michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Nobody said AL is a bad game in fact most people enjoyed the game rite until that fiery ending

But that brings me back to the point that even tho badik shows signs off getting a bad ending like AL

Just don't make sense in the long run why do the same trick rite after the first trick

But anyways onward to a better topic Jill was probally gonna visit Bella in that texting scene and then she stumbles onto Cathy being there airing hher heart out after that leaked pic...

Sage probally off to either the Jocks or to the Tybalt mansion the way she was dressed I am almost certain its for the Tybalt party

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Quinn feels like she's being built up to take a heavy fall at some point that will teach her the error of her ways and probably see her have a redemption arc with the help of the MC.
A redemption arc for Quinn would be boring and very cliche IMO.

For those that dislike her now, it really isn't going to do anything for them, while for those that do like her, turning her into just "another nice girl" isn't something they'd want. There's room for a Viconia, Dark-Side Bastila, Morrigan in the game (hopefully).

IIRC, name88 - King of Hearts wants to take her to a S.American Island where she will run a drug cartel while pumping out babies. For me, I've stated that I want her to be my Lady Macbeth for my 100% DIK affinity B&R take-over ending.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:devilish:

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020

For those that dislike her now, it really isn't going to do anything for them, while for those that do like her, turning her into just "another nice girl" isn't something they'd want. There's room for a Viconia, Dark-Side Bastila, Morrigan in the game (hopefully).

IIRC, name88 - King of Hearts wants to take her to a S.American Island where she will run a drug cartel while pumping out babies.

:devilish:
1. Everyone can be redeemed given the chance, let alone change.
2. Morrigan was best softie, along side Nightingale. If only we could bang all three.
3. How can one have babies with a computer?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Hang on, didn't Viconia and Bastilla both get redemption options?

That said, I don't think 'redemption' for Quinn would mean she becomes a CHICKish character. I think it means she would remain her brash self, just with a touch more empathy and a lot less stupid decision making.

faded.blue

Dec 18, 2018
AL is not a bad game. The full story with all the twists and revelations actually would make a good script for a Hollywood movie.

The problem with AL is that it started as a lighthearted Dating Sim where mc has opportunities to have sex with different girls. After some episodes the topics became darker (death, drugs, violence) and there where more consequences, blocking further progress with the main LIs if mc was dating other girls. And then everything turned into a psycho thriller type nightmare. So from start to end AL completely changed target audience. AL is a good choice if you look for a psycho thriller game with some sex scenes, but it is the completely wrong choice for people who look for a lighthearted sex and romance VN. Having to choose between M and M is no fun, accompanying your best friend on his bucket list tour neither.

Since the story of AL in 2020 is widely known, adding some of the dark twists to BaDIK would hardly work since players will recognize the pattern and there won't be any surprise but mostly rejection.

AL contains the blueprint for mc+Maya+Josy threesome, but I really hope that BaDIK doesn't follow AL after choosing "more than friends". (Maybe I missed a scene but) the mc+M+M relationship in AL was strange and disappointing. A man and two women end together in a relationship, they live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, but they don't have sex together. Instead they agree to start seperate dating series where the mc dates one of them or the other. One of the scenes in AL where mc dates Megan with dinner and sex in a hotel room is very similar to the scene in BaDIK where mc dates Josy at home (first college weekend, dinner and sex in her parent's bedroom), except for the ending of the scene. However BaDIK's start with Maya and Josy being a lesbian couple is a much better start than M+M just being BFFs without sexual interest in each other.
My takeaway is that don't do M+F+F just because "oh harem is unrealistic but I know you want a harem". It has to be an actual triangle with special dynamic rather than two separate and unrelated strings (three in this case). We have much more episodes this time though, so I'm confident it'll be well developed. And then, I think dark plot is fine, but killing off a major love interest is really..too much of a transition. The dev really has a thing for this trope, though. When MC discovered that Josy and Maya were a couple, the narration is imo quite melodramatic.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
1. Everyone can be redeemed given the chance, let alone change.
It's not a question of can but a question of whether actual Quinn fans want one or not. Considering she isn't a LI, I seriously doubt that she'll get two completely different character arcs so it's going to be one or the other.
3. How can one have babies with a computer?
When, if ever, DPC adds a pregnancy tag to the game of course ;) but for details of Name 88's plan, I'll let him elaborate himself.

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020
It's not a question of can but a question of whether actual Quinn fans want one or not. Considering she isn't a LI, I seriously doubt that she'll get two completely different character arcs so it's going to be one or the other.

When, if ever, DPC adds a pregnancy tag to the game of course ;) but for details of Name 88's plan, I'll let him elaborate himself.
1. In a way she is a LI, specially after/if people go with the friendship route with Softie One and Two. Personally I would like to see her change, go through a event that shakes her to the core and we see her have to reach out to seek comfort.

2. Well considering since we more than likely knocked up Jade, its bound to be added.

3. Must require alot of lube.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Neither of them, even in quotation marks, are evil. Tommy buys drugs from Quinn and has probably also bought things from her "menu", and Quinn is a wild girl who is doing these illicit things to keep the HOTs afloat, but neither have truly evil intentions, they're kinda just assholes who don't think seriously about their actions.

Quinn feels like she's being built up to take a heavy fall at some point that will teach her the error of her ways and probably see her have a redemption arc with the help of the MC.
"evil" Tommy
is a quotation from the game. Derek used this expression in ch. 4. Since BaDIK is kind of college comedy, I don't expect serious crimes, serious torture or murder.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Nobody said AL is a bad game in fact most people enjoyed the game rite until that fiery ending
A case of lesson learned with AL he's walking a tightrope now as he no longer has a job and going down a similar route to AL could hit him hard especially if there was another backlash.
In AL, DPC kind of set out to tell a classic tragedy - and plenty of characters die in those. Juliet, Anna Karenina, Jack (Titanic), Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame) etc. So, story wise, I wasn't too upset with it.

Problem was that DPC wasn't writing a novel but a game, and forcing a Sophie's choice onto players to force a narrative outcome was certainly not the best idea he ever had. I agree with the idea that he's learnt that lesson.

alphatk

Jan 22, 2018
Maybe a dumb question, but i´m really stuck in the start of Chapter two.
I´m now in "Maggot Brothers" and have the task to chat.
But also if iv´ve talked to everyone it won´t go on.
Can someone help me?

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
This AL and BaD comparison, first I want to say that I like both really really much (even I love)

But this would mean so many different routes that completed the game would probably be 20-40GB size.
And the DPC is trying to be able to keep the story somehow together.

But as i said earlier, lets the DPC do his magic and see what going happen future.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Except it wouldn't be different character arcs, it would just be one as it would be part of her overall character development.

We start off seeing her as this hard-edged, bitchy character whose single-mindedly determined to make money through illicit means, but then we also get glimpses of a scared and vulnerable side too. So, if something were to happen that causes her ventures to collapse and she ends up in potentially serious trouble, then that other side might come out a little more and help her to grow as a character as she, and likely the MC, set about trying to put things right.

To me, it feels like the underlying story of this game, the connective tissue, is Quinn and her shady businesses, that what happens there is going to impact the MC, and by extension his various relationships and the other characters around him.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Quinn is not listed as one of the "Main Girls" but as a "Side Girl", but she is present in the logo together with the 5 main girls. In TV series it is possible and common that a side character is promoted to a main character if his part becomes more important in the series.
It seems that the game now splits more into the 3 affinity-paths (DIK, neutral and CHICK) with 2 girls for each path : Quinn + Sage (DIK), Josy + Maya (neutral), Bella + Jill (CHICK). In this context promoting Quinn to a Main Girl would make sense.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017

But that brings me back to the point that even tho badik shows signs off getting a bad ending like AL

Just don't make sense in the long run why do the same trick rite after the first trick

But anyways onward to a better topic Jill was probally gonna visit Bella in that texting scene and then she stumbles onto Cathy being there airing hher heart out after that leaked pic...

Sage probably off to either the Jocks or to the Tybalt mansion the way she was dressed I am almost certain its for the Tybalt party
:unsure: I actually did enjoy that ending the most... or am I kidding?:p

With overdose it can easily turn into tragicomedy though.
I'm pretty sure someone will die or get very sick...... it won't be the first time for DPC but maybe this time it will be a friend of the mc or the parent instead of a LI
2. Well considering since we more than likely knocked up Jade, it's bound to be added.
Jade is a very smart woman, I very much doubt that

A case of lesson learned with AL he's walking a tightrope now as he no longer has a job and going down a similar route to AL could hit him hard especially if there was another backlash.
I actually did not mind that much the ending... yeah it was pretty bad to do that but I think I'm more accepting of such endings after being heartbroken a hundred times by Tomoyo After story.... and "Key" games...

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Maybe a dumb question, but i´m really stuck in the start of Chapter two.
I´m now in "Maggot Brothers" and have the task to chat.
But also if iv´ve talked to everyone it won´t go on.
Can someone help me?
The free-roam part? if you have talked with everyone and you explore the mansion a bit you need to find a narrow hallway a lot of people miss the arrow at the bottom of the screen make sure to click on that.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
People need to get over this. The game already warned everyone in the beginging about its contents.
Also he (dev) never lost support over his story choices in AL, on the contrary he got increasingly number of patrons. There is no reason to believe that now he will shy away from telling the story how he wants because of this.

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes