MurkyMain

Feb 9, 2019
Please help me, has anyone found a solution for the mac problem? running it through permission fixer for mac didnt work, help :C

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Guys, Ladies, Non Binary,
I think that a statement that several have quoted and then tried to defend is the “whoring around” statement.

Just to clarify for those of you thinking you can be a DIK, fuck all the girls, and somehow come out ok by choosing your love interest, due to the way this author writes, you bet your ass you CAN’T. He will punish you. It doesn’t matter if you’re in an open relationship, in no relationship, adulterous relationship, or whatever. It doesn’t matter what other AVN characters get or got away with.
This author “Dr.PinkCake” makes your decisions affect the outcome.

An earlier work by the same author, you could go out for a fun time at a club with your best buddy, if you messed around with one or the other or both of the two girls, and then did nothing else but date one of the main love interests(or in this case you could date two as they were best friends). Not only did one of them die needlessly, but you didn’t end up with the girl left alive. Bear in mind you were not dating said girl at the time, and might not have even met her yet, depending on which one you picked. But you were FUCKED. At best you had a chance for making it up to her in the epilogue, but you didn’t have the girl, even if everything else went right.

BaDIK is made by the same author, he is limiting paths to girls, you bet your ass you can be a DIK and have fun with some of them, but in the end??? Probably FUCKED. Especially Bella.

I’m not preaching morality. Fuck I hope you all are in fap heaven. However at the end of the game, based on writing stupidity into the game, DPC is all but assuring you are going to pay a price for not playing “his” way.

This is one reason I have been so vocal in criticism of the “Great DPC”. Fanboys, he is great at renders. He does great wingmen dialogue.He has great music to go with all of this. But story? Writing? Logical outcomes? He is below so many other more talented authors.
I expect fanboys to frag me on this, but two years from now just remember what has been said. Now by all means, fap and enjoy!
Peace
Rena is a main love interest and you can sleep around plenty and still end up with her at the end of the game. Yes Melissa or Megan die but shit happens, you can still have a proper ending in Acting Lessons. Rena was my main choice from the moment I saw her so I guess that's why I am not as sour as some on that game.

We're half way through this game, why are obsessed with a potential ending anyways. If you want Bella then keep your dick in your pants.

Choices have consequences and while the affinity system makes some arbitrary decisions automatically for you, it's refreshing to me after struggling to get through the lovey dovey WVM.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Having now run through my DIK, CHICK and Neutral play through I have some more thoughts;

Broadly I like the update. I think it could have been better, but some stuff is really going to depend on where the story winds up.

Ppositives;

Art - though I think the Cum shots are getting to big and some of the animations could have been better
Story - I don’t necessarily like where it’s going, but it’s reasonably well told.
Characters - I think the characters continue to be well written
Mechanics - I enjoyed the mansion fixing mini game

Negatives;

D&G - having now gone through it a few times, I think it was a mistake. I don’t think it’s badly done, and it’s kind of fun, especially the Sally stuff, but the energy for it, including the mini lewd scenes which I’ll probably never look at again seems wasted. I’d have liked either a bit more real world consequences to the choices in the game. (Charm Jill = Jill +1 Maya -1
Mona - She is running away at the end, it sucks, I wish MC could help her.
Jill - Tybalt blackmail sucks.
Bella - Silly that she would stay over. Also beginning to think unless you are going for her, you should leave her alone.

The last episode seemed to spend a bunch of energy saying “hey, main LI’s I’m dating other people.” This episode seems to say ”Hey, I feel guilty about dating other people and need to choose.” For a game that is only 6/12 (or even 6/18) through it is early to start to guilt the MC out. Will also bug me if it is a disaster to have fucked anyone but your main LI come the end. It seems like certainly for Bella, and possibly for Jill he is gearing up for something explosive depending on choices.

I also think this episode added to evidence for Aunty Jill .

Lynette was wealthy
Lynette died young
Jill’s sister died
We still haven’t fucked Jill (Technically no incest yet)
Jill’s sister liked to write
Lynette was on her 7th diary.
DPC clearly doesn’t mind doing Us dirty

This is still coincidental, and I’m not convinced, but just want to keep track of the hints if it does happen

Who is the traitor? Theories;

Vinny - bugged the laptop, no real evidence for this. Perhaps helped by Nick. Not clear why he would betray them.

Nick - In the library when the laptop is missing, room wasn’t vandalised. Again nothing concrete.

Rusty - wouldn’t make sense, but the phone that has been gifted to MC and Jam Jam is interesting.

Tommy - has access to the password. Has a temper. Cathy picture because he was pissed about Josy. Jade vid because he was pissed about MCs speech.

Leon - Hasn’t bothered to clean his room. Doesn’t seem to give a shit about anything.

Jamie - Perhaps not him but Dany. The feminists hate the DIKs.

Jacob - Seems unlikely. No reason, he’s room got trashed (plus from a meta stand point he now has the art, so doubtful he is a traitor)

Derek + MC - no access

In a way they could all be innocent and something else could be going on.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
An earlier work by the same author, you could go out for a fun time at a club with your best buddy, if you messed around with one or the other or both of the two girls, and then did nothing else but date one of the main love interests(or in this case you could date two as they were best friends). Not only did one of them die needlessly, but you didn’t end up with the girl left alive. Bear in mind you were not dating said girl at the time, and might not have even met her yet, depending on which one you picked. But you were FUCKED. At best you had a chance for making it up to her in the epilogue, but you didn’t have the girl, even if everything else went right.
I'm pretty sure this is incorrect; you can fool around with Angela and Hedwig in the bar without consequences as long as you don't do anything with them at Rena's house. But I'm sure as hell not going to replay AL to confirm that! (Yes, one of the LIs will still die, but that happens regardless of fooling around.)

BaDIK is made by the same author, he is limiting paths to girls, you bet your ass you can be a DIK and have fun with some of them, but in the end??? Probably FUCKED. Especially Bella.

I’m not preaching morality. Fuck I hope you all are in fap heaven. However at the end of the game, based on writing stupidity into the game, DPC is all but assuring you are going to pay a price for not playing “his” way.
Errr, based on your argument, wouldn't DPC NOT limit paths so that he would have more opportunities to play "Gotcha"? I think the fact he's adding all these branches is the sign there's more at work here than just punishing the player.

To me, he's trying to add 'realism' to the game by giving consequences to actions that encompass more than just the immediate circumstances around a decision. I really appreciate that effort, but it's a very tricky thing. First, it hinges on whether the consequences feel appropriate to the global circumstances, so it's obviously going to vary by individual taste. Second, it requires a certain amount of trust between the author and the player, namely that the player will accept unwanted outcomes and that the author will create a world consistent enough (and with sufficient foreshadowing) that those outcomes are fitting consequences for the decision.

To take the Acting Lessons examples, I felt like DPC succeeded on the cheating thing: the LI won't hold the MC's past exploits against him, but will hold exploits that happened after she got serious with him. Fair enough, IMHO. But I also felt DPC completely fucked up on the infamous ending: Leah being a psycho killer was in no way foreshadowed and frankly had nothing to do with the plot for the rest of the game. That was purely authorial fiat to make the game end the way DPC wanted.

So even as a fan of DPC, I feel he sometimes gets it wrong in a big way. But I do give him credit for trying something ambitious. My hope is that BaDIK will fix some of the flaws while keeping the merits, but I'm certainly keeping my eyes open.

This is one reason I have been so vocal in criticism of the “Great DPC”. Fanboys, he is great at renders. He does great wingmen dialogue.He has great music to go with all of this. But story? Writing? Logical outcomes? He is below so many other more talented authors.
I expect fanboys to frag me on this, but two years from now just remember what has been said. Now by all means, fap and enjoy!
Peace
With respect, Arigon, I think there might be a bit more to it than just fanboys raging at you for speaking truth. As I said above, what DPC is trying to do will hinge on how the reader perceives it, so there's a lot of room for differing opinions. There's also a difference between hoping DPC will get it right this time and blind faith in his abilities.

But above all else, you shouldn't dismiss the criticisms of everyone who disagrees with you as invalid. That, IMHO, is exactly the mistake DPC made when he got burned by the AL firestorm. Sure, some of the complaints were garbage, but a lot of them were not. By dismissing all of it as "peons who just didn't get it," he made it that much harder for him to learn from his mistakes.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Tommy - has access to the password. Has a temper. Cathy picture because he was pissed about Josy. Jade vid because he was pissed about MCs speech.
[/ispoiler]
You have to remember while the Cathy video is cannon the Jade one is not. Depending on how a playthrough is done, he may or may not have gotten the Jade video from you earlier on in the playthrough.

Reactions: Hrllav

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Having now run through my DIK, CHICK and Neutral play through I have some more thoughts;

Broadly I like the update. I think it could have been better, but some stuff is really going to depend on where the story winds up.

Ppositives;

Art - though I think the Cum shots are getting to big and some of the animations could have been better
Story - I don’t necessarily like where it’s going, but it’s reasonably well told.
Characters - I think the characters continue to be well written
Mechanics - I enjoyed the mansion fixing mini game

Negatives;

D&G - having now gone through it a few times, I think it was a mistake. I don’t think it’s badly done, and it’s kind of fun, especially the Sally stuff, but the energy for it, including the mini lewd scenes which I’ll probably never look at again seems wasted. I’d have liked either a bit more real world consequences to the choices in the game. (Charm Jill = Jill +1 Maya -1
Mona - She is running away at the end, it sucks, I wish MC could help her.
Jill - Tybalt blackmail sucks.
Bella - Silly that she would stay over. Also beginning to think unless you are going for her, you should leave her alone.

The last episode seemed to spend a bunch of energy saying “hey, main LI’s I’m dating other people.” This episode seems to say ”Hey, I feel guilty about dating other people and need to choose.” For a game that is only 6/12 (or even 6/18) through it is early to start to guilt the MC out. Will also bug me if it is a disaster to have fucked anyone but your main LI come the end. It seems like certainly for Bella, and possibly for Jill he is gearing up for something explosive depending on choices.

Lynette was wealthy
Lynette died young
Jill’s sister died

This is still coincidental, and I’m not convinced, but just want to keep track of the hints if it does happen

Who is the traitor? Theories;

Vinny - bugged the laptop, no real evidence for this. Perhaps helped by Nick. Not clear why he would betray them.

Nick - In the library when the laptop is missing, room wasn’t vandalised. Again nothing concrete.

Rusty - wouldn’t make sense, but the phone that has been gifted to MC and Jam Jam is interesting.

Leon - Hasn’t bothered to clean his room. Doesn’t seem to give a shit about anything.

Jamie - Perhaps not him but Dany. The feminists hate the DIKs.

Jacob - Seems unlikely. No reason, he’s room got trashed (plus from a meta stand point he now has the art, so doubtful he is a traitor)

Derek + MC - no access

In a way they could all be innocent and something else could be going on.

Jill cant be the aunty, If it were then Jill would have said hey it's your birthday the same day my sister died, how crazy, right? but no, she didnt...

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

Lynette was wealthy
Lynette died young
Jill’s sister died

Dude C'mon :FacePalm::FacePalm:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
That's more or less how I felt after playing Acting Lessons; DPC has a genuine gift for creating compelling characters - ones with the potential to truly move us as players - but he is irresponsible with the power that gives him. Leveraging that sort of emotional investment is certainly a classic trope, but it requires a delicate touch. Don Bluth pretty much made his career by stopping just short of scarring my childhood for life!

I'm not sure DPC knows when to stop. As I said before, I'm confident we can have happy endings with a LI of our choice, but I'm not sure what each of those endings will do to the other characters. It's my real fear about this game.

That said, I think I enjoyed this episode a lot more than you because I was already worried about all that and thus I could focus on the small things it does well with the various characters.. That, and I'm a lot more accepting of the fact that we WILL have to turn down some of the girls. To me, the concern isn't that we will be cut off from, say, Jill if we choose M&J, it's how cruel that rejection will be to Jill and what our relationship with Jill will be like after.

On that front, I think there are some mild positive signs in this episode. Calling Sage is mandatory for MC who are her fuck buddy, but was not mandatory for MCs who were just friends with her. That means my Jill-centric run through didn't have to turn down the second date to tend to Sage because he never knew she needed someone to tend to her. Similarly, that same MC could turn down Bella's offer to help clean up his room and thus avoid a lewd scene with her; I would have preferred to be able to accept her help and just let her go home for the evening, but I'll take what I can get.

Similarly, my main M&J run never had the second date with Jill, apparently because she picked up on the fact he just wasn't that into her. So for all the talk about how awkward it was seeing Jill and Josy at the library, there really wasn't much problem.

That said, I don't like how Jill handled the blackmail thing at all. The idea is valid, but the execution was lazy. It forced Jill into the stereotypical, naive debutante role she had so successfully avoided until now. I harbor serious concerns about how all of this will eventually unfold, and I'm hoping this was just a minor slip-up that will be corrected in Episode 7. So I don't want to complain overmuch about a character derailment that hasn't actually happened yet.

Anyway, my point is that all of this suggests to me there is at least some hope that unchosen girls might make it through the story in decent shape. That's a net win in my book, though obviously a trivially small one and we should all take to heart Josy's advice to take things slow emotionally.
I have to agree with you about DPC's cruelty at playing with the feelings of his audience, after experiencing this episode.

For me it was the way he handled Sage. In earlier episodes I really liked the way he made Sage bitchy when she was tired, I felt that the minor flaw made her more real, I even thought it was kinda cute. The way she reacted in the scene with Chad though was just so completely over the top, it was just unbelievable, and it took something away from the character, some of the humanity that he had written into her earlier in the game. Then the scene in the rain, it really hurt me that I couldn't comfort Sage. In that playthrough Sage is the main LI and I have full RP points with her. And yet now this character who is so close to her can do nothing right. It's like DPC leads you along and then smacks you in the head with a hammer, almost as badly as he did at the end of episode 3 with Maya and Josy. I'm seriously considering dropping this game entirely, I just don't want my feelings to be fucked with in this way.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I have to agree with you about DPC's cruelty at playing with the feelings of his audience, after experiencing this episode.

For me it was the way he handled Sage. In earlier episodes I really liked the way he made Sage bitchy when she was tired, I felt that the minor flaw made her more real, I even thought it was kinda cute. The way she reacted in the scene with Chad though was just so completely over the top, it was just unbelievable, and it took something away from the character, some of the humanity that he had written into her earlier in the game. Then the scene in the rain, it really hurt me that I couldn't comfort Sage. In that playthrough Sage is the main LI and I have full RP points with her. And yet now this character who is so close to her can do nothing right. It's like DPC leads you along and then smacks you in the head with a hammer, almost as badly as he did at the end of episode 3 with Maya and Josy. I'm seriously considering dropping this game entirely, I just don't want my feelings to be fucked with in this way.
How can a game make us feel so fucking bad? It really never ceases to amaze me that we care so much about people who don't exist, at least to me.

dosenspezi

May 2, 2017

Never felt sold down the river? I mean that's what Sage is going through, emotionally. How's that unbelievable?

Reactions: SomboSteel

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Affinity system showing its flaws once again as does dividing up characters on certain paths, like not being able to do anything with Jade and Cathy by staying with M&J.

So much of this game is now becoming an exercise in trying to understand why, from a character perspective, the MC wouldn't do certain things with certain characters or why they wouldn't do anything with him. It seems as though, in an effort to create replayability, the locking of certain events to different paths and affinities is creating inconsistency issues with how the MC is and what they can do because, as has been discussed many times, a player can do everything with M&J and can have just about all their RP points, yet they get rejected just because they're DIK afffinity. Well, in this episode we saw that we can also be rejected by Quinn even if we've done almost everything with her just because a player doesn't have DIK affinity and is with M&J.

Aside from the gaming logic of replayability factor, it doesn't make sense in either case to be so cut off because if you take out the hamstringing affinity system, the MC has done enough in both cases to surely be accepted in these moments. Without locking content to certain affinities and relationship paths, there would be still be a of replay options with the different routes you can take of focusing on particular LIs and all the variations therein.
A lot depends on how you look at it, but I mostly disagree.

Take Quinn. Yes, the MC can fool around with Quinn while still being an overall CHICK on M&J's path. But by the same token, that makes it look to Quinn as if she's just another of his dolls. Since Quinn has a big chip on her shoulder and hates feeling weak, I can see how that would tilt the balance and prevent her from opening up to the MC.

So to me this feels like one of those 'realistic' consequences I mentioned in my reply to Arigon: Quinn will only be willing to trust the MC if he makes her feel both wanted and special. I get how you might see it differently, though.

Still, to me, the real flaw is that DPC is bad at laying out coherent ground rules for how consequences in his world will play out. For the first season, nearly everything hinged on Status or Affinity, with RP adding a little depth to the scene here or there. It was rare pursuing one opportunity would foreclose another.

As we advance, Status and Affinity are becoming more rigid even as they tend to be less important than the specific actions an MC has taken before. It makes for a confusing path to navigate. This is made even worse by the muddled feedback DPC gives.

I've complained before about Maya/Josy giving contradicting explanations for why they rejected the MC; any player trying to work out their mistake based on the in-game logic is in for a serious headache. Some of the new branches are even worse because they provide NO in-game feedback that a consequence has even occurred: the MC turning down Cathy or Quinn turning down the MC thanks to the M&J path are the big offenders here. At least Jill's photo provides a coherent explanation for why the MC will turn down Nora.

The Affinity system itself has that problem in spades, to the point I don't think even DPC could give a succinct explanation for why the various choices (and only those choices!) count the way they do. Tying a bunch of consequences to that mechanic was almost doomed to rankle our feathers, but we're pretty well stuck with it now.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,514 Votes