Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Where is Mona being written out of the game coming from?
It was a response to a joke "Swimming with Fishes" based on her scene in the water and the preview image of Quinn having a talk with her. No one was serious about her being written out of the game (though anything is possible).

Edit: Holy Bacchus actually said Sleeping with the fishes, but it was clearly meant as a joke, sorry if my response startled or upset anyone.

Last edited:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I think you're right. By Ockham's razor we could agree that the no-NTR rule explains Sage's behaviour better than asuming that Chad is gay, which takes more asumptions. I'd rather take a in universe explanation over an out of universe one any time, but if Chad ends up being gay it could still be a combination of the two, a "I can't show this so how can I get around it?" But as long as the end product makes sense...

I don't think DPC's looks have to do with anything, it's just that he won't do that kind of game.
I'm sure I've said this before but if you look up the 5 stages of grief it fits quite neatly with the Sage behave over Chad. As we meet her she's found the panties and moved from Denial to Anger. Later we see, in the scene in her dorm right after Chad loses his presidency, we see her trying to persuede him to give up the steroids and be the boyfriend he used to be, Bargaining. We've yet to see Depression and Acceptance but I have no doubt they're coming.

Now, I accept that, if my hypothesis is correct, she seems to pass the 5 stages very quickly but the fact is that they would apply whether she was still deeply in love with him or in denial of what is a dead relationship (in both cases the grief is over the plans she had for the future and therefore valid). Combine that with the sunk costs fallacy some smart user linked in an earlier post and you have something that requires no real conjecture but instead a rudimentary knowledge of human beings.

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
I've never used Mods for this game, and I've definitely gotten the Cathy scene after banging Josy or Maya.

And it's pretty stupid imo that would be locked out anyways, storywise. The MC can literally bang several different women in the same Mansion while being in a relationship with M&J and having Neutral to CHICK alignment.

So why would he just be like, "No Cathy, now that I'm in a ship with these 2 girls, I will still have no strings attached sex with several other women, but I will not have no strings attached sex with you."

Very ridiculous, even more ridiculous if we're suggesting he can't get hard after having so much sex," Which irl, would probably be true. " But in this game the MC is good to go whenever.

But like I've said, I've never used a mod for this game, and still got the Cathy scene while in the relationship. Very strange.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
maybe if she'i out of the HOTS, some players are scared not seeing her after the 6th.
Well, she still has her fans despite not playing such a big role I don't think Le Pew would be to amused with this :LOL:

It was a response to a joke "Swimming with Fishes" based on her scene in the water and the preview image of Quinn having a talk with her. No one was serious about her being written out of the game (though anything is possible).
I can't see Quinn letting one of her investments walk out so easily I don't think she'll come to any harm I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn persuades her to stay, whatever spooked her was with Burke so I guess Quinn could promise her she won't have to go near Burke again just anything that keeps her onboard.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I've never used Mods for this game, and I've definitely gotten the Cathy scene after banging Josy or Maya.

And it's pretty stupid imo that would be locked out anyways, storywise. The MC can literally bang several different women in the same Mansion while being in a relationship with M&J and having Neutral to CHICK alignment.

So why would he just be like, "No Cathy, now that I'm in a ship with these 2 girls, I will still have no strings attached sex with several other women, but I will not have no strings attached sex with you."

Very ridiculous, even more ridiculous if we're suggesting he can't get hard after having so much sex," Which irl, would probably be true. " But in this game the MC is good to go whenever.

But like I've said, I've never used a mod for this game, and still got the Cathy scene while in the relationship. Very strange.
Well, that must be some kind of glitch because the official walkthrough says it's not possible:

Capture.PNG

akki37

Jan 21, 2020
I'm more interested in playing Sage route till the end. But Sage is in her final year of college. so is it possible that she will be not be available till the end of game.
Just Thinking.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Well, that must be some kind of glitch because the official walkthrough says it's not possible:

View attachment 750733
Interesting. My neutral play though is my ‘official‘ one so I didn’t try to mess with her on that one of the CHICK pass. Though as I recall I did unlock it on neutral and then revert the save. I though it was only ‘locked’ to CHICK characters.

I'm more interested in playing Sage route till the end. But Sage is in her final year of college. so is it possible that she will be not be available till the end of game.
Just Thinking.
Yeah hard to know if we’ll get a time leap or something. At the rate we’re going aI can’t see the story taking place over multiple years though. After 1.5 years and 5 episodes we’re only 2 weeks in.

That said once relationships are a bit more firmly established it might be we can take a leap forward. Perhaps after the MCs Birthday to Halloween. Then to Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Depends if DPC wants to hit certain events or if he doesn’t care about them and is happy to let the story unfold. I think a time jump with perhaps a series of Clucks used to explain what happened in the last few weeks.

For example;
Different dates with Jill
Stuff with Bella around her house
Partying with the DiKs
Hanging with Maya x Josy
Hanging with Derek
Training/ teaching Sage
Classes

The Clucks could have a little be or variation depending on Dik/Chick affinity including on the comments MC made during the time skip.

Having given it a quick bit of thought, I quite like this idea. You don’t really miss anything but your able to jump forward to seasonal events.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Just Thinking.
Not sure how DPC is going to play that with her being an Li and everything I can't see her leaving but I wonder what will happen if you don't follow her route.

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
Aight folks,
My apologies for derailing the conversation. I was just hoping someone would shed some light on something I just found.
View attachment 750606
Like... what is this?
I've never seen this before.
Is this an unused image or is there a needlessly convoluted and intricate way you have to navigate the dialog for this to happen?
if dtype < 0:
scene d0_js8 with dissolve
"*{i}Smack{/i}*"

So just be a nice, sweet young man.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
really strange choice ...

even if Cathy's fate was tied to that of Jade, the players out of the relationship with Maya and Josy maybe they were not with Jade (1% I think ...)
Not being able to have Cathy while in a relationship with M&J is an odd thing because it's not as if the MC thinks he shouldn't be "unfaithful" or anything like that since he just screwed his way through the Prep party with 7 girls at most.

Interesting. My neutral play though is my ‘official‘ one so I didn’t try to mess with her on that one of the CHICK pass. Though as I recall I did unlock it on neutral and then revert the save. I though it was only ‘locked’ to CHICK characters.
Are you playing the 0.5.0 or the 0.5.2 version? Also, what is the status of your MC? Because I've still got the clean version of 0.5.0 and my Neutral Affinity, Huge CHICK status MC doesn't get the option to continue things with Cathy when he's still with M&J.

But, when I tested the game out on my 0.5.0 version with the mod installed, I found that no matter what status the MC has, he gets the option to continue things.

So having the walkthrough mod installed, even if you don't use it adjust variables, gives you the Cathy scene, but when it's not installed, you don't get it when still with M&J.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Just Thinking.
maybe Sage could get a job near B&R and still be there...
or I think next episode will be longer (in days/weeks..) than the firsts episodes. DPC needs to install all characters and their past.

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
Aight folks,
My apologies for derailing the conversation. I was just hoping someone would shed some light on something I just found.
View attachment 750606
Like... what is this?
I've never seen this before.
Is this an unused image or is there a needlessly convoluted and intricate way you have to navigate the dialog for this to happen?
It's at the beginning of Ep. 1 - Shop scene (MC and Josy) (before MC leaves for college).

LeTuersteher

Mar 7, 2020
I could need some help. I have started playing today (first time), Ver. 0.5.2.
As soon as I get to the first english exam, I get a an error, "an exception has occured", and cant continue.
If this is a common problem, I am sorry, but this thread is extremly large.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Not being able to have Cathy while in a relationship with M&J is an odd thing because it's not as if the MC thinks he shouldn't be "unfaithful" or anything like that since he just screwed his way through the Prep party with 7 girls at most.
:ROFLMAO: ok, but is it possible that the only unfortunate relationship to avoid is that with the two teachers?

no other relationship is inhibited, not even the hypothetical ones with the new girls on SWYPER ...

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Just Thinking.
Given the number of planned chapters (16) and the amount of time which has passed in the 5 we've had so far it's unlikely that the game will go beyond the first year and could concievably take place over 1 semester.

Reactions: Maviarab

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Are you playing the 0.5.0 or the 0.5.2 version? Also, what is the status of your MC? Because I've still got the clean version of 0.5.0 and my Neutral Affinity, Huge CHICK status MC doesn't get the option to continue things with Cathy when he's still with M&J.

But, when I tested the game out on my 0.5.0 version with the mod installed, I found that no matter what status the MC has, he gets the option to continue things.

So having the walkthrough mod installed, even if you don't use it adjust variables, gives you the Cathy scene, but when it's not installed, you don't get it when still with M&J.
I’m on 5.2. On my neutral play through I am Neutral on both. On Chick a CHICK on both, I think Massive Chick could be Huge. DIK is maxed out as well.

That said even on my Dik/ Chick affinity runs I don't exclusively make those decisions for example I never hit Tybalt (satisfying but short sighted). TBH honest I could be misremembering, I just have a feeling I chose to reject her on Neutral and Chick

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
I could need some help. I have started playing today (first time), Ver. 0.5.2.
As soon as I get to the first english exam, I get a an error, "an exception has occured", and cant continue.
If this is a common problem, I am sorry, but this thread is extremly large.
i had this problem in V04 so i never played the minigames. I don't have this problem anymore in v0.5.0 and minigames work. Maybe try to download another file.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I’m on 5.2. On my neutral play through I am Neutral on both. On Chick a CHICK on both, I think Massive Chick could be Huge. DIK is maxed out as well.

That said even on my Dik/ Chick affinity runs I don't exclusively make those decisions for example I never hit Tybalt (satisfying but short sighted). TBH honest I could be misremembering, I just have a feeling I chose to reject her on Neutral and Chick
Well, I just downloaded and tried my main save (Neutral Affinity, CHICK status) on the 0.5.2 version and still didn't get the Cathy option, so I'm honestly at a loss to explain how some people are getting it on the M&J path without the use of the mod. :unsure:

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Well, I just downloaded and tried my main save (Neutral Affinity, CHICK status) on the 0.5.2 version and still didn't get the Cathy option, so I'm honestly at a loss to explain how some people are getting it on the M&J path without the use of the mod. :unsure:
I had the same, i'm in neutral with path M/J even if i sleep at Bella and when i drive Cathy at her home, MC ends the Swyper fun with her without any choice.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes