Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
Is there a route where you can be in a relationship with sage instead of fuck buddies?

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I hope we'll find out who's the troll behind the fake Tybalt's account. This guy is an evil genius. :BootyTime:

View attachment 678857
Yes, Yes, Yes That reveal will be epic...

But no no no...Everone knows that Arieth is top tier!!
and WTF is Bella and Mya doing in row C?
Sage and Jill is spot on...but should be one tier lower to make way for Goddess Arieth

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Is there a route where you can be in a relationship with sage instead of fuck buddies?
Not at the moment. We still have anywhere from 7-15 episodes left, so there's plenty of time for it to advance beyond being FBs.

Reactions: Moffy

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Some sort of power grab for them? or getting Sage out of the picture. I felt sorry for Sage in this update I've said to others it looks as though Chad is just using her and these so called friends around her are in some way plotting against her. Either way I hope it all fails and Sage has the last laugh on them.
I can understand the power grab but Sage is a senior, she's on her way out anyway. I guess they couldn't just let her finish her final year. Savages. xD

That opening monologue might be more telling that it seemed at first read. I always looked at it as being about the DIKs and other people he would meet at college and how they will become his new family, but there are parts that could also refer to the possible lineage of his Mom.

"Family. My Dad once told me family was more than blood relations. Being related doesn't necessarily make you family. Family are the people who support you in your choices. Family will help you grow. Family doesn't give up on you in times of need. Family are the ones who love you for you, whoever that may be. Even if you lose your family, or your family loses you. Don't stop. Find new ones to love and somwehere else to call home."

Since this is a retrospective monologue, it's possible these lines refer to the reveal about his Mom that we will get later and his dealings with the rich family that his Mom came from. Then there are those other lines later on that you pointed out:

"Either way, I was happy back then. We didn't have much, we...erm...we had enough."

Sounds like he's remembering a simpler time before he knew the truth and maybe even points to an issue with his Dad withholding the truth since he hesitates when talking about him, almost as if he was about to say what their relationship was like back then compared what it's like when he's giving this monologue.
I always thought that was a given. Lynette's family did nothing for the MC throughout his life. They are blood related but were never there for him. They are family but not "family".

Also, I'm optimistic MC inadvertently ran into his grandad who he obviously is not aware of at the party. Reusing Lynette's dad's suit for a character at the party and the MC eavesdropping on that conversation for a good while isn't random coincidence.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018
The structure of this episode made it feel different from the previous ones, and I don't think it was necessarily the better because of it, but I do think this was a necessary beat in the story as it did re-contextualize a lot of characters and actually surprisingly set up the rest of the story. Before it felt like forcing one dude in to a crazy fraternity, which always was a limited story to tell if you really allow choice for the character. However, this part made it something else and far more intriguing. Having written, I'm a little bit worried as it does feel really ambitious as it requires juggling and even larger cast of active characters, and I do think there are parts where the story is faltering already on that front, but it will be really intriguing to see how it goes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Perfect is a strong word. Read literally anything about polyamory and the first rule, front and centre is always about
honesty and transparency. Doubly so for any situation where everyone is involved rather than just side pieces.

They both cheated to be with MC and now are lying about their motivations, hiding feelings and not communicating with each other in the slightest. Yeah it’s a new thing but all they’ve ever done is lie.

Both are harbouring much grander feelings for MC that they share with him but not each other. If we look at this as a legitimate poly relationship it’s starting in about the worst way I can think of. It’s not beyond salvaging but perfect?
No your right in my frustration of having to defend Maya/Josy I used the wrong word. EP5 has them on a much better path toward a good relationship than they had in EP4. I just get sick of having to defend Maya/Josy to all the haters who overlook everyone else's faults but want to hammer those two. Even sweet, innocent Jill lies (granted its by omission) to the MC. Hell all of them (minus Jill at this point) are all cheating whores including the MC so whats the deal?

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018
While there is a lot of positives to say of this game, there is one part of the game that I find so badly written that it is genuinely distracting to me at the moment. I want to stress that this is my opinion, although I will try to justify with the presentation in the game, and that I do respect the creator of the game despite the harsh language I'm about to use.

The Maya/Josie storyline and character dynamic are bafflingly badly written in a game that seems to be putting a lot of weight in fleshing out every character. To support my argument, I present a single question. Aside from the flashback, has there been a single scene in the game where it feels like those two have any genuine affection for each other? I'll even lower the bar. Has there been a single scene in the College part of it where it feels like Maya is even sexually attracted to women? I'm discounting the love declaration here myself is that kind of a scene needs to be supported by other scenes to feel meaningful, yet there's nothing before or after to indicate that these two even really like each other that much. I mean, if after this part they did that scene with say Camila and Mona, could you argue it didn't feel more earned than anything with Maya and Josie.

The reason this makes the whole story so weird is that the game established that Maya's character beat was that she lost everything by choosing to stay true to herself and is now desperate for tuition money due to her bigoted dad cutting her off. Yet, as mentioned above, nothing in the game supports that she has any affection for Josie, even likes girls and Maya basically started lusting after the first guy she met on campus. So what is her, and I'm not even touching Josie here, journey exactly? What character arc is even preventing Maya from being in a significant relationship with the MC? Not her love for Josie, as in the game it doesn't exist, nor any doubts about her sexuality, as Maya clearly got over any hesitations about liking girls. With all the other major LIs, you can see that story, but with these two, there's nothing. Based on the presentation in the game so far, there's no doubt that they would choose the MC in a heartbeat as they don't seem to be in any kind of relationship with each other.

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018
No your right in my frustration of having to defend Maya/Josy I used the wrong word. EP5 has them on a much better path toward a good relationship than they had in EP4. I just get sick of having to defend Maya/Josy to all the haters who overlook everyone else's faults but want to hammer those two. Even sweet, innocent Jill lies (granted its by omission) to the MC. Hell all of them (minus Jill at this point) are all cheating whores including the MC so whats the deal?
So I just wrote about how much I hate the storyline, so I'm clearly part of the haters here, but can I pose a genuine question. While you may like them, if there is so much hate against that particular duo here while everyone is liked, wouldn't it imply more that the game has failed with those particular character than that people are just being unreasonable haters.

Mar 20, 2019
While there is a lot of positives to say of this game, there is one part of the game that I find so badly written that it is genuinely distracting to me at the moment. I want to stress that this is my opinion, although I will try to justify with the presentation in the game, and that I do respect the creator of the game despite the harsh language I'm about to use.

The Maya/Josie storyline and character dynamic are bafflingly badly written in a game that seems to be putting a lot of weight in fleshing out every character. To support my argument, I present a single question. Aside from the flashback, has there been a single scene in the game where it feels like those two have any genuine affection for each other? I'll even lower the bar. Has there been a single scene in the College part of it where it feels like Maya is even sexually attracted to women? I'm discounting the love declaration here myself is that kind of a scene needs to be supported by other scenes to feel meaningful, yet there's nothing before or after to indicate that these two even really like each other that much. I mean, if after this part they did that scene with say Camila and Mona, could you argue it didn't feel more earned than anything with Maya and Josie.

The reason this makes the whole story so weird is that the game established that Maya's character beat was that she lost everything by choosing to stay true to herself and is now desperate for tuition money due to her bigoted dad cutting her off. Yet, as mentioned above, nothing in the game supports that she has any affection for Josie, even likes girls and Maya basically started lusting after the first guy she met on campus. So what is her, and I'm not even touching Josie here, journey exactly? What character arc is even preventing Maya from being in a significant relationship with the MC? Not her love for Josie, as in the game it doesn't exist, nor any doubts about her sexuality, as Maya clearly got over any hesitations about liking girls. With all the other major LIs, you can see that story, but with these two, there's nothing. Based on the presentation in the game so far, there's no doubt that they would choose the MC in a heartbeat as they don't seem to be in any kind of relationship with each other.
You make a good point there's little to no kind of affection between those two the only times I've seen affection is when they had sex in the tent and when you choose to stay friends where both of them kiss in the background. There's also the scene where if you go to help Josy when she meets her dad Maya just fucks off. I feel though maybe this might be part of an issue that will show up soon because if you choose to help Josy with her luggage she reveals that she's conflicted because she still has feelings for you but didn't want to admit that in front of Maya when you confronted both of them at the DIKS house.

dav3knight

Oct 1, 2017
Dpc is really genius for story teller, seems to me the next episode are about rebuilding DIK and MC's birthday ... and also the conversation between MC, Jill, and Bella mentioned about Spring break ... cool cant wait for all of that

Reactions: Dashxp4k

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018
You make a good point there's little to no kind of affection between those two the only times I've seen affection is when they had sex in the tent and when you choose to stay friends where both of them kiss in the background. There's also the scene where if you go to help Josy when she meets her dad Maya just fucks off. I feel though maybe this might be part of an issue that will show up soon because if you choose to help Josy with her luggage she reveals that she's conflicted because she still has feelings for you but didn't want to admit that in front of Maya when you confronted both of them at the DIKS house.
So I touched on the dad meeting behind the spoiler text as I wasn't certain if we can discuss the recent spoiler events in the open. Maya doesn't seem to care that Josie shrugged her off, if you go and talk with her afterwards she doesn't mention it at all and just starts once again pining after the MC. As I mentioned, what in the game so far has made it feel like Josie would be conflicted between Maya and the MC? What has made it feel like Josie has any feelings for Maya? Which is kind of a crucial story beat if you are trying to write a story like this.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
So I just wrote about how much I hate the storyline, so I'm clearly part of the haters here, but can I pose a genuine question. While you may like them, if there is so much hate against that particular duo here while everyone is liked, wouldn't it imply more that the game has failed with those particular character than that people are just being unreasonable haters.
No believe it or not Brotha but I agree with you. The reason I think that so many people dislike Maya and Josy is that they are SUPERFICIAL. They are just so shallow as characters because they don't even support themselves.

One of the reasons I like them is that if you take them individually they are actually tolerable. They both started out in a bad spot and the "knight in shinning armor" feeling developed and I just wanted to help them. I would have liked them both so much better if they had been written as individuals or friends rather than a couple.

Mar 20, 2019
So I touched on the dad meeting behind the spoiler text as I wasn't certain if we can discuss the recent spoiler events in the open. Maya doesn't seem to care that Josie shrugged her off, if you go and talk with her afterwards she doesn't mention it at all and just starts once again pining after the MC. As I mentioned, what in the game so far has made it feel like Josie would be conflicted between Maya and the MC? What has made it feel like Josie has any feelings for Maya? Which is kind of a crucial story beat if you are trying to write a story like this.
Honestly, man, we'll probably never find out
No believe it or not Brotha but I agree with you. The reason I think that so many people dislike Maya and Josy is that they are SUPERFICIAL. They are just so shallow as characters because they don't even support themselves.

One of the reasons I like them is that if you take them individually they are actually tolerable. They both started out in a bad spot and the "knight in shinning armor" feeling developed and I just wanted to help them. I would have liked them both so much better if they had been written as individuals or friends rather than a couple.
Yup I'm not going to lie when that plot twist came it broke my soul lmao.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
To be fair... you’ve got to get a little meta with this and think how much of a shit fit people throw at the whole “those three letters”.

the discord was unhappy at them kissing at the end of Ep4. People reaaaaallly don’t like it when characters are sexual with anyone other than the MC. Lesbian gets more of a pass but you’ll notice nobody shows any affection to anyone but the MC. All partners are either absent or in a dead bedroom.

Most of the cast are cheating on their partner with MC but nobody is cheating on MC with their partner. Maya/Josy not being up in each other’s business might be a choice to keep the peace over actually being a desired and intended character trait.

I’m not disagreeing with you, just raising a point.

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018

My apologies for the misunderstanding. And yeah, they would work so much better as lifelong friends who are both attracted to the same guy than whatever the hell this is supposed to be. The issues with Maya character arc would still be there, but at least it would then be more limited or could be dealt with better.

What drives me nuts is that these two are so utterly superficial while the game goes to such lengths to explain other characters behaviour. Like with Jade and Cathy, it does to work to justify why does two professional women would put themselves in such a risky position with a student. So why the hell is it being so lazy with Josie and Maya who are supposed to be two of the main girls in the game?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I forget who said it but they hit the nail on the head like a sledgehammer. When DPC rights individual people he is so fricken AWESOME however when he tries for these huge, dramatic, and impactful scenes he screws them all up.

4.80 star(s) 1,502 Votes