Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Guy makes a game called Being a Dik, and when he acts like one, people complain :D
to be truthfull im not complaining at all, maybe dissapointed will be a better word for it, as someone who has follow dpc from his demo of AL to todays update , i understand the whole warning of "i dont support bugs that can happen in the game for you using mods" but only that, any devs that make the whole "fuck you for using mods in the game" is clearly being an ass to part of his fanbase, considering a lot of people use cheats because they find it fun :)

A moot point for a moot discussion.
Yes sometimes very rarely piracy invokes interest and turns people towards the patreon.
In many other cases it does so sligthly but without the new users even care about thinking to support the author.
i tell you that a whole lot of people here support devs, so "very rarely" is not true.
You can ask a few devs who make his 70% 80% of his patreon page and they will tell you they come from pirate sites, a whole lot of them being f95 probably.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
There are annoying people everywhere though just as well for the handy ignore function I've seen a lot of other devs get on with it. And not everyone can afford or has the means to support the guy.
I choose to support smaller devs on the come up to keep em motivated to not abandon their games until they hit a good amount of patrons and then i move to the next dev that needs support. this guy is in a very good spot. in such a short amount of time too because of sites like this.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
i tell you that a whole lot of people here support devs, so "very rarely" is not true.
You can ask a few devs who make his 70% 80% of his patreon page and they will tell you they come from pirate sites, a whole lot of them being f95 probably.
You are ignoring the silent majority.
Many if not most users of pirate sites are only registered to download.

Yes some devs see a flux from users originated from piracy sites.
But they don't even see a glimpse of the many many MANY users who only download their work without consent or compensation.

Sometimes a game that is popular on piracy sites is shut down by the dev for not enough support or piracy.

There is no guarantee whatsoever that pirating a game is cause for more patreon support.
As said: Yes some people see that game on piracy sites and support the dev but many/most don't.

Last edited:

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018

But they don't even see a glimpse of the many many MANY users who only download their work without consent or compensation.
But without these pirate sites, most people probably wouldn't find half of the games on here. it a double edged sword. they need each other even though sometimes one side doesn't like to admit it.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017

but thats pirating for you, tough what im debating here is that most pirates at some point support devs and they usually are the whole fanbase & support of said games, they earn more from having their game in a pirating site than they lost for people that pirate the game.

Take witcher 3 as an example, did they lost money for not using drm? yes of course, but from a side point people that have money will buy the game after seeing how good it is, hell i remember pirating it and then end up buying the game in ps4 and in pc ;)

the whole point is that any good devs will earn more than lose from it, be it spread word & free publicity or flux of pirates end up supporting them in patreon.

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
Just choose the PC file from the torrent version that is shared few posts before. Its 6gb. I scanned it and playing it right now. Perfectly fine. Everything works. Good luck all DIKs !

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017

Sometimes a game that is popular on piracy sites is shut down by the dev for not enough support or piracy.

There is no guarantee whatsoever that pirating a game is cause for more patreon support.
As said: Yes some people see that game on piracy sites and support the dev but many/most don't.
Like you said it`s a moote discussion,people who are going to support,will support.Others won`t,period.
It`s a pirate forum,another period.
Personally I would not be aware of the existence of 99% of the games if it wasn`t for F95,if there`s even 1 person that started to support any dev because he found out about a game because of this forum(and theres much,much more than 1) than it`s an overall profit for the dev.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
can someone upload new update to or sth?
as soon as the mods are aware of the game being out the op will be updated with more "friendly" dl links im sure... since i have like 200kbps download speed i will be playing this in 7+ hours anyway :KEK::WutFace:

• Sad
Reactions: arzal

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Can someone reply this when Android version comes out? I dont want to risk reading further messages to avoid potential spoilers. Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Reactions: wizu and --5555
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes