dosenspezi

May 2, 2017
Funny that everyone who knows AL is eagerly awaiting some shocking value behind the next door...

just to be indignant about it!!! :mad:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: R1viel

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Bacchus said it pretty well, it might well be too late for a good ending for anyone.. yup. Classic DPC. I called it a long time ago. Fanboys don't like it, but DPC has limited tricks in his quiver, and all of them serve to give us pain and heartbreak.
If there is a way, it is to pick one girl and stick with her all the way through and do not fuck up. That is the only way for a horrible but decent ending in AL, otherwise just horrible endings. I think the same will apply here.
AL didn't have any happy endings when you really think about it, because in all of them, someone died. So in every ending of this game, there's bound to be something sad and tragic before the end and it will be specific to that path or it will be universal, but one can only hold to the slightest sliver of hope that it won't be the death of a LI, even if you're not pursuing them anymore.

I have to say, as a Maya fan (see icon/sig) and a fan of the throuple of Josy/Maya/MC, if he pulls an "AL" level twist on those three, I think I'd be done with his products. There's no reason to go with a nuclear level twist in every drama game/story, specially one that's supposedly based on 80's/90's college comedies etc. There's nothing wrong with just having happy endings for all involved who chose the right options. But to take away player agency and just destroy relationship to be "edgy" will just end up tanking his following.

I like the writing in both his projects so far, the characters are all well rounded and spoken, but falling back on a previously used (and controversial) twist/mechanic would only hurt him in the long run from a business standpoint.
It's funny thinking about how they said that in a Q&A, yet this game couldn't be deviating further from that. If this truly was based on those kinds of movies, then the MC could be the campus man-whore with little consequence, the drama would be much, much milder, and there be more hope and optimism for good endings.

Right now, I'd say this is like Riverdale on streoids, and regular Riverdale is bad enough.

Acting Lessons kinda made sense with it but this is college for christ sake
Exactly, and he's only been at college for 3 weeks yet he's got at least 4 girls wanting to lock him down into a relationship. I didn't have my first college relationship until 5 months in and we actually started hanging out with a mutual group of people from about the 3rd or 4th day of starting. It took 3 months for me to realise I liked her that way and another 2 before we started going out. This game didn't have to take that long, but it's still happening way too fast.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
accusation for starting the fire maybe, but trespassing and vandalism still count, worst case mc will be expelled, hes not Chad to be given another chance, hes a freshman, a no name. of course this not will be a court battle, it wil be boring.

agree on how Jill react, just giving in right there and then.
or maybe we can get rid of him by asking his mom for help :p, he does tend to do everything for his mom.
on the other hand i would get dirt on his father and the students he has been banging, damaging his ego and reputation, and making him look like a fool seeing his dad aint so saintly as he believe he is.
and lastly, maybe Bella will come to our aid after having a chat with her in da near future, she did say she didnt liked tybalt.

well as ya can see, we got many ways, if not all to get rid of tybalt :p

AnHorse

Aug 2, 2018
I get that we automatically get compressed versions for every game so this doesn't really matter, but 10gb uncompressed for a renpy game is just stupid

Jul 20, 2020
It's funny thinking about how they said that in a Q&A, yet this game couldn't be deviating further from that. If this truly was based on those kinds of movies, then the MC could be the campus man-whore with little consequence, the drama would be much, much milder, and there be more hope and optisim for good endings.

Right now, I'd say this is like Riverdale on streoids, and regular Riverdale is bad enough.
Exactly, and he's only been at college for 3 weeks yet he's got at least 4 girls wanting to lock him down into a relationship.
I'm going to try to remain optimistic regarding this VN and potential endings, as I've said a few times, I liked the writing and characters/dialogue in AL, but I'll never replay it ever knowing that twist/ending it has. It really bummed me out, which I know is the point of the twist, but I don't play VN's to get stressed out and depressed. It's escapism I'm looking for, but if DPC takes advantage of players like that again I for one won't support any more projects. Once is fine, I can accept that, but when it becomes a constant gimmick, it wears thin.. quickly.

Please no.. :confused:
I know, I was only joking, if it weren't for Maya/Josy, Jill and/or Bella favorites of mine. I just always laugh when her character comes on screen and her eyes are *wide* open, unblinking... like she's a terminator or something.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
propably next year, maybe a lesser update in between now and then, but well it seems it takes about 2 or 3 months to make a complete chapter, and perhaps a few updates in between.
The only updates in between would be bugfixes, and it will about 4-5 months for Ep 7.

Nov 6, 2018
in the final od EP6 we see the teacher husband watching the sex video
i'm suspucting Rusty big time
and again i can't find the new scenes in the gallery i want to see if i skipped something

Igor277

Oct 16, 2018
Well, I guess we'll wait six months again .. what a pity... Great story
P.S. Fucking Tybalt. That guy will be a problem.

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
Great update... and quite dark (although it was expected, it's kinda surpassed my expectations)... and things keeps getting worse :( (especially on Massive DIK "fuck them all" path, which is of course obvious). Seems that even without burnt house and psycho stalker bitch this game will be no less depressing than AL for me. :cautious:
P.S. While Sage solidifying her position as number one in my top, in the battle for the second place Quinn flushes Jill into the void. All hail the Quinn!

harshmellow

Mar 23, 2020
Being a DIK [v0.6.0] [Dr PinkCake] - Original Size: 3.1GB (Update Only)

Compressed UPDATE ONLY
done by UnRen v0.8 (Sam@F95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1 (bas@F95zone)

Download Win/Linux (700MB): MEGA - -
NOTE: New steps have been added for those have the version v0.5.2 unpacked. Read the text file included in zipped file if you are one of these.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.
can i use this to update an uncompressed game?

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I'm going to try to remain optimistic regarding this VN and potential endings, as I've said a few times, I liked the writing and characters/dialogue in AL, but I'll never replay it ever knowing that twist/ending it has. It really bummed me out, which I know is the point of the twist, but I don't play VN's to get stressed out and depressed. It's escapism I'm looking for, but if DPC takes advantage of players like that again I for one won't support any more projects. Once is fine, I can accept that, but when it becomes a constant gimmick, it wears thin.. quickly.

I know, I was only joking, if it weren't for Maya/Josy, Jill and/or Bella favorites of mine. I just always laugh when her character comes on screen and her eyes are *wide* open, unblinking... like she's a terminator or something.
That scene when Bella leave MC room and DIK's applaud her and Bella look at them... Haha, I love this scene.

Igor277

Oct 16, 2018
in the final od EP6 we see the teacher husband watching the sex video
i'm suspucting Rusty big time
and again i can't find the new scenes in the gallery i want to see if i skipped something
man... I had to replay two chapters to remove this moment. But some DIK is a rat that for sure

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes