ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The worst part about that whole thing is that IRL, Tybalt's threatened lawsuit wouldn't work out. DPC dumbing down Jill's character to allow her to succumb to some weak threats is wack asf and bad writing. Jill has the resources to counter a lawsuit from Tybalt and could even threaten right back by refusing to talk to him/converse with him if he were to move forward with those threats.
Actually...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Has anyone else felt kind of... I don't know... disappointed with these last couple of episodes?

In Episode 5, it felt like one step forwards, but two steps backwards. We had finally cleared Hell Week, as well as sorting out our living arrangement, but then the mansion get thrashed and we're left with another momentous task to solve. Except this time, we don't have the pleasure of staying with stunners such as Maya, Sage or Bella. I thought that that was the time the story was going to pick up its pace, but instead, it felt like we were set back even further. Adding to this, I thought the episode was packed with way too many freeroam events, in such a way that it no longer felt like we were advancing the story, only expanding the details.

Then you Episode 6, which was just... weird. We have some type of micro version of a kingdom management game, ridiculously difficult buttons to find in side quests, even more freeroam events, and to top it all off, half the scenes were in the context of D&G, which is just complete imagination. It holds the same value as a dream sequence. I feel like the game is just being convoluted with content that isn't relevant to the overall experience.

And when DrPinkCake spends five months on updates, I can't help but think he is making poor choices in terms of priority. Instead of advancing the story (I don't know at what point the game will reach its conclusion, but if it's at graduation, we will be going until 2025), the game is being broadened and filled with content that really isn't that meaningful. The entire D&G scene could have been cut to favour something else, for example. I don't know if I am the only one who thinks like this, but when I wait this long for an update, I would have hoped it contained more exciting things than cleaning a mansion and talking to a bunch of dudes.
No, not just you.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
On this, I think I'm in partial agreement with Holy Bacchus : if DPC is worried about finding ways to shoehorn in lewd scenes for all the girls then he should stop writing the story in such a way that forces us to choose between the girls! Don't put in some half-assed (if lovingly rendered) dream sequence for us to fap to.

Personally, I like the branching paths. It adds exactly the sort of consequences to the relationships that I feel is sorely lacking from simple harem games like, say, WVM. Yes, I worry that DPC hasn't built up the trust that's required to really pull that off, but that's a risk I am prepared to take.

But in that case, DPC should stick to his guns and just admit that sometimes there won't be super-hot lewd scenes for everyone. We'll get over it (eventually, when the next episode comes out).
Affinity system showing its flaws once again as does dividing up characters on certain paths, like not being able to do anything with Jade and Cathy by staying with M&J.

So much of this game is now becoming an exercise in trying to understand why, from a character perspective, the MC wouldn't do certain things with certain characters or why they wouldn't do anything with him. It seems as though, in an effort to create replayability, the locking of certain events to different paths and affinities is creating inconsistency issues with how the MC is and what they can do because, as has been discussed many times, a player can do everything with M&J and can have just about all their RP points, yet they get rejected just because they're DIK afffinity. Well, in this episode we saw that we can also be rejected by Quinn even if we've done almost everything with her just because a player doesn't have DIK affinity and is with M&J.

Aside from the gaming logic of replayability factor, it doesn't make sense in either case to be so cut off because if you take out the hamstringing affinity system, the MC has done enough in both cases to surely be accepted in these moments. Without locking content to certain affinities and relationship paths, there would be still be a of replay options with the different routes you can take of focusing on particular LIs and all the variations therein.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Guys, Ladies, Non Binary,
I think that a statement that several have quoted and then tried to defend is the “whoring around” statement.

Just to clarify for those of you thinking you can be a DIK, fuck all the girls, and somehow come out ok by choosing your love interest, due to the way this author writes, you bet your ass you CAN’T. He will punish you. It doesn’t matter if you’re in an open relationship, in no relationship, adulterous relationship, or whatever. It doesn’t matter what other AVN characters get or got away with.
This author “Dr.PinkCake” makes your decisions affect the outcome.

An earlier work by the same author, you could go out for a fun time at a club with your best buddy, if you messed around with one or the other or both of the two girls, and then did nothing else but date one of the main love interests(or in this case you could date two as they were best friends). Not only did one of them die needlessly, but you didn’t end up with the girl left alive. Bear in mind you were not dating said girl at the time, and might not have even met her yet, depending on which one you picked. But you were FUCKED. At best you had a chance for making it up to her in the epilogue, but you didn’t have the girl, even if everything else went right.

BaDIK is made by the same author, he is limiting paths to girls, you bet your ass you can be a DIK and have fun with some of them, but in the end??? Probably FUCKED. Especially Bella.

I’m not preaching morality. Fuck I hope you all are in fap heaven. However at the end of the game, based on writing stupidity into the game, DPC is all but assuring you are going to pay a price for not playing “his” way.

