Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
While I kinda hope you're correct, if nothing 'too bad' is going to happen to anyone, what's the point of the pre-game disclaimer? I don't want to see any of the characters we've come to know in the first 5 chapters get badly hurt (physically or emotionally) or even killed... but I definitely wouldn't say it's "not likely".
Because there's a million different things that the characters can go through that can elicit strong, painful feelings in the player before it even gets to something as extreme as watching someone go from a sweet, innocent, wallflower type character to a drug-adled whore, or to even include a tragic death. Bella's story, for example, might have elements in it that hit really close to the bone for some people and that still lines up with the warning about not "being in a good place" because it could cause an emotional reaction in the player.

Point is that there's a whole spectrum of "bad things" that can befall a character and it doesn't necessarily have to go all the way to the most extreme end of that spectrum, especially since DPC already did that once and to include another tragic, depressing story arc, even an optional one, is a one-trick-pony move.

Last edited:
Reactions: xsssssssss

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You don't listen very well do you? Go away.
But see, this is my whole point. Nothing about Maya presents the impression of someone who could stand up to Quinn's manipulation. I was an investigator for many years and for two of those years I traced runaways. I know a lot about how vulnerable people are sucked into nightmare's like prostitution, and with Maya it's almost like DPC has created the perfect victim. Everyone keeps going on about how she would never do that, but given the desperation of her situation I'm saying, based on what I know, that she would do that if written in accordance with her personality as presented in the game. I've had so many horrific conversations with parents and loved ones who sound exactly like so many people on this form and are so convinced that she would never do that. That's not true, she would.
No one cares what you've done, it's the internet. I used to be a marine astronaut. Are you such an arrogant ass in real life too..or just an argumentative know-it-all internet tough guy?

Asking for a friend...

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I don't agree about Camila, she seems to know where her limits are and it's not that into Quinn's thing as it looked like in previous episodes. I think she will give good advice, but maybe she will still be talked into it again by Quinn and go that path with Burke.

Being alone was one of the conditions I mentioned in my original message. Maya has the MC, Josy and Derek and because all of them she could not do it, but if she were alone then maybe. But since we know she won't ever be alone that can't ever happen.

Maya asked to change mothers because the MC suggested it to her. She lacks initiative.
I don't buy this hypothesis for a second but the groundwork for Maya being alone has been laid; she and Josy could break up, josy could then go back to MC and, at the same time, Derek's cheating in classes could catch up to him and he could be kicked out of B&R. Then who does Maya turn too?

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
She and Josy could break up, josy could then go back to MC and, at the same time, Derek's cheating in classes could catch up to him and he could be kicked out of B&R. Then who does Maya turn too?
That's a lot of ''could''s in your sentence. Bro if you make assumptions they should have a solid ground to start with. Why should Maya and Josy break up all of a sudden? Even if you don't pursue their route, they are still a couple. There is no sign whatsoever that they are on the brink of breaking up. ''Josy could go back to MC''. There is an equal possibility that Maya would do the same, not just Josy.
Also even IF M&J broke up and even IF Josy goes back to the MC, why does that automatically mean that you, as the MC, would let Maya completly drop?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't buy this hypothesis for a second but the groundwork for Maya being alone has been laid; she and Josy could break up, josy could then go back to MC and, at the same time, Derek's cheating in classes could catch up to him and he could be kicked out of B&R. Then who does Maya turn too?
Even if all that happens, Quinn's operation will likely be finished by then because all of that ending will be part of the main, unavoidable story arc. So if Maya were to be left all alone, she'd just have to get through it like any ordinary student.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
That's a lot of ''could''s in your sentence. Bro if you make assumptions they should have a solid ground to start with. Why should Maya and Josy break up all of a sudden? Even if you don't pursue their route, they are still a couple. There is no sign whatsoever that they are on the brink of breaking up. ''Josy could go back to MC''. There is an equal possibility that Maya would do the same, not just Josy.
I did say I didn't buy it for a second didn't I? Yes I did, that means it's purely hypothetical and in no way a prediction of what I think will happen, just something that could happen.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
I did say I didn't buy it for a second didn't I? Yes I did, that means it's purely hypothetical and in no way a prediction of what I think will happen, just something that could happen.
I thought that ''this hypothesis'' was referring to Wizard_Shiryuu's comment. Also saying that the groundwork has been laid is just false

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I thought that ''this hypothesis'' was referring to Wizard_Shiryuu's comment. Also saying that the groundwork has been laid is just false
It was a response to a specific part of Wizard's comment where they said that Maya would never be alone; I correctly pointed out that it is possible for Maya to end up alone based on actual events in the game. We know that Derek cheats in class and it is possible, albeit unlikely, that he could be kicked out of college. We also know that, based on the conversation with Derek in Chapter 5, the MC can still be interested in pursuing Josy or Maya separately after the threeway relationship has been rejected.

Those events could converge and force Maya to turn to Quinn. I don't think they will but your assertion that the groundwork hasn't been laid suggests you've been tab skipping through the dialogue.

Last edited:

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
Because there's a million different things that the characters can go through that can elicit strong, painful feelings in the player before it even gets to something as extreme as watching someone go from a sweet, innocent, wallflower type character to a drug-adled whore, or to even include a tragic death. Bella's story, for example, might have elements in it that hit really close to the bone for some people and that still lines up with the warning about not "being in a good place" because it could cause an emotional reaction in the player.

Point is that there's a whole spectrum of "bad things" that can befall a character and it doesn't necessarily have to go all the way to the most extreme end of that spectrum, especially since DPC already did that once and to include another tragic, depressing story arc, even an optional one, is a one-trick-pony move.
I also don't buy into the whole 'Maya becomes a drug addict/prostitute' thing either... I just think it's not unlikely that either something very bad is going to happen to someone over the course of the story or we'll find out something very tragic about their past. Obviously, the most likely candidate for this is Bella, considering the locked room, her closed-off demeanor, and the MC's line in the library about 'if I knew then what I know now, I would have screamed for help' (paraphrasing, since I don't recall the exact line).

My wild-ass theory (which I'm sure I'll get mocked for) is that the locked room is a nursery. My crazy guess is that Bella and her husband suffered the loss of their child either by late-term miscarriage/stillbirth or infant death, the stress and shock of which broke their marriage (something I unfortunately have seen happen to two different couples personally). The husband left and Bella had a breakdown of sorts that has prevented her from accepting that her husband isn't coming back. This would be sufficiently 'dark' to warrant the disclaimer, but doesn't necessarily fit the library line completely (I never said it was perfect ;) ). The obvious 'Bella killed her husband and his remains are in the room' thing is too obvious and the axe is likely a red herring.

Reactions: Maviarab

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Also even IF M&J broke up and even IF Josy goes back to the MC, why does that automatically mean that you, as the MC, would let Maya completly drop?
Also, there's no such thing as a "true" canon to this story, so all of these scenarios are possible routes, but none are the "true" version of events because there's no such thing in this game.

So whilst we can discuss the validity and believability of possible alternate routes, if you don't play these proposed "bad" routes and instead see only a good route, then it probably shouldn't matter what happens to the character(s) on these other routes. But, when you're invested in a character, you don't want to know anything bad happens to them on other routes and even when you can get that happy ending, it can sometimes ruin it knowing that other endings go really bad.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I wouldn't say false, it's a theory. But it won't happen and I know it. I just presented the most plausible sceneario in which it could happen.
It was a response to a specific part of Wizard's comment where they said that Maya would never be alone; I correctly pointed out that it is possible for Maya to end up alone based on actual events in the game. We know that Derek cheats in class and it is possible, albeit unlikely, that he could be kicked out of college. We also know that, based on the conversation with Derek in Chapter 5, the MC can still be interested in pursuing Josy or Maya separately after the threeway relationship has been rejected.

Those events could converge and force Maya to turn to Quinn. I don't think they will but your assertion that the groundwork hasn't been laid suggests illiteracy.
Yeah, it could happen, Derek would be the hardest but it could happen. We all know the story won't go there, though.

I've been predicting a separate M&J path since episode 3 and 4, it seems more likely with each passing episode.

Just a though (not originally mine, though). Does Derek cheat or is he truly a genius.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I wouldn't say false, it's a theory. But it won't happen and I know it. I just presented the most plausible sceneario in which it could happen.

Yeah, it could happen, Derek would be the hardest but it could happen. We all know the story won't go there, though.

I've been predicting a separate M&J path since episode 3 and 4, it seems more likely with each passing episode.

Just a though (not originally mine, though). Does Derek cheat or is he truly a genius.
You know what, it's entirely possible that he is, in fact, a genius who has figured out that the entire educational system is bullshit and decided to use his superior intellect to break it :unsure:

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
but your assertion that the groundwork hasn't been laid suggests illiteracy
Yeah maybe you are correct on that part. I just don‘t play through routes when the possibilities are that low. (Derek being suspended) But that’s just me. Not gonna bother with outcomes I don‘t think are likely to happen

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah maybe you are correct on that part. I just don‘t play through routes when the possibilities are that low. (Derek being suspended) But that’s just me. Not gonna bother with outcomes I don‘t think are likely to happen
The Derek cheating aspect of the story (putting to one side Wizard's hypothesis that he really is a genius) is something that is largely unaffected by the MC; he's gonna cheat regardless, the only thing you affect is whether you join him in cheating which might also affect you (unlikely since that is a mini-game mechanic which can be turned off).

On a different note, sorry for the illiteracy comment, that was uncalled for and I have since edited my original comment :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Cigar-Ferras
D

Deleted member 2739658

I also don't buy into the whole 'Maya becomes a drug addict/prostitute' thing either... I just think it's not unlikely that either something very bad is going to happen to someone over the course of the story or we'll find out something very tragic about their past. Obviously, the most likely candidate for this is Bella, considering the locked room, her closed-off demeanor, and the MC's line in the library about 'if I knew then what I know now, I would have screamed for help' (paraphrasing, since I don't recall the exact line).

My wild-ass theory (which I'm sure I'll get mocked for) is that the locked room is a nursery. My crazy guess is that Bella and her husband suffered the loss of their child either by late-term miscarriage/stillbirth or infant death, the stress and shock of which broke their marriage (something I unfortunately have seen happen to two different couples personally). The husband left and Bella had a breakdown of sorts that has prevented her from accepting that her husband isn't coming back. This would be sufficiently 'dark' to warrant the disclaimer, but doesn't necessarily fit the library line completely (I never said it was perfect ;) ). The obvious 'Bella killed her husband and his remains are in the room' thing is too obvious and the axe is likely a red herring.
Actually that's not such a wild theory.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
On a different note, sorry for the illiteracy comment, that was uncalled for and I have since edited my original comment :(
Yeah that bothered me a bit since I thought that my english was well developed and I would be able to read between lines and come up with different outcomes based on actions. But yeah, I don‘t realize these paths because the ground for it is not solid enough. The possibility is just too low for me personally

D

Deleted member 2739658

Bro I just hope you are wrong :HideThePain: Can't see anything good coming from Quinn's manipulation
Don't worry about it too much, it's just a theory. I try to build theories based upon dialogue in the game, but ultimately there's nothing to prove any of those theories because it's not a reality, it's a product of DPC's imagination. I think something is going to happen and I try to second guess the author based on the clues he drops, but ultimately we can't get into his head.

Reactions: Pewdiepie9966
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes