felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, as I said, if a condition of the ultimatum is also to stop being gay, then she can't agree to that because, at the time, that's what she believed she was. So her not accepting may not entirely be because of Josy since, as you say, she couldn't guarantee seeing her as she might not have got in to B&R.
I don't think being bisexual unlocks father's money ...

an ultimatum on "no longer being gay" would be ridiculous enough, how would the father verify his daughter's "conversion"? would it be enough to introduce MC to him?

are we sure Maya knew about Josy's difficulty getting accepted into the BR? it's always part of their unclear past
Of course it's "crazy", a) because it's a story made for dramatic purposes, but also b) she's a teenager and rational thought is something generally gained with age whilst emotional thought is generally what rules teenage life.
the idea is that the tuition is a considerable amount, so already believing that they give it to you easily is very naïve, then thinking of having no problems in a very "uninhibited" sorority for an extremely shy girl and in theory homosexual is really relying on providence, or to MC who in this game has the function of providence (to answer ename144 )

whenever Maya is shown to us in the HOTs it is patently out of place

it's like I quit my job and think I'm living by winning XFACTOR ...

Reactions: ExDeath730

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
As far as the relationship going the distance the second time (with or without the MC), that's entirely up to what DPC wants to happen. The people involved are inexperienced and the relationship is fragile (especially if it's going the polyamory route), but it's not impossible. IF DPC wants it to succeed and shows the girls (and the MC, if applicable) learning to make healthier choices, it can credibly succeed. If DPC wants it to fail because he hates making his audience happy, he can show the girls continuing to hide their feelings behind fear and indecision, and it will credibly fail.

Obviously, I am hoping for the former.
it is of course as you say, what DPC wants to happen will happen.

in fact, I made it a reasoning both of credibility and of plot
there are 3 main cases:

1) MC is just friends with Maya and Josy, and has no interest in them. in this situation it is irrelevant what happens to the couple, but if it has to remain within the main plot only a break up would bring them back into play, otherwise it would be just a distraction.

2) MC is only friends with Maya and Josy, but has an interest in one of them. in this case, forcibly, under certain conditions the couple must break up, otherwise it would be a dead end for MC

3) they are all three more than friends, in this case except for the wicked choices of MC, who would then be thrown out by the girls, it is a relationship that I see even more fragile than the original one. then also take into account that it is a relationship that should survive two seasons ... that it breaks down seems very likely to me, at least it has time to rebuild.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
don't confuse people because there won't be any M&J ending with mc, Dpc will never do mini harems so nope, in the end you will have to choose 1 for sure.
DPC has said they won't have a harem in the game, but this is not a harem, not even a mini one, it's a throuple and such things exist in the real world so it's not as unrealistic as the multi-women harems that are present in so many other games.

Yes, they quite literally burned away the last potential throuple in AL, but that is not necessarily indicative of this one also not working out. It cannot be said that it's definitely not going to happen, and I guess the same can also be said of it happening, but a throuple ending is entirely possible at this stage and will all depend on how DPC wants to write it, but there's no reason why they can't make it work as ename144 was saying.

The game is certainly dangling that carrot in front of us just like AL did, and to make this another no-win situation would be bad form just as it would be if they did it with any other LI.

I don't think being bisexual unlocks father's money ...

an ultimatum on "no longer being gay" would be ridiculous enough, how would the father verify his daughter's "conversion"? would it be enough to introduce MC to him?
Being bisexual doesn't solve the ultimatum either, but that's not what I was saying. Her Dad potentially trying to force her to "no longer be gay" is certainly ridiculous, but it happens. Parents who disapprove of their child being gay will often think it's just a phase and therefore something they can get over if they just meet the right person of the opposite sex. He certainly can't verify it as she could just lie to him, but some parents will think their child can get passed these feelings.

are we sure Maya knew about Josy's difficulty getting accepted into the BR? it's always part of their unclear past
We don't know if Maya knew that Josy still hadn't been accepted yet, but she could at least have been hoping Josy would show up eventually.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
DPC has said they won't have a harem in the game, but this is not a harem, not even a mini one, it's a throuple and such things exist in the real world so it's not as unrealistic as the multi-women harems that are present in so many other games.

Yes, they quite literally burned away the last potential throuple in AL, but that is not necessarily indicative of this one also not working out. It cannot be said that it's definitely not going to happen, and I guess the same can also be said of it happening, but a throuple ending is entirely possible at this stage and will all depend on how DPC wants to write it, but there's no reason why they can't make it work as @ename144 was saying. But the game is certainly dangling that carrot in front of us just like AL did, and to make this another no-win situation would be bad form just as it would be if they did it with any other LI.
If you think he will give us a throuple ending, you dont know anything about dpc.
Be my guess and try to go for that, I will just be laughing when the consequence of that choice explodes in your face. :ROFLMAO:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If you think he will give us a throuple ending, you dont know anything about dpc.
Be my guess and try to go for that, I will just be laughing when the consequence of that choice explodes in your face. :ROFLMAO:
This is only his 2nd game and it's drastically different from their first, so who really knows what DPC will and won't do? Just because he had a psycho killer in the last game doesn't mean there will be one in this game, just because a LI died in the last game doesn't mean one will die here, and just because he made one game where a throuple didn't work out does not mean that will happen in this game.

If he wants to be labeled a one-trick pony, then by all means, go ahead and repeat all the same beats of the previous game, but the best writers/creators can turn their hand to different types of stories/genres, do different things, and not be repetitious. This game is just that, and the very nature of it does not make their relationship unlikely, unless DPC is a masochist who likes to play with his audience which I sincerely hope they're not. Not having a M&J ending is the same as not having a Sage ending, or a Jill ending, or a Bella ending, even when you do everything right because the dev has hard-coded a bad ending for them. Players wouldn't be happy about him doing this with any other LI, so M&J should be no exception.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

Yes, they quite literally burned away the last potential throuple in AL, but that is not necessarily indicative of this one also not working out. It cannot be said that it's definitely not going to happen, and I guess the same can also be said of it happening, but a throuple ending is entirely possible at this stage and will all depend on how DPC wants to write it, but there's no reason why they can't make it work as ename144 was saying.

The game is certainly dangling that carrot in front of us just like AL did, and to make this another no-win situation would be bad form just as it would be if they did it with any other LI.
Given DPC's track record I think it's better to just assume he won't give players any sort poly ending with 2 girls. It's better to keep your expectations low to avoid being dissapointed then to have high expectations only to be greatly dissapointed.

We don't get any sort of threeway endings = that's fine as I wasn't realistically expecting any in the first place.

We do get a or a few threeway endings = Great! a pleasant surprise as I didn't think there would be any.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
This is only his 2nd game and it's drastically different from their first, so who really knows what DPC will and won't do? Just because he had a psycho killer in the last game doesn't mean there will be one in this game, just because a LI died in the last game doesn't mean one will die here, and just because he made one game where a throuple didn't work out does not mean that will happen in this game.
No one is saying he will do the same tricks, but he has a stance of what he does and what he doesn't, like incest.
It was very clear to me his stance on 3way endings.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

If he wants to be labeled a one-trick pony, then by all means, go ahead and repeat all the same beats of the previous game, but the best writers/creators can turn their hand to different types of stories/genres, do different things, and not be repetitious. This game is just that, and the very nature of it does not make their relationship unlikely, unless DPC is a masochist who likes to play with his audience which I sincerely hope they're not. Not having a M&J ending is the same as not having a Sage ending, or a Jill ending, or a Bella ending, even when you do everything right because the dev has hard-coded a bad ending for them. Players wouldn't be happy about him doing this with any other LI, so M&J should be no exception.
I don't think the value of this game will be measured by how happy Maya and Josy's ending will be, which is still basically a surprise in the game (personally quite unexpected).

if everything will happen with its own logic why should it be a problem? there is no need for a serial killer or a fire.

it does not even seem comparable to the situation of AL where one of the 4 LI was a scam, one was unreachable by itself, and in addition the happy ending to the triangle was denied.

Jul 20, 2020
While it is dpc's story, I think not showing a throuple, when there's so much build up to it would really segregate the players in the end, and possibly turn future players from future projects. From a business sense, giving the players what they want makes sense.

Plus this game seems to have a happier feel to it over AL, so let's all just hope for happy endings in this game for all players regardless of the LI they choose. He'd did say he's modeling this game from the college movies of the 80's, 90's e.t.c, which generally end in a good note.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
What do you think, guys, about the idea that Sage was a prep in her first years of college? Jill mentiones that several female guests lived in the ANO mansion, we know that Sage comes from money, and this man-bun dude (who is probably her father) says he was under impression that his daughter would attend the party. Also that would explain Sage's answer to one of Tybalt's comments in Rooster.
I've wondered about "Man-bun dude", is he really Sage's Father or is he a red-herring thrown to amuse the speculator's? If he is Sage's Father, then who is he? I have a few off the wall theories but they're purely conjecture.

If M-bd is Sage's Father, who is he? Is he a Burgmeister? The comment's of the two Prep's he's speaking to seem to indicate that he is someone important.
IF M-bd is a Red-herring then who are Sage's parents? I've played with the theory before that her parents are Jade and Stephen Burke. Once again this is purely conjecture.

Also the scene's with M-bd, especially the scene with the two business men are just so odd. The whole conversation about the business retreat just feels like an inside joke. Also the expressions of the business men when Derek does his Clockwork Orange walk, they're just so knowing, like they're in on the joke.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Blackford

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Given DPC's track record I think it's better to just assume he won't give players any sort poly ending with 2 girls. It's better to keep your expectations low to avoid being dissapointed then to have high expectations only to be greatly dissapointed.

We don't get any sort of threeway endings = that's fine as I wasn't realistically expecting any in the first place.

We do get a or a few threeway endings = Great! a pleasant surprise as I didn't think there would be any.
If DPC had done this kind of thing 3 or 4 times, maybe then we could call it a track record, but they've only done it once and the circumstances were quite different. In AL, right when the relationship was just beginning, it was ended and even though it hurt to see that happen, they had not yet done anything as a throuple so there wasn't as much investment in that dynamic. But here we have a situation where the MC, and by extension the player, will likely be able to spend a few episodes in a relationship with these 2 girls and potentially have a few sex scenes with both at the same time. Therefore, the investment in this relationship will become stronger the more time that is spent in that relationship that to have it taken away by a forced and unavoidable plot element would be a mistake.

Imagine if they did this with Bella, that you could have all positive interactions with her, do all of her sex scenes, and make her your primary goal, but despite doing all that, there is no ending for her and the MC. How would that make you feel? How would that make other players feel? Remember the Mass Effect 3 controversy? Saying nothing of the ending, it also had a problem whereby it disregarded player choice and the investment they put in to certain characters from ME2. DPC would essentially be doing the same here to disregard the investment people have in a particular relationship if they make it a no-win scenario.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If DPC had done this kind of thing 3 or 4 times, maybe then we could call it a track record, but they've only done it once and the circumstances were quite different. In AL, right when the relationship was just beginning, it was ended and even though it hurt to see that happen, they had not yet done anything as a throuple so there wasn't as much investment in that dynamic. But here we have a situation where the MC, and by extension the player, will likely be able to spend a few episodes in a relationship with these 2 girls and potentially have a few sex scenes with both at the same time. Therefore, the investment in this relationship will become stronger the more time that is spent in that relationship that to have it taken away by a forced and unavoidable plot element would be a mistake.

Imagine if they did this with Bella, that you could have all positive interactions with her, do all of her sex scenes, and make her your primary goal, but despite doing all that, there is no ending for her and the MC. How would that make you feel? How would that make other players feel? Remember the Mass Effect 3 controversy? Saying nothing of the ending, it also had a problem whereby it disregarded player choice and the investment they put in to certain characters from ME2. DPC would essentially be doing the same here to disregard the investment people have in a particular relationship if they make it a no-win scenario.
do you have no doubt about the happy ending with Bella?

right now it is simply unimaginable.

of course I would be very disappointed, but that a love story with a married teacher ends badly I take it into account from the beginning

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

It's not that I disagree with your advice, I just don't feel it's applicable.

I didn't set out to get a threesome out of Maya and Josy, I wanted to pursue Maya only to discover she was already in a relationship with Josy. At that point there are only a couple options: a) hope they break up, or b) try to pursue the triangle with both (or just forget both girls and try another LI, but that's what other playthroughs are for!). Even given DPC's track record, B is the only palatable option here because I'd hate to break them up.

As you say, it's entirely possible this will end badly. But that's not because I set unrealistic expectations, that's because DPC would be a right bastard who forced an unwinnable situation on me. I sincerely hope that won't happen, but there's precious little I can do about it.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
do you have no doubt about the happy ending with Bella?

right now it is simply unimaginable.

of course I would be very disappointed, but that a love story with a married teacher ends badly I take it into account from the beginning
I have no less doubt of a happy ending with Bella than I do about a happy ending with M&J, and that is my point. Since it would, for many people, be "unimaginable" that she won't have a happy ending with the MC, it is unimaginable to me that there cannot be a happy ending for M&J with the MC. Players are investing themselves in many different relationships and this game so far appears to be setting up at least 6 main relationship endings, therefore these should have endings since they're the ones that matter most to the players.

scalvi

Uploader
Donor
Mar 17, 2020
I've wondered about "Man-bun dude", is he really Sage's Father or is he a red-herring thrown to amuse the speculator's? If he is Sage's Father, then who is he? I have a few off the wall theories but they're purely conjecture.

If M-bd is Sage's Father, who is he? Is he a Burgmeister? The comment's of the two Prep's he's speaking to seem to indicate that he is someone important.
IF M-bd is a Red-herring then who are Sage's parents? I've played with the theory before that her parents are Jade and Stephen Burke. Once again this is purely conjecture.

Also the scene's with M-bd, especially the scene with the two business men are just so odd. The whole conversation about the business retreat just feels like an inside joke. Also the expressions of the business men when Derek does his Clockwork Orange walk, they're just so knowing, like they're in on the joke.
Well I'm almost certain that the business man with red short haircut is a Burgmeister. He seems to be pretty young but serious at the same time, red-haired as his son and can be described as "cool" like Rusty once described his dad.

I don't think M-bd is a Burgmeister because I think then he would be treated differently by those business men. As many before me suggested, M-bd is one of those who have recently made a fortune and do not have much legacy behind their backs. That's why he is not treated very much respectful. But he wants to join this "business crew" and he tries to talk with everyone at the party to expand his contacts. Matches with the reason why Sage was avoiding her dad.
I just don't see other candidates for M-bd daughter and don't think we should look for a catch or a red-herring.

But I can totally see why she can be Jade's daughter. Unknown photo frame that she threw at Stephen in Episode 3, her words about several children and Jacob's speech about the danger of fucking Sage in public. Though I hope it's wrong. I am already looking forward to the scene where my MC is drinking beer with M-bd and Sage at the background is screaming "Daaaaaaaad, stop embarrassing me"

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes