Zentis

Aug 5, 2019
Totally get you, but I think the 5k are just going to be there as sort of a decision rather than a part of MC's usual money that we see on screen. I reckon he has to choose whether to give it to the DIKs or Maya for the tuition or maybe even Quinn because of how much she needs money.
But then again if DPC is going to give us the option of polygamy, then Jill might end up helping Maya.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
But then again if DPC is going to give us the option of polygamy, then Jill might end up helping Maya.
I don't think so. She might end up helping Maya, but not due to polygamy.

The only possible 2 mini harems I see is Maya and Josie for obvious reasons. and mayyyybee Jill and Bella. Who the fuck knows what's going on there, but they seem to have a strong bond, and Bella warns you not to hurt Jill, but she still does stuff with you.

Reading between the lines, I think that you will not even have that. Between Josie and Maya, there has been several times to chose between them. I think at some or other stage, the game is going to force you to go out with just one.... maybe.

markyy1987

Oct 1, 2017
Having to choose between Jill and Sage was a dick move by dpc and shows he clearly hasn't learned from his AL crap. Having to choose who to hang out with to celebrate your birthday would have been much better as a branching point than forcing the Mc to leaving sick and devastated sage which he already committed to visit just to get a date with jill. Worse if you choose sage then the reward for the MC is blackmail win since jill stupidly interpret that as a sign so doesn't say anything to MC. Guess DPC had one of his brainfart moment when doing this scene.
It aint a dick move. This happens in real life, and we need to choose our priorities. Do you blame life for doing a dickmove when it puts you on a crossroad or a simple life dilemma? I doubt. You decide, move on and face the consequences of reality.

Personally, i think its great we get to choose in the first place. I hate it when games become too linear (lazy). Its nice to play a game where decisions affect your play-through.

Its exactly why i choose to support DPC's patreon. His games, while some are tragic, are more immersive than any i have ever played.

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
well my first instinct about the money, is that it's gonna be Stolen. it would be kinda weird to be this Hail Mary , for Maya, or Quinn, or for anything. there are to many variables in the game in the first place. creating content, based on who you give the money, is an another corner for DPC that I don't think he is prepared for.
the best way to use this money is probably implementing it as a plot story element, something that we won't have control over it.

DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
What! So you never made a prior arrangement with someone, only to have something new pop up and you had to chose where you want to go to!?

That happened to me quite a few times in my younger days, and sometimes, to this day, I wonder if I made the right choice. For me this is super realistic
It aint a dick move. This happens in real life, and we need to choose our priorities. Do you blame life for doing a dickmove when it puts you on a crossroad or a simple life dilemma? I doubt. You decide, move on and face the consequences of reality.

Personally, i think its great we get to choose in the first place. I hate it when games become too linear (lazy). Its nice to play a game where decisions affect your play-through.

Its exactly why i choose to support DPC's patreon. His games, while some are tragic, are more immersive than any i have ever played.
I think the point is that it's stupid that you're getting penalised for doing what is obviously the right thing to do in that situation. Sage is ill and you've promised to take care of her. In real life, no one would blame you for staying home instead of going out to take care of a sick friend or family member, especially when you've already promised them you would stay home and do that. As such, the choice becomes pretty stupid, because there shouldn't be a downside to helping Sage, other than missing out on an opportunity to hang out with Jill.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think the point is that it's stupid that you're getting penalised for doing what is obviously the right thing to do in that situation. Sage is ill and you've promised to take care of her. In real life, no one would blame you for staying home instead of going out to take care of a sick friend or family member, especially when you've already promised them you would stay home and do that. As such, the choice becomes pretty stupid, because there shouldn't be a downside to helping Sage, other than missing out on an opportunity to hang out with Jill.
In real life I'd say, "Sorry Jill, I promised Sage I'd take care of her today, she's brokenhearted as well as feeling under the weather and needs some cheering up, how about you bring that funny smile of yours to make her forget her woes and we make it a threesome?". This game is so unrealistic!

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

We'll se what are the consequences of this choice. I could understand Sage being disappointed and willing to downgrade her relationship with the MC if he chooses to go with Jill's date instead of helping her, but I wouldn't understand that kind of move from Jill. I mean, in real life, this is a no-brainer and any normal person regardless his DIK/CHICK alignment would go and help his friend, would tell the other person what's happening, and unless this other person is utterly stupid (which we think it's not Jill's case, at least before the whole blackmailing thing) everything would be fine between them.

That's what some of us don't like from DPC and why we don't support him on Patreon, because there are lot of moments like this that break the immersion for us. He offers you a choice here, but doesn't allow others that would mean a real conflict for players, like going to Jade after getting M&J, thus also blocking Cathy because reasons, and some more of that kind. He just blocks some paths without a clear or even logical in-game reasoning, while offering brainless choices that leads to some over the top drama. It's great to have branches instead of a linear development but when those branches aren't well thought (or, at least, players can't understand their logic) you are not making it any better

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
What! So you never made a prior arrangement with someone, only to have something new pop up and you had to chose where you want to go to!?

That happened to me quite a few times in my younger days, and sometimes, to this day, I wonder if I made the right choice. For me this is super realistic

Come on man, pre-relationship butterflies makes you jump to stupid conclusions. You over analyse everything. Jill is probably thinking that you are making an excuse. Think of all the effort she has put into planning the picnic, then the MC blows her off with one sentence. It makes you doubt your importance for that person. Been there got the T-Shirt.

Oh, just to be clear, I hated this option from DPC, but to say it bad for the game, or any such thing is petty. Like complaining about not getting Tris and Yennefer. Nope just like in RL, you sometimes need to choose. Unfortunately.
For a Jill fan like me it wasn't an hard choice (I hate that I had to skip Envy content though), it is always a big no to refuse more time with her, and having seen the event, she also prepared so much for the MC. Sage could be taken care of by one the HOT, why should it be the MC. I guess for those who like both of them, DPC want to instill a feeling of uneasiness in which you might not be 100 % happy with any of your choice if the MC is very much close with them. Yeah, it isn't fun at all, it is more of a case of "Reality ensues" within a limited "timeframe". It is what DPC wants and we have to accept his style whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Come on man, pre-relationship butterflies makes you jump to stupid conclusions. You over analyse everything. Jill is probably thinking that you are making an excuse. Think of all the effort she has put into planning the picnic, then the MC blows her off with one sentence. It makes you doubt your importance for that person. Been there got the T-Shirt.

Oh, just to be clear, I hated this option from DPC, but to say it bad for the game, or any such thing is petty. Like complaining about not getting Tris and Yennefer. Nope just like in RL, you sometimes need to choose. Unfortunately.
That's true, but it depends. It's not the same cancelling a date last second with a shitty excuse than saying he actually has plans when she comes so out of the blue. And it also depends what he says, if he says why he's busy and offers an alternative plan she shouldn't take it in a bad way. But even if I'm really interested in Jill I would choose Sage under those conditions every time. If then Jill decides to break it then it's on her. I can't morally justify choosing Jill then, and to me that's a problem.

Reactions: Alfius and moskyx

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Well, it is a penalty for those who are chasing multiple paths. if you are not in Jill path she not even show up. and if you are not on Sage path, than your character can pick wheter you help or not, and in this way you won't get negative relatinship point for Sage, if you not helping her and you go with Jill. but if you chasing both of them , than yeah, you disappointing one of them. :(
I know the feeling, I'm on the J&M -Jill-Sage- path. because i still can't decide. 6 episode and still dont know who will worth it, and I don't want to create 5 different save, just to focus on one character, while missing out 70% of the game. :ROFLMAO:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
almost everyone is saying Jill is leaving their MC because of him punching and the blackmail on mine Jill is still with me and i told her that we will find a way to get Tybelt off her and i think im getting to the point where i might have to pick eventhough i told her i was falling for her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020

You don't get it all man i don't mind having to choose and having those choices matter unlike in some games where it is forgotten. Its what we have to choose between that annoys me, you are forced to choose between sick friend and date. If it was simply choosing between 2 love interests to go out with i wouldn't mind. Also considering jill personality i don't really see her not understanding the MC taking care of a sick friend.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
We'll se what are the consequences of this choice. I could understand Sage being disappointed and willing to downgrade her relationship with the MC if he chooses to go with Jill's date instead of helping her, but I wouldn't understand that kind of move from Jill. I mean, in real life, this is a no-brainer and any normal person regardless his DIK/CHICK alignment would go and help his friend, would tell the other person what's happening, and unless this other person is utterly stupid (which we think it's not Jill's case, at least before the whole blackmailing thing) everything would be fine between them.

That's what some of us don't like from DPC and why we don't support him on Patreon, because there are lot of moments like this that break the immersion for us. He offers you a choice here, but doesn't allow others that would mean a real conflict for players, like going to Jade after getting M&J, thus also blocking Cathy because reasons, and some more of that kind. He just blocks some paths without a clear or even logical in-game reasoning, while offering brainless choices that leads to some over the top drama. It's great to have branches instead of a linear development but when those branches aren't well thought (or, at least, players can't understand their logic) you are not making it any better
If you can't read a woman's mind, you lose points all the time irl. Jill went to all the trouble making a picnic basket (sure she said it wasn't anything big - but there were lines to be read between!) and MC blows her off and tells her he's going to see another girl. Sick or no, it's another girl... Now Jill told MC it was totally fine to see other people when they went on their tennis date - and you believed her? Big mistake, you weren't reading her mind! And her last words to the MC were, "So, uh. Happy birthday". That's code for, "You ain't getting any of *this*".

QinZeus

Dec 8, 2018
that mac version isn't working for me, i am getting permission denied. i downloaded another game and it work fine... Help

markyy1987

Oct 1, 2017
Thats the point. The game tries to be like life. I've cancelled so many things IRL to make room for stuff. Some of them i regret and some of them were worth it. Thats what the game is trying to make you feel: that you will miss out on some stuff by making decisions. Thats what makes it a DECISION.

And hey, unlike Real Life, you can always reload and see which path you prefer.

I checked/reloaded both paths and decided to go with Jill and cancel on Sage. Looking forward to the consequences next episode (good or bad). No regrets at all.

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I think people defending the choice between Sage and Jill are missing the bigger picture. The game has set up a morality system, Chick vs. Dick. To pursue Jill, you need to do Chick things, aka "good guy" stuff. Sage tends to go more for the Dik or "bad boy" stuff.

The problem isn't making us choose, it's making the choice incongruent with the morality system. Promising to take care of a sick friend and ditching them to go on a date should be a "dick move", but because the date is with Jill this is considered the "good guy" choice. Likewise, telling someone you can't go on a spontaneous outing because a sick friend needs you should be perfectly reasonable, but since this is Sage over Jill, it is considered the "bad boy" path.

Now if the roles were reversed, if we promised to tend to a sick Jill and then had a choice to ditch her and spend time with Sage instead, that would fit with what the game has established. The problem isn't being made to choose -- we're going to have to narrow it down to one (maybe two?) LI's eventually -- it's that this particular choice was poorly constructed and runs counter to the game's own purported moral standards.

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes