Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Don't worry, you're not the only one :p

I think they meant colour progression, not shape. Euro is like Grey-Red-Blue-Orange. Canadian looks more like it. Are there more ingame notes?
Bunch in a lot of free roams but none that you can see as clearly if I remember right

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
I'd be to embarrassed if someone saw what I was looking at. OMG
That's exactly my thought. Especially hackers. Not saying it can happen or can't but that's freaky. I saw those vids out there where people didn't know they were being recorded. yikes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
That's exactly my thought. Especially hackers. Not saying it can happen or can't but that's freaky. I saw those vids out there where people didn't know they were being recorded. yikes.
Dirty mind moment :ROFLMAO: How would I FAP and hold my phone steady? :ROFLMAO::devilish::ROFLMAO:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
lemonfreak I saw your earlier post but can't find it now. I don't remember how dirty the phone call got but I remember it was more than sexual innuendo but not straight phone sex when MC knocked the broom over

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
My only beef with Chad being gay and "misunderstood" is it will lead to some level of a cop out for him and Sage.

DPC has written relatively nuanced characters but he keeps giving them the easy way out. He's building up drama, fanning the flames but can't end the story now so they go nowhere. Complicated, arguably realistic, characters getting deus ex machina'd up the arse so they see no consequences for their actions so the plot can move along without being burdened by realistic reactions. Sitcoms do this all the time. The Josy/Maya love triangle was solved with 30 seconds of "I cheated... but it's all gravy... wanna start a threesome/be friends?". No cheating is ever addressed. Nobody ever calls anyone on the MC fucking every girl he's ever been in extended contact with.

Sage is cheating on a guy she's been with for years and apparently has deep enough feelings for to not just end it despite his infidelity. Chad has been distant and cold with her for a while... if not their entire relationship, based on the flashback... he's also violent and confrontational with not just Sage but anyone he ever meets. Him being gay will inevitably lead to the story just blowing past all their existing character flaws. Sage wont be called out on cheating for so long since the relationship was a sham (unbeknownst to her so it was still cheating). Chad wont be called out on being distant and a shitty boyfriend since he was gay so... nah it's fine he treated her like shit and drove an intelligent and empathetic girl to stalk him with binoculars.

Him being gay makes for easy writing, DPC wont have to justify dick all he's written so far and basically can clean slate Sage, Chad and the MC's relationships via the whole "but I'm gay" angle... But that's a cop out, Sage should be called out for the cheating. Chad should be called out for the being a douche. Chad being gay will follow the well established trope countless TV shows of the "sympathetic adulterer". It's a cop out and they need to be called on it.
I agree with your overall point that DPC tends to play fast and loose with the consequences of the situations he sets up (though I remain more amused by the opposite case, where the MC insists he needs to sleep around even when he never does so). I do think the MC will face some judgement for his action eventually, but that day is a long ways off and the game does seem to suffer in the meantime.

It feels like it was a mistake for so many of the LIs to be in relationships when they met the MC (or the ghost of one, in Bella's case). I'm prepared to overlook the poor handling of the M&J relationship in Episode 4 because the concept at least feels sound. But it would be easier to do that if the MC didn't keep finding himself in similar situations with the other girls. Sage's situation in particular just seems to gets worse the more we see of it, because at this point it's unclear if she had a real relationship with Chad in the first place.

That said, while I understand your concerns with making it too easy to forgive Chad's cheating, what's the alternative? If Chad is banging some other girl, do you think that won't be used as an excuse to make Sage's cheating "justified?" In some ways that feels even worse, given how insistent Sage has been on not breaking up with Chad just because he was cheating on her.

The fundamental problem is that Sage getting together with the MC is a given (at least if he pursues her). So one way or the other Chad is going to be sidelined. At least making him sympathetic can open more interesting roles in the story going forward. I find that preferable to just doubling down on Chad being an unlikable jerk, even if neither is my first choice.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

This is the first proper status update for episode 6 since it was the first week I could work normally on game development after episode 5 release.

I've been writing and posing intermittently. It's been an uphill battle getting renders and animations in the queue while also having scenes written to pose the art for.

I always pose my art after dialogue is written, the other way around isn't a good workflow since I would have to fit dialogue to renders instead of making art to a story, which is more natural to me.

I usually start posing animations, but this time I've been posing more static renders than usual early on.

It doesn't cut development time, but it does make it easier to show you previews.

So far, ~700 renders and 26 animations are complete.

I've written approximately 45% of the main dialogue file, compared to episode 5, and I'm still trying to plan the scope of the episode.

Episode 6 will be more varied than episode 5 was and it will require me to write a new kind of code, which I'm really excited about.

Poll news
The winner of the Special render poll was Nicole/Envy, with a majority of votes in all polls. Sally came in second place and Camila came in third place.

It's going to be fun to devote a render series to Nicole/Envy and I hope you liked the new direction the special render poll has taken.

I'll post the first preview of Envy's special render series next week.

Soon another poll for longer animation will start. +$10 patrons will be voting for who gets a longer animation in episode 6. Jill won a similar poll in episode 5 and can't win in this poll.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
He sure is fast at work, 700 renders a week ago. Wonder how many he did it already.

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Interestingly, I recognized this immediately, even before, could be just me overthinking again, shocker I know, but it looks just like the Napoleon Honey Bee Napoleon was obsessed with. Lot of legacy stuff in this game.

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Here's your coin
View attachment 716164
Awfully similar to the one Tommy flips
It's Greek. That goes back to Biblical times to the Church of Ephesus. Eventually, the Long-Haired Kings adopted that bee, then Napoleon and other Merovingian-like families. Very cool. Thanks. I'm definitely going to read up on that. This game is definitely throwing in something else. Only powerful families used to collect that at some point. See I knew there was much more to this game then just boobs.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
It's Greek. That goes back to Biblical times to the Church of Ephesus. Eventually, the Long-Haired Kings adopted that bee, then Napoleon and other Merovingian-like families. Very cool. Thanks. I'm definitely going to read up on that. This game is definitely throwing in something else. Only powerful families used to collect that at some point. See I knew there was much more to this game then just boobs.
Take your word for it. Other than an interesting coin to play with and flip. I'm not going to read to much into a coin flipped by a dirt poor, arrogant, narcissistic individual like Tommy.

Edit - Just googled them on ebay. Avg. price less than $100

Reactions: Manuka

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Take your word for it. Other than an interesting coin to play with and flip. I'm not going to read to much into a coin flipped by a dirt poor, arrogant, narcissistic individual like Tommy.
Could have been any coin... DPA chose this one. It's going to bug you at some point.

Ok I'll bite. What's the theory?

I think the real reason Rusty didn't get with Jill was because of Tommy and this Secret Society of theirs. I think the Big Names on campus are all part of some underground club where they control what goes on above ground. I pretty sure even Derek mentioned a strange vibe from the place and rumors. On the outside, it's a fraternity, innocent fun. But in reality, they are using their influence to traffic drugs, maybe girls, or something else. I haven't put it together yet, but this coin is very specific. Yeah, Greek is influential in Fraternities, and common.

or

Maybe I just want it to be something more and it's just a coin to represent Greek history. I'm working on something though. I've noticed certain books laying around in backgrounds that are just as strange.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Could have been any coin... DPA chose this one. It's going to bug you at some point.

I think the real reason Rusty didn't get with Jill was because of Tommy and this Secret Society of theirs. I think the Big Names on campus are all part of some underground club where they control what goes on above ground. I pretty sure even Derek mentioned a strange vibe from the place and rumors. On the outside, it's a fraternity, innocent fun. But in reality, they are using their influence to traffic drugs, maybe girls, or something else. I haven't put it together yet, but this coin is very specific. Yeah, Greek is influential in Fraternities, and common.

or

Maybe I just want it to be something more and it's just a coin to represent Greek history. I'm working on something though. I've noticed certain books laying around in backgrounds that are just as strange.
Probably not. I just don't like Tommy. I have no use for user's in life. Leeches :mad:

As far as why Jill didn't date Rusty. Because at that point Rusty was also an arrogant rich boy. Look at his conduct in the ANO meeting. He was sure they would just give him the presidency just because of his last name. Same thing with Jill. He thought she would just fall over with her legs in the air because he was a Burgmeister.

It's not that Greek is big in fraternities its Latin. The language not the culture.

The books. Maybe but I'm betting on its just a Daz asset DPC bought. I've already pointed out flaws in the books before. Hell half the books you see people read are upside down because of lack of "attention to detail". You can tell by how the script is lined up on the pages.

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Probably not. I just don't like Tommy. I have no use for user's in life. Leeches :mad:

As far as why Jill didn't date Rusty. Because at that point Rusty was also an arrogant rich boy. Look at his conduct in the ANO meeting. He was sure they would just give him the presidency just because of his last name. Same thing with Jill. He thought she would just fall over with her legs in the air because he was a Burgmeister.

It's not that Greek is big in fraternities its Latin. The language not the culture.

The books. Maybe but I'm betting on its just a Daz asset DPC bought. I've already pointed out flaws in the books before. Hell half the books you see people read are upside down because of lack of "attention to detail". You can tell by how the script is lined up on the pages.
Latin? Alpha Omega, even is Greek. Beginning and the End. It's all Biblical Greek. Yeah, could just be all for the aesthetics. But I'm not giving in yet. Our frats here are Delta Kappa Theta, Alpha Epsilon Pi, Beta Theta Pi, we have so many, and they are all Greek.

Reactions: EmperorGER
4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes