Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
It's just that the scoundrel attacked unexpectedly.
Quinn was tired, and for a moment she let her guard down.
Fighting evil is exhausting.:cautious:
So Quinn has to be armed and on guard? Would you like Sage's arms tied behind her back while you're at it? Have her blindfolded? Drugged?

If Quinn gets exhausted after evil gives her that many handicaps, she isn't much now is she. In fact "evil" is probably unfair for something that gives that many handicaps.

I summed up why Quinn has a better chance already.
On what basis do you assume Quinn’s fighting instincts wouldn’t activate upon seeing this berserker you make out of Sage? Also, it doesn’t necessarily take skill to defeat an angry opponent. Where did you learn what you know about fights, in movies? :rolleyes:
It's the movies that market the false idea that the one who keeps their cool automatically wins. It's easier to read someone who has lost their temper, yes, but you have to know some basics to have that advantage.

And based on what we actually know Quinn's dad fought all her battles for her and without him she is a lost little kitten. There is no actual proof she knows anything about fighting beyond a knee to the groin and a bitch slap. She couldn't even keep MC in a sleeper hold.

Sage hasn't had much training, but we have no indication of Quinn having any at all. So on the basis of evidence Sage would win.

You have to offer something better than flimsy excuses for Quinn's poor performance. It's much more plausible that daddy's girl just never learned to actually fight.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Overconfidence... She thinks that if she puts on this "whore mask" and acts like a whore, everyone will respect her like her father... But under the mask is just a shy little girl full of anxiety , and he wants to meet his father's expectations at all costs... He didn't have a "normal" childhood, he only knows this life, and he is not yet willing to admit that there is a "normal" life... Now he does all the stupid things without rational and considered decisions.. And if he doesn't realize his mistakes soon, he will be lost in some dark alley... So overconfidence is a "double-edged sword" that can hurt you too... Never underestimate anyone just because you have a gun... ;)
??? You kinda lost me here. Quinn is a he? I seriously don't know what point you are making or how it is a reply to anything I said.

Reactions: ModiThorrson

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
??? You kinda lost me here. Quinn is a he? I seriously don't know what point you are making or how it is a reply to anything I said.
My comment wasn't directed against your comment... I was merely reacting to what Quinn's basic reaction is in a situation like this... So no hard feelings don't worry...

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
if the new bf cheating too, than he do what did the ex bf. the new bf same bad as the ex bf, not more worse, because Sage is same. Sin is same. Situation is same. everything is same.
I think the idea is that cheating is cheating, that's the same, but the situation would be worse if you cheat on Sage after all that. You know that Sage was in a relationship where she was cheated on, and it really hurt her, but then you get in a relationship with Sage yourself and cheat on her. So it's not the cheating itself, but rather doing it knowing full well that she has been hurt like that before.

This scale does not exist, but let's say cheating is a 10 on the asshole scale, Chad is a 10 for cheating. You are a 10 for cheating, but you also have 2 extra on the made-up asshole scale for causing hurt by repeating a past pain that you are aware of. So you have 12 asshole points, which is more than the 10 asshole points Chad has.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
if the new bf cheating too, than he do what did the ex bf. the new bf same bad as the ex bf, not more worse, because Sage is same. Sin is same. Situation is same. everything is same.
Look at it this way.
1.Sage just got out of a relationship where Chad cheated on her and used her as a cover for his homosexuality.
2. Sage has never been in a relationship where the partner showed feelings for her/cared about her. She was looked at as an object because of her attractive look and social status
3. Sage has a very difficult time trusting and opening up to people.
And after all this, she will find out that the guy who finally showed real interest in her and cared about her, theat person she trusted and opened up, turned out to be a real scumbag and betrayed her. What will happen to her after this, will she be able to trust someone after this? I think no.
So no, it's not the same thing. This is worse. Even bigger evil.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Look at it this way.
1.Sage just got out of a relationship where Chad cheated on her and used her as a cover for his homosexuality.
2. Sage has never been in a relationship where the partner showed feelings for her/cared about her. She was looked at as an object because of her attractive look and social status
3. Sage has a very difficult time trusting and opening up to people.
And after all this, she will find out that the guy who finally showed real interest in her and cared about her, theat person she trusted and opened up, turned out to be a real scumbag and betrayed her. What will happen to her after this, will she be able to trust someone after this? I think no.
So no, it's not the same thing. This is worse. Even bigger evil.
Oh Lord, so many nuances. :cautious:
family-guy-peter-griffin.gif

iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
There's nothing about loyalty involved here, I'm not suggesting he's taken Riona to get her to work for him!

Okay, I'll change the wording slightly then - you hurt me, so I'm going to hurt you. It's about payback, revenge, not taking something as collatoral. Yes, money is a big thing, but power is another, and it's also important for a thug like Vinny to have the power and not allow someone like Quinn to take that from him. Taking Riona (to either hurt her, or just show that he can hurt her, and by "her" I mean anyone close to Quinn, or even Quinn herself) is a power play to teach Quinn a lesson. I'd be very surprised if it was just about trying to get money out of Quinn.
i am pretty sure. the revenge, the lesson, the payback is the motivation, not the closure. i think the money as answer for kidnap is coming from thinking how solve the kidnap case. Vinny will give back Rio for what?
p.s. i didnt think you suggested he take Rio to work. i am suggesting Vinny dont want only the strippers back. he should want more. i am thinking what can be the more and what cant be the more.

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
i am pretty sure. the revenge, the lesson, the payback is the motivation, not the closure. i think the money as answer for kidnap is coming from thinking how solve the kidnap case. Vinny will give back Rio for what?
p.s. i didnt think you suggested he take Rio to work. i am suggesting Vinny dont want only the strippers back. he should want more. i am thinking what can be the more and what cant be the more.

Quinn has been moving in on Vinny's "turf" by taking his customers off campus. Vinnie talked to buddy about part of that which is why he asked about Buddies loyalty to Quinn. Vinnie's more than likely planning to put Quinn out of business and take over the campus "turf". Rio would give him some bit of leverage or maybe to be made an example of as a warning. How things play out from that we'll see but the end goal for Vinnie is to take over Quinn's drug sales.

Reactions: mintymuz

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I would think "stop taking my business" (or whatever) would be the "payment" rather than a literal cash payment. I don't have experience in taking people hostage, but I would suggest that it's maybe one of two things you want in return for letting your hostage/s go - one is money, yes, but the other is an alternative type of payment - you want the other person to do something.

What does the other person (in this case Quinn) have that you want? What can they (Quinn) do that would lead to an outcome that is favourable to you? The answer here is that Quinn has take over some of Vinny's customers, meaning he has less power and less regular cash. Paying a ransom isn't going to do much for that, so it's more likely (IMO) that he would want something else. He wants Quinn to do something (or stop doing something).

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes