phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Dealing with this game is always such a chore because its size slams nopy when it comes out, and I have to resort to grabbing the cached download link out of firefox so I can throw it to wget on the command line instead in order to get around the inevitable timeouts and failures after I walk away to let it finish.

Then I have to unpack all of the rpa archives, decompile and grep for the hundreds of renpy.block_rollback() calls in order to throw the source into emacs and change all of that crap to pass statements. I hate minigames and authors who want to force me to scum save instead of using my mouse wheel to roll back.

nekevac446

Nov 2, 2020
Hey, the compressed version does not work with the patch any ideas on fixing it
It will be a great help MAGGOTS

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
I saw that there's a small interaction with Heather. Does anyone know how to get this? I'm guessing it's in Tommy's room but I think the door is locked.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
So, do we have any sort of concrete measure of what $5000 is worth in this universe? I've been taking it for granted it's literally American dollars but things are kinda inconsistent when it comes to money. The "tokens" we have spent up to now are never consistent. I know they're not specific dollar amounts each but there's no consistency between them with a soda costing one, dinner costing two but a threesome with Riona and Quinn being the same as two meals and a soda... and the MC acts like he's having to dip into his tuition to afford it. Are soda's crazy expensive or is Quinn a cheap fuck? Are the tokens logarithmic in how they scale? Is 5 tokens not 5 times the value of 1?

Similarly the new management feature has them being paid $1 for a days work. Are these the same dollars the MC's inheritance is in? Replacing all the windows is (IIRC) $18. MC could easily cover that making his $5000 actually quite a lot of money if it could replace an entire mansions windows 280 odd times over. A VIP pass to a strip club is $10... and everyone acts like Rusty needed his dad's money to pay for that. Surely $5000 is a huge sum if it's 500 times what a year VIP pass to a strip club costs.

Basically what can we realistically do with $5000? Are we talking cover Maya's tuition for 4 years or is this literally 5 grand and not really life changing amounts of money. Has there been any real specific mentions of the value of a $ in game?

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
So, do we have any sort of concrete measure of what $5000 is worth in this universe? I've been taking it for granted it's literally American dollars but things are kinda inconsistent when it comes to money. The "tokens" we have spent up to now are never consistent. I know they're not specific dollar amounts each but there's no consistency between them with a soda costing one, dinner costing two but a threesome with Riona and Quinn being the same as two meals and a soda... and the MC acts like he's having to dip into his tuition to afford it. Are soda's crazy expensive or is Quinn a cheap fuck? Are the tokens logarithmic in how they scale? Is 5 tokens not 5 times the value of 1?

Similarly the new management feature has them being paid $1 for a days work. Are these the same dollars the MC's inheritance is in? Replacing all the windows is (IIRC) $18. MC could easily cover that making his $5000 actually quite a lot of money if it could replace an entire mansions windows 280 odd times over. A VIP pass to a strip club is $10... and everyone acts like Rusty needed his dad's money to pay for that. Surely $5000 is a huge sum if it's 500 times what a year VIP pass to a strip club costs.

Basically what can we realistically do with $5000? Are we talking cover Maya's tuition for 4 years or is this literally 5 grand and not really life changing amounts of money. Has there been any real specific mentions of the value of a $ in game?
I have absolutely NO clue how many works in this world lol. However, I thought the windows were like 60 bucks...? Other than Ch. 6, I don't think there's been any value assigned to dollar signs.....

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Compressed version goes into error during Cathy's class when she asks for homework or w/e. The first time I got by just hitting ignore a bunch of times, the second time after playing the DnD game it won't fix itself. No idea if it's the game, my save file or what.

Also, I distinctly remember playing this for the first time and thinking "what this game needs is a task manager minigame".

Reactions: SiriusDar17
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes