shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Depends on what they do with this game and what a future one would be. If they do anything like or even close to AL's dark drama ending, then it's not likely to go down well. People would still support them and they probably wouldn't lose that many patrons, but their reputation might take a knock if they have more sad, depressing endings in this game.

As for their next game, if it's another one with a real-world setting then it will probably do OK, but I have a feeling that the long DnG game in this episode was practice for the setting of their next game. That might go down well with some people if it's a DnD, GoT, Witcher type game, but it wouldn't be my cup of tea so I'd probably skip it and I'm sure there would be others who feel the same, especially since it opens itself more to dark, tragic themes than even AL or BaDIK.
DPC is good at these games, he's only made two and they are utter standouts in the genre and he's pulling 26K - 66K per month (I don't know what his outlay is). Why would he stop, unless he's pushing himself too hard and he burns out.

Badred

Dec 19, 2018
The fighting mechanics are waaay over complicated in this game... Like ffs im using a laptop and have tiny arrow keys. I can't press the arrows fast enough without pressing 2 keys constantly. Please for the love of god make it easier or skippable...

Reactions: Sypher1976

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
The fighting mechanics are waaay over complicated in this game... Like ffs im using a laptop and have tiny arrow keys. I can't press the arrows fast enough without pressing 2 keys constantly. Please for the love of god make it easier or skippable...
You have the option right at the beginning of the game to skip all minigames. It's been there since episode 1.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Depends on what they do with this game and what a future one would be. If they do anything like or even close to AL's dark drama ending, then it's not likely to go down well. People would still support them and they probably wouldn't lose that many patrons, but their reputation might take a knock if they have more sad, depressing endings in this game.

As for their next game, if it's another one with a real-world setting then it will probably do OK, but I have a feeling that the long DnG game in this episode was practice for the setting of their next game. That might go down well with some people if it's a DnD, GoT, Witcher type game, but it wouldn't be my cup of tea so I'd probably skip it and I'm sure there would be others who feel the same, especially since it opens itself more to dark, tragic themes than even AL or BaDIK.
I hope you are wrong

it will probably also depend on how his patreons have received these diversions, I hope they are bored half as much as I am

Reactions: DavDR

Elum Eno

Oct 4, 2019
Has anyone thought that maybe just maybe (read that as hopefully) Mona was not leaving but just moving into the HOT's house?

I know it's a long shot... but lets keep a little hope!

Reactions: openup212

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Can't you just set it on easy mode if you don't want to deactivate all mini games? They have easy/normal/hard. The only one that presents a challenge is hard mode. Maybe it is worse on a laptop, but I never thought it was that bad.

Badred

Dec 19, 2018
You have the option right at the beginning of the game to skip all minigames. It's been there since episode 1.
Is there an option to disable it later in the game? Cuz i bothered to start all over and at the beginning, the fight scenes weren't as complicated as a fight with Tommy... Like what kind of superhumans are those meant for anyway? Or am i supposed to lose to Tommy?

Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Has anyone thought that maybe just maybe (read that as hopefully) Mona was not leaving but just moving into the HOT's house?

That scene was waaay too dramatic to be her just moving from her dorm to the HOTs house. Kinda like that ridiculous scene in 300 where some dude is riding his horse to epic music in slow motion and when he arrives he just gets off his horse and hands a letter to someone. WTF?!

Badred

Dec 19, 2018
Can't you just set it on easy mode if you don't want to deactivate all mini games? They have easy/normal/hard. The only one that presents a challenge is hard mode. Maybe it is worse on a laptop, but I never thought it was that bad.
When did this game launch.... It isn't that surprising to forget what you chose after like 2 years....

macaquinh0

Oct 7, 2020
Is there an option to disable it later in the game? Cuz i bothered to start all over and at the beginning, the fight scenes weren't as complicated as a fight with Tommy... Like what kind of superhumans are those meant for anyway? Or am i supposed to lose to Tommy?
Unfortunately don't think so, you'd have to start from the beginning.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Tommy was definitely the hardest (i.e. he seemed to have the most energy), but unless you're playing on hard mode, it seemed easy to beat him without a scratch (except for the black eye).

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Tommy is more easy to fight than the new alpha, i dont remember his name.
In hard i give 5 hits and he loss.

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
you can use the scrappy mod to disable them. I've got a modded and unmodded version installed partly for that reason and also so that next time i can just download the updat

Reactions: Badred

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Obviously she has lied with her age, but from there to being Maya's mother it is more difficult to link
It's not that difficult, to be honest. Admittedly I'm having difficulty recalling if Maya's Mom has been mentioned, but whilst you would think that having an uber-religious, likely conservative husband would mean she is the same, she could simply be just putting up with it if she's somewhat "trapped" in the marriage. But she's not totally subserviant in that she has her own life, friends, etc, and goes out occasionally, like to MacAllen's bar to drink away her sorrows at having a terrible husband and sexless marriage. So she gets on Swyper to satisfy her itch and she does so with the MC who she might meet later if the MC does pretend to be Maya's boyfriend and he's invited to "meet the folks".

However, that is sadly too straightforward and farcical for DPC who prefers darker subplots, so this probably won't be the case, but could have been.

DPC is good at these games, he's only made two and they are utter standouts in the genre and he's pulling 26K - 66K per month (I don't know what his outlay is). Why would he stop, unless he's pushing himself too hard and he burns out.
They are good with the renders, animations, and creating compelling character that you grow to care about, but they rely too much on heavy drama and their pacing is too quick. This game could go to 12-16 episodes easily had the plot developed more gradually over the course of a few in-game months rather than 3 weeks. Everything piles on the MC and the player very quickly in this game and (pardon the pun) before you can get a handle one fire, 4 more spring up.

Ideally, he would continue to produce BaDIK and keep the story going as long as possible since it's a big earner, but if they have an idea right now for another game, then they'll want to get on it ASAP, so spending the next 3-5 years on this wouldn't be ideal for them if they're keen to get on with the next game.

I thought so too for a moment, but when you look at the general context of that scene - the rain, Mona cloaked in darkess with her hood up, Burke in a dark room with only the light of the computer screen illuminating him - it's got a much darker and more depressing than you'd expect if she was just moving from the dorm to the HOT house.

Plus, her leaving will further facilitate Quinn's downfall as the HOTs will likely be in shock, most notably Camila and Riona, so it's an unfortunately necessary evil in this story thread.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes