moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
If you can't read a woman's mind, you lose points all the time irl. Jill went to all the trouble making a picnic basket (sure she said it wasn't anything big - but there were lines to be read between!) and MC blows her off and tells her he's going to see another girl. Sick or no, it's another girl... Now Jill told MC it was totally fine to see other people when they went on their tennis date - and you believed her? Big mistake, you weren't reading her mind! And her last words to the MC were, "So, uh. Happy birthday". That's code for, "You ain't getting any of *this*".
Well, then she's not worth it. Easy choice, in the end, if she punishes you for being a nice person for your friends

markyy1987

Oct 1, 2017
I think people defending the choice between Sage and Jill are missing the bigger picture. The game has set up a morality system, Chick vs. Dick. To pursue Jill, you need to do Chick things, aka "good guy" stuff. Sage tends to go more for the Dik or "bad boy" stuff.

The problem isn't making us choose, it's making the choice incongruent with the morality system. Promising to take care of a sick friend and ditching them to go on a date should be a "dick move", but because the date is with Jill this is considered the "good guy" choice. Likewise, telling someone you can't go on a spontaneous outing because a sick friend needs you should be perfectly reasonable, but since this is Sage over Jill, it is considered the "bad boy" path.

Now if the roles were reversed, if we promised to tend to a sick Jill and then had a choice to ditch her and spend time with Sage instead, that would fit with what the game has established. The problem isn't being made to choose -- we're going to have to narrow it down to one (maybe two?) LI's eventually -- it's that this particular choice was poorly constructed and runs counter to the game's own purported moral standards.
Oh, so you're saying the choice should automatically be made based on your morality? If DIK = go to JILL and if CHICK = stick with Sage? Sort of makes sense, since some of the events are accessible only to certain moralities...

BUT IF THAT WERE THE CASE, IM SURE a lot of guys will STILL complain on why DPC made morality locked events and its no longer imersive, blah vlah vlah...

Hey! That's how DPC wants it. If you dont like it, dont play it. Make your own game then.

I think the game is fine the way it is.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I think the point is that it's stupid that you're getting penalised for doing what is obviously the right thing to do in that situation. Sage is ill and you've promised to take care of her. In real life, no one would blame you for staying home instead of going out to take care of a sick friend or family member, especially when you've already promised them you would stay home and do that. As such, the choice becomes pretty stupid, because there shouldn't be a downside to helping Sage, other than missing out on an opportunity to hang out with Jill.
People in love, like Jill at this stage, is not rational. The just see your not going to the picnic as turning them down. Remember, it took a whole lot of guts and overcoming fear from their side to basically ask you out. Rejection no matter how justified it is, is never easy.

(I know...asking someone out to a dance, but someone else already asked her, hurts)

The you also leaves out the part where the person you are looking after are another female. Some girls are Maybe ok with it, but most would not be. Especially if they don't know each other that well yet. She is still very insecure about your relationship, so anything happening like this, can just be seen from her side as "Fuck it! Why have I gone through all this shit and he turned me down to look after another girl. Fuck him, I guess he does not like me enough. booohooohooo "Real tears"...I really liked him... I'm heartbroken, but I guess it's time for me to move on."

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Oh, so you're saying the choice should automatically be made based on your morality? If DIK = go to JILL and if CHICK = stick with Sage? Sort of makes sense, since some of the events are accessible only to certain moralities...

BUT IF THAT WERE THE CASE, IM SURE a lot of guys will STILL complain on why DPC made morality locked events and its no longer imersive, blah vlah vlah...

Hey! That's how DPC wants it. If you dont like it, dont play it. Make your own game then.

I think the game is fine the way it is.
No, what we think is that staying with Sage is a CHICK move according to in-game's standards, so it shouldn't mean a penalty for those interested in Jill, as she's been all for CHICK decisions so far. If this changes in the very moment those decisions affect her directly... well, we can say that's because women are complex, but basically throws out of the window all what DPC has built in terms of gaming mechanics and characterization

Reactions: p22 and chronomate

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Okay, I just have to come in and say... y'all REALLY have read all of this shit about Jill's character and think she'd get mad at MC for taking care of a friend??? (because at this point, 1. Jill doesn't know MC has slept with Sage and 2. MC and Sage aren't sleeping together) WHAT about her character as written makes you believe that she's the type to not understand a friend being in need or the value of not breaking a promise previously made? It'd be different if Jill even had an inkling of a suspicion that MC and Sage are more than friends, but as far as we've seen, that's not the case.

Crazygamer43

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 25, 2018
Being a DIK: Episodes 1-6 (v0.6.1)

Thank you all for your support! Enjoy!

Full Game links (v0.6.1)
NOTE! Try another link if your download fails
Windows/Linux (10.8 GB)

macOS (10.8 GB)

Patch only (v0.6.1)
If you downloaded the full game using the links above, you don't need to patch the game.
The patch will upgrade your game from v0.5.0/v0.5.1/v0.5.2/v0.6.0 to v0.6.1.
NOTE! Patch only works with unmodified Patreon versions (v0.5.0/v0.5.1/v0.5.2/v0.6.0). Patch instructions are included in the .zip file.
Windows/Linux (3.1 GB)

macOS (3.1 GB)

uploading......

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I'm waiting to see how things will turn out in the next episode before casting judgement on this choice. I felt like Jill of all people would understand needing to help friends in need on an urgent basis after Cathy. It probably sucks since she prepared for the date, but it would suck if its a major issue down the line.

Reactions: brichouse

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I think the point is that it's stupid that you're getting penalised for doing what is obviously the right thing to do in that situation. Sage is ill and you've promised to take care of her. In real life, no one would blame you for staying home instead of going out to take care of a sick friend or family member, especially when you've already promised them you would stay home and do that. As such, the choice becomes pretty stupid, because there shouldn't be a downside to helping Sage, other than missing out on an opportunity to hang out with Jill.
This is not how real life works. Doing the right thing is not always rewarded and sometimes in love, you need to make sacrifices.

Let me tell you if this happened to me in RL, and Sage was just a friend and I was falling for Jill, there would not be a snowball's change in hell that I would have gone to Sage. If you want to win someone's heart, you need to show them they are special. Choosing Jill over Sage will move your relationship forward, to the next level.

Take it from an old man. In love, you need to strike the Iron while it's hot. If a girl think she is not your first priority, she can lose interest faster that a dog taking a shit. It took me years to learn that lesson.

This situation from DPC's game is 100% like RL. It's not fair, but life is not fair.

Last edited:

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
I'm waiting to see how things will turn out in the next episode before casting judgement on this choice. I felt like Jill of all people would understand needing to help friends in need on an urgent basis after Cathy. It probably sucks since she prepared for the date, but it would suck if its a major issue down the line.
I didn't really get the sense that the choice made would cut off the other path, but I guess you never know? I would say I could see it being a problem if MC continues dating both of them and whichever one that was "ditched" learns about why and feels some type of way (if MC wasn't forthcoming), but even then... I'm not sure how they'd hear about it since the date with Jill is super lowkey. Taking care of Sage is far less lowkey since he ran into several HOTs, but... still don't really know why word would travel to Jill in the prep house of all places lol

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
No, what we think is that staying with Sage is a CHICK move according to in-game's standards, so it shouldn't mean a penalty for those interested in Jill, as she's been all for CHICK decisions so far. If this changes in the very moment those decisions affect her directly... well, we can say that's because women are complex, but basically throws out of the window all what DPC has built in terms of gaming mechanics and characterization
Also and for the record, the game doesn't give you a chance to excuse yourself with Sage if you want to go out with Jill, totally out of character for a supposed "chick MC". We get no choice but to technically ghost a sick Sage already waiting us.

Reactions: moskyx

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Okay, I just have to come in and say... y'all REALLY have read all of this shit about Jill's character and think she'd get mad at MC for taking care of a friend??? (because at this point, 1. Jill doesn't know MC has slept with Sage and 2. MC and Sage aren't sleeping together) WHAT about her character as written makes you believe that she's the type to not understand a friend being in need or the value of not breaking a promise previously made? It'd be different if Jill even had an inkling of a suspicion that MC and Sage are more than friends, but as far as we've seen, that's not the case.
Jill does get mad, you lose two points if you chose Sage. You lose points no matter who you choose, and whoever you scorned will remember ("Hell hath no fury..." and all that, William Congreve I believe).

Lord_Raven

Jun 3, 2017
Stuck here as well. Any fix?
I just bypassed it by not looking at the texts. I already plan on doing a full playthrough again because there's a lot of stuff you cant do if you made certain choices in the past. When a bug fix comes out and Scrappy has a bug fix for his mod, I'll be able to see all the content.

Reactions: BigSexy77

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Jill does get mad, you lose two points if you chose Sage. You lose points no matter who you choose, and whoever you scorned will remember ("Hell hath no fury..." and all that, William Congreve I believe).
If that's the case, it's inconsistent with how DPC has been portraying the character of Jill, which is unfortunate.
Sage getting mad... I believe. Especially since she's been dealing with feeling like she was playing second fiddle in her relationship with Chad for idk how long and got dumped.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Also and for the record, the game doesn't give you a chance to excuse yourself with Sage if you want to go out with Jill, totally out of character for a supposed "chick MC". We get no choice but to technically ghost a sick Sage already waiting us.
Yeah, tons of moments like this. Most of conflicts arise just for the lack of a very simple communication between characters. And having 19-23 years old is not an excuse

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
If that's the case, it's inconsistent with how DPC has been portraying the character of Jill, which is unfortunate.
Sage getting mad... I believe. Especially since she's been dealing with feeling like she was playing second fiddle in her relationship with Chad for idk how long and got dumped.
Remember Jill is stressing out at the moment, her piano practice isn't going well, Tybalt is threatening legal action against MC for trespass and other things, she's trying to break up with MC to protect him from Tybalt's action, her tits are too heavy and it's giving her a backache, and she's just rushed around and organised this awesome picnic and the MC tells her to FO! If it was me, I would have knifed the MC!

4.80 star(s) 1,511 Votes