Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There are no breadcumbs. Jill is a LI. End of story.
And that is where DPC wants you to be. She was a late add on. The cover story would make it unlikely to impossible, but what if some or all is a lie? Stranger things have happened. Until I replay when the story is done(assuming it is not shit like AL) I will not have Jill as a LI unless she comes free with Bella!

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
How long does the game loading take cause i tried opening the game its not getting opened.. i'm using mac...i am not getting any error msg...
Now this is interesting. Did you download the full version, or the update ? What program did you use to unzip it ?

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't jill's sister younger then her?
If that's the case, weird that jill is a student there as well.

So the fact that MC is 19 years old, and his mother died when he was born.
and if i'm right about jill being older then her sister. closes this case.
I don’t think that is the case. Happy for someone to share a line of text to prove it’s the case. That would obviously put the idea to bed.

There are no breadcumbs. Jill is a LI. End of story.
Yes, she is a love interest. That in no way disproves the idea. The things I listed are breadcrumbs, they don’t necessarily create a path. They could be designed to create a similar sense of the person the MC and Jill lost. Not that they are the same person, but that the people they lost had similar characteristics. A way to emotionally bond MC and Jill. They could also be red herrings, though they are perhaps a little subtle for that.

The deeper the story goes for me the more I feel like it’s really Jill or Sage who fit the best with the MC. I don’t think Maya and Josy have developed particularly well (at least in this episode) the relationship felt kind of stagnant. Bella is her own beast. I’m not sure we’ll get a ‘happy ending‘ with her. But we might be able to help her be happy.

Reactions: RogueShadowDev

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Put that together with the fact that almost no advancement was made with LIs, and you get a disappointing update in terms of story.
That's what confuses me about Jade/Quinn, why give them so much more content then LI's, what is DPC planning?

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
And that is where DPC wants you to be. She was a late add on. The cover story would make it unlikely to impossible, but what if some or all is a lie? Stranger things have happened. Until I replay when the story is done(assuming it is not shit like AL) I will not have Jill as a LI unless she comes free with Bella!
Jill is the MAIN main love interest, the image of the game, the most famous and popular, DPC is not going to leave us without such an important character

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Is there a way for the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seems like its the end of that plotline no matter what you choose.
In the conversation with Nora the MC mentions being done with Swyper, wouldn't surprise me if it's gone in episode 7.

It seemed like it was a plot device to work through the initial Maya/Josy bullshit, and it also provided some laughs, a one time hookup, and perhaps the start of a relationship.

All in all time for a new app on our new phones, hopefully some nice new backgrounds as well.

Reactions: Nasssun and Hrllav

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Guys, I have a problem. It's been a while since looking into this game. So I thought with the new update it may be worth downloading again. The thing is, I can't boot the game up. I'm playing on a MacBook Pro with Big Sur OS. I tested it with some other Renpy games and there were no problems whatsoever with other games, only with Being a DIK. The error message I get is like this: "You do not have the necessary access rights to open the program "BeingADIK".

Maybe you guys can help. Thx
The most common cause is that the executable files inside the game package lost their execute permission during unzipping. Try unzipping with The Unarchiver, or add the execute permission to both executable files inside the package with chmod a+x in Terminal. Both files are called BeingADIK, one is in Contents/MacOS and the other in Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
makes sense. im on the new one (catalina) and i think it added a shit ton of new permissions
Not necessarily, I've also ran across this error on High Sierra. And Catalina is not the new one btw. You're already behind (just kidding)

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Your on crack if you think Jill is more popular then Bella lol.
I think youre on hash or something didnt you see jill intro when u first time play it
Bella could've been there but she wasnt there
Jill is the main Love interest in BADIK or u should do the Jill path from beginning one more time

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
I don’t think that is the case. Happy for someone to share a line of text to prove it’s the case. That would obviously put the idea to bed.

Yes, she is a love interest. That in no way disproves the idea. The things I listed are breadcrumbs, they don’t necessarily create a path. They could be designed to create a similar sense of the person the MC and Jill lost. Not that they are the same person, but that the people they lost had similar characteristics. A way to emotionally bond MC and Jill. They could also be red herrings, though they are perhaps a little subtle for that.

The deeper the story goes for me the more I feel like it’s really Jill or Sage who fit the best with the MC. I don’t think Maya and Josy have developed particularly well (at least in this episode) the relationship felt kind of stagnant. Bella is her own beast. I’m not sure we’ll get a ‘happy ending‘ with her. But we might be able to help her be happy.

hmm i've been checking something.
That previous date with Jill.

You may actually be right. but then drPinkcake would be breaking his word about no incest here.
There is indeed a link between jill's sister and mc's mother. But this is just a little info about her sister.
Jill is 21 in Ch5. her sister died when she was 3.

So yeah the same as mc's mother 18 years ago, or is it just a coincident?

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I downloaded the Mac version, the full version, and it will not open stating I do not have permission. Is there an issue with the Mac version? Or can someone advise what I need to do to open the file.
The advise Brichouse gave you is sound. Alternatively, if you don't have the zip file anymore, you can fix this by adding the execute permission to both files called BeingADIK inside the game app. You can do this with chmod a+x in Terminal.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I think youre on hash or something didnt you see jill intro when u first time play it
Bella could've been there but she wasnt there
Jill is the main Love interest in BADIK or u should do the Jill path from beginning one more time
And? What does that have to do with anything i said? If you go back and read what i said correctly you would realize that nothing i said is wrong, just because Jill is the "Main love interest" doesn't make her popular.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020

You may actually be right. but then drPinkcake would be breaking his word about no incest here.
There is indeed a link between jill's sister and mc's mother. But this is just a little info about her sister.

Jill's sister did not die when she was 3. She fully remembers her sister and has plenty of memories of her, if she died when Jill was that young Jill wouldn't remember her at all.

Also she's clearly 6-7 years old at least in the picture of her on her sisters shoulder we see in chapter 2.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

I dont care about she is MC aunt or not... I dont care, What I want is for her to continue being a love interest, whether it is finally his aunt or not

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes