R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah I have to say the tone is dark tone is beginning to become overbearing. I enjoyed the Mansion rebuilding minigames because I enjoy management sims in general at least before this episode there we character's with minimal drama. Ironically it seems like sage has the most normal college drama for now.

I think one of the reasons I'd enjoyed the Jill content up to now is it was so innocent and wholesome compared to the rest of the story so its a shame to see it become so heavily dramatized now. I just hope the rest of her plot is handled with a little more finesse

I can't comment on acting lessions as I still am debating if i should play through based on what I've read about the story in general

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
I'm kind of curious if anyone knows why its set up so you either skip all the minigames or none of the minigames. is that a coding thing or simply a development choice

BirdBarclay

May 2, 2020
Yo,so what did Mayas dad do? Can someone put the answer in spoilers. Unsure if I want to download this update or not.
Don't worry, you should play this episode, it feels a bit dark but nothing "that bad" has happened, i don't know about the next update tho, it just seems that in the world of BaDIK a lot of problems are cooking and some of them are gonna burn sooner than later, that or we get some deus ex machina, like, MC superkicks every bad guy in the chin and his father is secretly the president of the united states, or idk, im no writer.

How bad was that game??
Acting Lessons it's not a bad game, it's very depressing, and rushed, i wouldn't recommend it but some people like it i guess.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Very. It has a terrible ending that is depressing as fuck and really, really dark. People thought DPC wouldn't do that kind of thing again, but after playing this episode, I'm not so sure about that anymore.
The best Chapter was the Hell Week plot arc by far... humor, sex, romance... But I think we are getting carried away by the emotions of this last chapter, there are still many more to come out (I think) and it can still be fixed, it is clear that this is not a Harem game and I am already psyched. Notice that as I have said a thousand times, the Maya and Josy thing screwed me up, but seeing what I saw in this chapter 6 I liked the part with them as much as being a "friend" ... friendship forever

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
I've just finished the entire episode. Man, things are starting to get serious. First choosing between Sage and Jill, and the ending... too dark IMO. I mean, knowing DPC it has me worried. Having fun with all the girls avaliable is coming to an end, I'm afraid.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Yeah I have to say the tone is dark tone is beginning to become overbearing. I enjoyed the Mansion rebuilding minigames because I enjoy management sims in general at least before this episode there we character's with minimal drama. Ironically it seems like sage has the most normal college drama for now.

I think one of the reasons I'd enjoyed the Jill content up to now is it was so innocent and wholesome compared to the rest of the story so its a shame to see it become so heavily dramatized now. I just hope the rest of her plot is handled with a little more finesse
The worst part about that whole thing is that IRL, Tybalt's threatened lawsuit wouldn't work out. DPC dumbing down Jill's character to allow her to succumb to some weak threats is wack asf and bad writing. Jill has the resources to counter a lawsuit from Tybalt and could even threaten right back by refusing to talk to him/converse with him if he were to move forward with those threats.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm not happy with forced Josy&Maya and too many mini-games/free-roams but I'm happy with drama and would definitely like to see more plot twists. Emotional aspect is what differentiates great games from meh
The thing is that there can still be emotional impacts and drama but it's becoming too heavy-handed. Good drama is done slowly, carefully, death by a thousand cuts, you could say, but DPC is going straight for the jugular and it risks becoming so overbearing as to ruin the game.

Sir, will you count renders/animations of this Episode for each girl as always?
Yes, but not right now. I'm more in the mood to vent right now than do that, especially since I'll probably just get mad at seeing all the things I didn't see since this game is starting to hamstring players like myself by locking off lots of content that really shouldn't be locked.

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
But, amazing update. The art couldn't be any better, and the writing is also great. I loved taking care of Sage, I'm not used to see her that vulnerable and down. The threeway with Nicole was something else, but in general, I'm starting to be worried.

Please DPC, I don't want AL kind of drama, I'm begging.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Very. It has a terrible ending that is depressing as fuck and really, really dark. People thought DPC wouldn't do that kind of thing again, but after playing this episode, I'm not so sure about that anymore.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had decided to stay away from the thread until after playing the new chapter, mostly to avoid spoilers.

but then i saw you writing too much and i got worried, i read and i'm worrying even more:cry:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
After this update, I don't think I like DPC anymore. I've been largely indifferent to them with regards to the story direction, writing, etc, and willing to give them the benefit of doubt that they won't take this down too dark a road and pile on the drama, but I think those days may be gone.

It has often felt like DPC is very much trying to stride out on their own here by making a game that is massively different to everything else out there, not just in terms of its story and gameplay, but by wanting to fuck people up as much as people with difficult choices, serious drama, and gut-wrenching consequences. It's almost as if they're trying to punish people for playing adult games and I can almost imagine them sitting at their desk ghost-reading comments here and checking their Discord while gleefully rubbing their hands together like Mr Burns and cackling, "hee, hee, hee, your agony is delicious."

But just to say, as someone who plays the M&J route, it actually had some nice moments in this episode and actually seems like it could be the best one in this whole game, provided DPC doesn't toss anymore hand grenades into it or kill one of them off, and honestly, after this episode, I feel I can no longer rule that out as a possibility. :cry:
I'm going to respectfully Disagree.

So first off AL, was a good game, but too be honest, I did not really like the MC in that game. He was a bit on the feminine side for my taste. (I saw him as a weak minded, crying, emotional type of guy.). The fire-story was a gut punch, but ultimately IMO opinion a good plot device to end the game. So all in all a good game, but a bit meh for me personally, due to the MC.

That brings me to Being a Dick. Man, I love this game from the first time I started it. The MC is my kinda guy, but I love the fact that you can play him being more of a dick or not. But it was so well done, that even though you play him differently, it does not change the essence of his personality. That for me was masterfully done. He is a more or less honourable guy from humble beginnings that tries to do the right thing, but often messes up. He is perfect for me.

Then the girls...What can I say. Perfection. I love all of the main LIs. Now in terms of the tragedy in the game...well, I guess we have to wait and see, but I personally like the balance of the game between funny and serious moments. Also the opposite personalities of the LIs. Brooding Bella, Caring Jill, Friendly Maya, Sexy Josie, Party Sage plus the ton of sexy side characters. DPC gave an explicit warning at the start of the game, that everything is not going to be smooth sailing. But I don't foresee a AL type event happening again. Yes, Mona and Cathy might be gone, but they were always side characters. Shit like this happens al the time. MC is definitely going to resolve the Blackmail situation and I foresee him pretending to be Maya's BF solving the issue with dad as well. Let's see what happens.

I also do not mind the Minigames and free roams at all. I actually look forward to those Including rebuilding the house.

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
I want Tybalt in a fight competition wait let me put it in another way i want to break his head then set him up with drugs with the help of you know who then make his life miserable tar and feathers might also work.

Reactions: Alfius

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
By the time I got to the ending..I couldn't care less and made my decision in a split second. Never liked that 'main' character anyway. As for the game..average renders...very average writing and loads of drama on top of drama. It's only talked about for the ending, not for any apparent quality it may or may not have had.
lol now it has my curiosity...shit xD

halil123

May 23, 2017
The best Chapter was the Hell Week plot arc by far... humor, sex, romance... But I think we are getting carried away by the emotions of this last chapter, there are still many more to come out (I think) and it can still be fixed, it is clear that this is not a Harem game and I am already psyched. Notice that as I have said a thousand times, the Maya and Josy thing screwed me up, but seeing what I saw in this chapter 6 I liked the part with them as much as being a "friend" ... friendship forever

I doubt anyone excepts a full harem ending. But I can see DPC doing something like this just to become "dark": we choose Maya, Maya's dad kills Josy, Bella commits suicide, Jill marries Tybalt, Sage becomes a drug addict whore.

4.80 star(s) 1,513 Votes