Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
One thing that annoying me is in the beginning of EP2 you're being forced to wear that stupid helmet if you're on DIK part. I have to reload save and choose some chick choice again my will to stayed on neutral part because I don't want wear that stupid diddo helmet and miss out the lewd scene with Jill. Why can't I just give it to Derek or as least take it off before going to bed with jill.
The same thing happened to me. I let Derek have it for the most part and the one time i chose to wear it was just before the Jill scene. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: NukaCola

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
If you'd trained in martial arts you'd now that most instructors will emphasise not using your skills against untrained people as it's dishonourable.
Very true but on the other hand what about if you go out to dinner with your wife/gf and someone slaps her on the ass? You gonna sit there and just take that?

Dec 20, 2019
I was so confused when i first starting playing the game. Why do you get +DIK hits when you punch an asshole? Punching an asshole in real life doesn't make me feel like a dick.
Well, the consensus will just ask you to walk away when you encounter an asshole instead of punching the asshole, do not fall to the asshole's level and become one yourself. As Russell Peters will say, "BE A MAN!"

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
fully agree on the first part, it happens every time we have to judge another person's action, our experience will always be the reference.

on the second it depends.
we assume that judging the behavior of a fictional character is a pastime, a fun, but has no real value.
but the character is always the same regardless of the path. as an example: what Josy says to MC (in the case of a pact refused) after the prep party is "true" even if MC instead chases Maya and is true even if the pact is accepted: Josy believes that she can be happy with MC.

we already have very few elements to judge the characters, if then each choice creates a separate multiverse that cannot be traced back to the others then we might as well give up.
We might as well give up then. Several people, not just myself, have pointed out that the game is inconsistent in how it responds to our choices. The game is driven by his script regardless of what or how we choose to go through it. I realize the MC is not us but he doesn't really react to what we have him do. He does our little side step but then jumps right back on DPC's track.

DPC has mostly stayed away from branches in the story and while I think its a serious flaw in a choice rich game it is his game/story so were stuck with it....

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
My only wish is that the endings when we get to them eventually don't make me feel like the biggest asshole in the world like AL did. Because boy does 1 of them make you feel like human garbage.

Dec 20, 2019
Very true but on the other hand what about if you go out to dinner with your wife/gf and someone slaps her on the ass? You gonna sit there and just take that?
That is different, he started it first with the physical, as long as you don't do a Tybalt bitch-slap(tm). When you said asshole, I was thinking being mean and not something to the extreme like molestation.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We might as well give up then. Several people, not just myself, have pointed out that the game is inconsistent in how it responds to our choices. The game is driven by his script regardless of what or how we choose to go through it. I realize the MC is not us but he doesn't really react to what we have him do. He does our little side step but then jumps right back on DPC's track.

DPC has mostly stayed away from branches in the story and while I think its a serious flaw in a choice rich game it is his game/story so were stuck with it....
we are on a subway, we decide whether to get off and take a tour at certain stops, but not the destination and the route

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018

To be fair if the speculation about total number of episodes is correct, then it's to early to branch out. While i would also like more (meaningful) options, i fear we have at least 2-3 more before we get there. More branching means more content has to be done for those that avoid certain paths and the wait between would be even longer. That being said, next one apparently is quite big so...fingers crossed.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
To be fair if the speculation about total number of episodes is correct, then it's to early to branch out. While i would also like more (meaningful) options, i fear we have at least 2-3 more before we get there. More branching means more content has to be done for those that avoid certain paths and the wait between would be even longer. That being said, next one apparently is quite big so...fingers crossed.
They don't necessarily have to be anything more than dialogue differences. Characters don't have to disappear from the story just a less scripted scene that is more reflective of our previous choices.

Reactions: Phynix

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Which one is this? I don't recall.
Wasn't referring to a specific choice between those two things, just how it's strange that on one path you are forced to wear a silly helmet that is largely inconsequential to the plot but then there are choices throughout the game that allow players to not see important scenes that show how certain relationships are building up.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
They don't necessarily have to be anything more than dialogue differences. Characters don't have to disappear from the story just a less scripted scene that is more reflective of our previous choices.
the characters should never disappear !! they are in college, even if they were in bad relationships, they should still cross each other every now and then.

indeed the discomfort of these casual encounters would add even more participation to the events (for example when MC sees Josy and Maya again at the HOTs film evening)

Dec 20, 2019
Wasn't referring to a specific choice between those two things, just how it's strange that on one path you are forced to wear a silly helmet that is largely inconsequential to the plot but then there are choices throughout the game that allow players to not see important scenes that show how certain relationshipare are building up.
Relationship points should be use because it makes sense, and many games uses the system. The affinity is something new and although I agree that it can be used to guide the alignment of the character, it shouldn't hamper plot like Jill shower scene. The status, to me is redundant since we already have the affinity system.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Wasn't referring to a specific choice between those two things, just how it's strange that on one path you are forced to wear a silly helmet that is largely inconsequential to the plot but then there are choices throughout the game that allow players to not see important scenes that show how certain relationshipare are building up.
Right like ename144 said in reference to Bella scenes Ep4 and Ep5. We miss those relationship building scenes but the game doesn't adjust to whether we saw them or not. We still see the same scene regardless when we get there but without seeing the building scene. It makes it seem like a huge jump that doesn't make sense without the previous scene. Breaks immersion because it seems flawed.

4.80 star(s) 1,532 Votes