This is one reason I have been so vocal in criticism of the “Great DPC”. Fanboys, he is great at renders. He does great wingmen dialogue.He has great music to go with all of this. But story? Writing? Logical outcomes? He is below so many other more talented authors.
I expect fanboys to frag me on this, but two years from now just remember what has been said. Now by all means, fap and enjoy!
Peace

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I really disliked the choice of picking between Sage and Jill for their scenes. I guess its to put a wrench for those who are going after both of them? And Sage as adorable as she is being with a cold was just so she was out of the picture for some backstabbings to become afoot for later episodes.
It's particularly annoying to me because Jill is the most "Chick" path LI and Sage is the most "Dik" path LI, but this choice doesn't synch up with the morality implied by those paths. This choice says that the "good guy" thing to do is to ditch your sick friend after promising to take care of her so you can go on a date? And the "dick" thing to do is to look after your sick friend like you promised, turning down the date offer by telling them you have plans, even though it's completely true? That's some seriously backwards morality, IMO.

Sculp

Sep 3, 2018
In the end of episode 6 check burge he has letter of resignation in his table. I dont know why I couldn't upload screenshoot that I took but check that out

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
An earlier work by the same author, you could go out for a fun time at a club with your best buddy, if you messed around with one or the other or both of the two girls, and then did nothing else but date one of the main love interests(or in this case you could date two as they were best friends). Not only did one of them die needlessly, but you didn’t end up with the girl left alive. Bear in mind you were not dating said girl at the time, and might not have even met her yet, depending on which one you picked. But you were FUCKED. At best you had a chance for making it up to her in the epilogue, but you didn’t have the girl, even if everything else went right.
Just a quick note; it wasn't the after club sex with those 2 that gets the MC in trouble, it was having sex with them at the cabin. You can do that after club, but sex at the cabin with them, sex with Rena, and/or sex with Ana will get you in trouble. So, on the whole, yes, you do have to be faithful to Megan and Melissa, but only from the cabin onwards.

But, yes, even in a college setting it would seem DPC can't just let the MC get away with dating multiple women at the same time. Philly does this kind of thing really well and I only wish BaDIK were more like Depraved Awakening or CoBD, in that sense.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
It's particularly annoying to me because Jill is the most "Chick" path LI and Sage is the most "Dik" path LI, but this choice doesn't synch up with the morality implied by those paths. This choice says that the "good guy" thing to do is to ditch your sick friend after promising to take care of her so you can go on a date? And the "dick" thing to do is to look after your sick friend like you promised, turning down the date offer by telling them you have plans, even though it's completely true? That's some seriously backwards morality, IMO.
Now the lights are coming on at the poor writing skill of DPC!!!very good!
Bravo!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Just a quick note; it wasn't the after club sex with those 2 that gets the MC in trouble, it was having sex with them at the cabin. You can do that after club, but sex at the cabin with them, sex with Rena, and/or sex with Ana will get you in trouble. So, on the whole, yes, you do have to be faithful to Megan and Melissa, but only from the cabin onwards.

But, yes, even in a college setting it would seem DPC can't just let the MC get away with dating multiple women at the same time. Philly does this kind of thing really well and I only wish BaDIK were more like Depraved Awakening or CoBD, in that sense.
Philly is better all around, and yeah I think you are right, but you have your first mandatory sex with Megan in the lake also, so the line is quite blurred. You would have already had a chance with Melissa much earlier. Still that story stunk and this story looks pretty iffy on avoiding stink. Especially now.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
You can be on the CHICK or DIK path and still make your own decisions, My MC is a massive DIK and has never slept with quinn or did any of the bathroom stuff, he also didn't sleep with any of the stripper girls. You're not being forced to like / sleep with a girl regardless of the path you take, its all up to you. With that being said i don't think anyones playthrough is the exact same as someone elses.

I don't play the game going down the DIK or CHICK path, i pick whatever option i would do in real life regardless of if it gives me points in one thing or the other.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Aside from my one and only Jill-centric Chick playthrough, I'm choosing Sage every time. That Jill/Sage fork in the road is the dumbest choice I've seen to date for exactly the reasons you stated.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Now the lights are coming on at the poor writing skill of DPC!!!very good!
Bravo!
Just gonna say, don't hate me, but I wouldn't brand it all as "poor writing skill". I still say they've done a good job at creating compelling characters and stories for those characters that really grab you by the heartstrings, so in that sense I'd say their writing skill is good. Where I feel like they're not doing so good is plot development because they rely too heavily on overly dramatic plotlines and sucker punch moments rather than building suspense in more gradual and subtle ways. As I've been saying quite a bit, they go for the jugular rather inflict death by a thousand cuts, really build the tension before tearing it all down.

And I'd also say that the affinity system, whilst an interesting idea, creates so many contradictions with MC and player behaviour by locking off certain content even if your MC has done pretty much everything right in terms of their interactions with certain characters.

ant007

Mar 27, 2020
This part is not true. I ended up in AL with Melissa even though I was having fun with those two girls at the club, as well as under the table in the cabin . Only from the moment you become exclusive in your relationship, only then you can't fuck everything, but that is normal.
I’m not thrilled either that I can’t have Maya because I’m a DIK, but I’ve gone over that, moved on to another LI and now I’m enjoying the game.

Reactions: BirdBarclay

MurkyMain

Feb 9, 2019
Please help me, has anyone found a solution for the mac problem? running it through permission fixer for mac didnt work, help :C

4.80 star(s) 1,516 Votes