N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Development news

This week I really focused on preparing static renders and writing. I also spent some time doing something completely different, learning new skills in order to improve my renders. I picked up a few new tricks to for lighting and node weight maps, that I've already started using.

The episode is getting bigger every time I sit down to write it and I'm having so much fun while creating it!

For the dialogue, I have ~14 scenes to finish up; some of them are partially done and a few I haven't started on, yet.

I estimate the script to be ~70-80% completed. And frankly that's added some stress, because right now it's about the same size as Episode 2.

I was aiming to make this episode a tad shorter, but it looks like that's not going to happen. I'm very glad I decided to split Hell week into two episodes.

Even though the update is getting this big, I'm not going to cut any content. The episode is fully mapped out, I just need to fill in the blanks.

For renders, it's hard to tell how far along I am, since the episode is bigger than my original aim. I estimate that I'm 40% done with static renders.

For animations, 40% are completed and ~80%, of the total animation count, have been posed.

As there are many coding tasks left to complete in addition to renders and dialogue, I estimate that the total development of Episode 3 is about 35-40% completed.

Poll news

Today a poll ended where +$10 patrons decided the animation type for Camila.

"Against the wall (Face to face)" won in all polls. So look forward to seeing that in Episode 3.

Other news

In development related news, I'm going on a five week vacation from my IRL job in July, and that's a win-win situation for all of us.

Last year I worked full-time on Acting Lessons during my vacation, so it's been two years since I had an actual vacation.

I'm going to take two weeks "off" from game development, meaning that I will spend time with my spouse, go on daily trips, relax and do whatever we feel like doing for the day.

Whenever I'm having off-days and during evenings/nights, I will check up on renders and work a bit on the game. I'm still going to be able to keep my PCs rendering 24/7.

After that, I have three weeks that I will spend working on the game, full-time (Read 16-18 hours daily, because that's my current full-time schedule). I'm really excited about this, because working on the game for me is 100% fun.

So, all in all, I will be working more on the game, in July, than during any given month, but expect two weeks where I actually, somewhat, relax and recharge my batteries.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Dr PinkCake

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018

Development news

This week I really focused on preparing static renders and writing. I also spent some time doing something completely different, learning new skills in order to improve my renders. I picked up a few new tricks to for lighting and node weight maps, that I've already started using.

The episode is getting bigger every time I sit down to write it and I'm having so much fun while creating it!

For the dialogue, I have ~14 scenes to finish up; some of them are partially done and a few I haven't started on, yet.

I estimate the script to be ~70-80% completed. And frankly that's added some stress, because right now it's about the same size as Episode 2.

I was aiming to make this episode a tad shorter, but it looks like that's not going to happen. I'm very glad I decided to split Hell week into two episodes.

Even though the update is getting this big, I'm not going to cut any content. The episode is fully mapped out, I just need to fill in the blanks.

For renders, it's hard to tell how far along I am, since the episode is bigger than my original aim. I estimate that I'm 40% done with static renders.

For animations, 40% are completed and ~80%, of the total animation count, have been posed.

As there are many coding tasks left to complete in addition to renders and dialogue, I estimate that the total development of Episode 3 is about 35-40% completed.

Poll news

Today a poll ended where +$10 patrons decided the animation type for Camila.

"Against the wall (Face to face)" won in all polls. So look forward to seeing that in Episode 3.

Other news

In development related news, I'm going on a five week vacation from my IRL job in July, and that's a win-win situation for all of us.

Last year I worked full-time on Acting Lessons during my vacation, so it's been two years since I had an actual vacation.

I'm going to take two weeks "off" from game development, meaning that I will spend time with my spouse, go on daily trips, relax and do whatever we feel like doing for the day.

Whenever I'm having off-days and during evenings/nights, I will check up on renders and work a bit on the game. I'm still going to be able to keep my PCs rendering 24/7.

After that, I have three weeks that I will spend working on the game, full-time (Read 16-18 hours daily, because that's my current full-time schedule). I'm really excited about this, because working on the game for me is 100% fun.

So, all in all, I will be working more on the game, in July, than during any given month, but expect two weeks where I actually, somewhat, relax and recharge my batteries.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Dr PinkCake
We all love and admire you DrPinkCake! Enjoy your vacation to the fullest!

Nevu

Mar 23, 2018
Nothing is of the table... as long as people admit Jill is the best girl in BaDiK
So are you over that phase of dissing every VN girl thats not Lauren.

On the fence with Isabella because I got tired of Ice Queens/ Tsunderes but she does seem like a dependable and caring person deep down. Killer bod too, shame bout the "married" part.
I completely agree. Bella would be my 2nd favourite, next to best girl Jill, but her tsundere behaviour puts me off. I just dislike that behaviour where females pretend to hate you when they actually care, like whats the point of covering up.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
So are you over that phase of dissing every VN girl thats not Lauren.

I completely agree. Bella would be my 2nd favourite, next to best girl Jill, but her tsundere behaviour puts me off. I just dislike that behaviour where females pretend to hate you when they actually care, like whats the point of covering up.
No... I'm just saying Jill is the best girl in BaDiK, that's all

Reactions: Nevu

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Fantabaldu ladymaria2072 smokebox Mytez Eerie Entity Mormont

as everyone who loves and is hyped about this game i wonder what would happen if something similar happens in acting lessons where we have to chose who lives between Sage and Maya or Bella and Jill

like how it was with Missy and Megan

honesty though i think we will both know who we would chose if it was Quinn and Sage :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

oh crap i think i just started a new type of best girl/waifu war :oops:

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

as everyone who loves and is hyped about this game i wonder what would happen if something similar happens in acting lessons where we have to chose who lives between Sage and Maya or Bella and Jill

honesty though i think we will both know who we would chose if it was Quinn and Sage :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry but JIll would survive

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017

I think the choice will be between Josy and Maya because we're forced in relationship with them from the start. Of course, that doesn't mean it won't be hard choices for other girls also.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017

If I had to burn one, it would be Jill. That way Bella would get super sad and MC could take advantage of that. And with Jill dying, her fortune would go to her closest relative, Bella, because you can't be closer than yourself from the future.

Nevu

Mar 23, 2018
If I had to burn one, it would be Jill. That way Bella would get super sad and MC could take advantage of that. And with Jill dying, her fortune would go to her closest relative, Bella, because you can't be closer than yourself from the future.
I'd burn Bella just so she can stop cockblocking me from my queen, then marry Jill and live a lavish life.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes