making a 1:1 replicas of most of the characters, and of course Josy became an obstacle for him. But... he managed his model and morphing so close currently, that she looks like DPCs one. I can notice some flaws here and there, but I never seen so close replicas in fanart before.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Most of that wouldn’t stand out so much if you weren’t looking at a still. which is the draw back with a visual novel.

honestly if DPC is going to up the textures I hope he does it when releasing the full game on steam or something. The final polish before it goes out to the big public.

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
If I had to decide, I'd say she's only sincere to the MC. If she has to throw Rio or Tommy under the bus to save herself, she will, but if she has a relationship with the MC, she won't use him (not as a pawn, anyway). It's also because I think it would be a waste for a character like Quinn to go totally into redemption mode and throw herself on the grenade to save everyone.
Quinn didn't do anything to think that she wouldn't sacrifice anyone in the time of need
I think you both are too optimistic

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Yeah, I heard that before about DAZ. Anyway, I think DPC found the golden mean. Between quality, content amount and what he is capable of or not while he is working alone. He provides largest updates than most or almost all competitors and quality/quantity is at the decent levels and balance. If you ask me, I would prefer the 5k+ renders updates with current quality and flaws than 2-2.5k with fixes and insane perfectionism in each of them. And talking about Badik - the game itself is the most complex comparing to others in genre at least in RenPy class and engine. I mean plot decency, tracking the past choices, branching, free-roams, mini-games and so on. And we are only turned a bit past the middle of whole planned game.
Daz is what you use to setup scenes, iray which is made by Nvidia (see ) is what is used as the rendering engine. That isn’t 2014-2015 tech. Daz is certainly old and in need of a revamp like Blender got, however the potential render quality doesn’t suffer all that much all things considered.

Daz certainly has issues:
- Crashes quite often
- Limited in tools when compared to any other professional 3D tool and Blender
- Loads of assets in the store that are of much lower quality
- Poor bridge software, making it hard to export and import assets from and to other 3D tools
- Shitty hotkeys
- Shitty viewport tools
- UI looks like it was made in 2005

It is however still the easiest tool to make a 3d scene with a wide variety of prepared assets in. that and the Daz store are the primary reason it is so popular.

Oct 22, 2023

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
After seeing the past and present, is it just me or do the past versions look 100 times better?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You and I are different.
I love Maya too, but I'd rather lick her nice and neat pussy. I'd like to see her body shake as I lay at her feet and see her smile on her face.
I would like to taste her juice and then kiss her lips.
And then I'd order the most expensive Italian pizza and we'd watch movies.
And then at night again I would lick her pussy.
Your dream is to make Maya your wife, my dream is to lick her pussy for the rest of my life.
It just occurred to me how DPC could make a lot more money with such fans. He should sell his 3D models to sex doll manufacturers, you then order them and have fun.:rolleyes::unsure:

If he reads this, he might pick up on the idea and implement it.:ROFLMAO:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't think so. The ending of ep9 implies that Quinn is on a path of redemption and making amends. Her flashback speaks directly to that.
In it, her father tells her to look at her friends as pawns to be sacrificed. But that's when Quinn apologizes to Tommy for the first time in the entire game.
With that act, DPС draws a line under Quinn's character. Now Quinn will stop being a manipulative bitch and start to value the people closest to her.
Besides, Sage is pretty smart. She lives by the principle of "don't attack your own" and probably already knows that Quinn is doing something illegal behind her back.
Even if Sage and Quinn run into each other, I imagine the fight will be short-lived and they'll make up soon enough.
Quinn's apology could also be interpreted differently, meaning that she listened to her father and just wants to lull Tommy into a false sense of security.

Reactions: bloodyasura
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes