Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Not entirely true. Even when I'm doing edits/ghostwriting for authors, and we collab, a lot of people in these books that are mentioned are there to add some depth to the story. They don't all need to be relevant to be memorable.

If Monica never comes up in the game, it won't hurt the storyline -- (at the same time, she can always be added in later via a presage) -- at least you have that idea that she is a "real" person with a "name." But if none of them were ever mentioned, the pace of the story would feel rushed, despite many parts feeling rushed. But again, he just doesn't know how to write. There are snippets of good writing, and then it's as if he falls into a mood and barrels through some of his ideas and cuts them out completely.

It is not an easy thing to write a story. I've written over a million words before I got the idea of it
Yeah, I see your point. One thing that made me think that way was Josy saying things like "my dad and Monica", but that can also be because she doesn't like her very much and says it to distance her from them.

Another point could be that having Monica in could have a nice "conflict" between her, Tommy and the MC. It's not just the name, she talks a lot about her and her relationship with her and her father. It can be just background for Josy for sure, but I think there can be more. That's another argument, though. (And mostly speculation on my part).

...And if we add Monica into the story we could #CuckTommy in more ways. I don't care we haven't seen her yet, this isn't about looks :ROFLMAO: .

• Haha
Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Yeah, I see your point. One thing that made me think that way was Josy saying things like "my dad and Monica", but that can also be because she doesn't like her very much and says it to distance her from them.

Another point could be that having Monica in could have a nice "conflict" between her, Tommy, and the MC. It's not just the name, she talks a lot about her and her relationship with her and her father. It can be just background for Josy for sure, but I think there can be more. That's another argument, though. (And mostly speculation on my part).

...And if we add Monica into the story we could #CuckTommy in more ways. I don't care we haven't seen her yet, this isn't about looks :ROFLMAO: .
I like to speculate, too. I think all of us do in some way; whatever fuels the imagination keeps us from the outside world, and that's fine by me. Too much gloom and doom lately. I still think Josy will be the end result. When Neil told him the story about Lynette coming back to him, I think of Josy coming to the MC at the very end. The MC latched on pretty fast in the beginning. And as we can see how slow this story is developing, the characters can change their feelings a hundred times before they graduate. I just hope Jill is an option.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
only thing that gets me about decision making is when the game takes over the MC and makes decisions for you ..... that kinda pisses me off to be honest
Ya I'm really enjoying the game, but there are definitely certain parts of the game where I really don't like what the MC chooses to do as I would choose to do something else entirely.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I like to speculate, too. I think all of us do in some way; whatever fuels the imagination keeps us from the outside world, and that's fine by me. Too much gloom and doom lately. I still think Josy will be the end result. When Neil told him the story about Lynette coming back to him, I think of Josy coming to the MC at the very end. The MC latched on pretty fast in the beginning. And as we can see how slow this story is developing, the characters can change their feelings a hundred times before they graduate. I just hope Jill is an option.
Speculating is fine . The thing is that I though I had some evidence about Monica being important in the future, being related to two important characters... It's a direction Josy's solo storyline could go, but I'm not that sure anymore. This theory seems to have less evidence than before and it's becoming a bit late to keep introducing new people.

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Speculating is fine . The thing is that I though I had some evidence about Monica being important in the future, being related to two important characters... It's a direction Josy's solo storyline could go, but I'm not that sure anymore. This theory seems to have less evidence than before and it's becoming a bit late to keep introducing new people.
Going through the phone list, anyone connected to those characters could have a part to play--might not be big but could have an impact (it's already impacting how Josy sees Monica). We'll have to wait for 6-10. If that's how this goes, idk. Assuming there will be 10 per season? Or is Episode 6 already a new season? I really hate the timeline in this. It's only a few weeks in the game.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Going through the phone list, anyone connected to those characters could have a part to play--might not be big but could have an impact (it's already impacting how Josy sees Monica). We'll have to wait for 6-10. If that's how this goes, idk. Assuming there will be 10 per season? Or is Episode 6 already a new season? I really hate the timeline in this. It's only a few weeks in the game.
4 episodes per season, so season 2 is 5 to 8. But I wouldn't give much though about what makes a season. Theywere made almost for sure because of Steam.

Time is going to slow and things are going too fast. I don't know how he will manage things in the future, at this rate the game will end before Christmas. (Noone can have as much sex as the MC and still be alive :ROFLMAO:. Episode 5 was ridiculous).

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think you are going to the extreme on this. No one is saying we want a million branches or a sandbox/open world game. We just want our choices to actually matter otherwise why even give me a choice?

Edit - I'm not talking about the trivial choices, those are fine. I'm talking about the huge potential choices that should be branches within the game and yet they don't really seem to affect anything either. Example - Maya/Josy Friends or More? Wichever way you choose to go it doesn't really affect anything. Ep5 rolls around and Maya and Josy still are all chipper with you after potentially telling you that your not worth the risk, Josy asks you for help instead of Maya her GF who happens to be standing right there, Josy and Maya both admit they still have feelings for you? So what did our choice represent? One less sex scene but that's about it.
unfortunately that scene, although it is so important and is practically the closure of the first part of the story, does not always work.
it is fully consistent and credible only if Mc is involved with both girls and if he has the right affinity to see his proposal accepted

I try to explain myself:
1) if MC is only involved with one of the two girls everything they say is forced enough, for example if MC is only interested in Maya (and therefore does not stay with Josy to sleep after the date) it does not make sense to ask Josy to follow her heart and then eventually propose to be more than friends (a proposal that will rightly be rejected, but it shouldn't have been) at the limit Mc should have asked Maya to choose, and after Maya's refusal to accept to remain friends. but this situation is probably a problem for a very limited number of paths

2) supposing MC is involved with both girls, does it make sense that acceptance or rejection of his proposal is related to his affinity? the 2 girls like MC with that "affinity", but then that same affinity makes him unreliable and risky to continue a relationship.. (not considering that this affinity is determined by isolated gestures that have practically nothing to do with the two girls). there is a sort of moral judgment on MC, then strengthened by the fact that once his proposal is refused in many paths he will go to have sex with Jade, as if to show that the choice of the girls is correct :D .. this is instead a problem that many more players encounter

3) after the MC proposal is rejected, the "let's be friends" safety net goes on. but it's a kind of armed truce that none of the 3 believes, both Josy and Maya question her at the first opportunity

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Acting out of Character is literally the definition of bad writing, btw. Characters in all "well" written stories are consistent. They can have their changes, but it must be consistent with their goals.

Yeah, you're right, the focus is on it being a sex game that is solely driven by pictures (which negates his ability to write convincingly). But we're talking about writing skills. There's one determination just as there is with IQ, or with any skill. It's measured by a basic construct of ability. And there are standards you can't break like structure, or it seems wishy-washy, and no longer a storyline well written. I've edited dozens and dozens of novels, DPC, would never make it as a novelist without pictures. When you see things like "Yeah, well" repeated across all characters, that's poor writing and not distinctive. When you see "Oh... yeah, erhm..." That's also a no-no. And there is so much passive voice in this, it's insane. On top of it, he's writing what I'm assuming in 3rd Omniscient without any limits. There are only a few people in the history of writing that are able to pull that off properly. Very, very, very few.
Comparing VN developers to novelists works just as comparing scriptwriters to novelists. It's nonsense. These are different media that require a different approach. Yes DPC probably wouldn't have written a high quality novel. Neither many novelists write a novel of high quality.
We should judge DPC in terms of what he does and not in terms of what he doesn't do, and here he brings a positive shift in the quality of stories that wasn't here a few years ago. He also has a positive influence on other authors and VN is developing. Of course, he is not alone in this. There are also authors like Tlaero, Phillygames, or HopesGaming.
Their games are still influenced by the medium they use and are a bit more primitive in writing, but the positive development is there. Therefore, do not let your antipathy to the author influence your judgment.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I've no idea what you mean by 'end result' and what do you mean by hoping Jill is an option?

LatinEmperor

May 6, 2020
I'm curious, is there an official list of who the main girls that have routes are? Is it the 10 girls in the "Rewards" app or is it just the 5 main girls in the "official walkthrough"? For anyone who doesn't know, the main walkthrough lists Josy, Maya, Sage, Jill and Isabella as the "main girls" but also lists Cathy, Jade, Riona, Camila and Quinn as "side girls". I'm assuming at this point its just the 5 routes since those paths are what you see at the end of each chapter.

Currently playing my 2nd playthrough and to be honest i'm really REALLY liking Jade this time around and it got me wondering if shes actually going to have a route, shes one of the 10 in the rewards app but shes listed as a side girl in other places.

On another note, does anyone know how old Bella is?
The main girls with actual routes are the five shown in between the episodes: Maya, Josey, Jill, Bella, and Sage.
However, based on the MC moral/choices, the MC can have additional sex scenes with the other female NPCs. However, it seems other than hooking up with them, the MC will be unable to establish a actual relationship with those characters. A bit of a bummer, since I actually prefer Cam and Riona over Josey.
As for Bella's age, she is late 20s to early 30s.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
The main girls with actual routes are the five shown in between the episodes: Maya, Josey, Jill, Bella, and Sage.
However, based on the MC moral/choices, the MC can have additional sex scenes with the other female NPCs. However, it seems other than hooking up with them, the MC will be unable to establish a actual relationship with those characters. A bit of a bummer, since I actually prefer Cam and Riona over Josey.
As for Bella's age, she is late 20s to early 30s.
Bella should be 36. (She did Her ‘hell week’ 18 years ago). She would have likely been at least 18 when she started College.

wouldnt be hugely surprised if there are endings with the minor characters. Less likely to be happily ever after but might be ‘we dated through college but broke up’ or ‘we dated but who knows what the future holds. While the main LIs should get A variety of substantial ends.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes