D

Deleted member 2739658

Maya can still choose to not do what Quinn wants, especially in a situation that she's uncomfortable with. She's not going to do any of the glory hole stuff or anything like that because it's simply not in her character, no matter what's at stake. If Quinn puts her in a glory hole stall, she'll likely have a reaction that's equal parts Minny and Mona.

View attachment 781879 View attachment 781883

This isn't a corruption game, so it's simply not going to happen.

That's it? Maya definitively knows because the question she asked Quinn wasn't answered because Sage interrupts them?

And people say I'm reaching with my theories. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Forget it man, Jesus himself with the ghost of Plato, Carl Jung, and Dear Abby could come down from heaven and explain it to you but you still wouldn't get it. Do me a favor, don't reply to any of my post and I won't reply to yours because we're never going to agree.

• Haha
Reactions: n0cn1l and Maviarab

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Maya can still choose to not do what Quinn wants, especially in a situation that she's uncomfortable with. She's not going to do any of the glory hole stuff or anything like that because it's simply not in her character, no matter what's at stake. If Quinn puts her in a glory hole stall, she'll likely have a reaction that's equal parts Minny and Mona.

View attachment 781879 View attachment 781883

This isn't a corruption game, so it's simply not going to happen.

And Quinn doesn't answer her because Sage interrupts them, so Maya doesn't know what's required.
Yeah, it isn't. We know it's not going to happen. The thing is... why tease with the possibility of something we know it's not happening? It takes all the tension from her storyline away, it's like a spoiler.

D

Deleted member 2739658

are you talking about who we choose to have sex after Josy's father visit?

and in case we were rejected, still mark who we choose to follow?

that is one of the most infamous choices, because narratively there is no reason not to follow Maya, regardless of who interests us the most
I didn't follow Maya in my game. I'm not in the threesome, because it's ridiculous, and didn't have sex with either. I guess that poor flag will have to stay unfurled.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Forget it man, Jesus himself with the ghost of Plato, Carl Jung, and Dear Abby could come down from heaven and explain it to you but you still wouldn't get it. Do me a favor, don't reply to any of my post and I won't reply to yours because we're never going to agree.
There's nothing to get. Maya has neither done nor will do anything to prostitute herself for Quinn's "restaurant".

THAT is what you don't get.

Yeah, it isn't. We know it's not going to happen. The thing is... why tease with the possibility of something we know it's not happening? It takes all the tension from her storyline away, it's like a spoiler.
Because it's probably not about teasing the possibility of Maya doing something, but about teasing what happens when someone who Quinn can't control finds out about it. Quinn thinks she can manipulate Maya into joining the menu, but because of the support that Maya has (Josy and the MC), as well as the nature of Maya's character, she won't be able to make Maya do it and then it becomes one of those "loose lips" situations Quinn hinted at in ep 3 and about Quinn will do to keep them quiet.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
let's not exaggerate ...

personally I have always found childish to think of being able to face college with a free tuition of dubious origin

but the alternative is not prostitution, but ANY HONEST WORK.
even in Italy where education is quite cheap, many students work while they study.
in america i know that it is very common to ask for a student loan

to say that Maya's only way to go to college is prostitution seems like a sensational exaggeration ...
Will she become a Mafia serial killer for her doctorate?

but rather she leaves the university and lives her dream of love with Josy
At the end of the day, we all know Maya needs the 'free' tuition purely to drive the plot. It's the perfect excuse to get the shy, feminist character to pledge the party-girl sorority; sexy, drama-filled hijinks ensue.

That said, I do think there are a few possible fig leafs to explain her obsession with it. We know from her initial discussion that she IS taking out student loans already. So the real question is why student loans are enough for a 'poor' student like the MC, but not enough for Maya. Three possibilities occur to me.
maya_loans_1.jpg maya_loans_2.jpg

First, she's just more properly paranoid than the MC is: loans need to be paid back, and the MC may not realize just how big his debt truly is. We know economics isn't something the MC thought much about until Jill brought it up. Still, this seems unlikely.

Second, Maya had to take smaller loans because she refuses to work part time the way the MC and Josy did. This is supported by her comment that her dad wouldn't let her work in the Episode 4 flashback. So it's a great explanation... except that given how committed she seems to be to getting out from under her father's thumb, you'd think she'd be doubly committed to getting a job (she can simultaneously earn much needed money and defy him.) Could not getting a job be one of the terms of his ultimatum? Maybe.

But I think the most plausible explanation is that Maya's parents refused to co-sign her loans. Normally that's how young people with no record of financial responsibility can avoid ruinous interest rates. The MC's family is poor, but his dad has been working for decades, so he could have a decent credit record and at least a little collateral to back up the MC. Maya on her own, though, has more or less nothing. So it would make sense that she simply couldn't afford to borrow enough to pay for her tuition - even if she does work part time on the side.

So that's my attempt at rationalizing the situation. YMMV.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Why you so sure it won't happen? I find it perfectly possible plotwise that, at some point, Maya will decide to try it out because she sees that's her only way to stay in college. Even if that's not entirely true because there are always other options, she can be confused enough to be dragged in by Quinn and the other girls, or even angry enough for being left on her own (the final push given by the MC stealing Josie from her after showing her she likes boys too) to give it a go. In a normal situation she wouldn't take that step, but with a fucked-up state-of-mind and in a moment of need, everything is possible and her personality seems submissive enough to let herself go under such circumstances.
NTR claims? I don't think DPC would worry too much about that, more so if he does it near the end.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
So it would be kind of a dick move by the MC to be like, "nah, I just want Maya, so I want you to break up with Josy so we can be together".
I hope this won't happen. Kinda cruel to let us decide and then destroying their relationship in the process

I'm not in the threesome, because it's ridiculous, and didn't have sex with either
You, kind sir, have missed the best and glorious path in the game

I also don't think that Maya would prostitute herself and let Quinn control her. It's not fitting to her character. If it happened tho that's bad writing on DPC's side. Characters doing questionable actions for the sake of drama is not a good move

D

Deleted member 2739658

At the end of the day, we all know Maya needs the 'free' tuition purely to drive the plot. It's the perfect excuse to get the shy, feminist character to pledge the party-girl sorority; sexy, drama-filled hijinks ensue.

That said, I do think there are a few possible fig leafs to explain her obsession with it. We know from her initial discussion that she IS taking out student loans already. So the real question is why student loans are enough for a 'poor' student like the MC, but not enough for Maya. Three possibilities occur to me.
View attachment 781891 View attachment 781889

First, she's just more properly paranoid than the MC is: loans need to be paid back, and the MC may not realize just how big his debt truly is. We know economics isn't something the MC thought much about until Jill brought it up. Still, this seems unlikely.

Second, Maya had to take smaller loans because she refuses to work part time the way the MC and Josy did. This is supported by her comment that her dad wouldn't let her work in the Episode 4 flashback. So it's a great explanation... except that given how committed she seems to be to getting out from under her father's thumb, you'd think she'd be doubly committed to getting a job (she can simultaneously earn much needed money and defy him.) Could not getting a job be one of the terms of his ultimatum? Maybe.

But I think the most plausible explanation is that Maya's parents refused to co-sign her loans. Normally that's how young people with no record of financial responsibility can avoid ruinous interest rates. The MC's family is poor, but his dad has been working for decades, so he could have a decent credit record and at least a little collateral to back up the MC. Maya on her own, though, has more or less nothing. So it would make sense that she simply couldn't afford to borrow enough to pay for her tuition - even if she does work part time on the side.

So that's my attempt at rationalizing the situation. YMMV.
That is pretty plausible, the third choice especially. It's always bothered me as to why Maya couldn't afford college and the MC could.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Because it's probably not about teasing the possibility of Maya doing something, but about teasing what happens when someone who Quinn can't control finds out about it. Quinn thinks she can manipulate Maya into joining the menu, but because of the support that Maya has (Josy and the MC), as well as the nature of Maya's character, she won't be able to make Maya do it and then it becomes one of those "loose lips" situations Quinn hinted at in ep 3 and about Quinn will do to keep them quiet.
That could be part of it, but that's still some episodes in the future (or maybe next one, who knows) but as for right now that's where the tension of her storyline should be, getting deeper into a nasty situation fully knowing that she won't do it.

One thing I suppose we are going to disagree is that I see Maya as the type of person who could fall into such a scheme under the right circumstances, passive, obedient, easily manipulated... If she didn't have either Josy or the MC (or Derek) I could see her falling into it. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

D

Deleted member 2739658

I hope this won't happen. Kinda cruel to let us decide and then destroying their relationship in the process

You, kind sir, have missed the best and glorious path in the game

I also don't think that Maya would prostitute herself and let Quinn control her. It's not fitting to her character. If it happened tho that's bad writing on DPC's side. Characters doing questionable actions for the sake of drama is not a good move
Could you explain to me how it's not fitting to her character? Because when I look at Maya I see someone who lacks the courage to stand up to her Father, even though her Father comes between her and her beloved girlfriend. She's also insecure, demanding 100% from everyone else though barely giving any back, which also points to her being self-centered. So I just don't see the personality that could stand up to Quinn, especially while Quinn dangles the one thing that Maya desperately wants. The scholarship that she thinks will let her get out from under her Father's thumb and live the life she chooses.

LatinEmperor

May 6, 2020

No, Maya is never going to be part of Quinn's operations, if the the dev follow his established characters' traits. A good example is that Maya straight up ask Sage to be her pledge mother if the players tell her that Quinn is running a sex business. Maya is willing to remain a HOT so far mainly because the only guy she had to get sexual with is the MC aka the guy she actually loves romantically. Moreover, Sage doesn't like Quinn's operations even though it brings them tons of money, so she definitely will not allow Quinn to force any of the HOTs to join the business. Quinn also likes the MC, so the last thing she wants to do is really piss off the MC. If you haven't realize, Quinn pratically jumps on the MC four times without expecting anything in return, yet she is all business-like with every other guy in the scenes.

D

Deleted member 2739658

No, Maya is never going to be part of Quinn's operations, if the the dev follow his established characters' traits. A good example is that Maya straight up ask Sage to be her pledge mother if the players tell her that Quinn is running a sex business. Maya is willing to remain a HOT so far mainly because the only guy she had to get sexual with is the MC aka the guy she actually loves romantically. Moreover, Sage doesn't like Quinn's operations even though it brings them tons of money, so she definitely will not allow Quinn to force any of the HOTs to join the business. Quinn also likes the MC, so the last thing she wants to do is really piss off the MC. If you haven't realize, Quinn pratically jumps on the MC four times without expecting anything in return, yet she is all business-like with every other guy in the scenes.
You're assuming that Sage knows about Quinn's business. When Sage enters the pool room Quinn tells Maya to zip it, to shut up.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
Could you explain to me how it's not fitting to her character? Because when I look at Maya I see someone who lacks the courage to stand up to her Father, even though her Father comes between her and her beloved girlfriend. She's also insecure, demanding 100% from everyone else though barely giving any back, which also points to her being self-centered. So I just don't see the personality that could stand up to Quinn, especially while Quinn dangles the one thing that Maya desperately wants. The scholarship that she thinks will let her get out from under her Father's thumb and live the life she chooses.
Yeah that's right she lacks the courage to stand up to her father, but she has people around her that help her and that's the important part. There is no scenario I can think of where neither Josy or MC or even her own brother would let Maya prostitute herself. Also Maya is not the ''sex-drived'' character (Don't know how to phrase it but I hope you get what I mean) She is even hesitant towards the MC, a guy she loves or has some kind of feelings towards. And then you expect her to suck a random guys dick? Nah man, not gonna happen.

Also the reason Maya can't stand up against her father is because of the environment she grew up in (religious, conservative father) and then there is you, a lesbian daughter. Some of you may not know how hard it is to tell your religious parents about your sexuality, so it's normal for Maya to be submissive. (That's just my take on her reasoning)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Actually the player never says Maya that Quinn runs a sex business. In the end he just says 'she earns money from girls' and 'don't trust her' and she's the one who brings up the idea of turning up to Sage... with no visible effect, as HOT pledgers aren't allowed to change mothers. So if she wants to remain a HOT, she'd have to stick with Quinn and do all what she need to do in order to be accepted. That's when, sooner or later, she will face the decision of joining the business. If she feels that's her only option to get the money she needs so desperately, I don't see it quite strange she would end accepting. Especially if she doesn't feel MC's and/or Maya's support.
Also, it's still not clear what Sage knows about Quinn's business, so let's scratch that assumption "she definitely will not allow Quinn to force any of the HOTs to join the business" because, as far as we know, she might not even know there's a business at all. I'm guessing she will know all the truth just a second too late. And about Quinn not pissing off the MC, well, in some paths it's perfectly possible the MC doen't give a shit about Maya, so there it goes.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That could be part of it, but that's still some episodes in the future (or maybe next one, who knows) but as for right now that's where the tension of her storyline should be, getting deeper into a nasty situation fully knowing that she won't do it.

One thing I suppose we are going to disagree is that I see Maya as the type of person who could fall into such a scheme under the right circumstances, passive, obedient, easily manipulated... If she didn't have either Josy or the MC (or Derek) I could see her falling into it. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
That's why we have Mona. She seems likely to be the character that shows what happens when someone is desperate, malleable, and doesn't have a strong support structure around them. The only person that seems close to Mona is Camila and she'll encourage rather than discourage Mona because Camila seems to be all in with Quinn's operation.

Maya will likely have Josy, Derek, and the MC long enough that she won't fall into such a thing, and even if she lost Josy and the MC, she'll still have Derek and will have likely built up enough resilience that she won't resort to going down that road.

There's a huge difference between standing up to your family and standing up to someone who you've only known for a short time, namely the fact that it's often harder to stand up to your own family when there's the bond of unconditional love that you fear to lose.

Maya may be looking for the easy way out, but she also seems prepared to go down the harder route if necessary.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah that's right she lacks the courage to stand up to her father, but she has people around her that help her and that's the important part. There is no scenario I can think of where neither Josy or MC or even her own brother would let Maya prostitute herself. Also Maya is not the ''sex-drived'' character (Don't know how to phrase it but I hope you get what I mean) She is even hesitant towards the MC, a guy she loves or has some kind of feelings towards. And then you expect her to suck a random guys dick? Nah man, not gonna happen.

Also the reason Maya can't stand up against her father is because of the environment she grew up in (religious, conservative father) and then there is you, a lesbian daughter. Some of you may not know how hard it is to tell your religious parents about your sexuality, so it's normal for Maya to be submissive. (That's just my take on her reasoning)
Derek is the key here, as he's the only one who will never left her alone (MC and Maya could actually break her if they choose to start a relationship on their own). But sometimes you can't reach your loved ones on time, and sometimes they just make bad decissions before asking for advice or help because they think they are doing what is right. We do that all the time, admit it. She could see herself in a tight spot all alone and make the wrong move, then it would be just a bit too late. Also, why are we assuming Quinn will use her as any other menu girl? She can have bigger plans for her, a lesbo virgin sure is on high demand in some dark markets

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes