Aug 29, 2023
I feel dumb for just realizing this today: In previous episodes of BaDIK, each of them ended with a cliffhanger… more or less. Some of them were only 3-foot cliffs, i.e. nothing to actually worry about.
  • Ep 1 ended with the MC getting tased… and we didn’t know why, or what’d come next.
  • Ep 2 with the pledge board—partially visible, so there was some hint as to what was on it, but still.
  • Ep 3 with discovering Maya and Josy are a couple, so now the MC has to stay with Derek, Sage, or Bella.
  • Ep 4 with beginning the evaluation—though that was hardly suspenseful; why wouldn’t the MC and Derek get in?
  • Ep 5 had no cliffhanger; the MC got his DIK jacket after rallying the DIKs to fix their mansion.
  • Ep 6 had Patrick show up unannounced in Maya’s room, and notice Maya’s roommate’s pink bedsheets.
  • Ep 7 had the MC walk in on Chad and Troy.
  • Ep 8 had the MC discover Sage’s parents are the Burkes, and Tybalt’s her brother.
  • Ep 9 had Derek discover a camera in his room’s ceiling, and it’s obviously the camera that took the photo of Jacob fucking Arieth that someone slipped to the Alphas.
But depending on the girl you chose for the MC, Episode 9 throws in an extra cliffhanger. (Unless you chose no one.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some of these are likewise 3-foot cliffs.

What I’m waiting for is when the MC finally tells Sage about Quinn’s criminal enterprise… only to find out she already knows everything, but she’s doing as Rusty does with Tommy’s drug use and whoring, and staying out of it. That’ll break his brain even more than finding out who her family is.

But here’s some of the reason it takes forever to write Episode 10: SEVEN DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS.

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
If Maya was real
Oh boy I would try my absolute hardest to get her to agree to date me

She is the perfect woman
I know I would have to compete with every guy in the world
But I would try my hardest
You and I are different.
I love Maya too, but I'd rather lick her nice and neat pussy. I'd like to see her body shake as I lay at her feet and see her smile on her face.
I would like to taste her juice and then kiss her lips.
And then I'd order the most expensive Italian pizza and we'd watch movies.
And then at night again I would lick her pussy.
Your dream is to make Maya your wife, my dream is to lick her pussy for the rest of my life.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You and I are different.
I love Maya too, but I'd rather lick her nice and neat pussy. I'd like to see her body shake as I lay at her feet and see her smile on her face.
I would like to taste her juice and then kiss her lips.
And then I'd order the most expensive Italian pizza and we'd watch movies.
And then at night again I would lick her pussy.
Your dream is to make Maya your wife, my dream is to lick her pussy for the rest of my life.
I think every guy in the world want to lick her pussy
I think all lesbians do as well

But the best part would be waking up next to her each morning

When a girl has just woken up
Is when she is at her most beautiful

You are right Maya deserves lots of love

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
What I’m waiting for is when the MC finally tells Sage about Quinn’s criminal enterprise… only to find out she already knows everything, but she’s doing as Rusty does with Tommy’s drug use and whoring, and staying out of it. That’ll break his brain even more than finding out who her family is.
I hope that's the case, because the alternative is character assassination on Sage, makes her dumber than Arieth and Dawe combined if every single HOT and DIK knew but her. Its still iffy writing, but he wrote himself into a corner, so it is what it is.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Some of these are likewise 3-foot cliffs.

But here’s some of the reason it takes forever to write Episode 10: SEVEN DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS.
I don't think so. The ending of ep9 implies that Quinn is on a path of redemption and making amends. Her flashback speaks directly to that.
In it, her father tells her to look at her friends as pawns to be sacrificed. But that's when Quinn apologizes to Tommy for the first time in the entire game.
With that act, DPС draws a line under Quinn's character. Now Quinn will stop being a manipulative bitch and start to value the people closest to her.
Besides, Sage is pretty smart. She lives by the principle of "don't attack your own" and probably already knows that Quinn is doing something illegal behind her back.
Even if Sage and Quinn run into each other, I imagine the fight will be short-lived and they'll make up soon enough.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I hope that's the case, because the alternative is character assassination on Sage, makes her dumber than Arieth and Dawe combined if every single HOT and DIK knew but her. Its still iffy writing, but he wrote himself into a corner, so it is what it is.
Yeah, a resolution like that wouldn't be doing Sage any favors (since it'd mean Sage is knowingly handing her sorority to someone who's gonna turn it in full scale brothel) but it's fairly in character and definitely better than the alternative of her just being a complete idiot.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Yeah, a resolution like that wouldn't be doing Sage any favors, but it's fairly in character and definitely better than the alternative of her just being a complete idiot.
To be fair until very recently it used to be only Quinn, Riona and Sarah. So it was much easier to go unnoticed.

Reactions: Ostap Bender

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Very unlikely, lately the game has been giving a ever increasing focus to girls like Quinn, Riona, Lily and Nicole.

Also, Zoey is a thing, so I dont think DPC is worried about limiting the size of the game.

About tomorrow preview, I wonder who will appear on it.

I'm betting Zoey or Quinn.
I'm betting Josy or Sage
That or DPC will do something like what he did for 9

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
What's in the November 6th news on Patreon? I assume it's been posted here but the search function isn't very helpful - particularly because it doesn't allow sorting on dates. Still gotta sift through 50 pages.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Yeah. In theory, everything is customizable because, even when you can't do it in Daz, you can go to another software (like Blender for meshes and Photoshop for textures), but some customizations are easier than others. Don't think, though, that using only dials is always an easy way out. For characters, for instance, if you just want to change a minor detail, it'll be easy, but creating an entire new character with dials to the point people will recognize it as custom (that is, "never seen before") and also looks good it's something that takes a day or more (depending on your perfectionism). Poses are another example -- and, since most of them are made for the base form (the Genesis whatever number), the more your character departs from the base form, the more you have to adjust it (and posing is something you basically only deal with dials -- and it takes a lot of time). And, sometimes, going out of Daz is something that is overhead.

In the case of the firefighter helmet, It's an easy customization (for those who have practice with some photo editor like Photoshop or Gimp) because, as you can see in the promos of the asset, there are many variations, and when you look at the photo of the clay render (without textures) you can see the surface is flat. When there's some relief, one would have to go to a software like Blender to modify it or erase it, but since it doesn't, you just have to create the textures which, in this case, is not even a complex texture, so you just erase the number and add another one (and it doesn't even need to be the same typeface). But I don't think this would be necessary because, unless there's some hidden meaning in the numbers, any number would do. In fact, in scriptwriting theory, the recommendation is to not add any relevant detail unless it means to the movie (or TV show, or novel, or whatever). So the fact he uses the default number is a tell that it means nothing; if he had changed it would either be a tell that it means something or create a red herring which, if it were unintentional, would be a mistake.

On the other hand, in the case of the security guy's uniform, I think it was a mistake because the NYPD badge conveys more information than a mere number, thus it either creates the idea that NYPD has some meaning (which is a little absurd since he's a security guy in a college) or that it was some sloppy design, an oversight. So I agree with you on that matter. But, of course, since, on the whole, DPC is way superior to the vast majority of the other devs, it's excusable (even more when it's something that happened in season 1). And maybe (since he codes a lot and likes to do mini-games) DPC came from a coding background and not a graphic designer background, so he wasn't (at least, back them) acquainted with Photoshop and used to customize materials as he was with coding so changing the badge would be too much without hiring someone... (And, even today, he does little customizations for material or textures; the most notorious one being the HOTs' uniform which, in fact, is just the colors of one of the default materials with the inscription "HoT" from another, with a cyan detail on the side which can be done inside Daz; most of his customizations were like this -- coloring).

We have to keep in mind that, when you do a VN (adult or not) alone, it's like doing a movie or a TV show and you have to be the director, the producer, the screenwriter, the cinematographer, the editor, the sound designer, the costume designer, the architect and props maker, and even an actor by proxy (and, even when you don't create the assets yourself, which is most of the cases, you have at least to select them; something that, when well done, also takes a lot of time). Thus, it's a lot of work and everything you can do to save time is a rational decision. Because, even if customizing the firefighter's helmet would be easy, if you start to do this for every element in the scene, the time spent will add up, and you'll end up spending a month or more just customizing them. So, yeah, in an ideal world, everything would be custom-made like in Hollywood movies, but in the world of AVNs we have to select what matters and let the rest go.
I have a superficial knowledge and generally understand how it all works, bc I had an experience many years ago with 3d max and other similar software. Since DAZ was made with idea and intended to be as simple as possible for user, while allowing users to get as much as possible w/o a need to use any 3rd party software. A lot of environment assets like a books, calendars, newspapers, etc, etc that will look ridiculous if being the same and being too complicated if each such unit would be made as a separate asset... So, adding/replacing text (using TTF), simply adding some surface textures and so on is implied by default. But things (assets) like suits, costumes, clothes, etc usually sold with a limited customizable options. Like color, print options on T-shirt, etc. That's why I assumed that number on firefighter helmet number is quite hardly a customizable part, because there is not a typical TTF used for it, but a complex texture.

And you had confirmed my assumptions, explaining of how customizing would go when it's outside of the DAZ. All this extra work like exporting to Blender, editing textures in photoshop (especially for characters and suits), etc are not that easy and may took a lot of time. The only thing that bother me and makes my eyes spill blood is the very low res textures here and there (most of the time in S1 but that was enough of them in a S2 too), like grass, some wall/wood ones, etc.

Like, you know, there's a girl standing in front of you, with so high skin detailing, where you can see every pores on her skin, and at the same time - behind or near her there is a shitty lowres textrure of wall or door or grass under her legs... It kills immersion immediately as well as overall quality and devalue the whole work on the scene.

That's what should be fixed at first. And after then the default assets and other stuff. Talking about the default assets and their bundled textures, I sometimes wonder, how the DPC being so a perfectionst, allowing such shit to appear even in Season 3, spending so much time on posing, animations (60 fps animations...), etc... but just killing all of immersion periodically with such a shit:

ep9_ending8.jpg

Being zoomed by camera - Low res bottles texture reveals and JPEG artifacts as well, fuck... As well as some of assets look ugly as fuck too, low polygon shit like playing a game from the beginning of 2000s. All this doesn't deserve to be in such game. Ok, ok... don't give him ideas, no, no, stop :HideThePain:

p.s. and speaking about characters and making them look unique, I think the Josy is the best example, since and until now I hadn't seen appropriate 1:1 copy of her in a lot of fan art I had seen so far. So, even using so simple tools and software like DAZ and just morphing 2 different models together can be done in a way which is hard or almost impossible to repeat. I know one guy from reddit which is obsessed with making a 1:1 replicas of most of the characters, and of course Josy became an obstacle for him. But... he managed his model and morphing so close currently, that she looks like DPCs one. I can notice some flaws here and there, but I never seen so close replicas in fanart before.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Razrback16

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
And you had confirmed my assumptions, explaining of how customizing would go when it's outside of the DAZ. All this extra work like exporting to Blender, editing textures in photoshop (especially for characters and suits), etc are not that easy and may took a lot of time. The only thing that bother me and makes my eyes spill blood is the very low res textures here and there (most of the time in S1 but that was enough of them in a S2 too), like grass, some wall/wood ones, etc.

Like, you know, there's a girl standing in front of you, with so high skin detailing, where you can see every pores on her skin, and at the same time - behind or near her there is a shitty lowres textrure of wall or door or grass under her legs... It kills immersion immediately as well as overall quality and devalue the whole work on the scene.

That's what should be fixed at first. And after then the default assets and other stuff. Talking about the default assets and their bundled textures, I sometimes wonder, how the DPC being so a perfectionst, allowing such shit to appear even in Season 3, spending so much time on posing, animations (60 fps animations...), etc... but just killing all of immersion periodically with such a shit:
You're right, but probably the answer to your question would take away in the limitations of DAZ as a 3D program.
DAZ is an old and weak program, which is practically not developed. It still lacks such elementary functions as snapping and practically no simulation. DAZ works at the level of 2014-2015.
Most of the assets that are sold in DAZ are assets of professional visualizers who sell their models that they used in their architectural visualization projects. These are good models, with good topology, but probably due to some technical limitation they can't sell models with high quality textures.
I don't know what polycount is in DAZ, but I assume it's pretty low, up to a million polygons. For comparison in Zbrush you can create a model with hundreds of millions of polygons.
What can be done? Probably DPC needs to hire its own 3d modeler who will make models based on its references and texture, preparing for import into DAZ.
But DPC has already shown that graphics is not at the top of his own list of priorities.

Reactions: Kpyna
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes